Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

fizzwizz12

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by fizzwizz12 »

well matt does decide the sex of the baby...

i hope it's a little girl, just to fuck with em.

no child, girl or boy is easy. especially in the climate of man hate that we are all living in, little boys need even more protection and love
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 am
looks like she should have duped becca products instead.
:rofl:

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

Approachable hoodies are going to be available tomorrow. I'm not even sure what season they're on now, but they've been having dwindling viewership on YouTube so I'm surprised they didn't size this opportunity sooner.
Their topics really are getting increasingly dull (also I didn't realize I've never made it through a full podcast video before lol) ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

lemonmartini
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by lemonmartini »

this.on wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:04 am
On her last livestream Samantha said subscribers were diagnosing her with lupus cause they thought it was a lupus rash across her nose and cheeks.

Samantha said she didn't want to take accutane but also that her doctors said her acne want bad enough for accutane (doctors in Canada makes you try all the weaker options before jumping to that though). She'd done a couple rounds 9f antibiotics and that cleared up her acne, but once she stopped taking the meds her acne came right back again, which it isn't supposed to do.

I'm assuming she didn't go on anything else because she wanted to get pregnant and a lot of acne meds interact with that. (I'm standing by my belief that it's a boy too cause Matt isn't worried about it-and said he would worry about having a girl- and Alyssa kept referring to the baby as "him" while Sam would say "they" on one of their latest podcasts).

I'm pretty sure that accutane can affect the development of a fetus so doctors will not let you go on it unless you have already been on birth control for 6 months. I don't know if they were trying for a baby or not, but if they were, she would definitely not go on it. I also think that now that she's already had a child and would want more in the future, she might be afraid to take the risk to go on a medication like accutane even if it can get out of your system after a few months and be safe to get pregnant after that.

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

I've only listened in on a few podcasts, which were all recent episodes. I find the talk about sexism and toxic masculinity frankly interesting and relevant (unlike Sam's beauty videos). Sam has perspectives as to the female "condition" that are refreshing to hear. I can't believe this grey hoodie is 80$. I wonder who would buy it? Is it made with local materials or something?

ilovepeachjuice
Debater
Debater

Post by ilovepeachjuice »

Alfaomega wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:34 pm
I've only listened in on a few podcasts, which were all recent episodes. I find the talk about sexism and toxic masculinity frankly interesting and relevant (unlike Sam's beauty videos).
I listen to the podcast regularly and felt like that latest episode with Matt was one of their worst. It was just Sam relaying her experiences where men have hit on her inappropriately and how she felt helpless as a woman, and then asking Matt how he, as a man, is gonna fix that and Matt fumbling around coming up with some half-assed explanation for why he can/can't call out other men. It just felt like such a white feminist take on gender issues, I guess because it was.

kknope
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kknope »

$80 for a basic sweatshirt. That's nuts.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

if she's smart she'd sell it with a starbucks gift card. make sure that basic bitch attire is right on the money.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

I'm sorry, I really felt triggered by her bad skin in the latest video. I just felt triggered looking at it.

ilovepeachjuice
Debater
Debater

Last episode of the podcast was also a dud. The theme was "women in business" but just consisted of Alyssa and Sam relaying times people were rude to them during the course of a business transaction and ending the story with "Well would they have done that if I was a man?"

jolala
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by jolala »

I CANNOT with the 80$ sweater what the actual hell?? and how theyre like "alyssa worked sO hArD oN tHiS!!1!" on what?? a basic grey sweater with a basic white logo on the back?? it's not even embroidery so you know that's gonna get so cracked and wrinkly after 3 washes. And them talking about women in business stuff on the podcast-- Sam I understand being annoyed by that cause she has been around for like 10 years now and does have a big audience, you cant take that accomplishment away from her-- but Alyssa who?? She thinks she should automatically be given the same respect because of her association with Sam. it's so gross, I can see her being like "do you know who i am?!?!" ... uhh no lady.

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

jolala wrote:I CANNOT with the 80$ sweater what the actual hell?? and how theyre like "alyssa worked sO hArD oN tHiS!!1!" on what?? a basic grey sweater with a basic white logo on the back?? it's not even embroidery so you know that's gonna get so cracked and wrinkly after 3 washes. And them talking about women in business stuff on the podcast-- Sam I understand being annoyed by that cause she has been around for like 10 years now and does have a big audience, you cant take that accomplishment away from her-- but Alyssa who?? She thinks she should automatically be given the same respect because of her association with Sam. it's so gross, I can see her being like "do you know who i am?!?!" ... uhh no lady.
But she worked as a bartender.. you know...inside of a business haha

It's such a shame they stopped getting people who are actually knowledgeable to chime in on their podcasts, cause it could have been a good platform for someone who actually has a measurable amount of intelligence.

But getting experts is too much work, they could have zoomed them even, but why put anymore effort into a business than the absolute bare minimum, right?

ilovepeachjuice
Debater
Debater

Alyssa and Sam are getting heat on r/BGC for the prize and size exclusivity of the hoodie. Rightfully so.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

it's time the reddit fans finally see her for who she is. and her little friend too!

Embraced_34
Talker
Talker

Post by Embraced_34 »

She’s so full of shit. Produced 2 rip off products with ‘her’ brand (or shall we say Magic Dusk) and bitches about ever other brand’s product. (Bites nasal voice) Oh this cream eyeshadow doesn’t have big enough opening so I have to use a brush because I have long nails. SO DOES YOURS you dumb bitch. Your crappy unoriginal cream eyeshadow is even smaller so get off your high horse you stuck up twat.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

Embraced_34 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:24 am
She’s so full of shit. Produced 2 rip off products with ‘her’ brand (or shall we say Magic Dusk) and bitches about ever other brand’s product. (Bites nasal voice) Oh this cream eyeshadow doesn’t have big enough opening so I have to use a brush because I have long nails. SO DOES YOURS you dumb bitch. Your crappy unoriginal cream eyeshadow is even smaller so get off your high horse you stuck up twat.
haha! i appreciate this so much. <3

frostypeach
Learner
Learner

Post by frostypeach »

Came here hoping for the cliff notes, took one for the team if anyone wants to save a view:

- starts off the video sarcastic and awkward as ever, "I mentioned I was pregnant and then... never did another video."

- mourns Becca, "EvErYtHiNg I lOvE iS dIsCoNtInUeD" they sent her items, so clearly she's back on PR as others had speculated here previously. (it was kind of a given she'd go back, especially with the launch of her own brand, clearly she needed to send PR to ensure feedback but... that was against your own morals so... hmmmmmm)

- she makes note of her skin recently, calling out people for saying its a rash, she says it's just her skin since pregnancy. mentioned the girl who said it was lupis (lmao)

-second trimester is over, she blinked and it was over, thinks her pregnancy has been chill, blames pregnancy for constantly being out of breath making filming podcasts and videos SO hard.

- has a hard time sleeping, so annoying. she's suffered back pain all her life cause tiddies, but pregnancy makes it worse. has a midwife who said it'll only get worse. blames her new brand for the stress. she can only sleep on her right side, first world problems.

- her iron is low, she still eats prominently plant based, no meat, a small amount of dairy. takes supplements.

- complains about the gestational diabetes drink. comes off as offended that she didn't get a FLAVOURED one. her blood test came back high, has to go back in for a secondary test. "everything is traumatic when you're pregnant" refers to a live she did previously where she commented the sugar drink was SO bad it made her think she never wants a second child... at least she acknowledged it was fucking stupid... or at least we hope. keeps complaining about how awful the whole test is, doesn't want to do the secondary test, and then how much time it takes out of her busy schedule and it's inconvenient to do. blah blah blah.

- emotional feelings: had a moment where *wait for it* she mourned the loss of her youth. yeah. she said that. which she expresses to matt at any chance she gets (her words) ...sounds healthy. goes on to talk about matt being older, comes off that it's basically not fair he pushed motherhood on her when she had more to experience. "we've all been affected by covid, i've been affected by covid much less than most people but it does kinda suck that my last year of being an adult on my own was spent in quarantine."

- speaks about how people say pregnancy and motherhood should be viewed as a positive thing but she thinks it's just what it is, talks about how it's a blessing *not for her, in general* that women/we're able to get pregnant, have a kid, etc. but it's difficult. felt upset about it. somehow relates it back to her brand—her brand consists of sam, her mom, daniel and mel. (they're based in cali, anyone have info on them? i'm blank and don't follow her brand that closely) talks about the stress of business being over the phone, uncertainty of where it's headed... "travelling with a baby and working
10 hour days on set with a baby" ...doesn't matt work from home? don't both their parents live within a 15 minute drive?

- depression: depression has been worse, blames being pregnant, "your belly feels heavy, lugging that shit around" (literally her words, she clearly loathes pregnancy) she's stayed on her anti-depressants, speaks on her entire experience being on it that we've heard before, apparently she spoke with her doctor about this before trying to get pregnant. at first her doctor recommended she switch types, she said nah, didn't want to go through the settling process. apparently her doctor researched eSpeCialLy FoR hEr, printed shit, highlighted shit, gave it to her, talked to her, etc. if it'd be okay not to switch during pregnancy, blah blah blah. she's still on her regular anti-depressant.

- "i can be emotional, i've been known to be emotional from time to time, so i know i would emotionally struggle with pregnancy and then, of course, motherhood, when the baby is actually here, i know i will struggle with it. i know i'll have a hard time, cause i already have a hard time managing my life" - welp, at least she admits this will be the case regardless of medication or not.

- goes on about mental health, how she struggled previously, her her her, how she could never sacrifice anything for a pregnancy. (we're 29 min in)

- speaks again about the possibility of another kid, then goes back to people messaging her about pregnancy and depression. goes on about mental health. preach, preach, preach, relatable.

- "nothing is chill, but pregnancy wise, it hasn't been the worst by any stretch. i'm doing mostly ok there."

- nursery: people have been asking if they have a nursery ready, she said kind of, ranted about shipping, she doesn't know if she'll show it. considers her pregnancy SO important and SO private, it's hard to talk about it online, basically does the Krusty rant about "i don't know about showing their face, sharing info, its a privacy issue, who knows, we'll see" while she does her cringe sway eye roll blah talk.

- update over. 27 weeks. cauliflower sized, "they just stomping around in there, i say they, i'm not saying plural, everytime i say they they people freak out as if it's twins, better fucking not be" SMFH.

- complains about the biggest update being bladder pressure. "pee my pants constantly. look forward to that if you intend on getting pregnant, just a lot of pissing your pants and probably crying sometimes too." ThNx GuYs TalKinG aBouT mEntAl hEalTh as We dO K ByYyYyYEeeEeE

my thoughts: i mean, we can at least give her props for speaking about how she truly feels. she isn't sugar coating anything regarding her feelings on pregnancy, really. but she also isn't making it seem like she wants or even wanted to be a mother... put everything we've all said previous on repeat here. we can only hope for the best. maybe meeting the kid will change her moot feelings. at least we know she won't go full psychopath like krusty, ugh.

p.s; i know this was supposed to be cliff notes and probably took ya'll longer to read than to watch at 2x speed. SORRY!
The plastic and metal in the lipsticks are from old Botox needles, it's 100% safe.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

@frostypeach

thanks for taking a big one for the team on this. <3

ilovepeachjuice
Debater
Debater

In Alyssa's latest video her hair looks so damn greasy and dirty

Evil_robot
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evil_robot »

jolala wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:42 pm
I CANNOT with the 80$ sweater what the actual hell?? and how theyre like "alyssa worked sO hArD oN tHiS!!1!" on what?? a basic grey sweater with a basic white logo on the back?? it's not even embroidery so you know that's gonna get so cracked and wrinkly after 3 washes. And them talking about women in business stuff on the podcast-- Sam I understand being annoyed by that cause she has been around for like 10 years now and does have a big audience, you cant take that accomplishment away from her-- but Alyssa who?? She thinks she should automatically be given the same respect because of her association with Sam. it's so gross, I can see her being like "do you know who i am?!?!" ... uhh no lady.
but why? you can buy at Asos or H&M the same shit with the same materials.

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”