Brooke “can’t get a MANchengo” Miccio (Pt.8)

cici2020
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brooke “can’t get a MANchengo” Miccio (Pt.8)

Post by cici2020 »

i think a podcast with her mom could actually be pretty cool and smart from a business move... like it will be more professional than freaking gals on the go lol. But i also can't see her leaving GOTG. in other news, she is so freaking manic in her vlogs. it actually really stresses me out.

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

Guest wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:35 am
So I listened to Brooke's solo episode. Here's a few takeaways:
9. She says she broke a guy's heart pursuing someone else and now they're slowly mending the relationship....I don't know how I feel about this one. Is she really out here breaking hearts?
Re: #9 - I don't feel like going back and re-listening, but did she actually say "he"? For some reason my first mind went to Maddy and their friendship falling out. She's been mentioning her more again and I'm wondering if they patched things up.

Guanabeer
Debater
Debater

Post by Guanabeer »

cici2020 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:53 am
i think a podcast with her mom could actually be pretty cool and smart from a business move... like it will be more professional than freaking gals on the go lol. But i also can't see her leaving GOTG. in other news, she is so freaking manic in her vlogs. it actually really stresses me out.
I'd rather listen to her podcast with her mom than GOTG. I just can't stand Danielle.
English is not my 1th language, pardon my english.

buzzinnn
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by buzzinnn »

I’m going to listen to the podcast because I’ll rather listen to it when it’s just her.. however, omg the other day I saw a guy she knows ig AND she literally comments on every single pic of him hitting on him.. girl get a water bottle you’re thirsty

What’s wrong with living at home at 23? Some of us would love to save up. She sounds dumb.

almic8
Talker
Talker

Post by almic8 »

Guest wrote:
1. She compared herself to her roommates during the job search and alludes to taking the Oracle job because "it was the thing to do". I take this as, she wanted to seem better than all the other YT girls who didn't get a job after graduation so she got a job but doesn't have a work ethic.
2. She claims that she is getting back to her roots being at home and will stop seeing other people's success as the lack of her own. Personally, I think she was depressed because she saw how she was wasting potential and had the ability to do things.
3. She said when she worked at Oracle, she'd compare her content to full-time YT people and say if she had that time she'd make similar content....well we see how that turned out
4. She's starting therapy with BetterHelp because apparently they're one of the sponsors and people have been telling her to do it. She had therapy after high school but didn't like the therapist so she jumped ship.
5. She got her iPad working with Apple testing products.
6. She didn't decided to end her lease because of the boy...it just helped catalyze things. She was always unhappy...which we knew.
7. She claims to have not known how to basically be an adult til she moved out...didn't know how to pay rent on time or keep a clean house (which we know from her mom cleaning the toilet with her bare hands)
8. She didn't move to NYC immediately because her friends live in ATL or Charlotte...trying to figure out why she thought Boston was a better choice
9. She says she broke a guy's heart pursuing someone else and now they're slowly mending the relationship....I don't know how I feel about this one. Is she really out here breaking hearts?
10. She admitted that people saying she should stop calling her coworkers her best friends after 3 weeks were right. She lets people in too quickly but she likes the fluidity of those relationships. She doesn't want to associate Boston with those friendships.
11. Boston is a great city and was a great year for her but she lost a lot of friends and was unhappy the whole time...
12. She equates people not talking to her constantly as them not liking her for some reason BUT she's a passive friend. How is she passive BUT gets mad that she isn't invited to things? But wants to start reaching out to old friends after looking back onto older friendships.
13. Admits she doesn't really know Maggie, Emma, Gretchen and crew.

I tried to condense things down but all in all it's the same shit on a different day. Hopefully therapy works.
Thanks for this! it’s very interesting and i appreciate that she acknowledged she’s not that close with the boston vlog crew, that friend group seems so superficial and surface based

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

Guest wrote:
1. She compared herself to her roommates during the job search and alludes to taking the Oracle job because "it was the thing to do". I take this as, she wanted to seem better than all the other YT girls who didn't get a job after graduation so she got a job but doesn't have a work ethic.
2. She claims that she is getting back to her roots being at home and will stop seeing other people's success as the lack of her own. Personally, I think she was depressed because she saw how she was wasting potential and had the ability to do things.
3. She said when she worked at Oracle, she'd compare her content to full-time YT people and say if she had that time she'd make similar content....well we see how that turned out
4. She's starting therapy with BetterHelp because apparently they're one of the sponsors and people have been telling her to do it. She had therapy after high school but didn't like the therapist so she jumped ship.
6. She didn't decided to end her lease because of the boy...it just helped catalyze things. She was always unhappy...which we knew.
7. She claims to have not known how to basically be an adult til she moved out...didn't know how to pay rent on time or keep a clean house (which we know from her mom cleaning the toilet with her bare hands)
8. She didn't move to NYC immediately because her friends live in ATL or Charlotte...trying to figure out why she thought Boston was a better choice
10. She admitted that people saying she should stop calling her coworkers her best friends after 3 weeks were right. She lets people in too quickly but she likes the fluidity of those relationships. She doesn't want to associate Boston with those friendships.
11. Boston is a great city and was a great year for her but she lost a lot of friends and was unhappy the whole time...
12. She equates people not talking to her constantly as them not liking her for some reason BUT she's a passive friend. How is she passive BUT gets mad that she isn't invited to things? But wants to start reaching out to old friends after looking back onto older friendships.

I tried to condense things down but all in all it's the same shit on a different day. Hopefully therapy works.
honestly it's refreshing reading all this (bc i don't want to make myself listen to the podcast lmfao), at least she has some level of self-awareness. i want to hope that being home and out of boston will be good for her, but let's be honest - if she doesn't do the work, her problems are just going to follow her there. i'm glad to hear she'll be using betterhelp, but i can't help but roll my eyes over the fact that it's a sponsorship. (i know it's not just brooke, but it irritates me how influencers literally get everything handed to them that other people struggle to access. it's one thing when they're gifted expensive products, but even therapy now... come on. :roll: ). hopefully she stays committed to it instead of jumping ship like she did previously. i also hope she starts to be this transparent/authentic on her youtube channel as well (without the crying on camera lol...) instead of putting up this facade about her being the happiest she's ever been, promoting fake friendships, pretending she has her life completely together when it's obvious it isn't. it's ok and honestly normal to not have everything figured out the second you graduate college, and i would respect her so much more if she was straightforward about that.

buzzinnn
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by buzzinnn »

Lmao she loves reading here. The podcast page is private now. Hi Brooke!

emeraldgirrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emeraldgirrl »

danny-devito wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:44 am
Guest wrote:

honestly it's refreshing reading all this (bc i don't want to make myself listen to the podcast lmfao), at least she has some level of self-awareness. i want to hope that being home and out of boston will be good for her, but let's be honest - if she doesn't do the work, her problems are just going to follow her there. i'm glad to hear she'll be using betterhelp, but i can't help but roll my eyes over the fact that it's a sponsorship. (i know it's not just brooke, but it irritates me how influencers literally get everything handed to them that other people struggle to access. it's one thing when they're gifted expensive products, but even therapy now... come on. :roll: ). hopefully she stays committed to it instead of jumping ship like she did previously. i also hope she starts to be this transparent/authentic on her youtube channel as well (without the crying on camera lol...) instead of putting up this facade about her being the happiest she's ever been, promoting fake friendships, pretending she has her life completely together when it's obvious it isn't. it's ok and honestly normal to not have everything figured out the second you graduate college, and i would respect her so much more if she was straightforward about that.
You 100% nailed my exact thoughts: I’m glad Brooke’s getting help and she has some level of self-awareness, I just hope she sticks with it and stops this cycle of “I’m so happy!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t you tell???????!” “The truth is I’ve been sad for a very long time.”

76window
Learner
Learner

Post by 76window »

Guest wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:32 am
kdoggy21 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:00 am
Guest wrote:
Re: #9 - I don't feel like going back and re-listening, but did she actually say "he"? For some reason my first mind went to Maddy and their friendship falling out. She's been mentioning her more again and I'm wondering if they patched things up.
The way she phrased it makes me think it's about a guy simply because she says that she was pursuing someone else so I don't know why her friend would be heartbroken. I don't want to assume her sexuality but I feel like she would've said if it was about a female friend instead of a guy but who knows,
100% her "breaking a heart" is she was talking to two dating app guys at once and decided to pursue the boston facetime boy. Because Brooke throws her heart on the table for anything that gives her a second date, she told the other guy she was "super serious" with someone else and ended things. Other guy used what I call "fuck boy flirting" and said he was heartbroken to flatter her. Now this other guy ran for the hills and Brooke reached back out because she thought he was serious.

76window
Learner
Learner

Post by 76window »

Does anyone here remember a tweet she posted (a while ago) that was along the lines of "whoever moves back home after college sad " essentially shaming anyone moving back home to save money. But now that it happened to her she tweeted "not that moving home is a bad thing". FILTHY HYPOCRITE.

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

you don't miss "og youtube" brooke you just like getting away with being lazy with your content

Djenner
Learner
Learner

Post by Djenner »

If people remember Brooke talking about the secret company she was working with when she went on the trip to NY she revealed in the podcast that it was Apple. I’m pretty sure that was what people guessed on this thread so y’all were right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlm1995
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jlm1995 »

76window wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:32 pm
Does anyone here remember a tweet she posted (a while ago) that was along the lines of "whoever moves back home after college sad " essentially shaming anyone moving back home to save money. But now that it happened to her she tweeted "not that moving home is a bad thing". FILTHY HYPOCRITE.
She only added the "nothing wrong with this" because a bunch of people were replying to the original tweet saying that there's nothing wrong with it :rofl: i don't think she would have said that otherwise

Hollzonthegoss
Learner
Learner

Post by Hollzonthegoss »

Djenner wrote:If people remember Brooke talking about the secret company she was working with when she went on the trip to NY she revealed in the podcast that it was Apple. I’m pretty sure that was what people guessed on this thread so y’all were right

Did anything ever come of that?

Djenner
Learner
Learner

Post by Djenner »

Hollzonthegoss wrote:
Djenner wrote:If people remember Brooke talking about the secret company she was working with when she went on the trip to NY she revealed in the podcast that it was Apple. I’m pretty sure that was what people guessed on this thread so y’all were right

Did anything ever come of that?

No she said that she hasn’t heard from them in a year, they work with people on and off, and they want all their sponsorships to be very organic so they don’t allow you to talk about it.

gurugossip11234
Lurker
Lurker

Post by gurugossip11234 »

brittculture wrote:So I listened to Brooke's solo episode. Here's a few takeaways:

When does she mention not knowing Maggie, Emma and Gretchen? I must’ve missed that part

cc2324
Talker
Talker

Post by cc2324 »

I just don’t understand how like 50% of her problems that she still brings up are all due to living alone and not having a roommate & she won’t even entertain the idea?? I honestly think it would do so much for her so I’m so confused about why she’s so adamant on living alone when she has struggled so much with loneliness and friends in general. Not saying her roommate will automatically be her BFF, but if it’s not a bad situation where they hate each other it seems like it would be way better for her

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

cc2324 wrote:I just don’t understand how like 50% of her problems that she still brings up are all due to living alone and not having a roommate & she won’t even entertain the idea?? I honestly think it would do so much for her so I’m so confused about why she’s so adamant on living alone when she has struggled so much with loneliness and friends in general. Not saying her roommate will automatically be her BFF, but if it’s not a bad situation where they hate each other it seems like it would be way better for her
Already predicting she’s gonna be on LI until 2021. This fall she will say she was lonely in Boston and wants to wait until a friend (really Danielle) can live with her. Danielle will then definitely move in with her boyfriend, probably in Atlanta, in June 2021, and then Brooke will move to nyc alone

cici2020
Debater
Debater

Post by cici2020 »

24601 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:19 pm
cc2324 wrote:I just don’t understand how like 50% of her problems that she still brings up are all due to living alone and not having a roommate & she won’t even entertain the idea?? I honestly think it would do so much for her so I’m so confused about why she’s so adamant on living alone when she has struggled so much with loneliness and friends in general. Not saying her roommate will automatically be her BFF, but if it’s not a bad situation where they hate each other it seems like it would be way better for her
Already predicting she’s gonna be on LI until 2021. This fall she will say she was lonely in Boston and wants to wait until a friend (really Danielle) can live with her. Danielle will then definitely move in with her boyfriend, probably in Atlanta, in June 2021, and then Brooke will move to nyc alone

Yeah...and it seems kind of pointless to move to nyc for work purposes. Maybe things like stores, restaurants, and gyms will start to open later on (skeptical lol) but i dont think any big events will be happening until there is a vaccine....and i feel like influencer events is a big draw for her to be in NYC. She can go to starbucks, soul cycle, and the malls to fill her boring vlogs in LI lol. Though idk if brooke is that logical.

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

i suggested this a few threads back but my bet is that brooke will either sublet or find a month to month lease when the plan that when danielle gradutes they will get a 2 bed 2 bath spot where danielle can keep just has a "second place" for work, but danielle will be based in atlanta. it makes perfect sense logistically and financially they'll have the same budget.

Return to “Brooke Miccio”