Olivia Jailed, Lori Locked-In, & Mossimo Guilt-annulli: Waitlisted to Prison U (Pt. 4)

gigidd
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Olivia Jailed, Lori Locked-In, & Mossimo Guilt-annulli: Waitlisted to Prison U (Pt. 4)

Post by gigidd »

danishgirl177 wrote:I think it’s interesting she posted quite a bit about the George Floyd situation considering her parents are Trump supporters and would most likely be on the opposing side. Part of me actually thinks she might be doing this so she can gain support & come back to YouTube.
Yeah as much as I want to believe the things she posted on her story and retweeted are because she actually cares.... it doesn’t really make sense. She’s never been “aware” of her privilege before and now all of a sudden she is?

danishgirl177
Learner
Learner

Re: Olivia Jailed, Lori Locked-In, & Mossimo Guilt-annulli: Waitlisted to Prison U (Pt. 4)

Post by danishgirl177 »

gigidd wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 11:36 am
danishgirl177 wrote:I think it’s interesting she posted quite a bit about the George Floyd situation considering her parents are Trump supporters and would most likely be on the opposing side. Part of me actually thinks she might be doing this so she can gain support & come back to YouTube.
Yeah as much as I want to believe the things she posted on her story and retweeted are because she actually cares.... it doesn’t really make sense. She’s never been “aware” of her privilege before and now all of a sudden she is?
Yeah. Bella’s posting about it too now. All the be aware of your privilege and be anti racist stuff doesn’t make sense considering her family’s history. Her dad literally said immigrants are taking peoples jobs & her brother followed a students4trump page. I remember gossiplover1999 saying that most people in that LA circle don’t care in real life even though they might post about it on social media.

Pinklime
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Pinklime »

If you believe that Olivia, Bella, or a majority of these influencers/celebrities actually care about what’s happening, then I have a bridge to sell you. They, along with so many of these influencers/celebs are using what’s happening as a way to to re-brand themselves. The sole reason they’re speaking up is because they want good publicity and to make people forgive and forget their misdeeds. It’s all performative with them, but people are eating it up unfortunately.

yellowbowl
Talker
Talker

Post by yellowbowl »

Pinklime wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:13 pm
If you believe that Olivia, Bella, or a majority of these influencers/celebrities actually care about what’s happening, then I have a bridge to sell you. They, along with so many of these influencers/celebs are using what’s happening as a way to to re-brand themselves. The sole reason they’re speaking up is because they want good publicity and to make people forgive and forget their misdeeds. It’s all performative with them, but people are eating it up unfortunately.
Seriously. It's more embarrassing for them to not talk about it even if they disagree. Nobody is going to make that mistake right now.

Pippinghot
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Pippinghot »

She has every intention of coming back. I assume it’ll be after her parents do their time so she can turn over a “new leaf.”
12E2ACBC-EB18-4603-9398-BD92C0095138.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweetnothings1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sweetnothings1 »

Mossimo sentenced to 5 months!! What do we think?

Xoxogabby
Debater
Debater

Post by Xoxogabby »

sweetnothings1 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:48 am
Mossimo sentenced to 5 months!! What do we think?
And Lori with 2! Disappointed but not surprised. They’re a joke. If they try to get out early because of covid they can choke.

nzgirl25
Learner
Learner

Post by nzgirl25 »

I'm also disappointed but not surprised.

horcrux_dr
Talker
Talker

Post by horcrux_dr »

I expected her to come back to youtube after the verdict but she didn't.
And her boyfriend, Jackson Guthy, recently got a DUI!
I wonder if she will come back now...

ariesenergy
Learner
Learner

Post by ariesenergy »

If she wants to come back she literally has to do what the Kardashians (not Kylie) do and just influence people without interacting with their followers. Turn off comments and just post lol.

kitten_mitten
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kitten_mitten »

Anyone watch her red table talk? The discussion kind of went around in a circle and didn’t actually say much, but Olivia looked good in that pink suit and came off well enough.

skeppi
Talker
Talker

Post by skeppi »

I guess they sold their house
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pugzjen
Informer
Informer

Post by pugzjen »

I just finished watching the red table interview. I'm glad she didn't come off looking for forgiveness and can see her privilege but I agree with the lady in the yellow top, it's not up to black or poor ppl to teach ppl of privilege the hardships they face. Rich people just throw money at the problem li,e olivia said think she is young enough act on her learnings from this scandal unlike I feel like herparents were adamant they weren't in the wrong because they wanted to go to trial with this.

I never thought she would admit to initially not understanding why people are mad but now does understand. Like the ladies said she will be fine at the end of this unlike pp,who are less privileged

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

Does anyone have a link to the full video?

mystical-rose
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mystical-rose »

Her interview was better than I thought it would be. But one thing that stood out was when she mentioned that she worked really hard in high school. I just remember watching her videos in which she said that she skipped many days in senior year (closer to graduation).

It seems like she understands why people are so mad at her and why what her parents did was so wrong.

I understand that that she did this interview as a way to come back to social media and restart her career. But the general public isn’t that forgiving. So it will be interesting to so see if she posts on youtube in 2021, what her next move will be, and how everyone will react to it.

Her parents should have taken the route that Felicity took. They should have owned up to their mistake right in the beginning rather than deny what they did.

kitten_mitten
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kitten_mitten »

mystical-rose wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:01 pm
Her interview was better than I thought it would be. But one thing that stood out was when she mentioned that she worked really hard in high school. I just remember watching her videos in which she said that she skipped many days in senior year (closer to graduation).

Let’s be real if she “worked her ass off” at Marymount she would have been able to get into usc on her own. It’s not like she was going ivy. But I do think that jadas mom was cutting into her a bit much at that point and she wanted to defend herself.

bm15
Stalker
Stalker

Post by bm15 »

Hi, I just found this thread and I have been looking for one on Olivia for a while.
I just watched the red table interview and I'm glad she looks like she's grown up, she owned it and that, even tough it doesn't erase what happened, is good progress on her part.
But something that I noticed was a part where she was talking about how shocked she was when they showed her the application because she remembered writing about her youtube channel.
I really think she didn't know, I mean, she knew she didn't get in on her own, but she probably thought they just donated some money and she got in. There are a lot of people saying it's impossible she didn't know she wouldn't get in with her terrible grades, but do we know her grades? She went to a private school, the same way it normal in her circle to donate money to go to college, it probably isn't that farfetched to pay a good tuition and donate to the school to get good grades.
I'm not trying to excuse her or her family in any way, but the vibe I got from this interview was that her parents wanted her to go to college and she just agreed, she was to busy with youtube to attend school (high school), so their parents, the same way as they took care of college, took care of her grades, she admitted in the interview that she wasn't fully aware of what was going on when she was applying, they probably just let her write an application and then just changed it. She said "when this did come out I was a little confused when I saw stuff about what I'd had written on my application and I remember writing on my application about my youtube channel and vidcon".
I'm not saying she isn't to blame, because she did know she was getting in in an unorthodox way, but I don't think she knew the rest, the parents probably had some excuse for the pictures like oh this will make you look active or something like that and in her world a donation is as common as drinking water, I'm not saying it is right, and I'm really glad she understands that, but everyone is saying she's lying about the whole thing and that she's only sorry because she got caught and she doesn't really care, and I don't really think she is lying. Yes, she's only sorry because she got caught but that's because when she realized what was going on and that not everyone goes to college because of donations and stuff. That's the problem with these privileged kids, sometimes they don't even know what is privilege and it is like unthinkable to them that someone doesn't have money to donate to a school and stuff like that.
I'm not some crazy super fan defending her 😂 I'm just cutting her some slack, because I really think that in this whole thing her parents messed up, and even tough she did too, she wasn't aware of the whole thing, and yes, she was being a privileged brat by not knowing that donating/bribery is wrong, but that's probably the extent of her blame in this.

Also, sorry for the long post and any errors, I've been wanting to express my opinion on this for a while (not that anyone cares about my opinion lol) and English is not my first language

happybar
Lurker
Lurker

Post by happybar »

bm15 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:52 am
Hi, I just found this thread and I have been looking for one on Olivia for a while.
I just watched the red table interview and I'm glad she looks like she's grown up, she owned it and that, even tough it doesn't erase what happened, is good progress on her part.
But something that I noticed was a part where she was talking about how shocked she was when they showed her the application because she remembered writing about her youtube channel.
I really think she didn't know, I mean, she knew she didn't get in on her own, but she probably thought they just donated some money and she got in. There are a lot of people saying it's impossible she didn't know she wouldn't get in with her terrible grades, but do we know her grades? She went to a private school, the same way it normal in her circle to donate money to go to college, it probably isn't that farfetched to pay a good tuition and donate to the school to get good grades.
I'm not trying to excuse her or her family in any way, but the vibe I got from this interview was that her parents wanted her to go to college and she just agreed, she was to busy with youtube to attend school (high school), so their parents, the same way as they took care of college, took care of her grades, she admitted in the interview that she wasn't fully aware of what was going on when she was applying, they probably just let her write an application and then just changed it. She said "when this did come out I was a little confused when I saw stuff about what I'd had written on my application and I remember writing on my application about my youtube channel and vidcon".
I'm not saying she isn't to blame, because she did know she was getting in in an unorthodox way, but I don't think she knew the rest, the parents probably had some excuse for the pictures like oh this will make you look active or something like that and in her world a donation is as common as drinking water, I'm not saying it is right, and I'm really glad she understands that, but everyone is saying she's lying about the whole thing and that she's only sorry because she got caught and she doesn't really care, and I don't really think she is lying. Yes, she's only sorry because she got caught but that's because when she realized what was going on and that not everyone goes to college because of donations and stuff. That's the problem with these privileged kids, sometimes they don't even know what is privilege and it is like unthinkable to them that someone doesn't have money to donate to a school and stuff like that.
I'm not some crazy super fan defending her 😂 I'm just cutting her some slack, because I really think that in this whole thing her parents messed up, and even tough she did too, she wasn't aware of the whole thing, and yes, she was being a privileged brat by not knowing that donating/bribery is wrong, but that's probably the extent of her blame in this.

Also, sorry for the long post and any errors, I've been wanting to express my opinion on this for a while (not that anyone cares about my opinion lol) and English is not my first language
Those fabricated posing on a rowing machine pictures are a smoking gun that proves she was knowledgeable about her parents deceitful scheme. The timing of lori’s decision to take the plea - just a few days after these pictures were revealed to the public - also shows the parents knew this evidence is powerful and incriminating.
I expected the red table interviewers to ask her about it. My guess is that a contract that was entered prior to filming excluded certain questions and topics such as those heavily framing pictures.

Irada_3112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Irada_3112 »

happybar wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:52 pm
bm15 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:52 am

Those fabricated posing on a rowing machine pictures are a smoking gun that proves she was knowledgeable about her parents deceitful scheme. The timing of lori’s decision to take the plea - just a few days after these pictures were revealed to the public - also shows the parents knew this evidence is powerful and incriminating.
I expected the red table interviewers to ask her about it. My guess is that a contract that was entered prior to filming excluded certain questions and topics such as those heavily framing pictures.

Lmao with the way jada’s mom was ripping into her and that was without even bringing up the rowing pics, she would have literally started crying and stuttering if the pictures came up. Think Kendall jenner’s “apology” for that dumb Pepsi commercial. I wish they would have brought it up.

amberr-bb
Debater
Debater

Post by amberr-bb »

Anyone seen her latest video?

I'm shocked to see the like to dislike ratio more than the positive comments lol. Also, she lost a lot of subs.

Return to “Olivia Jade”