American Horror Story *SPOILERS*

Tate
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: American Horror Story *SPOILERS*

Post by Tate »

Asylum was good up to a point. When it went off on a tangent, especially at the ending with Kit's story, it was too convoluted, but it was good when it stuck to the main story lines. Coven had such potential with such good actors, but it also fell apart in so many ways (like totally wasting Patty Lupone in a nonsensical role), just as Freakshow is now. The same thing happened a little bit imo in Murder House with the Black Dahlia storyline. It wasn't really necessary just as so many things this season aren't needed. I read that it is supposed to get intense when the nun from Asylum shows up to "rescue" some of the freaks, but we shall see. Maybe she will just do a song and dance number haha.

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

I also don't get the singing bits, what are they good for? And why are they always singing songs that are from the future? I find that super irritating, like, when Elsa sang Life on Mars, all I could think was "but it's from the 70s!". Or are these hints that there's going to be something like time travel in this season?
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

rosebluh-slave
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by rosebluh-slave »

I think that since they hyped this season as "the scariest one yet", I'm really disappointed thus far. Hoping something spooky happens on tonights ep.

husky
Informer
Informer

Post by husky »

^^ There's no episode until next week. :(

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

CherryCake wrote:This is classic Ryan Murphy though. Season starts off good but completely falls apart by the 5th episode and nothing can be saved. I KNEW this was going to happen and yet, i still bothered. Why? I have no idea. I had really high expectations for Coven last year because i thought to myself, FINALLY a focused season on witches and voodoo practitioners. I HATED Asylum because of how many things they tried to do - aliens, the devil, serial killer - but did not execute properly. Coven also turned to be a shit show, especially FrankenKyle. What was even his purpose on that show?! I still have no idea.
Ugh yes! It started off so strong and I was totally loving it, but then all these other things started happening so it got kind of confusing.
kowabunga wrote:I also don't get the singing bits, what are they good for? And why are they always singing songs that are from the future? I find that super irritating, like, when Elsa sang Life on Mars, all I could think was "but it's from the 70s!". Or are these hints that there's going to be something like time travel in this season?
Glee is ending soon, so Ryan Murphy has to get his singing kicks somehow :wink:

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

FINALLY a good episode. I love Dandy.
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

See I thought the episode was mainly boring besides Dandy's parts. I'm looking forward to next episode since the preview showed more of Dandy than the others.

loljokesss
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by loljokesss »

I'm getting a little bored with the entire freak storyline. Granted, I've missed an episode because I got entirely bored with this season with the exception of Dandy, but I just can't find myself liking any of the freaks with the exception of the women who tried to go after Lizard Girl's father - especially Desiree. She's amazing and by far my 2nd favorite character.

I'm still getting Ed Gein vibes from Dandy. His talk with the therapist sort of sealed it when he said something along the lines of "If you bathe in a person's blood can you get their power?" because Norman Bates (the character who is based off of Gein) took on the personality of his mother who he killed in Psycho. Seriously, I've been going back and forth with that theory this entire season and it seems plausible.
:toss:

husky
Informer
Informer

Post by husky »

I'm also bored with the main 'freak' storyline..

Just give me Dandy :love2:

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Alright so I was half watching last night's episode and half doing other things because I'm so bored with the show, but did Regina get killed? I thought that was in a preview, Dandy's mother pointing a gun at her head but I don't remember seeing that in this past episode after watching it twice?

But yeah literally the only times I'm into this season are when someone is getting killed because they're the only exciting parts, everything else is so boring.

Wonder when Sister Mary Eunice is coming in?

Tate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tate »

hollaatmegurl wrote:Alright so I was half watching last night's episode and half doing other things because I'm so bored with the show, but did Regina get killed? I thought that was in a preview, Dandy's mother pointing a gun at her head but I don't remember seeing that in this past episode after watching it twice?

But yeah literally the only times I'm into this season are when someone is getting killed because they're the only exciting parts, everything else is so boring.

Wonder when Sister Mary Eunice is coming in?
No, Dandy killed his mother instead and then bathed in her blood.

The whole show other than Dandy is just a snooze. What a waste of all the talent they had there. Well, mostly talent (*cough *cough * Emma Roberts)

I heard Sister Mary Eunice comes in a little more than half way through.

Tate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tate »

^ totally agree with all of this, including the part about Evan Peter's hair, lol.

carmella
Talker
Talker

Post by carmella »

Dandy absolutely makes the show. Whoever writes his scenes are brilliant. The Avon lady/Mom puppet?? Oh my GOD I loved it. The twisted ass cop?? LOL Everything involving Dandy is perfect. I like Amazon Eve a lot also, but it's a definite shame that the intriguing freaks aren't showcased more.

rollietrollypollie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by rollietrollypollie »

Dandy killed everyone and Jimmy screwed everyone in last nights episode! :lol: :lol:
This is the deep and dying breath of, this love that we've been working on.

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

I thought even the freaks story line was kind of interesting last episode. Not as interesting as Dandy's, but it held my attention more.

Riley Parks
Talker
Talker

Post by Riley Parks »

Pepper's story last night was heartbreaking! I cried so much..
Poor Pepper :(

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

Riley Parks wrote:Pepper's story last night was heartbreaking! I cried so much..
Poor Pepper :(
Oh my gosh yes! Me too! I was so upset and angry ugh. Pepper's such a sweetheart she didn't deserve that. :(

Post by Guest »

Oh my gosh this last episode I cried for like 90% of it :(

The only thing that confuses me (and my dad who also watches it) is that; When pepper sister has the baby, that is meant to be 9 years later. Everything from that point of the baby is 9 years later.
so are they going to continue the next 3 episodes as 9 years later? I just don't know how they're going to go about doing it.

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

peppers story was the best

Sykes
Learner
Learner

Post by Sykes »

I really hope it's back on this coming Wednesday. Two weeks without is much too long!

Return to “Horror”