Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 5

javiplus
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 5

Post by javiplus »

I also think it’s crazy that he doesn’t do the most basic shit to help grow his channel like featuring other YouTubers or linking related videos of his to keep people on his channel. This is something the Trackers do that might be annoying to some but in actuality is really smart because it keeps people watching you! Michael could have linked all his monorail food videos the other day but instead made us watch him read menus. When he ate lunch next to Tim Tracker he should have put that in his video description so his video shows up when people search Tim Tracker. This is not rocket science! He was willing to upload a video every single day for the algorithm but never did anything else that could actually help even more that takes a fraction of the time/effort.

This is not really the point but I also think it’s hilarious that he never mentioned Dave’s channel on his videos.

SoMagical
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by SoMagical »

javiplus wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:15 pm
I also think it’s crazy that he doesn’t do the most basic shit to help grow his channel like featuring other YouTubers or linking related videos of his to keep people on his channel. This is something the Trackers do that might be annoying to some but in actuality is really smart because it keeps people watching you! Michael could have linked all his monorail food videos the other day but instead made us watch him read menus. When he ate lunch next to Tim Tracker he should have put that in his video description so his video shows up when people search Tim Tracker. This is not rocket science! He was willing to upload a video every single day for the algorithm but never did anything else that could actually help even more that takes a fraction of the time/effort.

This is not really the point but I also think it’s hilarious that he never mentioned Dave’s channel on his videos.
This 1000%! I think Michael doesn’t want to link other YouTubers or put any spotlight on anyone else because it will take the focus off him (even if it is his own brother lol). He just seems too full of himself to support anyone else, which is why 99% of his thumbnails feature his face. Plus we’ve seen how much his face is front and center in his videos. I think he believes his face/voice/personality is enough to make his channel go far and he needs to wake up. :roll:

Bunnm09
Learner
Learner

Post by Bunnm09 »

javiplus wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Yes this 100%!. Look at PMM and Jackie. They are helping each other grow and they are both growing much faster than MK at this point. Michael has never been the type to do a group vlog with the other vloggers and it really makes no sense. Even when they go on drinking around the world/monorail/etc trips together he can certainly tag along and try the mocktails and the treats offered at each location. But he'd never want to be associated with that terrible activity called drinking alcohol. So he's just become stale and out of ideas so he's switched up his style to this boring voiceover nonsense that will just hurt his channel even more

Claude4
Informer
Informer

Post by Claude4 »

Dave’s video today is must see. It’s an unbelievable ramble where he talks about being a super hero and a motivational speaker. Here is my troll post.

Joan Mitchell

I hope you are ok. The super hero part worries me a little. Don’t take this the wrong way, I am a mental healthcare professional and covid has caused many problems for people. Don’t be afraid to talk to someone

Claude4
Informer
Informer

Post by Claude4 »

It’s deleted. Fun while it lasted.

Claude4
Informer
Informer

Post by Claude4 »

One more from alt account because he hurt my feelings😁

Princess Pie

Google hypo mania

MirroredSunglasses
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MirroredSunglasses »

Watching Michael's Hollywood Studios video today made me realize what he's doing, and it's such a service. He's narrating what he's seeing in such minute detail for his blind viewers! It allows them to visualize how the 'Christmas bulbs' look in the water, or how the silver tinsel sparkles like Hollywood. So touching that he's thinking of every single one of his viewers! /s

(Yes, that is sarcasm, but it was truly the only explanation I can think of for how obvious MK's explanations of what he sees are. There's no need to describe the scenery in such detail because you're shooting it with a camera MK! I can see it! Unless, of course, he's doing so for blind viewers.)

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

"It's the moment you've been waiting for...it's the job update."

No, Dave. No one has been waiting for this.

And he appreciates his viewers -

Standing with me
Looking out for me?

Huh? :?

A brief recap of the all-too-long 10-min vlog -

---What's most exciting is that he's going to have the opportunity to work remotely for the looooong {his emphasis} term.  

---Isn't that amazing?" [cue scary face that may or may not equal serial killer]

---But isn't that what he did here in Orlando? Remote work?

---Then he rambles and repeats the SAME. EXACT. THING. 

---He also wants to travel more while he has this job. Because I'm sure he's going to magically have the time to do all that.

---Says he wants to do 12 months in 12 different states. Then immediately after that says he's not sure he wants to do that much travel.

---Then he rambles that he came to Austin to look for work opportunities and found a remote opportunity. So... couldn't he have found that remote opportunity - since he wants remote so bad - while still in Orlando?

---Then he rambles back to the "12 months in different in cities / states" idea and changes it to maybe he'll spend 3 months in a city for a "longer term" (must be a new crutch word set) travel adventure.  A "mini getaway for that year."   ?!?!?

---Then rambles about the "health climate" ?!?!?!?

---He also makes numerous crazy facial tics, unnecessary over the top facial expressions, big shrugs, eye darts back and forth...eyes looking at the ceiling (?!?!)   

---Then he rambles about driving adventures. Mon-Fri work schedule 9-6. Needs to drive on weekends. Maybe do this. Maybe do that.

~ Ramble. Ramble. Ramble. ~

---Then rambles about positivity, health, food, travel...all the things he wants to show in his videos.

---He also wanted to always make inspiring films - ones that inspire "awe" - high production-type things... He always wanted to be a super hero?

---Then he does a summary where he counts off everything he's talked about with his fingers...

---It's like nothing he says even closely resembles a coherent thought.

----And his bloopers at the end aren't bloopers in the typical sense (i.e. to make you laugh). They're just him getting a word wrong or staring abruptly at the camera.

That whole vlog was equal parts weird and sad. :(

Century20
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Century20 »

Disillusion Dave Kay also said that one of these days he will be in a Marvel movie. Yes, I am sure he will be getting a call any day now.

jn95
Learner
Learner

Post by jn95 »

AntiWDWVlogger wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:43 am
"It's the moment you've been waiting for...it's the job update."

No, Dave. No one has been waiting for this.

And he appreciates his viewers -

Standing with me
Looking out for me?

Huh? :?

A brief recap of the all-too-long 10-min vlog -

---What's most exciting is that he's going to have the opportunity to work remotely for the looooong {his emphasis} term.  

---Isn't that amazing?" [cue scary face that may or may not equal serial killer]

---But isn't that what he did here in Orlando? Remote work?

---Then he rambles and repeats the SAME. EXACT. THING. 

---He also wants to travel more while he has this job. Because I'm sure he's going to magically have the time to do all that.

---Says he wants to do 12 months in 12 different states. Then immediately after that says he's not sure he wants to do that much travel.

---Then he rambles that he came to Austin to look for work opportunities and found a remote opportunity. So... couldn't he have found that remote opportunity - since he wants remote so bad - while still in Orlando?

---Then he rambles back to the "12 months in different in cities / states" idea and changes it to maybe he'll spend 3 months in a city for a "longer term" (must be a new crutch word set) travel adventure.  A "mini getaway for that year."   ?!?!?

---Then rambles about the "health climate" ?!?!?!?

---He also makes numerous crazy facial tics, unnecessary over the top facial expressions, big shrugs, eye darts back and forth...eyes looking at the ceiling (?!?!)   

---Then he rambles about driving adventures. Mon-Fri work schedule 9-6. Needs to drive on weekends. Maybe do this. Maybe do that.

~ Ramble. Ramble. Ramble. ~

---Then rambles about positivity, health, food, travel...all the things he wants to show in his videos.

---He also wanted to always make inspiring films - ones that inspire "awe" - high production-type things... He always wanted to be a super hero?

---Then he does a summary where he counts off everything he's talked about with his fingers...

---It's like nothing he says even closely resembles a coherent thought.

----And his bloopers at the end aren't bloopers in the typical sense (i.e. to make you laugh). They're just him getting a word wrong or staring abruptly at the camera.

That whole vlog was equal parts weird and sad. :(
WOW talk about not having a vision or a directive - not just in his YT channel but his life.

Side note - did you see today that MK mentioned that the sweet treat he was eating was not as good as a Marie Callender's frozen pumpkin pie?!
So something fresh made daily is not as good as something from the frozen food section.

*insert Dave's weird, confused face here* <---- Don't act like you don't know the one I'm talking about here, people! :rofl:

Canuck72
Informer
Informer

Post by Canuck72 »

Here is a thought. With the over saturation of vloggers at WDW and with many of them collaborating to increase viewerships and subs, now is the time for Mike to do something completely different. Now is when he should book a flight to Japan and do Tokyo DL and Disney Seas. He was the cash obviously if he is able to buy a $1,200 + camera and drone from his Patreon funds. That would be ENTIRELY different from everyone else and give him a bump in views and subs globally. Plus, he could put the best sushi search finally to rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

Dave was telling us about his interests and how he might focus his channel on them, including investing. :rofl:

jn95
Learner
Learner

Post by jn95 »

Canuck72 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:09 am
Here is a thought. With the over saturation of vloggers at WDW and with many of them collaborating to increase viewerships and subs, now is the time for Mike to do something completely different. Now is when he should book a flight to Japan and do Tokyo DL and Disney Seas. He was the cash Image obviously if he is able to buy a $1,200 + camera and drone from his Patreon funds. That would be ENTIRELY different from everyone else and give him a bump in views and subs globally. Plus, he could put the best sushi search finally to rest Image

But would he go out of his way for that particular sushi is the true question here

WarriorPrincess
Learner
Learner

Post by WarriorPrincess »

Today Paging Mr. Morrow posted his GKTW “Night of (3.2) Million Lights” event video. A lot of WDW vloggers (shout out to Super Enthused!) were there, allegedly Michael too.

MKay hasn’t posted his GKTW event video yet.
Though PMM’s GKTW event video content and shooting style blows MKay’s promotional video totally out of the water!!

Canuck72
Informer
Informer

Post by Canuck72 »

jn95 wrote:
Canuck72 wrote:
Here is a thought. With the over saturation of vloggers at WDW and with many of them collaborating to increase viewerships and subs, now is the time for Mike to do something completely different. Now is when he should book a flight to Japan and do Tokyo DL and Disney Seas. He was the cash Image obviously if he is able to buy a $1,200 + camera and drone from his Patreon funds. That would be ENTIRELY different from everyone else and give him a bump in views and subs globally. Plus, he could put the best sushi search finally to rest Image

But would he go out of his way for that particular sushi is the true question here
If he wants higher subs and views he just may have to!

Jen and Tim went to Tokyo in May 2018 and saw a 10k sub spike immediately after as well as almost 2M more view average as per Socialblade. PCD saw a similar, although smaller spike, from his visit in August 2019. He needs to set himself apart from the rest of the gang in Orlando.

54adnoRh
Learner
Learner

Post by 54adnoRh »

Dave's new vlog sounds exhausting... I stopped watching that nut job weeks ago. Between the burger reviews, facial expressions and rambling..I couldn't take it anymore.

54adnoRh
Learner
Learner

Post by 54adnoRh »

Canuck72 wrote:

Knowing Michael, he would probably say that the sushi in Japan or Tokyo is not the best he's ever had and wouldn't go out of his way for it and the sushi at Splitsville is better :rofl:

SoMagical
Learner
Learner

Post by SoMagical »

MirroredSunglasses wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:41 am
Watching Michael's Hollywood Studios video today made me realize what he's doing, and it's such a service. He's narrating what he's seeing in such minute detail for his blind viewers! It allows them to visualize how the 'Christmas bulbs' look in the water, or how the silver tinsel sparkles like Hollywood. So touching that he's thinking of every single one of his viewers! /s

(Yes, that is sarcasm, but it was truly the only explanation I can think of for how obvious MK's explanations of what he sees are. There's no need to describe the scenery in such detail because you're shooting it with a camera MK! I can see it! Unless, of course, he's doing so for blind viewers.)
I was thinking the same thing! He must just love to hear the sound of his own voice cause he just does NOT stop talking! He literally describes something that’s right before our eyes and won’t shut up. It was sooo annoying!

His food descriptions today were just beyond words. He describes his frozen hot chocolate as “intense chocolate milk” and his pumpkin cheesecake as “smooth is the best way to describe it.” He literally should not be allowed to review food. :lol:

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

54adnoRh wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:49 pm
Dave's new vlog sounds exhausting... I stopped watching that nut job weeks ago. Between the burger reviews, facial expressions and rambling..I couldn't take it anymore.
Michael and Dave are taking away my will to live. I think they are foreign agents bent on undermining the United States.

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

I've made a decision. I've decided to cut back on my raging to one detailed criticism a week. I hope by doing this I can improve the quality of my rants.

Return to “Michael Kay”