Camp Takota *spoilers*

Camp Takota *spoilers*

Post by Guest »

Have any of you watched Grace Helbig's movie Camp Takota? I thought it was pretty amazing! It wasn't laugh-out-loud funny, but I enjoyed it enough. I literally started tearing up when Maxine was crying, Mamrie really surprised me with how talented she was as an actress.

My fave line was Max's bit about sitting on the washing machine on spin-cycle. So obscene lmao

I'm super excited for their future projects!

PHAIL
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Camp Takota *spoilers*

Post by PHAIL »

I was hoping it would be funnier, considering Mamrie is one of the few people who can actually make me laugh, but I understand what they were going for and it worked. I thought it was pretty good, and ironically I thought Grace was the worst actress of the bunch. Not to say she was bad, but Mamrie was amazing and even though I don't like Hannah, she did really well too considering she has no training. Some parts with Grace were a little badly acted and her makeup in some parts was horrible. Someone said that was the point, that she was pretending to be someone she wasn't? However in the final scene, her makeup was worse than it had been at any point in the movie which is when she would have ~found herself~. She looked like she'd been punched in the eyes!

But yeah, all in all I thought it was really good, all things considered.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

I thought it was okay, super predictable and the three of them literally played themselves though but I agree about Mamrie showing some solid moments.. and Eli and Jeff were hot <3

oodlesofnoodles
Debater
Debater

Post by oodlesofnoodles »

I just saw the very beginning of the movie.... god damn. Chester See <3 I swear, the things I would do to that man :love2:

LeaJackson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LeaJackson »

I wished for some more sexy time between grace and chris...... :D :love2: but the kiss was just adorbs

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

It was definitely predictable, but most movies along those lines are. I really enjoyed it, though.

randomthoughts
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by randomthoughts »

This movie's like a combination of Wet Hot American Summer and Heavyweights. It'll do well with people who are already fans of these vloggers which I guess is who they're making this for… but the storyline is sooo predictable.

If they're gonna go through all this effort to make a movie why not put more time into creating an original story?

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

I thought it was a really cute film and I enjoyed it. I thought Mamrie was the best actress out of the three of them.

turnme-up
Debater
Debater

Post by turnme-up »

Mamrie stole the film for me. She really committed to it and her lines were incredible.
Also that Chris/Chester fight.... lord slay me.

Lorelei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lorelei »

Hannah was my favorite of the bunch :D I liked the movie.
Kalel's Spread
SO KAWAII!!!!

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

It was alright. I liked the relationship between Grace's character and the ~farmer a lot. It wasn't rushed like it usually is in movies, the kiss was a bit cheesy but it was cute and awkward at the same time.

Return to “Comedy”