Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy blogge (part 3)

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy blogge

Post by jiggy_girl »

tsoumpakoi wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:23 pm
scgirl212 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 am
Serious question from an American about Brexit.....will there be an affect on travel/travel of the guests if she wants to get married outside the UK? I know there is a lot of uncertainty but I would be very nervous about having a destination wedding right now if I was her...or is it not that big a deal?
If she gets married this year she is going to be fine. But from next year we don't really know what kind of papers we are going to need to fly in the EU. Financially it won't make much of a difference. I'm not an expert though.
We know we won't need visas, it's been confirmed. But even if not - they would be basic visas, it's something like £6 that they were considering. It would be fine

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

eastsidebabe wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:18 pm
Well as she says “this video is not sponsored, but as you know, I’ve worked with Armani many times before.” Armani hotel, Armani restaurant, Armani dress, displays all sorts of new Armani makeup, how is this not an #ad?

Do you suppose she gets a fee in addition to the free trip?
If she shows off gifted travel or product, it IS an ad, isn't it? That's how I understood the new guidelines. And yes, I would bet she gets a fee in addition to the trip, probably not for the travel itself but for producing specific social media content connected to the trip.

Strawbs123
Debater
Debater

Post by Strawbs123 »

That sucks about the venue to be fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsoumpakoi
Debater
Debater

Post by tsoumpakoi »

Strawbs123 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:49 pm

I do feel for her but she totally overreacted. I hope she is more sensible from now on and decides to get married in the UK.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

tsoumpakoi wrote:
Strawbs123 wrote:

I do feel for her but she totally overreacted. I hope she is more sensible from now on and decides to get married in the UK.
If only she knew of the suffering in this world..

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Ugh in the new video she keeps touching her nasty slug lips, so gross, I can't get over it. Also her wedding freak out was over the top, glad she seemed calm for the video, compared to her blog rant. I don't understand the need to get married in a castle. One of my coworkers flew to Ireland (from the US) to get married in a castle, seems so excessive to me. Almost like they are trying to prove something? Fleur got married at the mansion she lives at, so she wasn't pretending. Chase amie's wedding was at a château in france, but she lives in a flat and like Vicky is busy trying to prove something to everyone with her designer everything. It is just so annoying you can have a nice wedding without making everyone schlep to another country. Newsflash, most people don't care about your wedding.

applejacks123
Informer
Informer

Post by applejacks123 »

GeorgeePorgee wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:29 pm
tsoumpakoi wrote:
Strawbs123 wrote:

If only she knew of the suffering in this world..
i don't feel bad. who selects a crazy expensive venue site unseen with no backup plan? i mean, that is seriously bananas.

QueenDecember
Informer
Informer

Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy blogge

Post by QueenDecember »

^^^
I don’t feel bad for her either. No one’s making this chick get married in an international area she clearly doesn’t know just for image sake.

And tbh she’s probably hoping for a “kindly gifted” wedding venue to fall into her lap.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

vic seems to think she's chiara ferragni and her wedding has to be up to that standard with the same amount of coverage or something. do I feel bad that her france venue didn't work out? not really, I mean the spa didn't ruin the ambiance of the space THAT badly and she shouldn't have been so public about finding the perfect place before the details were all firmed up- counting your chickens before they hatch never works out. Also the complaint about spending her own money to get there and back? Any non-influencer would have to pay out of pocket as well you're not particularly hard done by. I honestly wonder how she's going to balance out all the stuff she's begging to be gifted and disclosing under the new rules (anyone find it ironic that she released a book called the new fashion rules yet she has trouble actually following them...) I think it might be her worst nightmare for her wedding to look like one giant commercial, even though we all know that's what it is going to be.

And why can't she find a castle in the UK? No doubt travel expenses would be cheaper and I would think it would be more meaningful to them. I doubt all her guests want to trek somewhere far away too. It's not like the UK is pressed for picturesque venues. This whole getting married abroad thing is just another way Vic wants to sell herself as more luxe than she really is. I could have totally seen the old victoria and alex getting married up north/ near their hometown in a more rustic countryside ceremony. I feel like she's going to be so obsessed with getting content and sponsorships she won't even enjoy the event.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Yep the irony of the new fashion rules hadn’t escaped my attention too :D. (I’ve mentioned it a few pages back).

flix16
Debater
Debater

Post by flix16 »

mg95 wrote:vic seems to think she's chiara ferragni and her wedding has to be up to that standard with the same amount of coverage or something. do I feel bad that her france venue didn't work out? not really, I mean the spa didn't ruin the ambiance of the space THAT badly and she shouldn't have been so public about finding the perfect place before the details were all firmed up- counting your chickens before they hatch never works out. Also the complaint about spending her own money to get there and back? Any non-influencer would have to pay out of pocket as well you're not particularly hard done by. I honestly wonder how she's going to balance out all the stuff she's begging to be gifted and disclosing under the new rules (anyone find it ironic that she released a book called the new fashion rules yet she has trouble actually following them...) I think it might be her worst nightmare for her wedding to look like one giant commercial, even though we all know that's what it is going to be.

And why can't she find a castle in the UK? No doubt travel expenses would be cheaper and I would think it would be more meaningful to them. I doubt all her guests want to trek somewhere far away too. It's not like the UK is pressed for picturesque venues. This whole getting married abroad thing is just another way Vic wants to sell herself as more luxe than she really is. I could have totally seen the old victoria and alex getting married up north/ near their hometown in a more rustic countryside ceremony. I feel like she's going to be so obsessed with getting content and sponsorships she won't even enjoy the event.
Absolutely correct.
The U.K. has some of the most beautiful castles and stately homes - literally hundreds to chose from, especially in Scotland.

She’s all fur coat and no knickers.

Catyogurttasteflavor
Debater
Debater

Post by Catyogurttasteflavor »

That one leg up thing she sometimes does on her Insta is just weird and cringy.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Catyogurttasteflavor wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:30 am
That one leg up thing she sometimes does on her Insta is just weird and cringy.
Agreed. She wants to have her thing like Alex has his jump, but it’s too forced in her case :?.

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

It's funny that they are all scrambling to find the right words to use for all the free shit. "Press treatment" for her latest free facial. It sounds stupid. I know it's an old way of thinking but I always think of members of the press as people who work for newspapers/magazines etc like journalists.

Post by Guest »

I dunno, I can't really praise her for actually disclosing for a change. In her blog, it's still really vague - along the lines of some items have been gifted...well what, from whom? It's kinda important to ascertain the credibility of a post!

Lechat
Informer
Informer

Post by Lechat »

Emmy25 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:54 am
It's funny that they are all scrambling to find the right words to use for all the free shit. "Press treatment" for her latest free facial. It sounds stupid. I know it's an old way of thinking but I always think of members of the press as people who work for newspapers/magazines etc like journalists.
Exactly! I meant what does Press Treatment even mean? The term suggests a demo or trial of the full product. But clearly she has a full course of treatments with this spa. It is a gift. It’s been given for free. She posts about it because it’s content to keep people viewing her stories and blog not because she “loves it” and post about it anyway, I wish she’d (and other scammers) stop fucking about with these stupid terms and just be honest. The ASA and CAP need to start enforcing as well.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Emma just wrote a blog just like Victoria did, but a lot more open and honest and one thing in it really stood out for me: she was told off by some other influencers for disclosing too much.

That made them look bad, because they refuse to do the same :?.

Calabria
Informer
Informer

Post by Calabria »

jiggy_girl wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:56 pm
tsoumpakoi wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:23 pm
scgirl212 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 am
Serious question from an American about Brexit.....will there be an affect on travel/travel of the guests if she wants to get married outside the UK? I know there is a lot of uncertainty but I would be very nervous about having a destination wedding right now if I was her...or is it not that big a deal?
If she gets married this year she is going to be fine. But from next year we don't really know what kind of papers we are going to need to fly in the EU. Financially it won't make much of a difference. I'm not an expert though.
We know we won't need visas, it's been confirmed. But even if not - they would be basic visas, it's something like £6 that they were considering. It would be fine
If I were her I’d be thinking about how the £ might perform against the € in terms of exchange rate. I think we can expect the £ to weaken thereby making a wedding in Europe more expensive all round. It’ll be alright for her and Alex #gifted but not for the rest of her guests, y’know, the non sponsored plebeians!

bad_wolf
Informer
Informer

Post by bad_wolf »

lol icky vicky's gonna preach to us about sustainability and not eating meat but she doesn't care about human lives. she's fine to travel and rack up her carbon footprint and go to the maldives, india and dubai and stay in absolute palaces and lush hotels where workers work in dangerous conditions and are sometimes killed and earn an absolute pittance to serve her majesty all so queen vicky can preach to us whilst she holds up her latest polyester nightmare that costs 700 pounds cause it has a tacky logo on it. gotcha.

eastsidebabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eastsidebabe »

Here is a quote from her blog re the castle in Provence:
"We got up at 4am, I spent maybe £600 of my own cash (after using £300 worth of avios points), and me, Alex and Annabel (my wedding planner) went on over to Marseilles to visit this venue in Provence.

We get the 7am flight, rent a £150 car over to the place, drive for 1hr 20 excited to see it, and as we walk up to the big gorgeous 16th century chateau, what do we see?"

So if it hadn't had the concrete block spa, she might have rented the venue and expect her guests to spend this kind of money for a two or three day weekend, never mind the carbon footprint they would have created?

Return to “Inthefrow”