Ruby Granger

LaurenS932
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ruby Granger

Post by LaurenS932 »

I graduated with a 2:1 and I'm on track to get a distinction on my masters, and I have never studied for 14 hours a day 😂

Post by Guest »

LaurenS932 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:17 am
I graduated with a 2:1 and I'm on track to get a distinction on my masters, and I have never studied for 14 hours a day 😂
As a student I was lucky if I stayed awake for 14 hours aha. At most I did 4 hours at a time, and only when feeling up against a deadline :S I should have applied myself more I guess!

Judymonster
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Judymonster »

Not to be that kind of girl but... I don't call what she does studying... she is just writing essays. She is doing it like she writes fanfiction. And that's the same thing for her other videos: she can read books for 2h and call it studying.

Post by Guest »

Judymonster wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 pm
Not to be that kind of girl but... I don't call what she does studying... she is just writing essays. She is doing it like she writes fanfiction. And that's the same thing for her other videos: she can read books for 2h and call it studying.
True but I feel like 'studying' is just a catch-all term. Like if she has to write an essay or do some reading for uni then that's what she has to do. I would still call that studying. But maybe she shouldn't film it and call it a 'study with me.' I don't get these swm videos anyway. There only useful if it's in real time. Otherwise your just spending 10 minutes of your life watching a sped up video of someone writing.

WatchandWonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WatchandWonder »

She mentioned, in one of her IG pics, that something big is changing, not with YouTube, but something on a more personal level. Any guesses? I wonder if she is learning to drive? She seemed rather impressed with Jade's driving and acted like it was the most amazing acquirement ever. I doubt she is dating, which was one person's guess. Another guess of mine would be that she is going to start wearing makeup, but I'll go more for the learning to drive. Any thoughts?

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Maybe she is cutting her hair?

Post by Guest »

Since it's Ruby, I could imagine it being pretty much anything - from something as minor as going on another weekend trip with her family or getting her ears pierced (they aren't, or are they?) to something as big as her transferring to another uni, changing course or applying for a term abroad.

I would love to see her with a fresh, fringe-less haircut (her face is really pretty IMO), so I think it would be cool if you were right.

emilynxlan
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by emilynxlan »

Plot twist: she’s getting a haircut on a weekend away before doing a term abroad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GetRichFromLies »

Judymonster wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:21 am
I feel like Ruby is kind of following Jade's path: she tries to be also a "youtuber that inspires and motivates people with wise advice" with her videos ("how i got a first in my first term of university", "how i revise", "how i maintain concentration")

This is some boring content because she repeats herself so much and talks a lot about nothing sometimes.
I agree, this trying to come across as a guru when you're a naive teenager is ridiculous in all the study tubers. Ruby has blatantly been offered a book deal on education advice but I'd much prefer to read one by an older person who a.) didn't fail to get in to their first choice uni and b.) has more perspective on a-levels and uni having left ages ago, and can give much more sound advice on managing it all. This is the girl who cried at her first essay grade at uni, puzzled over why she got downgraded for rambling on way over the word count and obviously thinking she was somehow special and had amazing things to say. If she then writes a book (or puts her name to one) about how to write a uni essay it would be nuts.

Her vlogs are my fave content of hers as I'm so fascinated by how someone can emerge as a middle aged spinster directly from childhood. She's been a lonely cardigan-wearing billy no mates since she was born, and just spends what should be her most free years doing the dishes and writing lists about lists. On one hand it's good she's showing introverted people that you don't have to drink and have a wild social life at uni, but christ she's making it look boring. Like she's in an old folks home. I find the attempts to make Exeter campus look special very lame, showing us that one old building, which she probably wanders round wishing she was at Oxford. She's lucky she didn't get in, they have to write an essay a week there, and the fuss she made over her first Exeter one shows she's definitely not Oxford material and would have had a breakdown.

The 14 hour study videos are obviously just to get views - this kind of challenge was popular a couple of years ago. But I agree she's not studying as such, she's not making herself an expert in a field, she's just doing the work she's been set at uni - which at the moment is revising for exams. I also agree that Ruby will probably become an author, and I'm guessing (from her lame storytelling in videos and podcast) not a good one. But she'll use her name to write a series of lame YA books, and then when it dries up go into publishing. It's laughable that she sees herself as lawyer material. I can see that she must look at eve cornwell and think, if you can do it you clown, anyone can, but Ruby is nowhere near as tough, ruthless or sharp minded to be a lawyer, a commercial one anyway.

Post by Guest »

GetRichFromLies wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:27 am
Judymonster wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:21 am
I feel like Ruby is kind of following Jade's path: she tries to be also a "youtuber that inspires and motivates people with wise advice" with her videos ("how i got a first in my first term of university", "how i revise", "how i maintain concentration")

This is some boring content because she repeats herself so much and talks a lot about nothing sometimes.
I agree, this trying to come across as a guru when you're a naive teenager is ridiculous in all the study tubers. Ruby has blatantly been offered a book deal on education advice but I'd much prefer to read one by an older person who a.) didn't fail to get in to their first choice uni and b.) has more perspective on a-levels and uni having left ages ago, and can give much more sound advice on managing it all. This is the girl who cried at her first essay grade at uni, puzzled over why she got downgraded for rambling on way over the word count and obviously thinking she was somehow special and had amazing things to say. If she then writes a book (or puts her name to one) about how to write a uni essay it would be nuts.

Her vlogs are my fave content of hers as I'm so fascinated by how someone can emerge as a middle aged spinster directly from childhood. She's been a lonely cardigan-wearing billy no mates since she was born, and just spends what should be her most free years doing the dishes and writing lists about lists. On one hand it's good she's showing introverted people that you don't have to drink and have a wild social life at uni, but christ she's making it look boring. Like she's in an old folks home. I find the attempts to make Exeter campus look special very lame, showing us that one old building, which she probably wanders round wishing she was at Oxford. She's lucky she didn't get in, they have to write an essay a week there, and the fuss she made over her first Exeter one shows she's definitely not Oxford material and would have had a breakdown.

The 14 hour study videos are obviously just to get views - this kind of challenge was popular a couple of years ago. But I agree she's not studying as such, she's not making herself an expert in a field, she's just doing the work she's been set at uni - which at the moment is revising for exams. I also agree that Ruby will probably become an author, and I'm guessing (from her lame storytelling in videos and podcast) not a good one. But she'll use her name to write a series of lame YA books, and then when it dries up go into publishing. It's laughable that she sees herself as lawyer material. I can see that she must look at eve cornwell and think, if you can do it you clown, anyone can, but Ruby is nowhere near as tough, ruthless or sharp minded to be a lawyer, a commercial one anyway.
I can see Ruby going down the YA novel route.

Return to “Ruby Granger”