EC3
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BatALashBeauty Part 3

Post by EC3 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Satan Apparently wrote:He’s like Jonah Hill’s more attractive but less entertaining brother. And for that reason, I am out.
He seemed super dim and not witty at all. Kind of the opposite of what Sam tries so hard to portray. It's kind of funny that she was loling so hard at him throughout the video when she'd probably roll her eyes at him if he was some other beautuber's bf.
Omg this hits the nail on the head for me. He was so obnoxious and she looked embarrassed.. as evidenced by her cutting him off when his jokes were going too damn far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FitFab85
Learner
Learner

Post by FitFab85 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

velvet_ribbons wrote:Loling so hard at Sam’s photoshopped thumbnails. I know she’s self-consious about her jaw, but she should really just take better/more flattering pictures. The edits are hilariously bad and bizarre.
I just started watching her today. What’s wrong with her jaw? I haven’t noticed anything yet.

Also, imo she doesn’t look near as pretty as she did a year and a half ago. Her hair looks terrible now. I’m not watching her videos in order or anything.

foals
Learner
Learner

Post by foals »

I've never been the biggest fan of Sam, but I do appreciate when she calls out the bullshit that happens in her industry. Her new video on PR is so refreshing and answers alot of questions I've always had regarding "influencers" and their carbon footprint. She honestly deserves alot of credit because I don't think that many other influencers would be willing to do the same.

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

totally agree.

i hope more beauty bloggers start stuff like this. so many of them rely on their weekly 'this is all i got in pr' and their monthly declutters for content, i really appreciate that sam knows what it's going to take for her to like doing her job again.

at least she has the benefit of actually knowing how to do makeup (although a lot of it isn't to my taste) .

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

So she's going to refuse PR packages from brands now? Is she going to write to the brands and express this to them?

It's very weird to me that she has to pay customs/duty on PR packages, those should be marked as "gifts" by the sender and thus she wouldn't be paying anything for them.

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

smashthebox wrote:So she's going to refuse PR packages from brands now? Is she going to write to the brands and express this to them?

It's very weird to me that she has to pay customs/duty on PR packages, those should be marked as "gifts" by the sender and thus she wouldn't be paying anything for them.
I believe she said her managers wrote to the brands to go off of pr (which makes it believeable cause Sam will never do that herself lol).
I think she's still on Smashbox's pr list cause they sent her a small environmentally friendly recyclable box filled with product, so they're changing their ways basically.

Samantha's also mentioned duties a few times on scopes over the last couple years. Basically, if it's not labelled as being a gift she has to pay, and if they put the retail values on instead of the actual cost then the duties are pretty bad (Canada just changed our duties and it's apparently much better and affordable now though). But she's brought it up enough that I'd believe it to be a regular problem, most companies probably don't send that much internationally and just don't know how to handle everything for all the different countries.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

this.on
Informer
Informer

Post by this.on »

Pea2324 just commented in Allana's thread that she thinks Sam night elope on her Mexico trip.

I hadn't even considered it lol I know they were looking at outdoor venues near Vancouver, but Mexico might not be out of the question, especially since Sam has said she wants a small wedding and her parents are joining her for part of the trip too...

Gossgrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossgrl »

this.on wrote:Pea2324 just commented in Allana's thread that she thinks Sam night elope on her Mexico trip.

I hadn't even considered it lol I know they were looking at outdoor venues near Vancouver, but Mexico might not be out of the question, especially since Sam has said she wants a small wedding and her parents are joining her for part of the trip too...

I was thinking that too, esp bc I think Sam's mentioned that they haven't really started planning the wedding yet.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

I like the eloping idea. It fits Sam perfectly.

betylistic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by betylistic »

What do you all think about the latest reverse makeup video? I don't believe she thinks her friend thought of it for the first time or anything, it's been around for quite some time...
Plus I'm confused, I think she said she'd do one side regularly and the other one reserved. Wasn't it why she wiped off the concealer on the other side? Urgh, anyhow the makeup actually looked pretty oily to me. Overally not impressed.

ANE-LX1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

allyb_
Informer
Informer

Post by allyb_ »

When does her face not look like an oil slick though? It’s a breeding ground for that acne that’s popping up around her mouth recently lol & she probably did half just Incase she didn’t like it but ended up loooving it. I think it looked better than her usual overdone bronzer/blush but overall pretty flat looking. She just doesn’t know how to not overdue it when she could of enhanced it with minimal power on top adding some definition to her face

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesecakelover »

Kind of unrelated to the video but it still blows my mind that she bought a $4000 computer and pays $30+/mo to get her thumbnails to look like this Image

Sent from my LGK20 using Tapatalk

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Kind of unrelated to the video but it still blows my mind that she bought a $4000 computer and pays $30+/mo to get her thumbnails to look like this Image

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

betylistic wrote:What do you all think about the latest reverse makeup video? I don't believe she thinks her friend thought of it for the first time or anything, it's been around for quite some time...
Plus I'm confused, I think she said she'd do one side regularly and the other one reserved. Wasn't it why she wiped off the concealer on the other side? Urgh, anyhow the makeup actually looked pretty oily to me. Overally not impressed.

ANE-LX1 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
I thought it looked awful!!!!! So greasy and orange. I hope she doesn’t keep doing it that way.

I know she’s upset about her skin, but I thought it looked really nice when she has just dabbed a bit of the elcie concealer over it.

pictou222
Learner
Learner

Post by pictou222 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
cheesecakelover wrote:Kind of unrelated to the video but it still blows my mind that she bought a $4000 computer and pays $30+/mo to get her thumbnails to look like this Image

What's the $30/mo for?
Monthly fee for Photoshop, maybe?

Although, given the quality that thumbnail, seems like she's using MS Paint instead lol.

SweetLikeCinnam0n
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by SweetLikeCinnam0n »

I notice she seems to not be editing her ig photos as much. Like she is leaving her jaw unedited. She doesn’t look like a totally different person anymore and she’s not smoothing out her skin. She used to look like an alien in her pics sometimes with the tiny jaw and huge eyes.

disigney
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by disigney »

Can’t wait to see the comments on this video! She can’t monitor them herself Image

cheesecakelover
Gossiper
Gossiper

pictou222 wrote:
HoardganizedJen wrote:
cheesecakelover wrote:Kind of unrelated to the video but it still blows my mind that she bought a $4000 computer and pays $30+/mo to get her thumbnails to look like this Image

What's the $30/mo for?
Monthly fee for Photoshop, maybe?

Although, given the quality that thumbnail, seems like she's using MS Paint instead lol.
Yes Photoshop unless she bought it before they charged the 30/mo then she would've paid 1000+ for it. And the computer she bought is the Microsoft Studio Surface Pro (I think) which is super fancy. It tilts like a tablet and has a dial to pick colors. If I bought that I'd gift to a digital artist or graphic designer. Not some youtuber who will use it to create "different and unique" fonts for thumbnails or lame stars.

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 50 Shades Of Salad »

prettylights92 wrote:I like the eloping idea. It fits Sam perfectly.

I think y’all might be right! Sam said in today’s video that her brothers, her grandma, and Matt’s parents will be meeting them in Mexico (along with Sam’s parents too). It definitely sounds like they might be eloping or having a surprise wedding for family.

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”