Unpopular Opinions Part 7

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Unpopular Opinions Part 7

Post by Layla0606 »

idontknow wrote:My unpopular opinion is that some people go way too far on this website. I go on here to discuss YouTubers without getting attacked by the minions, not to personally bash their appearances and say absolutely awful or incredibly immature things about them. There are some people on here that make comments towards people like they're five-years-old, "crusty toella" being the first thing that comes to mind, or saying people are massively obese and look pregnant when they're seriously not even that overweight at all. It's just mindless bashing for the sake of bashing. I feel like so many people have pent up aggression and they come on this site to take it out on the YouTubers and then it's completely off-track from their actual content. I'm all for fun gossiping, but when it turns into malicious for absolutely no reason, I can't help but roll my eyes. It comes off as such petty high school crap. I get that a lot of it is in good fun, but so much of it is uncalled for and just straight up childish.

oh hell yes, someone once said on here that bethany mota's teeth were HORRIBLE before she got braces/veneers/whatever. she even claimed to be an orthodontist :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by RoseHammer »

Pastel Rage wrote:Beyonce is very talented and all, but she doesn't need to win every single award.
I'm getting sick of all the bandwagoning in general, most people seem to be just parroting how amazing she is just for existing. Also the pregnancy photoshoot was tacky as hell.
I like her and some of her music, but her fans are the worst.

I don't think pizza is that great. Most pizza is just cheap, greasy and salty. I feel sick after I eat it, and gain weight as well. I follow a lot of bodybuilding pages on instagram and the pizza memes are getting out of control. IT'S EMPTY CALORIES AND FATTY AS HECK. IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU OMG.

Post by Guest »

RoseHammer wrote:
Pastel Rage wrote:Beyonce is very talented and all, but she doesn't need to win every single award.
I'm getting sick of all the bandwagoning in general, most people seem to be just parroting how amazing she is just for existing. Also the pregnancy photoshoot was tacky as hell.

I don't think pizza is that great. Most pizza is just cheap, greasy and salty. I feel sick after I eat it, and gain weight as well. I follow a lot of bodybuilding pages on instagram and the pizza memes are getting out of control. IT'S EMPTY CALORIES AND FATTY AS HECK. IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU OMG.
I actually agree with you. The only pizza I really like is Neapolitan style, with fresh tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings. It's much lighter than normal and tastes really fresh, probably a little healthier too. Other pizza just makes me feel fat and greasy lol.

Post by Guest »

AnnaWintour wrote:
RoseHammer wrote:

I actually agree with you. The only pizza I really like is Neapolitan style, with fresh tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings. It's much lighter than normal and tastes really fresh, probably a little healthier too. Other pizza just makes me feel fat and greasy lol.

Yeah greasy pizza, or just overly greasy food in general, is nasty!

Post by Guest »

Single Ladies is a really annoying song.

Post by Guest »

Kim Kardashian really isn't THAT pretty. I mean, she's an average pretty girl but not drop dead gorg or anything. If it wasn't for her massive ass no one would give two shits about her.

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

The floor is lava is one of the stupidest and most obnoxious trends yet. I hate it. And I hate how the person behind the camera is always forcefully laughing while counting down, the person trying to get off the floor always looks "annoyed" even though they fully knew it was planned, and how they ruin displays/push people/whatever while trying to get off of the floor. I'm all for fun and a good time, but I feel like any time there's something remotely "funny", everyone just overdoes it until no one ever wants to see it ever again. People today are the joke version of someone replaying the same song over and over and over again until you hate it.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

I am 100% over Marvel movies, and I generally can't wait for the superhero hype to die down for good.

Stacie Anne
Debater
Debater

Post by Stacie Anne »

AnnaWintour wrote:I know it's technically "better" to wash your hair less often but I can't help but think how gross it is :? Like especially if you work out, how can you go days without washing your hair? Dry shampoo doesn't actually clean your hair, it just soaks up all the oil until it builds up and builds up... ew. I can't go longer than 2 days without washing my hair.
I was my hair once every 1-2 weeks & don't use dry shampoo :P I don't work out though, so I don't sweat all that much! My hair just doesn't get greasy all that fast.

Unpopular opinion:
Tobey Maguire was the better Peter Parker, but Andrew Garfield was the much, much better Spider-man.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

Agreed, Stacie Anne. I still stand by Garfield as a pretty good Spider-Man. I don't think he was ever the problem.

Also, sort of related to my last one: the Wonder Woman movie was average as fuck.
Just because a woman made it and it was about a female superhero, it wasn't groundbreaking or amazing (@people on tumblr :roll: ). I enjoyed it just fine but it was loaded with clichés and the ending was an absolute JOKE.

Post by Guest »

Traveling is really overrated. Most of the time, I've found it to be pretty underwhelming. It was cool to see but not something that I couldn't live without doing in my life. I went to the Grand Canyon recently and it was one of the most pointless things ever. Seeing it in person was cool for the first five minutes...

International travel in particular is just too stressful and tiring. There are lovely beaches four hours away, I really don't feel the need to take a 12 hour flight to Bali just to sit on a beach there too. I like getting away for the long weekend or whatever, maybe taking a short flight to a neighboring state to see different cities, but other than that... no. The idea of traveling the world for an entire year or backpacking for months on end does not appeal to me in the least. I see all these travel/wanderlust bloggers and Youtubers and I just don't understand it.

Of course, tell anyone you don't like to travel and their eyes will almost pop of their heads in disbelief, and you automatically become the most dull and uncultured person in existence ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheFosterKid
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheFosterKid »

AnnaWintour wrote:Traveling is really overrated. Most of the time, I've found it to be pretty underwhelming. It was cool to see but not something that I couldn't live without doing in my life. I went to the Grand Canyon recently and it was one of the most pointless things ever. Seeing it in person was cool for the first five minutes...

International travel in particular is just too stressful and tiring. There are lovely beaches four hours away, I really don't feel the need to take a 12 hour flight to Bali just to sit on a beach there too. I like getting away for the long weekend or whatever, maybe taking a short flight to a neighboring state to see different cities, but other than that... no. The idea of traveling the world for an entire year or backpacking for months on end does not appeal to me in the least. I see all these travel/wanderlust bloggers and Youtubers and I just don't understand it.

Of course, tell anyone you don't like to travel and their eyes will almost pop of their heads in disbelief, and you automatically become the most dull and uncultured person in existence ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is truly an unpopular opinion. :o I haven't traveled yet and of course, I still want to try it to figure out if I like it myself. But I have always been "meh" about seeing certain great wonders if they do not have any historical significance (I really like imagining the past when I'm in a historical place). But I completely agree with you about the beach thing. Once you've gone to one nice one, haven't you gone to all?

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Zendaya isn't that great. I swear on every social media platform, all I see is "ZENDAYA IS SOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!" "ZENDAYA CAN ROCK ANYTHING!!!"

Yeah, she's a pretty girl, but she isn't as drop dead gorgeous as everyone makes her out to be.

Wombie
Learner
Learner

Post by Wombie »

AnnaWintour wrote:Traveling is really overrated. Most of the time, I've found it to be pretty underwhelming. It was cool to see but not something that I couldn't live without doing in my life. I went to the Grand Canyon recently and it was one of the most pointless things ever. Seeing it in person was cool for the first five minutes...

I think the key to travel is doing stuff you picked and you really want to do. Not the hyped up vacation stuff that people tell you. There's such variety. You don't have to stare into the Grand Canyon and be amazed just because someone told you that you must see it. A huge part of travelling is also experiencing other cultures, not just sitting on a resort beach that may as well be its own country away from where you are visiting. I see where you're coming from, though.

Backpacking / roughing it sounds awful to me, though. The two times I have gone camping in my life I have gotten ticks and I am extremely allergic to tick and other insect bites.

Fire in Her Eyes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fire in Her Eyes »

TheFosterKid wrote:

This is truly an unpopular opinion. :o I haven't traveled yet and of course, I still want to try it to figure out if I like it myself. But I have always been "meh" about seeing certain great wonders if they do not have any historical significance (I really like imagining the past when I'm in a historical place). But I completely agree with you about the beach thing. Once you've gone to one nice one, haven't you gone to all?
My family is a big international traveling retinue other than for my stoodgy grandfather, has been to every continent except Antarctica. The best way to travel is to either rent a flat/apartment/home or stay in some little town and basically act like you live there for a few weeks to several months. That's what we did on our last trip to London and Paris several years ago. It's fun to watch people, talk, cook local food, basically just chill and live like a normal person. It's strange because you tend to forget really quickly you're in a foreign country and it just becomes another place. It was my first time in Europe and even in Paris, I was surprised at how we just blended in and how easy it can be to pick up local customs.

My grandmother and I used to take long walks along the Seine or the Thames, peek in people's yards, talk to the mailman, get a coffee or tea, just normal things. I don't think we ever once saw Big Ben or spent a lot of time near the Eiffel Tower. It was really fun because you get to see how people live, and I think it takes the intimidation/cultural barrier down for a lot of Americans when you just take it natural and slow and don't try to out thrill seeking or anything. I loved seeing how people dress, watching people shop, all those little things we tend to forget in our daily lives but really help us to connect to others. But that's what I love about going abroad! :tu: <3

_iva19_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by _iva19_ »

I absolutely DESPISE the "poetry" book popular amongst YouTubers and tumblr users called "Milk and Honey" by Rupi Kaur. As a passionate English Literature student I find it completely basic, been there read that. It lacks substance and covers overdone subjects. I find it hilarious that some people have read this type of "poetry" and think they have mastered the subject when there are much better, much more inspiring and touching works of poetry that not a single person who shares a large platform cares to mention. I'm usually neutral toward literature I don't like, I rarely go out of my way to criticise it, but this one irks me immensely.

Post by Guest »

Those "exposed" or gossip Youtube channels are so stupid. Bitch you're not Wendy Williams, just stop.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

For real! She's awfully overrated.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

tigh high boots are TRASH looking. on any one with any outfit, any given day :roll:

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

IT was boring and generic, and I can't wait for people to shut up about it.
And I feel the exact same way about the Wonder Woman movie. Stop giving things extra credit.

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”