QueenBeatle6
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

X Factor

Post by QueenBeatle6 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Anyone watching it? Thoughts?

I like all the judges except Paulina Rubio. She is kind of annoying lol.

RachieTheDomino21
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: X Factor

Post by RachieTheDomino21 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

I thought that, as per usual, the talent that the contestants displayed was miniscule. Some of the singing was decent but they always act like they've found a superstar in a hideous teenager or a dried up, old woman. It makes me laugh. Anyway, you're right about Paulina but I, for the most part, dig everyone else. Lol.

jodilo88
Learner
Learner

Post by jodilo88 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:28 pm

The little 13-year-old who sang "Blown Away" the first night and has the problem with the hands...yeesh! I'm sorry to hear about her condition but that singing has got to mature...

I thought the 15 year old who forgot her words temporarily on day 2 was a lot better. Rachel Potter is also really, really good. And the guy who just had the baby girl in the hospital 6 weeks early...he was really good too.

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mommyoftwogirlsca » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Love the X factor I really liked that couple sang toxic.0

QueenBeatle6
Talker
Talker

Post by QueenBeatle6 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:16 pm

Oh yeah I love the couple who sang toxic too.
And the 54 year old black woman who sang the first night was amazing! I forgot her name, but she looks so young and she reminded me a lot of Whitney Houston. The way she stood and her voice. Just amazing.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:43 pm

apparently that woman has like 4 albums out and used to be a professional in the 80s under a different name
imma ball til the day i fall

MadmoiselleLayla
Informer
Informer

Post by MadmoiselleLayla » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:49 pm

I really love the couple that sang "Toxic" too, and the guy from NY who was a waiter/happy birthday singer wasn't bad either :) One of my biggest complaints about the show is that they don't show enough good auditions. Does anyone know who Graceanne Parks is(she's a singer/comedian on YouTube- friends with the o2l crowd but lives in Bostin) She auditioned for the X factor, and I hope they show her audition! On a younow she was saying how Camilla from 5th Harmony's audition wasn't on the show and she made it to the end. I think that's so odd!

sam515
Learner
Learner

Post by sam515 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:53 pm

MadmoiselleLayla wrote:I really love the couple that sang "Toxic" too, and the guy from NY who was a waiter/happy birthday singer wasn't bad either :) One of my biggest complaints about the show is that they don't show enough good auditions. Does anyone know who Graceanne Parks is(she's a singer/comedian on YouTube- friends with the o2l crowd but lives in Bostin) She auditioned for the X factor, and I hope they show her audition! On a younow she was saying how Camilla from 5th Harmony's audition wasn't on the show and she made it to the end. I think that's so odd!
I love Graceanne! I didn't know she tried out. When did she mention that? I hope they show her.

QueenBeatle6
Talker
Talker

Post by QueenBeatle6 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Angie V wrote:apparently that woman has like 4 albums out and used to be a professional in the 80s under a different name

oh yeah i saw that too! isn't that cheating?

MadmoiselleLayla
Informer
Informer

Post by MadmoiselleLayla » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:57 pm

sam515 wrote:
MadmoiselleLayla wrote:I really love the couple that sang "Toxic" too, and the guy from NY who was a waiter/happy birthday singer wasn't bad either :) One of my biggest complaints about the show is that they don't show enough good auditions. Does anyone know who Graceanne Parks is(she's a singer/comedian on YouTube- friends with the o2l crowd but lives in Bostin) She auditioned for the X factor, and I hope they show her audition! On a younow she was saying how Camilla from 5th Harmony's audition wasn't on the show and she made it to the end. I think that's so odd!
I love Graceanne! I didn't know she tried out. When did she mention that? I hope they show her.
Yay I'm glad you know who she is! That girl deserves so many more subbies/recognition than she has! She's said it on Twitter & YouNow a few times, & she did say she made it through to a couple rounds of auditions, but she was cut sometime before the live shows. I hope they show her too!!

jodilo88
Learner
Learner

Post by jodilo88 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Okay, was anyone else totally in love with the 23-year-old guy that did "A Thousand Years?" I think his name was Tim? <3 <3

And I am SOOOOOO glad to see Jeff Gutt back from last year! <3

tinatat
Talker
Talker

Post by tinatat » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:54 pm

jodilo88 wrote:And I am SOOOOOO glad to see Jeff Gutt back from last year! <3
ME TOO! He was my favourite last year and I was choked when he didn't make it past bootcamp. I actually have his first audition on a playlist on my youtube account.

MadmoiselleLayla
Informer
Informer

Post by MadmoiselleLayla » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:12 pm

jodilo88 wrote:Okay, was anyone else totally in love with the 23-year-old guy that did "A Thousand Years?" I think his name was Tim? <3 <3

And I am SOOOOOO glad to see Jeff Gutt back from last year! <3
YES! During the whole "4 chairs" I was hoping and praying she wouldn't get rd of him! I am so glad he's going to be on the show!

Worldofchances2giveu
Informer
Informer

Post by Worldofchances2giveu » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:08 pm

I don't really like anyone this year. I like all the judges besides Paulina she's like Paula all over again just more dead and zoned out.

Btw what happened to the buzzers?

PyroMakeup
Informer
Informer

Post by PyroMakeup » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Does anyone else besides me think that the 4 chair challenge is kind of publicly humiliating? Like you might get a seat, then that hope and optimism is snatched away quickly when you have to switch. I actually preferred the Bootcamp better than this method.

tinatat
Talker
Talker

Post by tinatat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:47 pm

PyroMakeup wrote:Does anyone else besides me think that the 4 chair challenge is kind of publicly humiliating? Like you might get a seat, then that hope and optimism is snatched away quickly when you have to switch. I actually preferred the Bootcamp better than this method.
YES! I would prefer to not get a seat at all than to be given one and have it snatched away.

This might have been equally cruel but I really liked it when they chose a similar contestant (usually in age and style) and had them sing against each other. It was kinda irrelevant I guess (because who says both can't make it through?) but I enjoyed it.

tinatat
Talker
Talker

Post by tinatat » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Sry for the double post but is anyone watching X factor Australia? I watch all 3 (Aus, UK, USA) on youtube. :)

I am really obsessed with Third D3gree. Every performance is unique and I think they balance each other well. People always seem quick to break them apart and say what each individual is lacking but that is why they make a perfect group. However, their best performances were way before the live shows... No Diggity (bootcamp) and Can't Hold Us (home visit) were the best. They should be allowed to chose their own songs.

It seems like a lot of people are really impressed by Dami... I agree she has a beautiful voice but I think she is really boring. I think X Factor should be about finding someone really unique who has an "x factor" and to me, she just doesn't have it. I'm sure many people feel differently and I do think she deserves to be in the finals but I would be disappointed if she won.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:56 am

Who is going to win? What you think?
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

thatissofetch
Learner
Learner

Post by thatissofetch » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:20 pm

I feel like so many people who could've won have left! Josh Levi (who I initially thought was going to win), khaya, ellona Santiago, Lillie mccloud, jesus christ! There's no one left that I liked from the start.

Well, except Alex and Sierra. I hope either them or Jeff gutt win.

QueenBeatle6
Talker
Talker

Post by QueenBeatle6 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:07 pm

I know! Elonia was one of my favorites and khaya! I hope Alex and Sieria win.

tinatat
Talker
Talker

Post by tinatat » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:58 pm

I am hoping so hard that Jeff Gutt is going to take this but I feel like it'll be Alex and Sierra. I'll never forget Jeff's audition from last season. He is just such a rock star. I like A & S, too... I just wish they were in different seasons and could both win.

sha1234

Post by sha1234 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:21 pm

Anyone watching this season's UK X Factor? I'm glad the panel is Simon, Louie & Cheryl. I really didn't care for Gary etc

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:45 am

I have yet to watch it BUT I have been recording the episodes. I should get on that soon! I didn't mind Gary, but then again I may be biased due to my love for Take That ;) Even though I haven't watched it yet this year the only person on the panel I personally don't care for is Cheryl.

BoomShaka
Informer
Informer

Post by BoomShaka » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:33 am

My favourite on the UK X Factor is Jay James, his voice is so filled with passion he actually made me cry when he sang 'Fix You' :D

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
Image Image

sha1234

Post by sha1234 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:04 pm

Quite a few auditions made me cry...that's the mark of someone singing with pure heart (in my book). The family at the end of Audition 3...esp the grandparents are so damn cute! Girl who sang for her sister made me cry as well.
Auditions 2: The girl with pink hair seems money/fame hungry. If she becomes famous, she's so gonna dump her 50-something year old husband. :s She is quite pretty and cute for a 28yr old though.

Been watching since 2009 or something like that...but I stopped watching UK Xfactor when they all left (cheryl, simon, dani). Cheryl comes off as more of a hardass this season, than in previous years. I used to think Cheryl was so cute and sweet but she seems more full of herself now...a bit annoying. Overall I like the dynamics of the panel this year though, they seem to all get along well. Simon seems to have softened up (must be coz he's a daddy now lol), in a good way.

Return to “X Factor”