Bad relationship with both parents

logicalnonsense
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bad relationship with both parents

Post by logicalnonsense »

Anyone else have a bad relationship with both of their parents? Did you ever fix it/how? I'm 21 and I've always had a bad relationship with my mom, she was always really verbally abusive towards me and still is. Recently my dad has been the same way. I unfortunately still live with them, but have tried to leave a couple times. They always are talking down to me and belittling me/comparing me to my sisters who do everything right. They are pressuring me to get a job even though I really don't need one right now, I am in college and feel a job would just add to my stress and make my grades drop. I have tried to tell them this but they never listen and usually threaten to kick me out. I've always been on the bigger side (I have thyroid and metabolic issues) so they would always add certain little digs at me like when I ate and stuff, which in turn caused me to make myself throw up after every meal. I stopped that before it turned into anything too serious after one of my sisters caught me doing it. I still self harm occasionally though, but in places that are easier to hide. I've never cut, but I have scratched, which is sometimes just as bad. I can't tell my parents any of that because they would just throw me in a psych ward, even though I am not crazy. I tried to move in with my grandparents when I found out that my family was moving to CT earlier this year but my mom told my grandparents not to let me. I am just so tired of feeling like I don't matter and that nothing I do will make them happy, and I really needed to vent.

Lorelei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bad relationship with both parents

Post by Lorelei »

My parents are the same, same, same way in everyway.

:(
Kalel's Spread
SO KAWAII!!!!

Return to “Family”