jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brooke Miccio

Post by jadorexo »

kdoggy21 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:01 am
I find her diet kinda gross. If she's done HelloFresh before, she could probably figure out how to meal prep her fav recipes to eat throughout the week, instead of eating a bag of cauliflower gnocchi every night.
she seems to look slimmer these days. i assume she's just eating the same thing every week for breakfast (avocado toast), lunch (salads, protein bar, and dinner (cauliflower gnocchi) which somehow is enough fewer calories for her to unintentionally lean out

if it works it works ;)

Post by Guest »

jadorexo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:43 am
kdoggy21 wrote:
I find her diet kinda gross. If she's done HelloFresh before, she could probably figure out how to meal prep her fav recipes to eat throughout the week, instead of eating a bag of cauliflower gnocchi every night.
she seems to look slimmer these days. i assume she's just eating the same thing every week for breakfast (avocado toast), lunch (salads, protein bar, and dinner (cauliflower gnocchi) which somehow is enough fewer calories for her to unintentionally lean out

if it works it works ;)
she also says she binges on shitty food every week when she gets drunk

Post by Guest »

RachelRatface wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:26 am
She's only been at the 8-5 job for a couple of months and she's over it already. Shades of Natalie Barbu. I wonder if she'll make it even a year. If she can support herself with YT, it's gotta be hard to motivate herself to go to a boring tech sales job five days a week. I can't say that I blame her.
She said she can’t support herself off just YouTube

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

ihateytgurus wrote:
jadorexo wrote:
kdoggy2delete wrote:

if it works it works ;)
she also says she binges on shitty food every week when she gets drunk
yeah and she occasionally gets chiptole, but i think if you're eating the same stuff 5 days of the week and have 2 "cheat days" with crap food and alcohol, maybe that's STILL less than what brooke was doing back when she was in georgia and could constantly snack/had roommates who probably always had food out.

i mean, don't we agree? she does look slimmer.

Post by Guest »

ihateytgurus wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:57 am
NH goaliedelete3 wrote:
She's only been at the 8-5 job for a couple of months and she's over it already. Shades of Natalie Barbu. I wonder if she'll make it even a year. If she can support herself with YT, it's gotta be hard to motivate herself to go to a boring tech sales job five days a week. I can't say that I blame her.
Her views have gone up but it’s because she does work week in my life. It’s rare to find a girl on youtube with a job after college. So, if she was to quit her job and do Youtube her channel won’t be as successful as it is now. What would she post? Her and her mom running errands and going to Starbucks. She’s so unprofessional.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by kdoggy21 »

ceebee wrote:
ihateytgurus wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:57 am
NH goaliedelete3 wrote:
Her views have gone up but it’s because she does work week in my life. It’s rare to find a girl on youtube with a job after college. So, if she was to quit her job and do Youtube her channel won’t be as successful as it is now. What would she post? Her and her mom running errands and going to Starbucks. She’s so unprofessional.
Yeah yikes. I wonder if she realizes how quick her dirty laundry comes up with one quick google of her name. You'll get linked right to this thread where everyone summarizes all the dumb shit she does in her pod/videos/twitter in one convenient package :)

Post by Guest »

Did anyone find it weird that she’s renting clothes? She has a walk in closet that’s full. She said I’m needing clothes these days. Alrighty Brooke whatever you say.

youtube_obsessed843
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by youtube_obsessed843 »

foryourinfo wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:40 am
spaceshipbeautyqueen wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:38 am
foryourinfo wrote: Are we just supposed to not use or eat certain brands or companies just bc of their political beliefs
ummmm....... ya
Interesting. I must do research on this and see what brands I'm supporting that have opposite views as myself! :o
Without giving too much away, I live 5 minutes down the road from where the Stephen Ross/Joe Farrell/Trump fundraisers were held. I rub shoulders with the elite of the elite on a daily basis at the store I work at. When the news broke about Stephen Ross, not one person even batted an eyelash. Things continued as they normally do out here and Soul Cycle was just as sold out as they always are. People were much more concerned (borderline frantic) about Trump's presidential motorcade, how it would affect traffic, and the highway closures than anything having to do with the morality of it all or who supports who. My point is, the rich truly don't care. They have the kind of money where things like their spin class of choice or what pasta they eat really don't affect them in any way...despite having highly educated backgrounds and funds to sway political opinion if they wanted. It's a sad reality that I see up close and personal everyday. Sure, we can all boycott a particular tampon, but you quickly realize this wont do much when you're up against people who can donate 3 million dollars in a single afternoon.

larkspurlurker
Learner
Learner

Post by larkspurlurker »

youtube_obsessed843 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:46 pm
My point is, the rich truly don't care. They have the kind of money where things like their spin class of choice or what pasta they eat really don't affect them in any way...despite having highly educated backgrounds and funds to sway political opinion if they wanted. It's a sad reality that I see up close and personal everyday. Sure, we can all boycott a particular tampon, but you quickly realize this wont do much when you're up against people who can donate 3 million dollars in a single afternoon.
I think this is very true, but it also seems like a strategically poor move for Brooke to post a video about Soul immediately after negative news breaking. I think it is hypocritical for her to come up with excuses about using Wayfair stuff and then post this video with 0 disclaimers. Either be a socially conscious consumer or don't (Danielle, for example, is clearly not) but don't try to use either side when it suits you.

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

i couldn't even get through her video today because she just sounded so depressed when she talked about the mundanity of her job and it was bringing down my mood this morning. what really got to me was when she was saying she thinks she could be doing something better with her time, but she talks herself out of it because she's building up her resume and making money. like, is that what you think is most important to do with your life? what about like... doing something you're passionate about? i get wanting a good resume to better prepare you for the future, and money is a necessity, but is that worth sacrificing your happiness? it'd be one thing if she had no other choices, but brooke has money and connections. she'd be fine working any type of job, so why spend every day working for a company you have no attachment to, doing work you feel isn't beneficial to the world or yourself outside of "i'm building up my resume and making money"? not that i think she should quit her job because she felt like this once, but if that's something she continues to feel i really wish she would figure out what exactly brings her joy and pursue that instead.

Seaside22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Seaside22 »

We all saw it coming, her regretting the working world once she actually had to work. She thought her summer camp orientation was what the grind was really like. Brooke had the same complaints at her QVC internship, she doesn’t want to be the low man on the totem pole. She doesn’t seem to get that you have to work to build cred and your place on the team- it’s not just given to you because you have a YouTube channel. Work is hard and really not fun, but it’s part of life. She also seems to be hanging out less with the crowd she was always with during orientation...

larkspurlurker
Learner
Learner

Post by larkspurlurker »

danny-devito wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:49 pm
i couldn't even get through her video today because she just sounded so depressed when she talked about the mundanity of her job and it was bringing down my mood this morning. what really got to me was when she was saying she thinks she could be doing something better with her time, but she talks herself out of it because she's building up her resume and making money. like, is that what you think is most important to do with your life? what about like... doing something you're passionate about? i get wanting a good resume to better prepare you for the future, and money is a necessity, but is that worth sacrificing your happiness? it'd be one thing if she had no other choices, but brooke has money and connections. she'd be fine working any type of job, so why spend every day working for a company you have no attachment to, doing work you feel isn't beneficial to the world or yourself outside of "i'm building up my resume and making money"? not that i think she should quit her job because she felt like this once, but if that's something she continues to feel i really wish she would figure out what exactly brings her joy and pursue that instead.
I completely agree although I'm not surprised. Did she really think selling B2B tech would fulfill her?

beenwatchingtoolong
Learner
Learner

Post by beenwatchingtoolong »

Holy shit the new podcast was so incredibly cringey and awkward to listen to. Brooke, shut the fuck up. You’re seriously beginning to dig yourself in such a hole. If your viewers/listeners are catching on, then clearly the people you work with/are friends w in Boston who know you more are catching on. It’s a bad look and it going to bite you in the ass BIGGGGG TIME. Also danielle is soooo done with brooke’s complaining. She literally cut her off so many times and did not give a fuck. Also more digs to brooke about so many things. I give this pod another year and then it’s over. If I were brooke and I realized how badly danielle treated her and made her sound on the pod, I’d dip. But that residual income thooooooo. That’s all they care about.

Post by Guest »

I thought it was super mean how Danielle basically told her if she ever gets married a few episodes back. I’m not going to go into detail on the podcast because I don’t listen to it anymore. It’s just a bad look if you’re lowkey dissing your cohost. Why is Brooke letting a girl younger than her bully her?

Brooke needs to stop complaining about coworkers AND job related stuff on the internet. Her boss might not be watching but her coworkers are. A coworker can act like they’re your friends but behind your back they can be telling your manager shit about you. It HAPPENS especially in a competitive environment. She has never worked before so she wouldn’t know.

Also, she just took a job with Oracle because her school basically got her the job. It wasn’t something she was interested in.

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

larkspurlurker wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:34 pm
youtube_obsessed843 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:46 pm
My point is, the rich truly don't care. They have the kind of money where things like their spin class of choice or what pasta they eat really don't affect them in any way...despite having highly educated backgrounds and funds to sway political opinion if they wanted. It's a sad reality that I see up close and personal everyday. Sure, we can all boycott a particular tampon, but you quickly realize this wont do much when you're up against people who can donate 3 million dollars in a single afternoon.
I think this is very true, but it also seems like a strategically poor move for Brooke to post a video about Soul immediately after negative news breaking. I think it is hypocritical for her to come up with excuses about using Wayfair stuff and then post this video with 0 disclaimers. Either be a socially conscious consumer or don't (Danielle, for example, is clearly not) but don't try to use either side when it suits you.
brooke doesn't care about even the wayfair stuff. she just added that disclaimer to LOOK GOOD to her subscribers. i'm not saying this is bad and most every other 22 year old does not care about fast fashion. let's just hope brooke doesn't get tangled in her lies of whoever she is trying to pretend to be

Post by Guest »

ceebee wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:59 pm
I thought it was super mean how Danielle basically told her if she ever gets married a few episodes back. I’m not going to go into detail on the podcast because I don’t listen to it anymore. It’s just a bad look if you’re lowkey dissing your cohost. Why is Brooke letting a girl younger than her bully her?

Brooke needs to stop complaining about coworkers AND job related stuff on the internet. Her boss might not be watching but her coworkers are. A coworker can act like they’re your friends but behind your back they can be telling your manager shit about you. It HAPPENS especially in a competitive environment. She has never worked before so she wouldn’t know.

Also, she just took a job with Oracle because her school basically got her the job. It wasn’t something she was interested in.
Honestly she shouldn't be friends with her coworkers. I've learned this lesson the hard way. You can be nice and cordial, you can bring them cookies on their birthday, you can ask about their spouses/children. You shouldn't drink with them, invite them to your house, or engage with them outside of work (with the exception of lunch/happy hour). Brooke should focus on finding a friend-group outside of work. Because when you poison your office well, you're always gonna feel thirsty.

Solcool2
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Solcool2 »

larkspurlurker wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 pm
danny-devito wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:49 pm
I completely agree although I'm not surprised. Did she really think selling B2B tech would fulfill her?
She has to realize not everyone is “fulfilled” by their day to day jobs... people work because they have to to live. She has it good though, hope she powers through bc she’s lucky she got a good job out of school and still has her yt and still gets tons of free stuff so barely has to buy things that others have to buy.

gooroo
Debater
Debater

Post by gooroo »

I definitely agree that work is work, and it is not going to be all fun and games all the time. Or even a majority of the time. That being said, it does really confuse me that Brooke would choose to upend her entire life for a job in tech software sales..? Like why couldn't she look for a job that interested her more, even doing business admin for a beauty or apparel company? Her choice still feels so random, especially because it's not like she was unemployed for a while and accepted whatever job would take her.

Post by Guest »

Happy_one wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:20 am
is that hermes bracelet that she wears is it still sold by Hermes?
Yes

Firefly1111
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Firefly1111 »

Sometimes you gotta see the bigger picture. She's learning skills, she's making contacts and she has an income that allows her a pretty good lifestyle. Maybe, rather than or in addition to going to SouCycle, she should volunteer somewhere, to see what other people deal with on a daily basis. Life is all about perspective.

Return to “Brooke Miccio”