Samantha Reddit'sDoll/Ravndahl - Part 4

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Samantha Reddit'sDoll/Ravndahl - Part 4

Post by WORDSALAD »

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:59 am
i don't understand why she got married to someone she barely tolerates? what's the fucking point of it
$$$$$$$$

(It's not like she doesn't have her own at the moment, but given what we know about how much she despises her job, she may have a niggling awareness that her own generous flow of income may not be a thing forever.....)
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

gGuruStalker
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by gGuruStalker »

Broodwich wrote:I'm having some feel deja vu on this Instagram video. I had to check the date. Then I checked again. Hasn't she told these stories already?
I’m not sure if it was from another video or her podcast, but I have definitely heard those stories before. Wtf is going on with her? I couldn’t finish the video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sofetchxox
Informer
Informer

Post by sofetchxox »

gGuruStalker wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:56 am
Broodwich wrote:I'm having some feel deja vu on this Instagram video. I had to check the date. Then I checked again. Hasn't she told these stories already?
I’m not sure if it was from another video or her podcast, but I have definitely heard those stories before. Wtf is going on with her? I couldn’t finish the video

She did a series on her Instagram stories that was exactly the same as the video, and was almost all the same photos. That’s probably what you’re remembering. I guess I understand her wanting to use this idea for a video if she has a good response on Instagram, but I wish she’d picked different photos and made sure the ones she’d already done were in a highlight or something if people wanted to see them and hadn’t already?

The video felt like a lot of bragging, honestly. Here’s me looking hot a lot, Hey look, this post got 2,000 likes in 2013 like who am I lol, this was the look that lil Kim stole and is also now completely famous but I’ve made no money off it (even though my whole career launched because of it) boohoo, oh this is from the FIRST time I met ABH, the second time we went to Tokyo was SO MUCH BETTER.... etc etc.

Like, we get it? You’re rich and travel a lot and have met/interacted with famous people? Of course she made a point to talk about an image at a time when she had less than $20 in her account while on a brand trip to London. Sorry if I don’t feel super bad, especially considering her mom sent her money? She’s very privileged.

Sorry to make this a novel, but I also hated how she talked about editing her body. She made a big deal of that photo shoot and how it changed her view of herself... but it took her 3 years to actually stop FaceTiming/photoshopping her body and fucking with her followers’ self esteem?? Yeah sure, let’s gloss over that part.

Re her marriage - IMHO we don’t see enough of Matt to really gauge. She seemed legitimately happy talking about her wedding, so I’m inclined to believe her that she’s happy in her relationship and that their counselling and working on communication have been effective. Marriage takes work. Always. Also, people fight lol. Just my two cents as a married type person.

Alkmy
Informer
Informer

Post by Alkmy »

Her IG vs reality is so whack. I don’t know about you guys but my Instagram is real moments of real memories.... sucks to live such a sorry ass life, Sam. Oof.

Yeppers
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Yeppers »

Wait you guys didn't like the reality video?? BuT ItS sO rEFreSHinG and ReAL and HONEST!! How people on r/BGC still eat this shit up is beyond me.

And still unironically calling her refreshing. Ffs shhhh.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

I don't know how anyone who asks people to repost and talk about pictures of THEM can be seen as 'real and refreshing' 😂 it's like 'YOOGUISE help me construct an identity for myself out of these filtered and photoshopped images and I'll speak to you as a reward!'

Jesus H. You couldn't be *more* fake. I suppose because she couples this with all the depression malarkey and people think she's being all 'raw' etc. they just completely miss how vapid she actually is.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

piinkfleeky
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by piinkfleeky »

i really like sam and liked her video ig vs reality video for the most part, but......how the fuck did she and matt end up married? i really don't like him, he's a boring, dumb Jonah Hill lookalike, but like. if they fought that much, how did they manage to get married? if they're broken up before, HOW did they end up married? it makes no sense to me at all and generally makes me feel really weird all around......

blueraindrops
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blueraindrops »

She definitely settled with Matt. He’s a boring white guy who has money. I would say, in terms of stability, she lucked out with him. No idea if his trucking company will still be successful later on though.

alexisserraa
Learner
Learner

Post by alexisserraa »

Am I the only person that doesn’t think Couples font fight because of a cute couple pic or that someone’s baby doesn’t wake up at night because they post a nice picture??? Or that someone’s life is perfect because they post a vacation picture?? Like do people actually write this narrative about people based on a photo? Because I feel like that a problem with yourself and not the poster if you do that lol

DevilsIvy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DevilsIvy »

UMMMMMM..... In her IG vs Reality youtube video Sam is actually whinging about choosing to leave her downtown apartment to buy a house and how she was upset EVERYDAY for a year about the move whilst "having to produce content" (wow so hard).

Like really?

This is the most first world problem I have ever heard. I too live in a first world country and know how lucky I am to have a roof over my head when many millions of people across the world don't. I can't imagine how privileged her complaining sounds to someone less fortune or living in hard circumstances with insecure/unsafe accommodation.

Sam, ever heard of being grateful? Might make you a lot happier.

overit1995
Learner
Learner

Post by overit1995 »

Lol. In this latest video, Sam writes the following in the comments: " I tan because it’s a small thing that helps with depression, but I don’t like to talk about it because I obviously don’t recommend it nor think it’s a good thing outside of helping my mental health."

Look, fine: I really don't care if she tans or not. Good on her, I guess, for not 'promoting' it to her audience as it is quite dangerous.

My issue: tanning helps your DEPRESSION? GIVE ME A BREAK. This is a wrong instance to conjure up your 'depression'. You tan to make yourself feel more attractive. That is fine. A lot of us wear makeup etc to feel attractive. That is a normal human impulse. Please, please stop trying to make everything about your 'depression'. Every single f*cking person on this earth feels better when they feel they look better (vain as that may be).

Sheeeesh

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^^ 🙄🙄 for fook's sake, she's giving herself away here. Her self esteem (and hence her mental state) is all about how she looks

Daynahhhh
Informer
Informer

Post by Daynahhhh »

overit1995 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:17 pm
Lol. In this latest video, Sam writes the following in the comments: " I tan because it’s a small thing that helps with depression, but I don’t like to talk about it because I obviously don’t recommend it nor think it’s a good thing outside of helping my mental health."

Look, fine: I really don't care if she tans or not. Good on her, I guess, for not 'promoting' it to her audience as it is quite dangerous.

My issue: tanning helps your DEPRESSION? GIVE ME A BREAK. This is a wrong instance to conjure up your 'depression'. You tan to make yourself feel more attractive. That is fine. A lot of us wear makeup etc to feel attractive. That is a normal human impulse. Please, please stop trying to make everything about your 'depression'. Every single f*cking person on this earth feels better when they feel they look better (vain as that may be).

Sheeeesh
not to defend her and I haven't watched the video yet so I'm not sure if she elaborates on that but one of my friends has seasonal affective disorder and one thing that really helps her winter depression is tanning beds so maybe that's where shes coming from? I highly doubt it though lol i feel like to get that tan you gotta be tanning a lot which is so bad for you.

overit1995
Learner
Learner

Post by overit1995 »

Daynahhhh wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm
overit1995 wrote:

Sheeeesh
not to defend her and I haven't watched the video yet so I'm not sure if she elaborates on that but one of my friends has seasonal affective disorder and one thing that really helps her winter depression is tanning beds so maybe that's where shes coming from? I highly doubt it though lol i feel like to get that tan you gotta be tanning a lot which is so bad for you.
Oh, I had no idea about that! So the lights from the bed help with Vit D? Maybe... but I'm not totally sure that's what she was getting at. I think she means that LOOKING tan helps her depression - which is just f*cking too much! I kinda hope you're right, if anyone actually gets through the entire 45 minutes of that video (again, why..) let us know. The quote I posted was her pinned comment on that video.

Though if it's for the light that she enjoys those tanning beds, just get a sun lamp! My therapist recommended it to me for seasonal affective disorder (we are all prone to it) and its helped loads and is relatively safe. Roasting in a tanning bed regularly is very dangerous, so I have trouble believing that a legit mental health practitioner would suggest a patient do that to treat their depression. That doesn't seem like a long term solution. Also, her skin looks PAINFUL in this video. She is burnt orange

Daynahhhh
Informer
Informer

Post by Daynahhhh »

overit1995 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:10 pm
Daynahhhh wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 pm
overit1995 wrote:

Sheeeesh
Oh, I had no idea about that. So the lights from the bed help with Vit D? Maybe... but I don't think that's what she was getting at. I think she means that LOOKING tan helps her depression - which is just f*cking too much!

I kinda hope you're right, if anyone actually gets through the entire 45 minutes of that video (again, why..) let us know. The quote I posted was her pinned comment on that video.

Though if it's for the light that she enjoys those tanning beds, just get a sun lamp! My therapist recommended it to me for seasonal affective disorder (we are all prone to it) and its helped loads. Roasting in a tanning bed regularly is very dangerous, so I really doubt that any legit mental health practitioners would suggest a patient do that to treat their depression
yeah I honestly do think with her it's probably just for vanity purposes (which she could just spray tan??!!) I think it's just a combination of the warmth of the bed and the tan probably, those lamps can only do so much. Of course a professional wouldn't recommend tanning but some people just have different priorities I guess!

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

She used to say that she tanned bc it helped her acne. That’s probably why she now claims she doesn’t talk about it so as to avoid promoting it—bc she got a lot of pushback for promoting it as an acne cure. She does this all the time: she does something for pure self interest (often for years), then takes a self righteous stand against it after getting criticism. She took that detox tea money and built her following off of super photoshopped images of herself, both things she defended vehemently at the time. Now she likes to pretend like she’s so real, thoughtful and responsible for not doing those things anymore—after she’s exhausted their use.

She is seriously so disingenuous to me, which is why the anti-PR stand fell so flat to me. Once she had a huge collection and a manager who can get her products if she’s interested, it was obviously a lot easier to drop the PR. She’s not different than other gurus, she just takes a contrarian stand once there’s something to gain from it, in order to support her “people’s guru” image. She made that PR video at a time everyone was calling beauty gurus spoiled and no longer relatable. Watch her take a stand against using mental health as an excuse in 2 years lol. If it starts seeming like most people are sick of hearing youtubers discuss their mental health issues and start calling them out of touch and making excuses, suddenly she’ll start claiming that she’s only interested in being super responsible about mental health. It’ll be ”everyone’s situation is so unique that I want to keep my issues private and just let you all know that I support you and struggling is nothing to be ashamed of!”

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

she only shows us what she wants us to see.... and what she wants us to see isn't at all flattering, especially in terms of how she treats other people.

vitamin d is a great thing, of course like anything, don't have too much. sunlight helps with various skin issues and the SADS. also tanning beds have been known to help with acne and other issues. everything in moderation though is key.

but anyway. she's just a "boo hoo, woe is me, everything is so tough" type of person. i'm currently at work and one of those people is sitting next to me. i'm exhausted and i haven't said a word to her.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

jooperscooper
Stalker
Stalker

Post by jooperscooper »

for the longest time i definitely didn't think there was a thread on gg about samantha (i thought she was """""real"""") but after watching her instagram vs reality i starting looking up more about her past and actually listened to some approachable podcasts. I felt a little confused by the negative way she would talk about her husband and her lack of enthusiasm around her wedding. Then I listened to the podcast episode with Matt and his struggle with addiction and I was truly shocked at how scummy this guy is. He talks about having no serious problems in life but wanting to fit in with other people doing drugs around his age and forcing himself to take drugs (???) it seemed like he had no individuality or personality of his own to me, which is fair enough I guess. I didnt realize until later in the podcast how astonishingly privileged he is. He talks about spending 800 per WEEK on pills AS WELL as supporting his then drug addicted and unemployed girlfriend while living in a nice apartment. Really put into perspective like damn this asshole could pay for a year of my university tuition in 3 weeks with the amount of money he spends taking drugs he forced himself to like. It also doesn't seem like any of this was his own money either as he says he was mostly pissing away money his parents had given him to start and fund business ventures. His behavior is especially despicable to me as someone who lives in Vancouver and sees hundreds of homeless people living on the street downtown. He even talks about catching himself judging those homeless people and believing they are choosing to live how they do. I think its good that hes recovered and I dont judge people with addiction problems in general, but holy shit. Then I read people in the comments praising him for being so brave and opening up yadda yadda and it made me feel like society is backwards. Definitely has reduced my respect for Sam, but I still feel a little bad for her as she constantly has to joke and make up for her husbands lack of personality and humor throughout the podcast...

DevilsIvy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DevilsIvy »

What does everyone think about Sam & Matt's long term compatibility? Will they stay together? Will they be happy?

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

DevilsIvy wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:32 am
What does everyone think about Sam & Matt's long term compatibility? Will they stay together? Will they be happy?
Lol from what I've seen (granted not much) they aren't happy NOW. But I also think they know thus and are willing to put up with it for convenience.

Especially Sam. (Wouldn't surprise me if Matt was the one to jump ship later in life, honestly I think he was a massive arsehole when he was younger but seems like he's matured a lot since then)

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”