Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

nattydread

Re: Samantha Ravndahl - Fauxtographer & Frenemy - Part 5

Post by nattydread »

tatetatebaby wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 5:57 pm
Sam had her baby. No pics or name/gender reveal.

I keep checking IG on both accounts but she hasn't posted anything so far.....

Firecracker
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Firecracker »

She let it slip that it’s a boy. Apparently someone who follows Matt’s private twitter let the name slip on Reddit but deleted it— did anyone catch it?

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

We won’t see much of Sam after awhile. It’s easy to think making vids and podcasts are perfect for at-home parenting, and the first six months it seems so when the baby is sleeping a lot. But once the baby crawls you have to watch it non-stop, with no time to edit or film unless the baby is literally out of the house. Or you’re burning the late nite candle. Somewhere between six months and a year you begin to realize you’re gonna be watching the kid non-stop for the next four years for sure. Seen it happen to other YouTubers, they cut back or quit.

blue
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by blue »

Firecracker wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:08 pm
She let it slip that it’s a boy. Apparently someone who follows Matt’s private twitter let the name slip on Reddit but deleted it— did anyone catch it?
Luca.

Ohidontcare
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Ohidontcare »

I seriously made and account just to say thank you. I was so curious and I knew y’all would have the answers.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Reminds me of the Luca by Suzanne Vega. (sad song). So much for launching her Auric line too. No restock since it started.

snopey
Lurker
Lurker

Post by snopey »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:54 pm
We won’t see much of Sam after awhile. It’s easy to think making vids and podcasts are perfect for at-home parenting, and the first six months it seems so when the baby is sleeping a lot. But once the baby crawls you have to watch it non-stop, with no time to edit or film unless the baby is literally out of the house. Or you’re burning the late nite candle. Somewhere between six months and a year you begin to realize you’re gonna be watching the kid non-stop for the next four years for sure. Seen it happen to other YouTubers, they cut back or quit.
I’m sure she will get a nanny like many other working mums who can afford one.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I’m sure she will get a nanny like many other working mums who can afford one.
[/quote]

Not sure how easy it is to find one nowadays. Was reading about it last year with kids out of school, everyone desperate for nannies. But the appeal of the job is for foreign girls, who can’t travel now due to Covid restrictions. Girls from Central/South America do it to make money and see something of the country but there is nothing to go see during the pandemic. I’m not sure you can even get to Canada, the border is still closed.

ourladyofsorrows
Informer
Informer

Post by ourladyofsorrows »

Apparently people were also leaking baby pics from Matt's private IG and making Twitter accounts to post them, Sam deleted her twitter. Haven't seen any of them though

Magikbymelanie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Magikbymelanie »

So, the podcast is ending. I watched the video long enough to hear that it was ending, but not why it was ending. I can't sit through an entire episode, anyway. No big loss there.

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

Matt and her are moving again. Her white shelves were pretty empty behind her in the latest video and she explained that was the reason.

Are they going to take Alyssa with them ?

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Magikbymelanie wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:44 am
So, the podcast is ending. I watched the video long enough to hear that it was ending, but not why it was ending. I can't sit through an entire episode, anyway. No big loss there.
Alyssa took over the channel and renamed it "approached". I watched the first video, it's gonna be a murder mystery channel now? I found it hard to keep attention on the video tbh, don't think I will keep watching, I liked her and Sam together.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Alfaomega wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:19 am
Matt and her are moving again. Her white shelves were pretty empty behind her in the latest video and she explained that was the reason.

Are they going to take Alyssa with them ?
Moving right after giving birth? seems like a terrible idea.

I remember in one of the podcasts she was talking about how she'd like to step back from youtube once she has kids and have something else to rely on like a business (I guess auric was that idea).

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I guess she can see how all that stepping back worked out for Tati. Kinda hard to step back from a $10k+ a month gig that you don’t even need to leave home for.

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

I'm very curious as to where she's moving and to how Alyssa and her will keep collaborating (or not?) now that Sam is a mom.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Alfaomega wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:58 pm
I'm very curious as to where she's moving and to how Alyssa and her will keep collaborating (or not?) now that Sam is a mom.
Alyssa took over the podcast channel and changed the name to approached. She's doing true crime stories, her channel has lost like 2k subscribers so far. I am not into it, but wasn't really into approached either.

Is Alyssa moving with them into the new place too?

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:37 pm
I guess she can see how all that stepping back worked out for Tati. Kinda hard to step back from a $10k+ a month gig that you don’t even need to leave home for.
Was she really making that much?

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

She’s just shy of a million subs and a solid 100-150k views per vid to start, and she has massive affiliate revenue. Everything she features has affiliate links.

I’m not sure what her appeal is, maybe someone can explain. She has young followers. Maybe she is just relatable and it’s not the makeup content. I wish her well but find her revolting to watch, for two reasons. One is the bad skin. With her kind of revenue, she needs to do a course of Accutane. There’s no excuse or reason to watch a cosmetics guru whose skin is that bad. I’ve had cystic acne and I won’t watch someone who can’t take care of their skin. Two, the concealer lips. It’s so nauseating to look like you just got done vomiting, which is how her lips look. I don’t get why she won’t wear some kind of lip color. But I can’t stand looking at J-Lo either for the same reason.

Alfaomega
Learner
Learner

Post by Alfaomega »

I found Sam thanks to her "instagram vs reality" video, and thought she had a good sense of dry humour and also enjoyed the fact that she was Canadian like myself.

I also liked the approached podcast, because it was her talking about life. And she strikes me as a loner who spends a lot of time thinking about what is morally sound and how society and the planet functions.

I don't like her makeup videos as I never have learned anything practical from them? She isn't clear when she is doing makeup and doesnt even explain what she's doing. I don't find her content interesting anymore, and wish she would do more stuff relating to a) creative looks or b) the makeup/influencer industry c) activism and veganism d)moving, her life, home decor

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

The few videos I watched included bits about depression and having a hard time making content and this was awhile ago, I’d say maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years ago? I felt back then she’d lost any feeling of momentum on doing YouTube, what she did put up then was mostly just chatty GRWM and just posting to get something up.

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”