PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 2

Re: PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 2

Post by Guest »

laser_sax wrote:
EmmyRed wrote:
Shiittaco wrote:The videos with Rachel irritate the hell out of me. "Look at us we're two hot sisters touching eachother!!!!!" And the thumbnails just make it 100x worse. Her thumbnails in general are very clickbait/attention whore-ish. Miranda was great around 2010-11, but it's gotten so old now and Colleen has turned into such a snotty brat, I can't watch her or the Miranda videos anymore. I always thought it was funny how good of friends Josh and Julien are and they were clearly at each other's houses a lot, but Jenna and Colleen never really became good friends, most likely because Jenna sees right though her, too.
But they're not hot. :D I do think Colleen has a pretty face, but really compared to many other girls they're just average.
Colleen's face always kinda looked weird to me. I realized that her mouth is so big in comparison to her face, which is accented by the red lipstick she wears even when she isn't Miranda.
I think she lost weight and she looks weird and im kinda worried now. :/

ackack
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ackack »

YouslessTube wrote:
ackack wrote:Umm not quite how it went down, live stream for 2nd August she berates him for not getting the dog before she goes away. The tweets you posted were from when it all went pear shaped.
Rebelheart311 wrote:She wanted him to get a dog. Josh wasn't going to, but she told him he could. He wanted a dog and they talked about it.
I'll try to find the post but someone here posted about Josh feeling alone, wanting to have company & someone to come home to so I got the impression that she was against it & he adopted the dog when she was away plus I happened to see her angry/dramatic tweets about "dog poo/pee everywhere" whilst scrolling her twitter.
This is the video, 1:30 onwards.
https://youtu.be/q5x3kPV_1Q0

HTKVlogs
Lurker
Lurker

Post by HTKVlogs »

The first post I made about this & the moving boxes/suitcases never ended up showing up here so I'm going to try to recreate it. I had tried posting over the weekend about how the moving boxes were filled with Miranda merch. Which of course some of you have mentioned now. If you look close at the suitcases at the end of the Ballinger's video, you'll see they were filled with merch as well. Kory & Jake are going through it & it's all merch stuff. Colleen probably had all of that there from when she came home from her overseas tour & Josh decided it'd really add a level of drama to his filming backdrop. I had already found that to be playing on his fan's emotions & then to find out they weren't even his boxes, ticked me off.

Now.. I noticed this in Colleen's vlogs & I have a theory that the decision to divorce, or at least the first time she mentioned it "for real" to Josh was during her overseas tour. She posted that "An emotional day" video where she's just crying & crying & I'm thinking that's when she either a) told him or b) they had the fight that broke the camels back. Because right after that, her dad & Rachel joined them on tour to surprise her mom & I'm guessing that's when she told her family of the decision because in the video posted on Aug. 24th, "My Hair Is Falling Out", that's when the Hawaiian band was removed, never to be seen again.(Except in pre-recorded videos on her main channel.) Since Josh & Collen both said those were the rings they most cherished & he obviously would have noticed she took it off, I think that was when it was official. It would all make sense with the time of when all the drama kicked in. The weekend after she got home from the tour was when all the Twitter unfollowing started with Rebecca.. which probably just means she made a nasty comment to Colleen about hurting Josh.

Obviously this is just my theory, but I do find it very, very telling that that ring was removed prior to the official announcement.

kiki
Debater
Debater

Post by kiki »

as a few of you have said, that oreo challenge video is painful to watch. after watching their anniversary vlog again, as someone mentioned, it also looks pretty bad. Colleen just seems like she could not care less.

she's obviously not a very emotional person, and they've both got an immature sense of humor but can she EVER be serious with him? that must have caused problems between them, and not sure how that part of her personality will work with any other guy either.

as for the lesion speculation... I'd be pretty surprised but not totally shocked. her sister definitely comes off (to me) as a little gay, and Colleen seems similar in some ways... but it'd be pretty unlikely for her to be this age, gay, and married to a man. not impossible, of course, but unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

kiki
Debater
Debater

Post by kiki »

also, completely off topic and I'm only a casual viewer which means I don't lurk thus thread often so maybe it's been discussed many times over, but does anyone else find the way she pronounces her name weird??? my middle name is colleen, I know many people with the name and they all pronounce it "call leen", not "Coe leen" or "cah-lin".... just has always driven me nuts on every single video i watch of hers...

idontthinkso
Learner
Learner

Post by idontthinkso »

manuelcosta wrote:I follow colleen/miranda for years (way before they got engaged and josh created is own channel). I always thought they weren't right for each other!

She, alone, created a following for Miranda, Herself and all the other members of her family and some close friends! Can you imagine the pressure she has on her shoulders? If she goes down, everybody goes down!

When people say that she works/tours a lot, well, thats what she's being doing for the last 5 or more years, as long as i follow her, she always is on tour and running around, trying to build her career in LA. Her success isn't random, she worked a lot to get where she's now and, if she wants to maintain this level of success, she needs to work even harder.

Josh has always been jealous of Colleen success, he always wanted to reach higher but never put in the work to get there. His fanbase are colleen/miranda fans, he never built something of his own, thats why nobody took him seriously. Let's be honest, if he didn't have the Colleen connection, he would never reach 1million subscribers.

For me, this divorce was all about that, she wants to continue working hard while he wants to stay home and live off the YT money. Look at what happened to Glozell, she decided to slow down to start a family and her channel suffered (she has almost 4.5million subscribers and most of her videos barely made 100k views). But Glozell now has a baby and i bet she's happy with her decision, but is that what Colleen whants? Can you blame her for wanting to have a longer career? I bet she wants to have kids too, but come on, do you really expect that she would slow down on the most important moment of her career?

As for Josh, i don't feel sorry for him, i don't wish nothing bad for him, but i'm not sad! He's losing something that he never truly worked hard to have!
I'm sorry but I disagree. Josh has been nothing but supportive of Colleen and has showered her with compliments and encouragement throughout the years. He would always mention her book when it was out, the Netflix show, her nominations and awards, and has pretty much consistently supported her.

I don't think he is jealous at all, nor that he is lazy and doesn't work hard. I think that if as you say Colleen just wanted to work work work, that's fine, but then she shouldn't have married the guy. I don't know how old you are or your experience with marriage, but I can assure you that once you marry someone, expectations shift, as they should. You form a family and you vow to take care of each other and make the other person the most important thing on the planet, and it's not just to make people cry at the ceremony - it must be for real; and I'm not saying she shouldn't have made the Netflix show, because of course she should have and I also think Josh really wanted her to work with Netflix, but perhaps she could have avoided the (undersold and redundant) Miranda tour in September and November, and take some time off to take care of her own health and personal life, if she wanted one.

Colleen wants to work 100% of her time - fine, her choice. But don't promise what you know you can't keep, don't put lockers on a stupid bridge promising that 'she'll always choose him' when she clearly hasn't and doesn't want to.

As for Josh and his channel, I really hope he finds the way to find his own voice as a talented adult.

myloginname
Learner
Learner

Post by myloginname »

During the wedding of Josh and Colleen around 7:05 mark Colleen is talking to Josh about her vows and said it was difficult for her to write her own vows because it was "really emotional" so Bailey and Jacob wrote them. Well, IMO it seems there are few times more appropriate to be emotional, open and raw than when writing vows to the person you are marrying.

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles »

kiki wrote:also, completely off topic and I'm only a casual viewer which means I don't lurk thus thread often so maybe it's been discussed many times over, but does anyone else find the way she pronounces her name weird??? my middle name is colleen, I know many people with the name and they all pronounce it "call leen", not "Coe leen" or "cah-lin".... just has always driven me nuts on every single video i watch of hers...
I literally have always thought this! I've known a few Colleens in my life and have never heard this pronunciation. I'm sure a lot of people think this too

idontthinkso
Learner
Learner

Post by idontthinkso »

The part where he talks about braking up with Colleen:

I hope he looks back to that and realise that this divorce is a blessing in disguise.

poodle poo
Stalker
Stalker

Post by poodle poo »

idontthinkso wrote:The part where he talks about braking up with Colleen:

I hope he looks back to that and realise that this divorce is a blessing in disguise.
Lol! I was just about to post this. IMO his draw my life explains a lot! The last 10 minutes. I feel it was the same thing all over again except Colleen didn't choose Josh this time around.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

manuelcosta wrote:I follow colleen/miranda for years (way before they got engaged and josh created is own channel). I always thought they weren't right for each other!

She, alone, created a following for Miranda, Herself and all the other members of her family and some close friends! Can you imagine the pressure she has on her shoulders? If she goes down, everybody goes down!

When people say that she works/tours a lot, well, thats what she's being doing for the last 5 or more years, as long as i follow her, she always is on tour and running around, trying to build her career in LA. Her success isn't random, she worked a lot to get where she's now and, if she wants to maintain this level of success, she needs to work even harder.

Josh has always been jealous of Colleen success, he always wanted to reach higher but never put in the work to get there. His fanbase are colleen/miranda fans, he never built something of his own, thats why nobody took him seriously. Let's be honest, if he didn't have the Colleen connection, he would never reach 1million subscribers.

For me, this divorce was all about that, she wants to continue working hard while he wants to stay home and live off the YT money. Look at what happened to Glozell, she decided to slow down to start a family and her channel suffered (she has almost 4.5million subscribers and most of her videos barely made 100k views). But Glozell now has a baby and i bet she's happy with her decision, but is that what Colleen whants? Can you blame her for wanting to have a longer career? I bet she wants to have kids too, but come on, do you really expect that she would slow down on the most important moment of her career?

As for Josh, i don't feel sorry for him, i don't wish nothing bad for him, but i'm not sad! He's losing something that he never truly worked hard to have!
Are you f*king serious? WTF do you expect Josh to do exactly? Worship her & set up a shrine? Wash her feet & wipe her ass when she gets back after months of touring? I don't understand why you're blaming Josh. They aren't children to be worried about who's gonna win the fame & money race. They got married FFS. It's clear she chose work over him. I've seen a ton of career oriented people who are workaholics, successful & happily married. No one's bashing her for working her hard. Josh is definitely NOT jealous of her success, did you not watch his video? He was ready to work through the differences but she chose to divorce him, she dropped him cause she thought he was meddling with her work but didn't realize that he only wanted to spend time with her, but she worked on videos even when she was home instead of spending time with her hubby. Josh didn't want to sabotage her success, he was always proud even when he was hurting. She realized a bit too late that she wanted a career & wasn't making him happy by stringing him along & making him wait at home. If he was jealous of her success, fame & money, he would've picked fights constantly bout her being away, made her stay home & gotten her pregnant. Also, I'm sure he & his family have enough money in their banks & don't rely on Colleen's youtube money. That's just a really stupid assumption. Josh wasn't homeless or broke before he met Colleen.

EmmyRed
Learner
Learner

Post by EmmyRed »

kiki wrote:as a few of you have said, that oreo challenge video is painful to watch. after watching their anniversary vlog again, as someone mentioned, it also looks pretty bad. Colleen just seems like she could not care less.

she's obviously not a very emotional person, and they've both got an immature sense of humor but can she EVER be serious with him? that must have caused problems between them, and not sure how that part of her personality will work with any other guy either.

as for the lesion speculation... I'd be pretty surprised but not totally shocked. her sister definitely comes off (to me) as a little gay, and Colleen seems similar in some ways... but it'd be pretty unlikely for her to be this age, gay, and married to a man. not impossible, of course, but unlikely.

Also, with others saying she's a lesbian, what reason does she have to still be in the closet? She's very accepting of gay people, she talks about it on her channel, so if her fans don't have a problem with that I don't see why they'd have a problem with her being gay. Also, Kory is gay and no one around her has a problem with him. So if she's gay, I don't really see the point of her hiding it. I know some have said her family is "conservative" but I really just don't believe they're as conservative as some want to believe, because from what I know about them I can't get where they'd be conservative at all, I know they're Christians, but that doesn't mean conservative.

niko88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by niko88 »

As silly as it is to be so invested in an online couple, I think it's because they got married a month before I did that I was shocked by the divorce announcement. (My hubby and I are happy and expecting(!!) so we're in a much different boat.) If I had to spend the majority of my first year of marriage completely apart I know it would take a toll on our relationship but the point is after you make those vows, you try your hardest. I feel so bad for Josh ... Colleen's main priority is always her career and their relationship just fell to the wayside.

As much as they hated the house they were renting, I feel like they were so much happier then, and when they bought their huge mansion and never spent any time together in it ... that must have been so hard.

These are complete assumptions, but I have a feeling that during Playlist, Josh confided in Rebecca about his marital struggles and that set Colleen off when Rebecca brought it up to her and made Colleen realize that her career is #1 and she would never make Josh 100% happy ... he always seemed to have supported her, but I can't blame him for wanting to be able to spend more than few days here and there together.

Fruitcake
Learner
Learner

Post by Fruitcake »

[youtube][/youtube]

He posted this in 2013. I'm assuming he's talking about his breakup with Colleen towards the end. He probably filmed this when he started feeling better after they broke up for the first time (?). Notice how he says 'my ex toyed with my heart during the breakup'. Ouch.

Well, at least he knows the steps... :(

I like his style in this video. He looks strong and confident. His content was interesting. It's completely different from his last videos. His self esteem seems to have gone downhill in the last few years, and so has his channel.

I think his relationship with Colleen got the best of him. The break up took a huge toll in his self-love. He spent 9 months chasing her without result... Then he went through the whole healing process, he got a lot better and she came back. He inmediately took her back, and she probably learned that she would always get her way. My guess is that he became very insecure about the posibility of losing her again while she became more and more self absorbed and full of herself. Their relationship revolved entirely around her. If you take a look at vids like the infamous 'Oreo Challenge'... he's a pale shadow of his former self. He's willing to let her disrespect him. It had to end.

Like you guys said, this will probably be a blessing for him in the long run.
English is my second language!

idontthinkso
Learner
Learner

Post by idontthinkso »

EmmyRed wrote:
kiki wrote:as a few of you have said, that oreo challenge video is painful to watch. after watching their anniversary vlog again, as someone mentioned, it also looks pretty bad. Colleen just seems like she could not care less.

Also, with others saying she's a lesbian, what reason does she have to still be in the closet? She's very accepting of gay people, she talks about it on her channel, so if her fans don't have a problem with that I don't see why they'd have a problem with her being gay. Also, Kory is gay and no one around her has a problem with him. So if she's gay, I don't really see the point of her hiding it. I know some have said her family is "conservative" but I really just don't believe they're as conservative as some want to believe, because from what I know about them I can't get where they'd be conservative at all, I know they're Christians, but that doesn't mean conservative.
Yeah, she literally has NO reason for having been in the closet all her life: no one around her would have cared if she just came out whenever she was ready to. She even says that coming out should be a no big deal for anyone who identifies as gay, as sexual orientation doesn't matter one bit. She is defo not a lesbian - she only confessed in a colleenscorner that she has girl crushes... but who doesn't!! Would have been a juicy piece of gossip, sure, but it just ain't real.

Tog4life
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Tog4life »

You know what... Watching this in hindsight I really do believe her time in Canada was a trial separation...

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

Tog4life wrote:You know what... Watching this in hindsight I really do believe her time in Canada was a trial separation...
That's what I was thinking when I first watched it. I made a comment about it before the announcement that it seemed odd. When I first watched it I was like uhm .. there's planes? and it's still on the same continent, there's no reason to be this upset. Watching it after the announcement it made it clear that something deeper was going on. And how he dyed his hair when she was gone but as soon as he knew he was going to Canada to see her he dyed his hair back to brown "because that's what she likes best" it just seemed so final in a way, his farewell and then the vlog of him going to Canada it just seemed like this was a bigger deal than just "I'm going to Canada for work" or "I'm gonna go visit my wife" it seemed like the last time was a test to see if the separation was really working. I feel for him I really do. I have been in that position and have seen friends be in that position and it just sucks. You can do anything in your power to make your end of the relationship work but if the other side wants it to end then it feels like an avalanche and there's nothing you can do to stop it but watch and let it fall apart.

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

Fruitcake wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

He posted this in 2013. I'm assuming he's talking about his breakup with Colleen towards the end. He probably filmed this when he started feeling better after they broke up for the first time (?). Notice how he says 'my ex toyed with my heart during the breakup'. Ouch.

I like his style in this video. He looks strong and confident. His content was interesting. It's completely different from his last videos. His self esteem seems to have gone downhill in the last few years, and so has his channel.

I think his relationship with Colleen got the best of him. The break up took a huge toll in his self-love. He spent 9 months chasing her without result... Then he went through the whole healing process, he got a lot better and she came back. He inmediately took her back, and she probably learned that she would always get her way. My guess is that he became very insecure about the posibility of losing her again while she became more and more self absorbed and full of herself. Their relationship revolved entirely around her. If you take a look at vids like the infamous 'Oreo Challenge'... he's a pale shadow of his former self. He's willing to let her disrespect him. It had to end.

Wow, I've never seen this video but it does match up to what he said about the break up in the draw my life video. Pretty sure it's Colleen. I know most people don't take their own advice and the "situation is different" but I hope he at least glances at that video and does go back to therapy if needed. And as the poster said it is good he knows the steps but so sad he is going through this with the same person.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Fruitcake wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

THANK YOU. You took the words right outta my mouth. I 100% agree. I also watched his 'draw my life' vid & he's so nice, hard working & sweet, that video is a slap in the face for people who say he doesn't/didn't work hard :roll: In the vid he mentioned Colleen broke up with him when he went to Michigan cause he got the opportunity to work on music or a show, yet he tried getting back with her for 9 fucking months. If that's not true love then idk what it is. My 1st ex moved in with the girl he was cheating on me with the day we broke up & my 2nd ex moved on within a month :| Now the tables have turned & Colleen's getting big opportunities, traveling/staying in other countries for shows & she doesn't want Josh to come in b/w her career & got ready to divorce him for her career :roll: I feel so strongly for Josh is cause I've been in such a relationship where I would let the guy disrespect me, play with my emotions yet go back to him but thankfully for me I ended it within 1yr. It took a lot of healing, rebounds & self love but I'm still unsure of relationships & haven't been able to date since 5yrs. If there was a phobia for relationships, I'd have it. Hope Josh finds peace & love again cause boy is hurting real bad & would get back with Colleen in a jiffy.

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

I'm watching his old stuff now and I gotta say I find him actually really funny lol. I'm biting my lip trying not to laugh at work on my lunch break.
I think his music will come along. I think he's lost confidence and it's been wavering for the last few years but if you go back to his older songs I really like them. Current songs his Imagine video and the 7 Years cover I really enjoy.

I think when/if he comes back the channel will take after Matt Slays and Julien and I am so excited!!

I wanna see Erin's new video but I keep forgetting it's on California time lol ahhhh!

I miss shadow ):

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”