Unpopular Opinions Part 7

Heyitsgoof123
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unpopular Opinions Part 7

Post by Heyitsgoof123 »

Those Gucci sneakers that EVERY SINGLE BASIC BLOGGER are wearing are ugly and scream; "I'm desperate to be a part of a trend, that I can just about afford, because Gucci created something for us peasants" :rofl:

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

I think Gucci clothing is beautiful and super creative, however Youtubers have ruined the brand. They don't even wear the super nice stuff, they just wear the basic t-shirts and jumpers and think they are automatically style icons.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

I don't want to double post here, but I have to get something off my chest:

Star Wars has been driven into the ground and the last good movie in the series was in 1983. The original three work as good adventure movies and THATS IT. Star Wars should not have a massive expansive universe because there is not that much material to work with in the first place. These new movies are just revisting the plots from the originals and nothing fresh is being added to the franchise. It's just a cloaked villian with a super weapon trying to take over the galaxy while a ragtag group of rebels fight against it. It's the same shit every time. Also, Daisy Ridley is a bad actress.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

fake black hair (I mean dyed) looks horrendous on every and anyone with pale skin.

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Layla0606 »

about perfumes: flowerbomb (victor and rolf) is absolutely nothing special, and black opium (YSL) is one of the most bothering and worst smelling perfumes i've ever smelled

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Layla0606 wrote:fake black hair (I mean dyed) looks horrendous on every and anyone with pale skin.

Agreed, so much. I'm porcelain and when I was ages 16-18 I dyed my hair jet black because I thought I looked so good. Looking back in old photos, I look like a vampire! It washed me out terribly :x

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoralCat »

I don't agree with self ID and don't think it should be introduced as a law in England, I also think some TRAs go too far and hurt their own agenda, turning people away from supporting the transgender people that just want to get on with their life in peace

princezuko
Informer
Informer

Post by princezuko »

The thread names for many gurus/personalities are cringe-y, tryhard, and are trying to be clever but they require so much mental gymnastics to even understand the gist. Some thread names are genuinely clever, but they're few and far between. I don't get the fascination with shit thread titles.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

princezuko wrote:The thread names for many gurus/personalities are cringe-y, tryhard, and are trying to be clever but they require so much mental gymnastics to even understand the gist. Some thread names are genuinely clever, but they're few and far between. I don't get the fascination with shit thread titles.

Every thread title is *First Name* "Something they do that is annoying in quotations" *Last Name* it's so repeatitive.

Post by Guest »

Most peoples instagram feeds are so boring because they are so staged and I can't seriously understand why they have so many followers...
I remember when this one girl got famous for editing the captions of old pictures and talking about the reality of taking them and all I could think was "Why would anybody be interested in those pictures in the first place?"

Post by Guest »

Crystals are stupid.

Post by Guest »

Minimalism is overrated and it only works for people who are at least middle class/wealthy.

Post by Guest »

I find the new trend/obsession with Rupi Kaur to be so hilariously dumb.

Yes, my period is exquisite and my vagina is a strawberry. ~feminism~

Fire in Her Eyes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fire in Her Eyes »

Gun violence isn’t a ‘mental health issue’. Personally, I think it is a sign of entitlement from young men who think the world owes them something. They’re raised to believe that the best way to deal with rejection and difficulty is by murdering innocent people. They’re unable to realize that everyone experiences these things, and it isn’t something worth killing other human beings over. It is terrorism and is no different than what is happening in Europe.

The media is afraid to admit it is terrorism because it would ‘spoil’ our image to other countries - even though no one else really buys into it other than US citizens. I’ve tried to look at it from different angles and none make much sense. Why is it ‘mental illness’ when a young, middle class white teenage boy picks up a gun, but anybody else is obviously a criminal and they get shot 30 times only to discover they were not armed? Why aren’t the police as vicious when these school shooters are caught??? Why?

We can throw immigrants out of the country and justify shooting random black men, or any of the other stupid things that happen every day in the States. Fundamentalist folk get angry with a woman for aborting her child, but are mum on children and young adults having access to guns, going into school, and blowing holes through their peers because X didn’t go out with them, they didn’t get enough attention, blah blah blah. But of course, talking about this openly means you’re ‘unpatriotic’ and don’t ‘love America’. No, honestly, I don’t love America as must I value my life and that of other humans. I don’t give a crap about your ‘amendment rights’ (which really has nothing to do with recklessly and irresponsibly owning weapons) or any other BS people preach these days. There is absolutely no reason why a normal citizen needs more than one to two guns, especially assault weapons. Handguns, and other things which can be used for protection, absolutely! I know it won’t stop black market sales or anything similar, but at least we can try? We’re supposed to be a ‘Christian’ nation but we got a lot of blood on our hands.

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

Fire in Her Eyes wrote:Gun violence isn’t a ‘mental health issue’. Personally, I think it is a sign of entitlement from young men who think the world owes them something. They’re raised to believe that the best way to deal with rejection and difficulty is by murdering innocent people. They’re unable to realize that everyone experiences these things, and it isn’t something worth killing other human beings over. It is terrorism and is no different than what is happening in Europe.

The media is afraid to admit it is terrorism because it would ‘spoil’ our image to other countries - even though no one else really buys into it other than US citizens. I’ve tried to look at it from different angles and none make much sense. Why is it ‘mental illness’ when a young, middle class white teenage boy picks up a gun, but anybody else is obviously a criminal and they get shot 30 times only to discover they were not armed? Why aren’t the police as vicious when these school shooters are caught??? Why?

We can throw immigrants out of the country and justify shooting random black men, or any of the other stupid things that happen every day in the States. Fundamentalist folk get angry with a woman for aborting her child, but are mum on children and young adults having access to guns, going into school, and blowing holes through their peers because X didn’t go out with them, they didn’t get enough attention, blah blah blah. But of course, talking about this openly means you’re ‘unpatriotic’ and don’t ‘love America’. No, honestly, I don’t love America as must I value my life and that of other humans. I don’t give a crap about your ‘amendment rights’ (which really has nothing to do with recklessly and irresponsibly owning weapons) or any other BS people preach these days. There is absolutely no reason why a normal citizen needs more than one to two guns, especially assault weapons. Handguns, and other things which can be used for protection, absolutely! I know it won’t stop black market sales or anything similar, but at least we can try? We’re supposed to be a ‘Christian’ nation but we got a lot of blood on our hands.
I know this isn't a debate thread, but I completely disagree. I actually don't think this is a very unpopular opinion among the GG demographic anyway.

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoralCat »

I think so many posters on this site are naive, someone turns up on a thread claiming to know the person/people discussed, usually from something vague and unprovable like "my company were involved with them"and everyone floods over to them asking questions and actually believing answers.

I_only_envy_cats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by I_only_envy_cats »

AnnaWintour wrote:I find the new trend/obsession with Rupi Kaur to be so hilariously dumb.

Yes, my period is exquisite and my vagina is a strawberry. ~feminism~
I blame the widespread delusional attitude that you're good at writing novels/poetry on her book. It's not just the "trendy" topics it touches on, it's just...badly written?

Post by Guest »

Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton really are pretty average looking. If they weren't royalty, I doubt anyone would really look twice at them.

Bacon is disgusting and the smell makes me feel like throwing up.

I have zero interest in about 98% of tv shows today. All the plots are boring and they're always way too drawn out.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

AnnaWintour wrote:Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton really are pretty average looking. If they weren't royalty, I doubt anyone would really look twice at them.

Bacon is disgusting and the smell makes me feel like throwing up.

I have zero interest in about 98% of tv shows today. All the plots are boring and they're always way too drawn out.

Agreed. I'm a vegetarian, but even before I was, I wouldn't be able to go downstairs when my family would be cooking bacon in the morning for breakfast, the smell made me gag.

Post by Guest »

Disney World and Disney Land are so overrated. I'm sorry but... I'm 25 years old, there are many other things I'd prefer to spend my time and money on. It's insanely overpriced and for what, to spend an hour standing in line (in the 100+ degree heat) for a ride that lasts a total of 5 minutes? That's ridiculously stupid. Not to mention it's usually packed of screaming children as well. I know they have other stuff (shops, drinks, restaurants, etc) but regardless, I find the whole obsession and craze with visiting Disney so dumb.

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”