MissMeghanMakeup / Meghan Hughes

Brittney
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MissMeghanMakeup / Meghan Hughes

Post by Brittney »

I hope shes applying to schools, but from what we see in her vlogs she just seems to be living the typical LA youtube lifestyle where they kinda laze around all day, fill up their to do list with "fake" busy tasks like grocery shopping, depositing money at a bank, and cleaning the house. and then enjoying the LA night life with friends partying/smoking/drinking. I don't know how the monotonous/mundane, unproductive days they have don't drive them insane.

rog_8
Learner
Learner

Post by rog_8 »

Is it just me or Meghan often looks dirty? lol
|The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt|

Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my first language.

Brittney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Brittney »

so shes been in LA for a year now and i havent heard her mention school once. Maybe she's kinda working on it "behind the scenes" so to speak but I highly doubt her initial plan when moving from LA to Georgia was to attend a university once she was considered a resident in LA. She just seems to lack the moitvation because she's too busy getting high with friends and making effortless youtube videos that give her just enough income to party it up with friends, buy drugs/food and clothing.

bigdaddycates
Learner
Learner

Post by bigdaddycates »

I had a dream last night I met Meghan and smoked with her and it was the weirdest thing in my whole life

Brittney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Brittney »

if i ever somehow meet them one day, I think I'd ask to have a smoke sesh with her and lindsey...well at least just meghan, she seems like she'd be really chill and silly. but lindsey seems like she'd get obnoxious because I just feel like lindsey still tries too hard to fit into that whole rave/drug scene kinda thing and overall it just doesn't really 'fit' her ..it just seems pretty forced

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

I can't believe she's trying to "brand" herself and do shit off YouTube. And "stay smiling" is more than a saying? Ok Meghan, I'm sure you can preach about how to be happy on your high horse of white privilege, financial privilege, being neurotypical, being coddled by YouTube, and living a worry free life. Please, tell other people with serious struggles how to be happy. :roll:

Let me guess: the book will be "think happy thoughts, be positive and everything will be fine, smoke a bowl every morning and night...."

Not that people like Meghan don't have serious struggles but lbr she doesn't..............

hmbxo13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hmbxo13 »

I follow a blog on tumblr about the YT beauty gurus and apparently the owners of the blog had Meghan's manager or a lawyer contact them and make them take down the pictures of her bong lol.

bigdaddycates
Learner
Learner

Post by bigdaddycates »

Maybe it has something to do with all this new rebranding??
Also it's Meghan's dumb fault for not being careful enough. don't leave ur bong out while vlogging or taking snapchats and you wouldn't have this problem.

noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by noragrets »

hmbxo13 wrote:I follow a blog on tumblr about the YT beauty gurus and apparently the owners of the blog had Meghan's manager or a lawyer contact them and make them take down the pictures of her bong lol.
which tumblr?

i get the whole idea behind 'stay smiling' but it just sounds so ridiculous. she said in the q+a that she wants to spread happiness through the entire world by selling merch, writing a book and giving motivational speeches. :/ really? i mean, it's great she wants to add positivity to the world but you really aren't going to make any impact at all by spreading a hashtag or telling people that they can forget their problems by smiling or just feeling better. seems like such privileged-white-girl-who-smokes-bongs 'i can save the world' bullshit.

getaclue
Talker
Talker

Post by getaclue »

I haven't watched any of her videos in a while but I just watched the q&a she just posted and couldn't even finish it, she just seemed so fake

gugogi16
Informer
Informer

Post by gugogi16 »

noracinq wrote:
hmbxo13 wrote:I follow a blog on tumblr about the YT beauty gurus and apparently the owners of the blog had Meghan's manager or a lawyer contact them and make them take down the pictures of her bong lol.
which tumblr?

i get the whole idea behind 'stay smiling' but it just sounds so ridiculous. she said in the q+a that she wants to spread happiness through the entire world by selling merch, writing a book and giving motivational speeches. :/ really? i mean, it's great she wants to add positivity to the world but you really aren't going to make any impact at all by spreading a hashtag or telling people that they can forget their problems by smiling or just feeling better. seems like such privileged-white-girl-who-smokes-bongs 'i can save the world' bullshit.
ytbeautygurus
Aspyn + Parker Drinking Game: https://goo.gl/56VmWq :cheers:

Brittney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Brittney »

not surprised she decided not to pursue college (hopefully she changes her mind on that soon...). i think this whole "stay smilin" movement and wanting to write a book and tour etc. is just a cop out and a good excuse to continue lazing around LA smoking all day and making easy money with youtube videos. Wolftyla, that popular viner, (i think that's her name) actually goes to school, is perusing music and has this whole "wolf movement" of positivity thing going on, so I don't see why meghan cant go down a similar path.

plus i'm not really sure who's going to want to buy a book on positivity (which is probably just regurgitated words from other books shes read and mod sun songs she's listened to) from a girl who's not that well known on youtube and has only a high school education

thinkoutloud123
Talker
Talker

Post by thinkoutloud123 »

That "poem" she read from that Modsun book was terrible

bigdaddycates
Learner
Learner

Post by bigdaddycates »

So how is she gonna afford to live on her own (since Lindsey is now looking to live on her own) also kinda curious how all their stuff will be split up

ohliveuh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohliveuh »

thinkoutloud123 wrote:That "poem" she read from that Modsun book was terrible
I was cringing throughout the whole thing.

I think it's great that Meghan wants to do positive things in her life and I usually do enjoy her videos, but this one bothered me. As somebody who has struggled with depression and anxiety pretty much my entire life, it's very frustrating for somebody to chalk it up to "stay smilin, it's possible for everyone!!!!!" :/

morgaaannn
Learner
Learner

Post by morgaaannn »

It kills me that she isn't going to further her education because she doesn't feel like it. College isn't for everyone and it does make sense for some people to take time off (I'm 26 and still working on my BA because I took a couple years off) but the fact that she more or less dropped out of high school and has zero real life work experience is going to come back to bite her in the ass when this "stay smilin" ~movement~ doesn't pan out.

thelovingmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

MissMeghanMakeup / Meghan Hughes

Post by thelovingmomma »

morgaaannn wrote:It kills me that she isn't going to further her education because she doesn't feel like it. College isn't for everyone and it does make sense for some people to take time off (I'm 26 and still working on my BA because I took a couple years off) but the fact that she more or less dropped out of high school and has zero real life work experience is going to come back to bite her in the ass when this "stay smilin" ~movement~ doesn't pan out.
I agree. I've taken my time with my degrees. I'll be 27 in November. I finished high school early much like her (4 months after I turned 16). I agree with her feeling too young last year because I know I felt too young when I graduated. I took a few years off like you. I'll have my MBA in May. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do when I started. I'm still not 100% what field I'll go into with my MBA. My undergrad is both in business and social science because I knew I liked psychology and the idea of being a therapist. Before that I got certificates in health and wellness coaching, life coaching, leadership coaching. I find education beneficial. She could do life coaching and use it in her stay smiling movement.

stars&rockets08
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by stars&rockets08 »

No one, other than her fans are gonna go hear her speak, or buy her book. There are plenty of people who are actual motivational speakers in the world. Yeah, her whole happiness thing is weed fueled bullshit. She's just copying the shit that ModSun spews.

If that Tumblr bong picture thing is true, that is hilarious. :rofl: We all know you're a stoner, Megz. Hide all your pics all you want; you make it so obvious anyway.

bigdaddycates
Learner
Learner

Post by bigdaddycates »

Okay so do you guys remember the bong snapchat picture that we posted on here? I've been going back through the thread and trying to find it and I can't...

squirtlessquad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by squirtlessquad »

Lol this one?

Return to “Meghan Hughes”