Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by fizzwizz12 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:36 am

fish lips!
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by HoardganizedJen » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:11 pm

Bonki wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:30 am
She still after all these years are wearing that HORRIBLE light pink lipstick that don't look good on anyone. Her skin looks grey, like she looks dead.
Nothing says "professional makeup artist" like a warm orange eye and a pale cool pink lipstick!

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:14 pm

The first approachable podcast back is just Sam and Alyssa rambling on about their Myers Briggs personality types for over an hour and patting themselves on the back :roll: riveting content, ladies. Absolutely riveting.

rva1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by rva1 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:37 am

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:11 pm
Bonki wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:30 am
She still after all these years are wearing that HORRIBLE light pink lipstick that don't look good on anyone. Her skin looks grey, like she looks dead.
Nothing says "professional makeup artist" like a warm orange eye and a pale cool pink lipstick!
If she's going for 1998 Mandy Moore then bravo Sam, spot on :rofl:
088a7586bf27274a9710f92d03dfe0e3--s-makeup-s-aesthetic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:38 am

holy blast from the past there batman.

remember the hair mag... it still exists, Sophisticates Hair style guide... i wish i could find archived prints from the mid/late 90s and 00s.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Poldl
Talker
Talker

Post by Poldl » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:53 pm

I just can't stand the long pauses while she speaks, as if she's a stand up comedian or a character in a sitcom waiting for the laugh tracks to end. I thought we were collective over this type of deadpan and self depreciating humor as a society. Why is her voice so nasal now? If you go through her first uploads her voice was completely normal.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:54 am

the long pauses. the weird facial expressions to try and act like a "cool girl" and her strange claw formation hands that just look weird.

Ahuja
Informer
Informer

Post by Ahuja » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:26 am

following

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:24 pm

I’m annoyed she didn’t disclose the sponsorship in the title or in the description box above the fold OR use YouTube’s disclosure tool. Comes off super shady, even though she did eventually verbally disclose.

neonlemonade
Talker
Talker

Post by neonlemonade » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:46 am

Ever since you all mentioned how much she says "little", it's all I notice now and it drives me insane. Example: *putting on blush* "I'm just going to stipple that onto my cheeks and brush it into our little bronzer and contour".

Also, in her "Favorites I've Replaced" video - I get that she's trying to cut back on heat styling. But damn, at least brush your hair. Her hair looks like she just rolled out of bed.

fizzwizz12
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fizzwizz12 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:47 pm

i got through about a 15 second interval in her newest video.

the comment section was interesting. someone actually posted how much they appreciate her embracing her natural hair?!

unkempt, tangled, dry, fake hair is natural now?

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:30 am

and here I thought she'd mature up to at least give up her silly maxim-style photoshoots...

shythugx
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by shythugx » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:44 pm

Watching her new "Trying out new products" video and does anyone else think that she looks.... particularly rough? Even in her last video, but specifically this one. Her hair is greasy and disheveled, her skin on her body and face looks so uneven and dry and textured, her face looks almost gaunt and thinner than usual, the only way I can properly describe the way she looks is that it is very similar to someone with a drug problem. I am in no way implying that Sam has a drug problem, just that she seriously looks like she hasn't slept or showered in a week and it reminds me of a lot of girls that I knew that turned to drugs and tried covering it up with heavy makeup.

Kazerella
Debater
Debater

Post by Kazerella » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:07 pm

A few seconds in and she’s already being an ass to her viewers/suckers. Yea pat yourself on the back for your “no buy” 🙄

gGuruStalker
Talker
Talker

Post by gGuruStalker » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:08 pm

shythugx wrote:Watching her new "Trying out new products" video and does anyone else think that she looks.... particularly rough? Even in her last video, but specifically this one. Her hair is greasy and disheveled, her skin on her body and face looks so uneven and dry and textured, her face looks almost gaunt and thinner than usual, the only way I can properly describe the way she looks is that it is very similar to someone with a drug problem. I am in no way implying that Sam has a drug problem, just that she seriously looks like she hasn't slept or showered in a week and it reminds me of a lot of girls that I knew that turned to drugs and tried covering it up with heavy makeup.
Yes! She looks like those 40 yr old women who tan too much. Sam really looks dirty and like she doesn’t wash her hands. Everything about her looks dry and dull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:10 pm

Wow, she really does look terrible. I saw some of her eyebrow video and she’s really looking rough.
E834D56A-9927-4D7A-98DE-715E64FB631F.png
7FAB840D-01F8-4CFF-BCE3-040067422863.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:54 pm

milanese15 wrote:Wow, she really does look terrible. I saw some of her eyebrow video and she’s really looking rough.
E834D56A-9927-4D7A-98DE-715E64FB631F.png
7FAB840D-01F8-4CFF-BCE3-040067422863.png
She didn't put on ANY makeup here except for the brows (tho honestly she did put more effort into showing different brow products than I'd have expected from her), but It would have taken 2mins to pop on some bb cream and mascara and it would have made a world of a difference in her appearance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

shythugx
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by shythugx » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:01 pm

shythugx wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:44 pm
Watching her new "Trying out new products" video and does anyone else think that she looks.... particularly rough? Even in her last video, but specifically this one. Her hair is greasy and disheveled, her skin on her body and face looks so uneven and dry and textured, her face looks almost gaunt and thinner than usual, the only way I can properly describe the way she looks is that it is very similar to someone with a drug problem. I am in no way implying that Sam has a drug problem, just that she seriously looks like she hasn't slept or showered in a week and it reminds me of a lot of girls that I knew that turned to drugs and tried covering it up with heavy makeup.
I’m still not over how bad she looked. I went back and looked at the video and had to take screenshots. Her hair drives me crazy, it’s so greasy. For anyone who doesn’t want to watch the video. <3

Josie888
Informer
Informer

Post by Josie888 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:59 pm

Poldl wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:53 pm
I just can't stand the long pauses while she speaks, as if she's a stand up comedian or a character in a sitcom waiting for the laugh tracks to end. I thought we were collective over this type of deadpan and self depreciating humor as a society. Why is her voice so nasal now? If you go through her first uploads her voice was completely normal.
This is why I unsubscribed. It seems like she's acting, trying too hard to be funny/quirky.

Sierra25
Informer
Informer

Post by Sierra25 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:24 pm

She has so many extensions. I think shorter hair without all the extensions weighing it down can look so fresh and great.

ilovepeachjuice
Talker
Talker

Post by ilovepeachjuice » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:40 am

Maybe she deserves her own thread now that she's trying to become a Youtuber, but is anyone else baffled by how Alyssa is funding her lifestyle? She hasn't had a real job for a year and doesn't seem to have booked any acting gigs(not like they would be paying much at this point in time anyway), yet somehow she's living in Vancouver, always has lash extensions, and in her Bath Routine video has an insane collection of Lush products, candles, beverages, etc.

I wonder if Sam is letting Alyssa live with her for free and also letting her keep all the revenue from the podcast? Even then, I'm surprised the podcast is actually pulling that much money this early on.

gGuruStalker
Talker
Talker

Post by gGuruStalker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:26 pm

Sam said that Alyssa pays rent but that could be a lie. Sam also has a relationship with Lush so maybe she got a bunch of free shit. Alyssa’s dad died so maybe she got money from him death and sold his house?

I’m annoyed at how many times I said “mAyBe”

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:31 pm

gGuruStalker wrote:Sam said that Alyssa pays rent but that could be a lie. Sam also has a relationship with Lush so maybe she got a bunch of free shit. Alyssa’s dad died so maybe she got money from him death and sold his house?

I’m annoyed at how many times I said “mAyBe” Image

I think Alyssa said in one of the podcasts that she got money from her dad's death (maybe even life insurance too?). She's in acting classes, but has done some acting "work" as an extra in a couple things apparently. Though her agent would also be taking some of that too.

I fully assume she's living off of dead dad money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gGuruStalker
Talker
Talker

Post by gGuruStalker » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:22 am

I kind of feel bad for Alyssa. It seems like after her dad passed she was persuaded to move to Vancouver to start an influencer career. YouTube had a huge shift and they want to make it harder to earn money. Then this podcast is cute, but neither one of them have that much life experience and their conversations get repetitive. I don’t think Sam even has one friend of color. It’s hard to take someone seriously when they’ve lived in a bubble. Sam reminds me of those small town people that watched a couple of documentaries and think they’re “woke”, but have never ventured out in the world to understand people from different backgrounds.
So what happens when YouTube fails, the podcast fails and your dads money is gone? Back to the restaurant?

itsanneke
Lurker
Lurker

Post by itsanneke » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:27 am

this.on wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:31 pm
dead dad money.
"Dead dad money"? Jesus

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”