Acrylic nails

happyheart15
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Acrylic nails

Post by happyheart15 »

My nails grow, but they're not nice looking. Plus I'm not good at doing them myself. I want my nails to look nice and presentable. I have been resisting getting acrylic nails, but I think it may be time. Is there anyone here who has acrylics or has had them in the past? Are they damaging to your nails? If they are, does the damage eventually grow out?

BornThisWay94

Re: Acrylic nails

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I've had them--yes they're very damaging to your nails. When you first get them done, your nails will most likely be sore for the first day or two and then it'll go away. When you get them removed, or when they fall off, your nails will be very brittle and weak and it'll take some time for them to grow out.

happyheart15
Informer
Informer

Post by happyheart15 »

Thanks.

boop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by boop »

My nails have never been "sore" from fake nails.

I currently have gel sets on, and the only thing that took a while to get used to was the heaviness feeling on your fingers.

When I actually removed gel/acrylic nails properly, my nails weren't that badly damaged, slightly - yes but not awful.
Majority of the time though I've just peeled/cracked off my nails and of course they get damaged

Mignonette
Debater
Debater

Post by Mignonette »

If you already have weak nails, acrylics aren't a good idea unless you want to keep up with it. I usually just do the drag queen trick, and do up a pair of Kiss, paint my nails in a good "Peely offy" polish and glue them on that so they rip off easily and my actual nails aren't totally boned, then I am left to use my dominant hand as well.

But I would never do acrylics. My nails are already garbage, and I hate anything high maintenance.

allpinkeverything
Informer
Informer

Post by allpinkeverything »

I would never do acrylics, just Japanese gel :tu:

hustle rose~
Informer
Informer

Post by hustle rose~ »

Don't do it.
The one and only time I got acrylic nails done was 6 years ago and my nails still show the damage. They were nice and thick and healthy but now are thin and brittle af.
I regret getting them so bad. I have to keep them super short because they break so easily, it sucks.

I did get shellac done a few months ago and really liked that though. If you want to get your nails done, I suggest that.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I have them right now, and I'm going to get them re-done tomorrow :) or I'll take them off, will see.
The only complain I have is that my finger nails hurt as fuck several hours after getting acrylics but the pain is gone the next day.

happyheart15
Informer
Informer

Post by happyheart15 »

Thanks everyone.

Return to “Nail Care”