Complainleen the Attention-Seeking Queen - Part 9

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Complainleen the Attention-Seeking Queen - Part 9

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Speaking of the box she made for Flynn- where those buttons glued down or anything? I actually thought it was kind of sweet when when she was showing it but then she got to the buttons.. does she not realize that's a huge choking hazard?
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

Zomgshields
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Zomgshields »

Colleen pill bottle for my baby ballinger I vote for the thread name 😂
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light

Juleslikescats14
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Juleslikescats14 »

I’ve never posted here before, but going back to her body update video... I truly do not understand how she can claim that she’s naturally that thin and that her weight is just due to fast metabolism. She’s been a public figure for a looong time, and we can all look back at photos of her from her early career and see that that’s clearly just not true! I bet she does have a fast metabolism because she’s never been overweight, and sure, she’s naturally thin. But she’s NOT naturally emaciated like she is now. It just blows my mind that she can spout lie after lie when we can all see with our own eyes that they’re not true. It’s just like how she acts as if Joshua never existed, and she was never married before. We all witnessed it, but he’s like a ghost to her. I don’t blame him for a second for being so fucked up in the head over this. The extent to which she tries to manipulate things is bizarre. Sorry, I know this has been discussed to death lol.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

following

Kristenberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Kristenberry »

My enthusiastic thread title vote goes to Casamia2 who shared this gem:

‘Sagg’n skin & Dragg’n Flyn all across the lands - The Activeleen body-conscious tour’
Colleen needs parenting classes. Urgently. She is either dumb or recklessly trolling people to keep doubling down on the pill bottles. I've askied around and everyone fricking GASPED at the idea of crafting toys with pill bottles and putting treats in them.

alpacavocado
Lurker
Lurker

Post by alpacavocado »

Craft-leen the Extra-Lean, Choking-Hazard-Manufacturing-Machine

Compellingly vapid
Debater
Debater

Post by Compellingly vapid »

Lean, mean Colleen: Pays her mum minimum wage, never gonna act her age, look at her being a twat on stage!

:)

burgersplease
Learner
Learner

Post by burgersplease »

Watched part of Trisha’s podcast with Colleen and found it so funny how she kept saying “YouTube gets to decide who gets monetized” over and over again as if it was absurd. Of course YouTube gets to decide. It’s THEIR platform. I swear these Youtubers have totally lost touch.

Kristenberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Kristenberry »

burgersplease wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:40 am
Watched part of Trisha’s podcast with Colleen and found it so funny how she kept saying “YouTube gets to decide who gets monetized” over and over again as if it was absurd. Of course YouTube gets to decide. It’s THEIR platform. I swear these Youtubers have totally lost touch.
Unpopular opinion probably but I don't think lifestyle vlogging should be monetized at all ever. They are not REALLY providing a service. It's time consuming to edit but mostly because they are curating a different version of their real selves. Colleen is hopeless. She's not trying. She's clearly phoning it in and doesn't give a shit about her supporters. She is vapid and shallow. She has nothing valuable to offer and still gets paid for it. Screw that. I can't believe this moron worries more about dollar signs than trying to protect exploited children. She should be kissing serious Youtube ass for giving her everything she has and look at this ungrateful bitch. I can't stand her and anyone defending her. Cancel Colleen please!

Juleslikescats14
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Juleslikescats14 »

Kristenberry wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:42 am
burgersplease wrote:
Unpopular opinion probably but I don't think lifestyle vlogging should be monetized at all ever. They are not REALLY providing a service. It's time consuming to edit but mostly because they are curating a different version of their real selves. Colleen is hopeless. She's not trying. She's clearly phoning it in and doesn't give a shit about her supporters. She is vapid and shallow. She has nothing valuable to offer and still gets paid for it. Screw that. I can't believe this moron worries more about dollar signs than trying to protect exploited children. She should be kissing serious Youtube ass for giving her everything she has and look at this ungrateful bitch. I can't stand her and anyone defending her. Cancel Colleen please!
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree! It’s ridiculous how much money some people have made just by whipping out their cameras occasionally as they live their every day lives, exploiting their own families, and uploading videos with minimal editing. And yet, there are people out here working 60+ hour work weeks, some at multiple jobs, just to live paycheck to paycheck. I’m not saying it’s the Youtubers’ fault that this is the reality for many people, but it just doesn’t seem right still.

At least some content creators are actually uploading content with a purpose other than making money, and you can see they put time, effort, and money into their sets, their equipment, their fun editing styles, etc. As an example off the top of my head, I think ASMR creators deserve to be paid for their content. Whether it’s your thing or not, I think we can all agree that the majority of them put in tons of effort to their videos, and that they have helped a huge number of people with coping with insomnia, anxiety, PTSD, and so on.

But then you have these people who are getting paid millions to either just film themselves doing nothing of interest throughout the day, and/or are trying to sell you on lifestyle products under the guise of education. And the very real danger with that is that we get all these people trying to promote certain diets, selling supplements, and advertising bogus products that they don’t even use in every single video. And they don’t even have the credentials to do so. The vast majority of people who make lifestyle content aren’t registered dietitians, psychologists, life coaches, or medical professionals, or whatever else they are essentially claiming to have expertise in.

Colleen and her family aren’t necessarily trying to sell us on their lifestyles, but they definitely fall into the category of people who get paid an absurd amount of money to film themselves doing nothing interesting or helpful. It actually repulses me how much money Colleen and her brother have made off of YouTube, and yet, they still feel entitled to more. They can claim “We do care about protecting children from pedophiles, but...” all they want, but they clearly don’t even care enough to protect their own children—and in fact are the ones exploiting them themselves. So forgive me if I don’t believe that they care about anybody else’s kids.

P.S. I apologize for the novel length reply. 😅

Shellgoss89
Informer
Informer

Post by Shellgoss89 »

Kristenberry wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:19 pm

‘Sagg’n skin & Dragg’n Flyn all across the lands - The Activeleen body-conscious tour’
Colleen needs parenting classes. Urgently. She is either dumb or recklessly trolling people to keep doubling down on the pill bottles. I've askied around and everyone fricking GASPED at the idea of crafting toys with pill bottles and putting treats in them.

Great name suggestion lol

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

I totally agree that family vlogging shouldn't be monetized. So many of them care more about dollar signs than their kids. My daughter was in the ER over the weekend, and the LAST thing I thought about was filming it. The Family Fun Pack makes millions from just filming their kids and putting it on the internet. And they actually accept gifts from viewers! And most of the kids seem like they are going to have some serious issues when they are older. They've had their childhoods sold out, and what should be private moments used as clickbait.
What gets me the most is the cult of personality that springs up around the Youtubers. People seem to want to believe that they really are fun, kind people like they pretend to be, and there are viewers who actually believe that say, the Griffiths are good mothers. They take it all at face value and don't see the cracks in the facade or the difference between what they say and what they do. You can post all over Instagram about how much you love your kids, but if they have holes in their shoes while you shop at Nordstrom, or you risk their safety, or feed them insufficient meals while you order Uber Eats after they've gone to bed, I'm going to go by your actions, not your words.
Sorry for ranting. It just makes me so angry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kristenberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Kristenberry »

lmmomSD wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:54 pm
I totally agree that family vlogging shouldn't be monetized. So many of them care more about dollar signs than their kids. My daughter was in the ER over the weekend, and the LAST thing I thought about was filming it. The Family Fun Pack makes millions from just filming their kids and putting it on the internet. And they actually accept gifts from viewers! And most of the kids seem like they are going to have some serious issues when they are older. They've had their childhoods sold out, and what should be private moments used as clickbait.
What gets me the most is the cult of personality that springs up around the Youtubers. People seem to want to believe that they really are fun, kind people like they pretend to be, and there are viewers who actually believe that say, the Griffiths are good mothers. They take it all at face value and don't see the cracks in the facade or the difference between what they say and what they do. You can post all over Instagram about how much you love your kids, but if they have holes in their shoes while you shop at Nordstrom, or you risk their safety, or feed them insufficient meals while you order Uber Eats after they've gone to bed, I'm going to go by your actions, not your words.

I agree with everything you wrote and it makes me so angry too!! It's bad enough that people like Colleen even exist but she's also treated like a role model She is influencing a lot of people. I find her fans as repulsive as her at this point. I can see why she may have fooled people initially but there's no excuse to defend her now. I don't want to raise my sweet son in a culture of youtube worshippers.

I want to clairfy that there are youtube personalities that are creating things that warrant compensating. Political commentary shows, comedy, etc. Things with production value are valid. Even Miranda Sings is arguably a comedy thing that she put time and energy into. Fine, whatever, but cashing in on filming your curated life is disturbing. It horrifies me and yet it's so popular.

Who are the Griffiths? Is that Ellie from Ellie and Jared? They were the first and only family vloggers that I stumbled upon before Colleen. It was immediately bizarre to me but somewhat innocent in the beginning. They seemed like a nice family. Humble living space, possibly well intentioned, but they turned into something so gross. I tapped out early on and saw what they've devolved into recently.
I think she has a sister and they are both shills for dumb beauty products. It all seems like such a money making charade.

Rsbngl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Rsbngl »

burgersplease wrote:
THANK YOU! I've seen other YouTubers make similar comments regarding COPPA and the pedophilia issue. Do they not realise Youtube wants to monetize everything????? Dear Jessica and Colleen, YouTube also wants to make money off of Parker doing gymnastics but there is no money without advertisers.

And every time she makes that argument that demonitizing videos featuring children makes it easier for pedophiles to watch I lose 10 brain cells.

Colleen: OF COURSE I want children to be safe. But YOUTUBE is only punishing creators and not protecting kids from pedophiles

Guess what protects the kids Colleen? NOT POSTING THEM ON THE INTERNET. And YouTube has no control over that

Casamia2
Learner
Learner

Post by Casamia2 »

Kristenberry wrote:

Thank you dear! ☺️💕🙏🏻😘
Seems touring is about to commence again (what a prediction!! 😆)
....& the flexing, body-checks & pre-pubescent crop-top mania will kick into high gear as well.
No time to eat folks, gotta flaunt the gaunt 🤦🏻‍♀️

liz
Debater
Debater

Post by liz »

Rsbngl wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:34 pm
burgersplease wrote:
THANK YOU! I've seen other YouTubers make similar comments regarding COPPA and the pedophilia issue. Do they not realise Youtube wants to monetize everything????? Dear Jessica and Colleen, YouTube also wants to make money off of Parker doing gymnastics but there is no money without advertisers.

And every time she makes that argument that demonitizing videos featuring children makes it easier for pedophiles to watch I lose 10 brain cells.

Colleen: OF COURSE I want children to be safe. But YOUTUBE is only punishing creators and not protecting kids from pedophiles

Guess what protects the kids Colleen? NOT POSTING THEM ON THE INTERNET. And YouTube has no control over that
Wtf? I guess her brain can't function correctly anymore.
HOW does that make it easier? Because if they had to watch ads it wouldn't be easy to just watch?
Guess what Colleen, you can go incognito, watch on another website, use an adblocker, have YouTube Premium or whatever it's called or simply download a video to not watch ads.
Is she kidding?
If she doesn't want pedophiles to have an easy game on youtube, she could start by telling Jessica and herself to not put up content that appeals to them.

This family really can't hide how money hungry they are.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

Kristenberry wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:54 pm

I agree with everything you wrote and it makes me so angry too!! It's bad enough that people like Colleen even exist but she's also treated like a role model She is influencing a lot of people. I find her fans as repulsive as her at this point. I can see why she may have fooled people initially but there's no excuse to defend her now. I don't want to raise my sweet son in a culture of youtube worshippers.

I want to clairfy that there are youtube personalities that are creating things that warrant compensating. Political commentary shows, comedy, etc. Things with production value are valid. Even Miranda Sings is arguably a comedy thing that she put time and energy into. Fine, whatever, but cashing in on filming your curated life is disturbing. It horrifies me and yet it's so popular.

Who are the Griffiths? Is that Ellie from Ellie and Jared? They were the first and only family vloggers that I stumbled upon before Colleen. It was immediately bizarre to me but somewhat innocent in the beginning. They seemed like a nice family. Humble living space, possibly well intentioned, but they turned into something so gross. I tapped out early on and saw what they've devolved into recently.
I think she has a sister and they are both shills for dumb beauty products. It all seems like such a money making charade.
Yes, the Griffiths are Ellie, and her sisters Bonnie and Ruby. They've turned into greedy, shallow, terrible parents, but people worship them and look up to them as parenting role models. I think it's because they talk a good game in Instagram posts about motherhood. But their actions don't match their words, and for some reason, people can't see that. Even their mom has started a channel!
Bringing it back to Colleen, I agree that even Miranda required some effort and creativity. And there are definitely creators who do put effort into their channels. But the "family vlogging" is basically low budget reality TV. The difference is that reality TV plays up the imperfections of the families-- drama gets more views. And it's ok to dislike the Kardashians for example. But don't ever say anything remotely negative about Youtubers. You'll get swarmed by the people who can't see that what they're watching is curated and edited just like reality TV, except instead of creating drama (although they do create some drama for views) they edit to make their families appear perfect. No bickering, happy children and loving, "fun" parents. And yes, the best way to protect your children from pedophiles is to not upload videos and pictures of them to public sites. When my kids were little, social media was just getting to be big. And everything about keeping them safe said not to put pictures of them on public accounts. And now people do it for money. Pretty nuts.

lawchick29
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lawchick29 »

Casamia2 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:58 am
Kristenberry wrote:

Thank you dear! ☺️💕🙏🏻😘
....& the flexing, body-checks & pre-pubescent crop-top mania will kick into high gear as well.
The only video I ever want to see from Colleen is one where she burns all of her stupid crop tops and swears to never buy another one. :lol:

Casamia2
Learner
Learner

Post by Casamia2 »

lawchick29 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:10 am
Casamia2 wrote:
Kristenberry wrote:

Thank you dear! ☺️💕🙏🏻😘
The only video I ever want to see from Colleen is one where she burns all of her stupid crop tops and swears to never buy another one. :lol:
😝 Heheee, Yesss! 👍🏻 And there shall be a minute of silence all over the globe in recognition of this epic sacrifice!! ....But Coal-een needs to do more than burn crop tops - she needs to cut apron strings too!

Snip snip with ALL the extra people inside her marriage. Keep your friends and family outside your marital home. I mean, invite them sometimes, but this isn’t a sorority Sis, this is setting boundaries and adulting - for growth, maturity and true intimacy. Flyn however is the perfect foil/distraction for all her co-dependency issues, his cuteness seemingly excuses all her bad behaviour. But her neurosis affects everyone. I view both her & Eric as smug sloths who: feed off each other, recognize their limited, d-grade acting abilities/statuses, enjoyed their guilt-free shagathon (while Josh was having a break-down) & lap up their easy likes, hits & views from juveniles. Their propensity to lay about, burp, fart & fondle a camera has ‘entitled’ them to cash in on ‘baby-mania’. But I ask you ...who are the babies?

Don’t get me started on personal hygiene, nutrition & wandering buttons...I’ve seen crèches/kindergartens in developing countries that have higher standards & requirements than these two Plebs

Hannable_97
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Hannable_97 »

Casamia2 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:44 pm
lawchick29 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:10 am
Casamia2 wrote:
Kristenberry wrote:

Thank you dear! ☺️💕🙏🏻😘
😝 Heheee, Yesss! 👍🏻 And there shall be a minute of silence all over the globe in recognition of this epic sacrifice!! ....But Coal-een needs to do more than burn crop tops - she needs to cut apron strings too!

Snip snip with ALL the extra people inside her marriage. Keep your friends and family outside your marital home. I mean, invite them sometimes, but this isn’t a sorority Sis, this is setting boundaries and adulting - for growth, maturity and true intimacy. Flyn however is the perfect foil/distraction for all her co-dependency issues, his cuteness seemingly excuses all her bad behaviour. But her neurosis affects everyone. I view both her & Eric as smug sloths who: feed off each other, recognize their limited, d-grade acting abilities/statuses, enjoyed their guilt-free shagathon (while Josh was having a break-down) & lap up their easy likes, hits & views from juveniles. Their propensity to lay about, burp, fart & fondle a camera has ‘entitled’ them to cash in on ‘baby-mania’. But I ask you ...who are the babies?

Don’t get me started on personal hygiene, nutrition & wandering buttons...I’ve seen crèches/kindergartens in developing countries that have higher standards & requirements than these two Plebs

Oh god their hygiene is reprehensible. Her and Rachel always seem to brag about how they don’t wash their hands even before cooking food FOR THEIR WHOLE FAMILY. Seriously wtf is wrong with these people did Tim and Gwen never teach them good hygiene?

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”