Gretchenlovesbeauty/ Gretchen Geraghty

cleocat4
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gretchenlovesbeauty/ Gretchen Geraghty

Post by cleocat4 »

Any thoughts on her? I used to like her but now I find her insufferable and can't watch her videos anymore

leopardmuffin
Debater
Debater

Re: Gretchenlovesbeauty/ Gretchen Geraghty

Post by leopardmuffin »

Yeah she's so immature and incapable of dealing with any criticism whatsoever. It's interesting how she was so passionate about veganism like a year ago and now she's back to eating meat and everything

cleocat4
Informer
Informer

Post by cleocat4 »

leopardmuffin wrote:Yeah she's so immature and incapable of dealing with any criticism whatsoever. It's interesting how she was so passionate about veganism like a year ago and now she's back to eating meat and everything
Agreed. And she's constantly talking about her body and weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lexiikaee
Learner
Learner

Post by Lexiikaee »

I use to love watching her but now she just comes off as fake and materialistic. I miss the old Gretchen before the YouTube fame went to her head.

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

Just a heads up but there's already a thread about gretchen on here! it should show up if you search "gretchenlovesbeauty" but I think the other thread about her is under a category that doesn't apply to her anymore so it may be hard to find, and it's probably good that you made this new thread anyways tbh, but just figured I'd let you know :)

But yeah, I completely agree with all of you. I used to really like her videos but the past year or two has just been a disappointment, she's a lot less likeable. also, that "internship" she's doing with tasha seems like complete BS imo, it seems like more of a brand deal than anything else.

cleocat4
Informer
Informer

Post by cleocat4 »

aaa123 wrote:Just a heads up but there's already a thread about gretchen on here! it should show up if you search "gretchenlovesbeauty" but I think the other thread about her is under a category that doesn't apply to her anymore so it may be hard to find, and it's probably good that you made this new thread anyways tbh, but just figured I'd let you know :)

But yeah, I completely agree with all of you. I used to really like her videos but the past year or two has just been a disappointment, she's a lot less likeable. also, that "internship" she's doing with tasha seems like complete BS imo, it seems like more of a brand deal than anything else.
Yeah when I looked it up she only came up under rave a guru! But I feel like we needed her own thread on here

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

cleocat4 wrote:
aaa123 wrote:Just a heads up but there's already a thread about gretchen on here! it should show up if you search "gretchenlovesbeauty" but I think the other thread about her is under a category that doesn't apply to her anymore so it may be hard to find, and it's probably good that you made this new thread anyways tbh, but just figured I'd let you know :)

Yeah when I looked it up she only came up under rave a guru! But I feel like we needed her own thread on here

ugh sorry I should've double checked, lmao I just noticed that the other thread was a rave one. that's actually pretty sad tbh, even the comments in her rave thread were basically all negative which says a lot about her content/how she's been acting lately

cleocat4
Informer
Informer

Post by cleocat4 »

aaa123 wrote:
cleocat4 wrote:

ugh sorry I should've double checked, lmao I just noticed that the other thread was a rave one. that's actually pretty sad tbh, even the comments in her rave thread were basically all negative which says a lot about her content/how she's been acting lately
You know sh*t has hit the fan when your rave a guru thread is full of negative comments ImageImage

cleocat4
Informer
Informer

Post by cleocat4 »

Why is she always spending so much money?

giraffe
Informer
Informer

Post by giraffe »

I think her parents support her too much

Lexiikaee
Learner
Learner

Post by Lexiikaee »

Is it just me or does it seem that Gretchen and her sister Lucy are both obsessed with being skinny?

cleocat4
Informer
Informer

Post by cleocat4 »

Lexiikaee wrote:Is it just me or does it seem that Gretchen and her sister Lucy are both obsessed with being skinny?
Definitely. They're very excessive and it's really all Gretchen talks about

mandyRD
Informer
Informer

Post by mandyRD »

She is irresponsible....have you see her paris and London vlog?
She needs to grow up.

UseMyCode
Informer
Informer

Post by UseMyCode »

Long time lurker first time commenter. I used to be a fan of her and her sister when they were younger and the focus was on rowing and fitness and relatable stuff (senior year of high school and freshman year of college) but Gretchen is out of control and I refuse to watch any more of this wack content. Call them the next "opposite twins" (watch out, Niki and Gabi) because her twin sister Lucy has gotten better with the vlogs, is more relatable and calm, and 0% bougie in stark contrast to Gretchen. I liked her europe vlogs and recent content has been good. Gretchen clearly has no sense of self whatsoever. In her most recent video she impulse bought a giant LV duffel bag because her friend came for the weekend and had it and she just HAD to get one too, then went to Urban to get the same shirt in the same color as another girl she hung out with that weekend! Seems a little bit like middle school copycat behavior to me. Obviously she is making money with youtube but she is in college and is not from a super wealthy family, I just think her material purchases and the way she talks about them has been excessively bougie and cringeworthy. In addition to the gigantic LV duffel, recent purchases include cartier love rings (not a unique concept but she literally said she got them because of a friend's influence :? ), gucci loafers, gucci belt, hermes bracelet, to name a few. It all just looks like she's trying too hard to keep up with the bloggers and fancy girls of the world/youtube. Just strange to me how you can drive a 10+ year old toyota worth $1000 with a $2000 LV travel bag in it. Probably not very sustainable. Obviously not everyone on youtube has to be the girl with a 40k BMW, YSL bag and nose job in high school (most of us are not) but she has come across a little bit of youtube money and it appears she's spending to keep up with those girls. Yuck

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

she just posted on snapchat that she’s going on two spring break trips this year. she really does love to blow her money as quickly as possible :roll:

Lexiikaee
Learner
Learner

Post by Lexiikaee »

aaa123 wrote:she just posted on snapchat that she’s going on two spring break trips this year. she really does love to blow her money as quickly as possible :roll:
Is she going to have that long of a break from school or is she just going to miss a week of school so she can brag and boast about going on two spring breaks.

cleocat4
Informer
Informer

Post by cleocat4 »

UseMyCode wrote:Long time lurker first time commenter. I used to be a fan of her and her sister when they were younger and the focus was on rowing and fitness and relatable stuff (senior year of high school and freshman year of college) but Gretchen is out of control and I refuse to watch any more of this wack content. Call them the next "opposite twins" (watch out, Niki and Gabi) because her twin sister Lucy has gotten better with the vlogs, is more relatable and calm, and 0% bougie in stark contrast to Gretchen. I liked her europe vlogs and recent content has been good. Gretchen clearly has no sense of self whatsoever. In her most recent video she impulse bought a giant LV duffel bag because her friend came for the weekend and had it and she just HAD to get one too, then went to Urban to get the same shirt in the same color as another girl she hung out with that weekend! Seems a little bit like middle school copycat behavior to me. Obviously she is making money with youtube but she is in college and is not from a super wealthy family, I just think her material purchases and the way she talks about them has been excessively bougie and cringeworthy. In addition to the gigantic LV duffel, recent purchases include cartier love rings (not a unique concept but she literally said she got them because of a friend's influence :? ), gucci loafers, gucci belt, hermes bracelet, to name a few. It all just looks like she's trying too hard to keep up with the bloggers and fancy girls of the world/youtube. Just strange to me how you can drive a 10+ year old toyota worth $1000 with a $2000 LV travel bag in it. Probably not very sustainable. Obviously not everyone on youtube has to be the girl with a 40k BMW, YSL bag and nose job in high school (most of us are not) but she has come across a little bit of youtube money and it appears she's spending to keep up with those girls. Yuck
Agreed. She’s a mess.

ecl663
Learner
Learner

Post by ecl663 »

Lexiikaee wrote:
aaa123 wrote:she just posted on snapchat that she’s going on two spring break trips this year. she really does love to blow her money as quickly as possible :roll:
Is she going to have that long of a break from school or is she just going to miss a week of school so she can brag and boast about going on two spring breaks.
Didn't she do something similar last year? She went to Mexico for a long weekend because it was sponsored by VS I think and ended up missing a few days of classes, and then went somewhere for her actual spring break too.

It's so surprising to me how often she travels, especially since she often ends up flying in the day before an exam and doesn't seem to study that much. She's always saying how she's lucky and a good test taker, but it does make me wonder how her grades are if she's mostly relying on that rather than studying.

UseMyCode
Informer
Informer

Post by UseMyCode »

Can totally see her dropping out to do YT full time like all those other girls after not doing well in business classes and falling behind. She switched her major a year ago and can't be doing well in school with all the other stuff she does on a daily basis

bonjouryoutube
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bonjouryoutube »

Tbh I think her core group project is what’s going to bring up her grades, she had no choice but to do the work for that and it seems to be the most important part of her classes. Other than that from what I can tell from her videos and Snapchat she hardly studies or does any school work at the weekend so I’m not sure how well she’d do. She doesn’t seem too concerned about her career after YouTube though, I’m sure she could always continue doing Instagram stories for brands like dote lol.

Return to “Gretchen Geraghty”