RuPaul's Drag Race Season 8

mittenface
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 8

Post by mittenface »

I saw we were posting about S8 queens on S7 and I might as well aid my del-lurking process with a post about my favorite show.

Drag Race is the single biggest reason that I haven't cancelled my cable subscription yet.

I'm honestly impressed by the queens so far this season - even though my favorite has gone home already.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race Season 8

Post by RoseHammer »

I really like Bob and love Naomi Smalls' aesthetic. Thorgy is adorable, and I wish Acid Betty wasn't cast as the "mean one". At least it's better than S7 when all those bitches were at each other's throats.

beetlejuice666
Learner
Learner

Post by beetlejuice666 »

low key rooted for Lightning Mcqueen even tho she was up for elimination twice....im convinced Kim Chi may win this season....Haven't watched this week's episode tho :(

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

Bob rocks! I hope she wins. Everyone else is a yawn for me.

beetlejuice666
Learner
Learner

Post by beetlejuice666 »

okay, just caught up. actually happy Betty left, Kim Chi was falling a bit flat for me. Bob took an extra step and impressed everyone. Rooting for her now :))

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

I hated betty throughout the show but it was kind sad when I watched the untucked. I can't believe 4 queens did a kimono look for a madonna challenge though lmao. I loveeeee kim chi but I don't see her winning :/ she's not really on bobs or thorgys level. and I see naomi leaving soon if she doesn't stop relying on legs lol. and derrick needs to go home 2 episodes ago.

mochikitten
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mochikitten »

I really like Kim Chi for her avant garde looks and her quietly wicked sense of humor, but she still can't dance - in an LSFYL she'd go. I'm actually really into Chi Chi DeVayne; after her Call Me LSFYL I looked up some of her past performances and she is a monster. Dancing, gymnastics, really gets into the performance with her facial expressions, and pretty decent outfits (at least on the Season 8 premiere tour shows I watched, specifically Chicago and.. somewhere in Tx) make her the queen for me.

I like Bob but damn she gets a little annoying. Thorgy is sweet and super talented but she's not getting much good editing and time to shine. I'm ready for Derrick to go home like, yesterday. Bye.

megido
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by megido »

I think Bob will end up winning, with Thorgy and Kim in the top three...I love Kim, but I don't think she'll win. I hope Naomi makes it to the top four, though- she is incredible! I cannot for the life of me figure out how I feel about Derrick. She's talented, sure, but she's stuck in Britney mode and isn't that good at taking criticism. Yikes.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

I kind of feel like naomi+bob+kim chi are top three, their ig and sc show them hanging out a lotttt. Plus I don't think thorgy has won a single challenge yet :/ she's really talented but I don't think she's making it without a win in her pocket. Derrick needs to learn to take criticism she's not wining any miss congeniality contests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

Well Thorgy is gone now, so... :D

I surprisingly like this top 5. Chi Chi and Derrick are my least favourite for now.
I want Kim Chi to win. I appreciate Bob for his all-round talent, but he just comes off as waaaaay too smug in everything that he does and it's annoying as fuck. Naomi is alright, but I'm not usually a fan of skinny queens who use their body as an asset (hey, Violet).

Return to “RuPaul's Drag Race”