BatALashBeauty

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BatALashBeauty

Post by snappedback »

Angela is a lover of #smokeandmirrors so I doubt she's had any kind of dramatic weight loss in the past month. Maybe she lost a couple pounds after seeing the photos from the Nyx opening event but I doubt it was all that much. Remember how she started doing the detox tea thing? So I think she probably started dieting and maybe even working out and lost 10 pounds but made it look like 50 with filters and shit.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

So Sam is on another periscope rant. I gave up. Here's the thing, I don't go around assuming people are dumb, even though a lot of these beauty gurus have proven to me a lack of depth and critical thinking skills. I give them a chance and only start to change my opinion based on the things they say. Sam's last few rants have completely revealed her to be lacking--in education, self awareness, critical thinking, business sense, general ethics... She's just another shallow, simple girl I guess. It's not even worth it to me to critique her very rudimentary and poorly constructed arguments. But I will say that the first part of her rant was equally annoying as her second part (where she was again trying to defend her job. Like, no one cares! If people got frustrated that tarte sent people to Turks and Caicos, let it go! You're not going to change anyone's mind--you just don't have the debate skills to do it. And seriously stop comparing the cost of social media to a super bowl commercial. That argument is so empty).

Anyway the first rant was about how her flight was oversold so she had to wait until people voluntarily took a different flight to get on. Of course, unlike everyone else who was waiting for a seat (12 others according to her), she had to stand at the counter and "stare into the employee's soul." Not only that, but she also "got sassy" with Alaska Air on Twitter and complained that she's deserving of better treatment because she flies a lot (and often brings a plus one! "You're losing out on so much business.") Perhaps the reason you don't get good customer service is because you're a huge pain in the ass? It's like when she bought "a lot of product" (a whole $2000 worth!) at ikea and thought they should be bending over backwards to help her. At least Alaska air responded to her, but apparently it wasn't good enough ("they tried to be all nice" *rolls her eyes*). Her entitlement is ridiculous! Like my dad traveled internationally for business for literally more than half the year--and not from Canada to California, but from the US to Asia, Australia, Europe. It's not at all uncommon! Why do you think you're their only customer who travels this much and therefore your unhappiness would cost them so much business? And like, my parents would spend $2000 on a rug. It's not a lot to spend on furniture. Stop acting like you're on the Forbes list and so important that you've bought your way into being catered to all the time! Your Instagram and Twitter platforms are very meaningless outside of the beauty industry because You. Are. Not. A. Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whateverthenok
Informer
Informer

Post by whateverthenok »

Sam is super uneducated compared to a lot of other YouTube girls. Even compared to Dom and JKissa (Angela, not so much.) She's not stupid, per se, but she lacks a lot of depth to engage in critical thinking. She just has no concept of logic -- like, if you gave her those puzzles, if A = B and B = C, does A = C she wouldn't do very well.

ThirdElvira
Learner
Learner

Post by ThirdElvira »

I always miss her periscope rants because she seems to delete them pretty much right after and I've never had time to watch them live. Not sure if I should be sad or happy about it.

Dom's on the other hand I actually like. Especially the one about makeup artists vs Instagram MUAs. It made me think a lot about Sam actually (along with so many yt gurus) even though I'm sure that was not Dom's intent.

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

Samantha has 62.7K followers on Twitter, 559K on YouTube, and 1.9M on Instagram. 2M followers on Instagram is a lot to the average person, but it isn't even a lot in the beauty community.
Amrezy--3.5M
Vegas Nay--6.8M
Anastasia Beverly Hills--7M
WakeUpandMakeUp--7.9M

Samantha doesn't have enough followers or clout on the internet to be demanding special treatment. She isn't a household name! Because like Milanese said, she's not a real celebrity. And for all intents and purposes, she isn't an internet celebrity either. Plus a lot of people who have egregious flying experiences or customer service experiences can have their story go viral, pick up traction in the traditional media space and end up getting apologies from the company. That can happen to anyone who has a good story to tell and is able to communicate it well. Sam never seems to have that criteria go along with her "horrible" customer service experiences. All this shit does is show off how entitled she is. Sam honestly thinks that by complaining on Twitter, the company will go "oh no! Not social media personality and influencer Samantha Ravndahl of Batalash! She got bad service? What ever will we do?!"
She's just like any person on Twitter with a small following. There are regular high school students who tweet a lot and end up with tens of thousands of followers. Sam isn't special in that regard. And the major thing she doesn't get is that she's not spending enough money for these companies to take notice.
Like Milanese pointed out, nonstop, business class international flights from major hubs like NYC and Boston to Asia or Australia cost $2,000+ one way! Major corporations can send executives overseas 10 to 12 times a year! That's a lot of money. And that's why they have special frequent flyer programs and pay attention to corporate clients. A large firm like AT&T or Apple spends millions and millions of dollars on air travel alone each year. Those are the people they pay attention to.
I looked it up and nonstop flights from Vancouver to LA are often less than $200 one way. The flight isn't even 3 hours long. Even if she does fly to LA 4 times a month (which no she doesn't!) including the return flights she's spending something like $1,600 a month. That's not even the price of a one way ticket to Sydney from NYC. It's a lot of money to people who don't regularly fly for work but it honestly isn't that much.
It's just crazy to me that she's this entitled and her mind is that warped from some positive comments online to think that she deserves special treatment from every company she uses.

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 50 Shades Of Salad »

It seems like Sam's lipstick, Creme Corsett, is less than stellar. Who would have thought? /sarcasm

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

ThirdElvira wrote:I always miss her periscope rants because she seems to delete them pretty much right after and I've never had time to watch them live. Not sure if I should be sad or happy about it.

Dom's on the other hand I actually like. Especially the one about makeup artists vs Instagram MUAs. It made me think a lot about Sam actually (along with so many yt gurus) even though I'm sure that was not Dom's intent.
Yes! I loved Dom's! I love all of scopes! And it was hilarious to me because it seemed like she was pretty much describing Sam. I'm sure she doesn't think that about Sam becuase Dom is a nice person. But it just really seemed like she was talking about Sam lol.

cali7r
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cali7r »

New here so I don't know if this has been previously discussed, but does anyone know what happened with sam and jkissa a while back? I know she said she didn't want to talk about it on periscope, but I've always wondered. I remember jkissa got kicked out batalash and posted a screen shot of the email or whatever asking her to leave, batalash posted that they were sorry their fans had to find out like that, and then jkissa removed her post.

ThirdElvira
Learner
Learner

Post by ThirdElvira »

cali7r wrote:New here so I don't know if this has been previously discussed, but does anyone know what happened with sam and jkissa a while back? I know she said she didn't want to talk about it on periscope, but I've always wondered. I remember jkissa got kicked out batalash and posted a screen shot of the email or whatever asking her to leave, batalash posted that they were sorry their fans had to find out like that, and then jkissa removed her post.

That's all I know about it as well. I don't think any of them has actually talked about it tbh. But I would really want to know. I haven't really seen jkissa interact with any of the batalash girls since (though I don't really keep up with Twitter). But I have seen jkissa's friend Mykie (glam&gore) make shout outs to Sam every now and then so I guess it's not too bad anymore.

cali7r
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cali7r »

ThirdElvira wrote:
cali7r wrote:New here so I don't know if this has been previously discussed, but does anyone know what happened with sam and jkissa a while back? I know she said she didn't want to talk about it on periscope, but I've always wondered. I remember jkissa got kicked out batalash and posted a screen shot of the email or whatever asking her to leave, batalash posted that they were sorry their fans had to find out like that, and then jkissa removed her post.

That's all I know about it as well. I don't think any of them has actually talked about it tbh. But I would really want to know. I haven't really seen jkissa interact with any of the batalash girls since (though I don't really keep up with Twitter). But I have seen jkissa's friend Mykie (glam&gore) make shout outs to Sam every now and then so I guess it's not too bad anymore.
Yeah sam said they were friends again/hung out when she was in la, but they never post pics together or anything. I feel like there's still a little bit of something there

whateverthenok
Informer
Informer

Post by whateverthenok »

Honestly, it was for the better. Sam must be fuming that Jkissa is basically bff's with Jeffree Star and Michelle Phan and is being flown around to Japan and New York and stuff. Sam didn't even get invited to Turks and Caicos, which is funny because her Vancouver BFF Ginashkeda did, and she's less "relevant" than Sam is.

cali7r
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cali7r »

whateverthenok wrote:Honestly, it was for the better. Sam must be fuming that Jkissa is basically bff's with Jeffree Star and Michelle Phan and is being flown around to Japan and New York and stuff. Sam didn't even get invited to Turks and Caicos, which is funny because her Vancouver BFF Ginashkeda did, and she's less "relevant" than Sam is.
True, she's much more successful without batalash. I feel like dom and angela are so overshadowed by sam. Dom is way more talented, but since sam is "honest"/swears/has a bigger personality in general, not as many people know her. Although sam said she did get invited to T&C.

ourladyofsorrows
Informer
Informer

Post by ourladyofsorrows »

whateverthenok wrote:Honestly, it was for the better. Sam must be fuming that Jkissa is basically bff's with Jeffree Star and Michelle Phan and is being flown around to Japan and New York and stuff. Sam didn't even get invited to Turks and Caicos, which is funny because her Vancouver BFF Ginashkeda did, and she's less "relevant" than Sam is.
Samantha said she was invited to Turks and Caicos but she had to decline because Luke's dad was in the hospital, but then they broke up before the trip anyways (she said this on periscope)

whateverthenok
Informer
Informer

Post by whateverthenok »

Aaaand she's dyed her hair teal.

Greenteadaifuku
Talker
Talker

Post by Greenteadaifuku »

That hair color...don't think it'll go too great with her new lipstick.

Speaking of...

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Ugh, she's in there trying to save her image, but the companies you work with reflect onto you. She'll throw them under the bus to save face, but why would you collab with a scammy new brand with apparently poor quality and customer service if you actually cared? It's all for the money, as you'd know if you watch her periscopes.

This is EXACTLY why I can't stand her. People fall for her lip service. She doesn't live by her words at all. I'm confident! You all should love yourself self too! (Let me just photoshop myself to oblivion). I disclose when I'm working with a brand! (Let me not be open about this sponsorship since they won't give me the money if I do). I've only ever worked with companies I love and believe in! (Collabs with crappy new brand that blocks innocuous questions and imports products from China).

Seriously, I can't stand the hypocrisy and dishonesty. I would respect her more if she kept her big mouth shut, because her actions speak louder than the BS she spouts.

seshuma
Lurker
Lurker

Post by seshuma »

Is it just me or does this look like a bad bathroom dye job...?

[tweet][/tweet]

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

^This is like the number one thing everyone tells you not to do after a breakup. Don't fuck with your hair! It's always a bad idea and you always regret what you did 3 weeks later. If she gets bangs then y'all know this breakup was really bad for her.

Delphino
Talker
Talker

Post by Delphino »

^^ Is she trying to be Dom?

devildorito
Talker
Talker

Post by devildorito »

She must be overly influenced by Kylie Jenner. First the lip injections and now the teal hair.

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”