PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 2

mel_1994
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 2

Post by mel_1994 »

I'm going to rewatch the proposal and then the wedding and then get really sad :(

rozumikl
Learner
Learner

Post by rozumikl »

I was kind of thinking the same thing about the whole producer thing that's why I wanted to watch it :D
Im hoping someone saved it and will re-upload it haha

anechronl
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by anechronl »

Lurker of this thread for quite awhile and wanted to give out my opinion of things.

Some people are saying that its weird that Colleen's family is staying with her at HER house. Yes, Josh did leave, more than likely because his support system is in Georgia, where he probably wants to be. I don't think its disrespectful of Colleen to live there while hes gone. Especially if she has to pack the house. My family is always there for eachother. Super tight knit like the Ballingers. It makes absolute sense that they are there with her at this extremely difficult time. Its her first night in what was her and her husband's home, packed full of memories. I would need my family there with me and they would all be there in a heartbeat. I think its completely normal that they are there.

Some are also speculating that Rachel and Chris said "had to happen".. but they would know best the ins and out of the 7 year relationship. They've seen all the ups and downs. We have only seen the downs. I was truly heartbroken when they announced divorce and I was one of the fans thinking 'Why don't they work on it?' and praying it was for publicity. But after watching Rachels livesteam last night, I feel 100% that this is real. Rachel put my mind at ease by saying it needed to happen. Colleen probably tried for as long as she could. There are some people that won't give up on someone no matter what happened, and that person is Josh. Someone had to stop it if they weren't happy. I am sure Colleen made this decision for his benefit as well, and she is so strong for doing so. I am not siding with either one. I wish them both so much happiness and I hope that Josh is able to come back after he heals. But thats my peace, I just wanted to share it!

anechronl
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by anechronl »

Lurker of this thread for quite awhile and wanted to give out my opinion of things.

Some people are saying that its weird that Colleen's family is staying with her at HER house. Yes, Josh did leave, more than likely because his support system is in Georgia, where he probably wants to be. I don't think its disrespectful of Colleen to live there while hes gone. Especially if she has to pack the house. My family is always there for eachother. Super tight knit like the Ballingers. It makes absolute sense that they are there with her at this extremely difficult time. Its her first night in what was her and her husband's home, packed full of memories. I would need my family there with me and they would all be there in a heartbeat. I think its completely normal that they are there.

Some are also speculating that Rachel and Chris said "had to happen".. but they would know best the ins and out of the 7 year relationship. They've seen all the ups and downs. We have only seen the ups*. I was truly heartbroken when they announced divorce and I was one of the fans thinking 'Why don't they work on it?' and praying it was for publicity. But after watching Rachels livesteam last night, I feel 100% that this is real. Rachel put my mind at ease by saying it needed to happen. Colleen probably tried for as long as she could. There are some people that won't give up on someone no matter what happened, and that person is Josh. Someone had to stop it if they weren't happy. I am sure Colleen made this decision for his benefit as well, and she is so strong for doing so. I am not siding with either one. I wish them both so much happiness and I hope that Josh is able to come back after he heals. But thats my peace, I just wanted to share it!

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

mel_1994 wrote:I'm going to rewatch the proposal and then the wedding and then get really sad :(
Already did. Mistake. MISTAKE. He looked so happy and God, he never really had to walk away from her and now he has to. I don't think she'll change her mind. At least not in 9 months like the last time she dumped him. I hate she has all the say. But I was in a relationship like that too. I was the Joshua in the relationship twice. It sucks. I hope he can be strong and move on and realize maybe this relationship was holding him back. Not personally but with the fan base he got from her and them wanting the same type of videos like Colleen was doing. I think the divorce will give him the freedom he needs to get his channel and career where he's been wanting it to go.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

He needs someone who will be able to balance work and relationships. She seems to see them as priorities but I really think people should try to find a balance instead of prioritizing one thing over the other, because that's how you lose one of the two.

ativan
Learner
Learner

Post by ativan »

im not even the tiniest bit surprised that people are saying she's a lesbian; ive thought so since i first watched her. takes one to know one, and all that.

heyletsgossip
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by heyletsgossip »

ativan wrote:im not even the tiniest bit surprised that people are saying she's a lesbian; ive thought so since i first watched her. takes one to know one, and all that.
any specific reason why you think that or are you just going off of gaydar haha

charlottevdb
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by charlottevdb »

Divorce is a sad thing and I feel bad for them for sure.

I have to say I'm a little surprised that they are jumping straight to divorce. I guess you could consider her time in Vancouver a separation if they were discussing it then, but if they still love each other like they say they do I would think they could try a legitimate separation first.

Also, THANK GOD they did not have kids. I think they obviously had different ideas on the kind of marriage they were expecting but if they had brought kids into this it would have been much worse.

I think it's entirely possible that neither of them cheated. Spending so much time apart in the first year of marriage is never a good idea. I know every marriage is different but I think as newlyweds it's a really important time to be spending together. Being apart so much could have been a catastrophic mistake.

tuskvegas
Informer
Informer

Post by tuskvegas »

i've been thinking about it, and i think that the whole unfollow fiasco was linked to brad's prank (if he isn't just talking shit). i'm thinking that maybe a text of josh and Rebecca was sent as a joke (in a "compromising" position), and everyone but colleen was in on it. Maybe there was a snarky comment attached or something and kory seized the opportunity to hype it up in colleens head, making it worse than it was, hence her feeling betrayed and unfollowing etc.

but idk, the imagination goes wild when you have very little to go on!

rorocutie
Learner
Learner

Post by rorocutie »

Someone pointed out that Colleen is wearing the same shirt in this video as she is in the divorce vid. Coincidence or nah?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

rorocutie wrote:
Someone pointed out that Colleen is wearing the same shirt in this video as she is in the divorce vid. Coincidence or nah?
The videos were definitely filmed in advance (and probably reviewed by both - and others - before posting at the same time on Friday).

Also, I think things fell apart around January. The "fun" of being newlyweds wore off, the holiday season was over and they were never the same couple again. Josh looked so miserable in their anniversary video. It's just so obvious that this divorce has been in the works for months.

dumdeedum
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by dumdeedum »

ativan wrote:im not even the tiniest bit surprised that people are saying she's a lesbian; ive thought so since i first watched her. takes one to know one, and all that.
I'm gay but Colleen never pinged for me at all, tbh. I mean, now that I've seen people talking about it on here, her being a lesbian would actually make sense but I'd still be a bit surprised if it was true. But then again, Ingrid Nilsen came out as a lesbian and no other coming out would probably surprise me as much as that had.

ativan
Learner
Learner

Post by ativan »

heyletsgossip wrote:
if youre asking if she's personally called me to let me know she's dating a chick, she hasnt, ive just been gay almost 23 years now and have a pretty solid gaydar. she pings me.

rememberthis
Talker
Talker

Post by rememberthis »

I've been going back and watching some of her/their older videos, since I stopped watching her stuff sometime in 2015 and started again around the time she went to Vancouver to film, and was struck by the drastic change in her personality.

I've been trying to figure out when it happened, but so far the main thing that I'm noticing is that she seemed so much happier before 2016. She just had a much happier look & vibe to her in her videos. I know the stress & exhaustion of filming HBO was a factor, but even in the months before that she seemed different. The marriage problems must have really contributed. I hope we start to see happy Colleen again after this. Honestly, as much as everyone says that her never being home played a part in the destruction of the marriage, maybe things had gotten to such a bad point in the marriage already - like, end of 2015/beginning of 2016 - that being home had become an unpleasant prospect, and being in Canada filming or on the road touring seemed more appealing in some ways. It'll be interesting to see how her schedule looks after the HBO press dies down. If that's when she starts taking breaks and staying home more, it'll be very telling as to what the atmosphere was like at home.

heyletsgossip
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by heyletsgossip »

ativan wrote:
heyletsgossip wrote:
if youre asking if she's personally called me to let me know she's dating a chick, she hasnt, ive just been gay almost 23 years now and have a pretty solid gaydar. she pings me.
Yeah I'm gay too...I was just curious my bad.

budofly
Debater
Debater

Post by budofly »

heyletsgossip wrote:
Some chick came on here a few months ago saying that she was a mutual friend of theirs and said Colleen was a lesbian.

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 »

I'm curious to see how successful this show is gonna be. I haven't seen much of her YouTube videos for Miranda but I saw tidbits of the Miranda camp. The tone just seems so different than the videos. For the teaser I was expecting something more vibrant and eye catching or fast paced. It had a chilled out Wonder Years vibe to me.

purplequeen

Post by purplequeen »

rozumikl wrote:
rj34 wrote:It doesn't appear that Jenna stopped following Colleen on Twitter - Jenna's name just changed on Twitter (it's "10x hotter in pics"). Where did the unfollowing happen - Instagram?
I was just wondering the same thing! lol.
soooo off topic guys, but does anyone happen to know where I can find the storytime video where Colleen talks about how the producer wanted to sleep with her? It's on private and I was really hoping to watch it and now that it's on private after a divorce it seems weird. Idk when she put it on private but I really want to scope it out haha
The producer thing didn't happen recently, it was back about 10 years about in New York when she just started Miranda. Think it was before she met Josh.

purplequeen

Post by purplequeen »

I was re-watching some of her old vids from when she had a fringe (bangs!) and lived in that rented apartment with Josh with the brown sofa. She looked great, her skin looked good around her mouth (not like now all saggy) she was a better weight, her arms weren't the scrawny sticks they are now, her face was fuller and less saggy, and she was happy and breezy. She started going downhill before the wedding, it was when they moved to that rented house, the weight dropped off, she became bitchy, whiny, snarky, can't blame it on Kory being her assistant as at that point Rachel was still her assistant. She did not like that house she said so many times so that didn't help but I think the lead up to the wedding she was having doubts but went ahead anyway. She has said many times she had never loved anyone (or iirc had any serious relationships) before Josh so maybe she assumed what she felt was love, or convinced herself it was, simply because he showered her with attention and affection that her very low self-esteem she craved and made her feel special, she probably mistook the way he made her feel as love for him, but it wasn't, and when she started getting attention from her career it gave her a lot of the confidence she was previously getting from Josh and realised she didn't need him anymore for that, and realised that what she had felt for for wasn't love for him, but a love of the way he made her feel.

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”