Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 5

54adnoRh
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michael Kay (Disney YouTuber) - Part 5

Post by 54adnoRh »

These MK/DK vlogs are boring AF. I can't even watch a whole vlog anymore. MK is just doing the same thing over and over. It's so boring. Oh my goodness. I am fast forwarding through them.

Department Of State
Informer
Informer

Post by Department Of State »

I want to see Super Enthused, Paging Mr Morrow, and maybe even the awful WDW Couple meet up and invite Michael for drinks. He doesn’t need to drink himself, but he can enjoy the social atmosphere and go crazy with a sprite with some grenadine in it without pointing out to the viewers multiple times that he’s not drinking. He can have a vlog more about the friends and socializing than just about the Coca Cola brands beverages and more burgers. Dude just needs to remember what it’s like to actually have a little fun and get some new content going... plus I’d like to see the different channels’ perspectives of that interaction too

philminion7
Lurker
Lurker

Post by philminion7 »

T-Rexx wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:19 am
TikiMeerkat wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:58 am
Imagine how bored he must be. The parks are phoning it in plus he’s limited as to how often he can go there, and the rest of the time he lives alone in a big house. He can’t even plan any “future adventures” and he’s very limited on what he can deliver to his Patreon stans. Literally what does he do all day?
Fapping? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but maybe another interest would be healthy.
MK has to be shooting blanks at this point. Especially if the leaked Tinder convos are any indication. He is dryer than stale bread. :FU:

TheSquealer
Learner
Learner

Post by TheSquealer »

Are we going to overlook when Magic Mike is in voice over mode he doesn't squeal, struggle for breaths and a host of other inauthentic vocalizations when he is doing his more typical blog? This new style is a angle he is hoping to deliver other than the You Tube crowd. Dude is inauthentic as a three dollar bill. If this video came on in my room I'd turn it off or mute the sound.

TheSquealer
Learner
Learner

Post by TheSquealer »

philminion7 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:04 pm
T-Rexx wrote:
TikiMeerkat wrote:
Imagine how bored he must be. The parks are phoning it in plus he’s limited as to how often he can go there, and the rest of the time he lives alone in a big house. He can’t even plan any “future adventures” and he’s very limited on what he can deliver to his Patreon stans. Literally what does he do all day?
Fapping? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but maybe another interest would be healthy.
MK has to be shooting blanks at this point. Especially if the leaked Tinder convos are any indication. He is dryer than stale bread. :FU:

So cruel to tease us with "leaked Tinder convos" and not share where one can find them.

T-Rexx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by T-Rexx »

Michael didn't know what to call the "soap dispensary" in the Grand Floridian. The "soap store" does the job for me.

Michael suggested that you can make your own package of soaps with different "flavors." Michael eats soap?

Michael recommends the Italian Sandwich at Gasparilla Grill. Michael thinks you should leave Magic Kingdom to have a sandwich. At the end of the video Michael suggests that his advice is aimed at people who have been to Magic Kingdom 5-10 times -- like someone who has been to MK 5-10 times 1) doesn't know about GF and 2) wants advice from someone who touts a sandwich at the resort which has Victoria and Alberts.

philminion7
Lurker
Lurker

Post by philminion7 »

TheSquealer wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:10 pm
philminion7 wrote:
T-Rexx wrote:
TikiMeerkat wrote:

So cruel to tease us with "leaked Tinder convos" and not share where one can find them.

TheSquealer
Learner
Learner

Post by TheSquealer »

philminion7 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:31 pm
TheSquealer wrote:
philminion7 wrote:
T-Rexx wrote:
TikiMeerkat wrote:

That is Twitter, I thought the original post said Tinder. I am not going to knock a guy for voting. However I suspect Mr. Mike doesn't really care for tacos or sausage....so the Tinder messages interest me 😂😂🤷‍♂️

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

I'm not going to knock someone's vote either because it can just as soon be knocked back the other way.

I'm apolitical myself and stay out of politics, but we have two parties here in the U.S. and there's gonna be those that don't agree with who you voted for and that's just the way it is. Otherwise, we have monolithic - and potentially dangerous - thought, and not a constitutional republic. One vote does not make a person - whether they vote for a D or an R (I'm an I, myself).

That being said - I'm interested in the Tinder stuff too!!! We need to see it!!! :D

Canuck72
Informer
Informer

Post by Canuck72 »

TheSquealer wrote:
philminion7 wrote:
TheSquealer wrote:
philminion7 wrote:
T-Rexx wrote:

That is Twitter, I thought the original post said Tinder. I am not going to knock a guy for voting. However I suspect Mr. Mike doesn't really care for tacos or sausage....so the Tinder messages interest me ImageImageImage
Mike is the type of guy that had a curious fascination with Bugs Bunny dressed as a girl, but he did not know why. Image

After reading some insight from costume cast members I can now see some of the fear and loathing in the eyes of Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, etc when Mike tries to engage in “banter” while at a Meet and Greet. The cringe is so high on what is IN the vlog that I can’t even imagine what was left OUT. At least the ones in the full cartoon character costumes have their face hidden...I feel so sorry for these young women who need to listen and react positively Mike and his fantasies about their day Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Department Of State
Informer
Informer

TheSquealer wrote:
philminion7 wrote:
TheSquealer wrote:
philminion7 wrote:
T-Rexx wrote:

That is Twitter, I thought the original post said Tinder. I am not going to knock a guy for voting. However I suspect Mr. Mike doesn't really care for tacos or sausage....so the Tinder messages interest me ImageImageImage

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

Oh, that stuff? That's been shown on this board before quite awhile ago when I was still lurking. I'm about 99.9999% positive I've seen that before on here because I remember thinking it was rather vague. If he had harassed her "a few times" and others to the point of "being uncomfortable," I would have expected her to elaborate on THAT rather than the innocuous (though yes, creepy) "you must be fan" comment. LOL

Notmyname35
Talker
Talker

Post by Notmyname35 »

Welp, it happened....PMM has officially passed Michael in subs and according to projections on socialblade Super Enthused will pass him by July....this is another chance to be an eye opener for Michael but he will probably stubbornly continue down this boring path

Department Of State
Informer
Informer

Notmyname35 wrote:Welp, it happened....PMM has officially passed Michael in subs and according to projections on socialblade Super Enthused will pass him by July....this is another chance to be an eye opener for Michael but he will probably stubbornly continue down this boring path
Psychopath Dave Kay has had the same amount of subs since what, May? And even that was a small increase from where he was at this time last year... And he’s still doing this? What is it that they say about people who do the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

SammiH
Learner
Learner

Post by SammiH »

It occurred to me yesterday when I watched the GF vlog, I think I know what he's doing. He is using these videos to be examples of his work. I think he may be trying to get a job in video production or video editing, not just at Disney, but anywhere else like as a real job. I think these new style vlogs are him building a portfolio. Just a theory. I bet he is trying to get hired places in the video production field.

WarriorPrincess
Learner
Learner

Post by WarriorPrincess »

Department Of State wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:27 am
I want to see Super Enthused, Paging Mr Morrow, and maybe even the awful WDW Couple meet up and invite Michael for drinks. He doesn’t need to drink himself, but he can enjoy the social atmosphere and go crazy with a sprite with some grenadine in it without pointing out to the viewers multiple times that he’s not drinking. He can have a vlog more about the friends and socializing than just about the Coca Cola brands beverages and more burgers. Dude just needs to remember what it’s like to actually have a little fun and get some new content going... plus I’d like to see the different channels’ perspectives of that interaction too
That’s a terrible idea! 😠
What do you have against SE, PMM and WDW Couple? They all have lives other than Disney. And enjoy being on WDW property frequently, but not daily.

Michael has one note...being Disney obsessed. And no personality.

Canuck72
Informer
Informer

Post by Canuck72 »

Department Of State wrote:
Notmyname35 wrote:Welp, it happened....PMM has officially passed Michael in subs and according to projections on socialblade Super Enthused will pass him by July....this is another chance to be an eye opener for Michael but he will probably stubbornly continue down this boring path
Psychopath Dave Kay has had the same amount of subs since what, May? And even that was a small increase from where he was at this time last year... And he’s still doing this? What is it that they say about people who do the same thing over and over again expecting different results?
Welcome to the Detroit Lions

Canuck72
Informer
Informer

Post by Canuck72 »

SammiH wrote:It occurred to me yesterday when I watched the GF vlog, I think I know what he's doing. He is using these videos to be examples of his work. I think he may be trying to get a job in video production or video editing, not just at Disney, but anywhere else like as a real job. I think these new style vlogs are him building a portfolio. Just a theory. I bet he is trying to get hired places in the video production field.
This is it, it’s all a video resume and we get to be a part of his job search. I mean, he is not awful, but people actually go to school and work their way through the field. Does he understand anything about the art of the shot, perspective, lighting, colour grading, etc? If that is what he truest wants to do then he needs to stop buying SLRs and get a semi professional shoulder mount camcorder...but then again aren’t those banned on property?

SammiH
Learner
Learner

Post by SammiH »

He's pretty good, but for a portfolio/resume, it's still entry level. There are others doing it better. I mean the inability to describe Basin was rough, but in a real employment situation the copy would be written for him. So, I wish him luck! If this is truly his passion, kudos for following it.

javiplus
Learner
Learner

Post by javiplus »

It’s possible that he’s using this to get work somewhere but I would actually place my bets on him just being burned out on the parks. When he said he was going to do fewer videos I thought this might be his moment where he pivots into something better but now I can’t even watch his videos all the way through. Grand Floridian is by far my favorite WDW resorts and we love watching videos on it and it almost put me to sleep. I turned it off halfway through.

The crazy thing is he already has a good number of subs and Patreon members, he could still make this work without having to move back to Maryland or get a job somewhere else. The problem is he’s devolved into a Disney infomercial for 10 year olds, his excitement feels forced, the actual information is bad or nonexistent and there’s no emotional connection to him anymore.

He has a bunch of people offering him good suggestions and instead of listening he is just throwing random crap at the wall to see what sticks and it feels exhausting.

Return to “Michael Kay”