I, Tanya Cad-Burr-y: Will Tomato Make It Or Flake It?

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

I, Tanya Cad-Burr-y: Will Tomato Make It Or Flake It?

Post by meg1912 »

Here we are ladies, the moment we've all been waiting for is fast approaching! :corn: :corn: :corn:
What are your guesses, will Tomato make it or Flake it? And will Will actually assist her with said Flake?! Watch this space as this Flakey story unfolds!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: I, Tanya Cad-Burr-y: Will Tomato Make It Or Flake It?

Post by meg1912 »

Oh and here's a pic of Tomato to set the mood! ImageImageImageImage

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

:tu: <3

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Genuine question, why did we need a new thread when we were only at page 27 in the last one?

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

Lamour88 wrote:Genuine question, why did we need a new thread when we were only at page 27 in the last one?
I suggested on the other thread to start a new one only for us to place our bets, so to speak as to what will happen once the play starts. Pull off, actually do well, Flake, etc. That way it's easier for us to check back on and see who got it right as it would get lost in the middle of the other thread since it moves so quickly! Some ladies said it was a great idea, so that's the story!!

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

She will go through (badly) at the first day, but will be sick for all the other days. - That's my guess.

GreyStarGirl
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by GreyStarGirl »

I am HERE for this!

She will be terrible. Awful. She will be wooden, forget her lines, be unable to portray the essence of the character etc. Reviews will be scathing, except for a smattering that Gleam give some backhanders to. Team Gleam YouTube, of course, will obvs say she is both fabulous and beautiful :? And will all turn up to the previews to social media the f out of it as part of Gleam’s strategy for publicity and to drum up some interest.

Tarn will either not address her awfulness/the criticism or will brush it off when questioned (if she dismisses The Stage she’ll ignore anyone who doesn’t think she’s good/deserving in her deluded mind). She will plough on- this will not stop her persusing her primary school drama dreams! She will retweet her minions undying love for her ‘so proud of you Tan, you were AMAZING!’ etc to try and put a positive spin on things.

I too am struggling to imagine the play/her going the full run- I think that if anything, the play might close early due to poor ticket sales or reduce the number of performances for that reason. I don’t agree with the people who says she will be ill/drop out. Even if the critique is awful this is Tarn, remember, she has literally no shame. She may not be physically up to the role but this is Tanya Burr- she is going to CLING with all her desperation to this moment. Any even if it doesn’t work out, Gleam will prob micro manage everything to spare Tanya’s blushes.

After the play, she will continue to pick up bit parts friends/friends of friends offer her, or she will end up on Hollyoaks or something!!! :rofl:

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

Oh, loving reading your guesses!! :D :D :D <3 <3 <3
I think as the play fast approaches she'll definitely struggle with anxiety. I suspect she was told off for calling The Stage uneducated, as it was such an idiot/irresponsible move, so she knows how the pressure is on. As rehearsals continue, she'll definitely compare herself to her colleagues, who I have no doubt must be at least more talented than Tarn, so she'll start second guessing every single move of hers.
She'll tell Kate to invite some celebrities as she promised Director she'd bring them along so Daily Fail and such will do coverage! Lucy Williams, Suki Waterhouse, Daisy Lowe and maybe even newlywed Meghan Markle and Prince Harry?? I kid! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I agree, she most definitely won't pull out. This will either make or break her career and her pulling out would literally make her laughing stock and she'd never let that happen. I do think she will remember her lines, but will definitely deliver them like a robot. If anything, when she posted her scribbles with lines she was trying to memorise without any punctuation, that really says it all! :rofl:
There will be no chemistry between her and the 2 guys she'll make out with and it'll be painful to watch. I actually think there'll be no Flake scene, she's just banging on about it, in the hopes it'll actually help sell tickets. I'm sure she wouldn't be comfortable at all with such a scene and Rob obviously wants to make ticket sales machine Tarn happy, so he'll compromise on that.
Her not being used to projecting her voice, I actually have a feeling she might lose her voice at some point. It does actually happen to some theatre actors!! Hopefully they have a back-up Ella? I think that would be the only way she wouldn't do the full run. She'll obviously drink lots of energy drinks to keep her going. Hyper Flakey Tarn! :rofl: :rofl:
As GreyStarGirl said, reviews will be baaaaaaaad, apart from the ones Gleam "arranges". She'll blame jealousy, voodoo and all sorts of bullshit excuses and this will most definitely not make her career. I can imagine her Youtuber buddies making fun her her behind her back, but praising her when they're with her or on sm.
If she makes it until the end, she'll be on the verge if not in the middle of a nervous breakdown. Having a live audience and critics on her throat is not for her and she'll bang on about how it was such an incredible experience, but that her heart was never really on theatre, but on tv and film and that's what she'll focus on. I actually think she'll be in a couple films (maybe one in which Jim will write screenplay? :rofl:), but she'll have minor roles and ask for many takes because she wants to get it RIGHT!

In the meantime, if you want to have a laugh, here's a sneak peek of the upcoming rehearsal vlog:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kmare91
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kmare91 »

You combined all suggestions BRILLIANTLY.

But sticking to my original guess. I think she won't make it past opening night without then having a health or mental health crisis and "needing to" back out, therefore leaving the understudy to do it. I also don't think the flake and sexual scenes will be anything compared to how bad her acting is and how she can't even pull of basic lines without signs of extreme concentration and/ or mouthing other peoples' lines as they say them. It's going to be like a bad dancer counting other peoples steps. The whole thing will be a wreck IMO.

Alternate prediction is that she lasts longer than one night and makes it a week or so, and the response to her is so bad and she finally gets worn down and feels very out of place with the other actors that she makes aforementioned excuse and backs out then.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

I think she'll just make good use of her understudy. She'll do opening and closing night for sure because then it will look like she opened and closed the show, and as many as she can 'manage' in between, but the understudy is the perfect fallback for her.

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

kmare91 wrote:You combined all suggestions BRILLIANTLY.

But sticking to my original guess. I think she won't make it past opening night without then having a health or mental health crisis and "needing to" back out, therefore leaving the understudy to do it. I also don't think the flake and sexual scenes will be anything compared to how bad her acting is and how she can't even pull of basic lines without signs of extreme concentration and/ or mouthing other peoples' lines as they say them. It's going to be like a bad dancer counting other peoples steps. The whole thing will be a wreck IMO.

Alternate prediction is that she lasts longer than one night and makes it a week or so, and the response to her is so bad and she finally gets worn down and feels very out of place with the other actors that she makes aforementioned excuse and backs out then.
Oh thanks a lot! ImageImage I did my best, there were so many brilliant suggestions that I had to try and incorporate as many as possible!
Also, so interesting to hear you guys' opinions! Image

Here are the results so far for Tarn vs. Confidence:
Pulling out: 2
Not pulling out/holding on for dear life: 2
Opening/Closing night and some in between: 1
ImageImageImageImage

kmare91
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kmare91 »

Sorry for near double/ posting so soon again but left something out and couldn't edit.

I'm finally listening to the BBC interview, and I want to shake Nihal's hand.

But seriously, I might be changing my opinion slightly. I think honest to God.. she'll probably hold on. It's a real delusion and she literally thinks she's good enough. The fact that she says rehearsals are going to just fine, doesn't seem like a lie, it seems like she really THINKS it's going just fine...

I think, having heard this, since being underway with rehearsals, that she'll keep going for as long as possible because she's blind to her blatant failure. She's like an talent show contestant who you tell they're not good and tone deaf/ bad, and they just walk out saying " nah, they don't know what they're on about, I'm going to keep on". The delusion with her is so real and the passion to "be someone" famous like she wants is so strong I really think it would take a significant amount of criticism from the right people to make her stop.

I do think she'll break/ flake eventually but I think she'll hold out longer than I originally thought.

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

Yes, Nihal was a true gentleman!!
I think we're likely to change our opinions as weeks progress
If she were to make a list of reasons not to pull out, I'm sure it would outweigh the reasons to pull out. It's not just Tarn's neck that's on the line, Robert's is as well and if it was indeed a favour he did, Jim being a friend of his fiancé's, it could have serious repercussions, which is another reason why my money's on her holding on for dear life!

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

I think no amount of rehearsing can ever prepare this talentless hack, soooo... much like that audition she bombed in LA, she'll just go into Confidence on opening night with that, "Oh, whatever. It'll be fine." nonchalant/arrogant attitude, I mean, "confidence," of hers. :roll:

She'll either overact everything, or sound terribly rehearsed... but one thing's for sure, she'll have a dumb "concentrating hard" look on her red, puffy face throughout the performance trying to keep up with all the dialogue and everything. :lol: The other actors will undoubtedly outshine Tanya and sweep the floor with her. She'll have ZERO chemistry with that poor Will guy, you'll be able to "cut" the awkwardness in the theatre room with a knife.

The critic reviews will be harsh, yet there she'll be in true Tarn fashion obnoxiously Liking and retweeting the "So proud of you! Years of hard work and now you're making all your dreams a reality! You deserve to win an Oscar one day!" tweets from her annoying teenage fans that literally don't know better.

I agree totally with GreyStarGirl that she has no shame and will truck on with the performances- no way will Tanya give up her starring moment. She'll truck on with her deep-seated Hollywood delusions, too, but back on earth, the bit parts will dry up (they already are) and her agencies will drop her. Or, they should drop her after this flop, IMO, if her agents have any sort of sense of self-respect. It's embarrassing that you look through their clients page and everyone has impressive bodies of on-going work. Then there's our "born to perform" Tarn... with her pilot that never went to air... and the one-episode part as a hotel clerk.

Maybe if she gets dropped, reality will finally hit her. Or, maybe it'll never hit her. I bet she sees herself in those success "journey" stories you hear from celebrities e.g. Meryl Streep, who was told she was too ugly to star in King Kong, but that didn't stop her and she went on to be an Academy Award-winning actress. These slow periods, bad performances, and bad auditions Tanya's experiencing/will experience, she'll just chalk it all up to it not being her time and she'll go on believing in her egg head that she'll get her big break and "make it" one day.

Mini-Creature
Debater
Debater

Post by Mini-Creature »

Can't Wait! :corn: :corn:

ilovejumpers
Talker
Talker

Post by ilovejumpers »

I can see her dropping out and then going abroad to "relax" and "focus on herself". Or it will be like a school play and she'll look like a deer in the headlights. I think the flake scene probably won't happen she'll just overact that too.

Gizmo2323
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gizmo2323 »

I think she will back out but site an illness in the family to save face. I don't know if her ego will allow her to say she's struggling, not after putting on such show if how awwwwwesome it's going.

Which is a shame. I wonder if she'll ever get honest about how difficult this period of her life has been. Because it obviously has. So actually I hope she says it's because of mental health that she pulls out and then gets real about it.

Vulnerability isn't a weakness y'know Tarn, it makes you more human and less ego-driven-gleambot.

GreyStarGirl
Talker
Talker

Post by GreyStarGirl »

She is a fool for so outwardly criticising The Stage- she could have been a lot more diplomatic in what she said. If they are coming to the previews or see any of her theatre work in the future (if by some miracle there is any!) She’s set herself against them. Not cool.

This whole anxiety thing. Maaaaybe I’m being totally out of line here, but Tanya had anxiety when it was ‘fashionable’ to reveal on YouTube after Zoe did and it got you views/subscribers/attention. If you look at the rest of her personality, I just don’t think it matches, or ever had matched, with a person who has a full-on anxiety disorder. I think she’s had occasions where she’s felt overwhelmed in a situation and has had a panic attack, but I don’t think from what I have seen she ever had a serious mental health issue with it, she just exaggerated it for attention/to extend her YouTube. Now anxiety doesn’t suit her current actress persona/journey so well never hear about it again. Funny that.

As for chemistry- totally agree- she doesn’t even have it with her husband who she is been with since she was incredibly young, so she doesn’t have much experience to draw on, plus that guy looks a lot younger than her. Weird match in casting if you ask me.

At first I thought Gleam would hold back the racier parts of the play- some of the language, flake scene etc but it doesn’t seem like that right now, which I’m all for as it’s going to be all the more entertaining for it!

As for her celeb ‘mates’ coming to watch... I think not. All of those friendships seem very one sided with Tanya liking their Instas etc but it’s never reciprocated. If they don’t even like her sm content I don’t think they are going to turn up to watch her acting in some tiny, just above amateur, non-West end play. They probably won’t even want to be associated with it/her!

saranate
Learner
Learner

Post by saranate »

<3

Helmi
Debater
Debater

Post by Helmi »

kmare91 wrote:Sorry for near double/ posting so soon again but left something out and couldn't edit.

I'm finally listening to the BBC interview, and I want to shake Nihal's hand.

But seriously, I might be changing my opinion slightly. I think honest to God.. she'll probably hold on. It's a real delusion and she literally thinks she's good enough. The fact that she says rehearsals are going to just fine, doesn't seem like a lie, it seems like she really THINKS it's going just fine...

I think, having heard this, since being underway with rehearsals, that she'll keep going for as long as possible because she's blind to her blatant failure. She's like an talent show contestant who you tell they're not good and tone deaf/ bad, and they just walk out saying " nah, they don't know what they're on about, I'm going to keep on". The delusion with her is so real and the passion to "be someone" famous like she wants is so strong I really think it would take a significant amount of criticism from the right people to make her stop.

I do think she'll break/ flake eventually but I think she'll hold out longer than I originally thought.
The more I think about this whole thing, the more I agree with you. Tanya has absolutely zero self-awareness. It's a combination of her not being particularly bright and her parents obviously showering her with compliments throughout her childhood, giving her this false feeling that she can do no wrong. She has not had any higher education where she would need to challenge herself intellectually and get a real feeling of her capabilities. There's healthy self-confidence and then there's actual denial, which sadly, in Tanya's case, has lately turned into arrogance.

I have a feeling that she will ignore all criticism as "hate" and think that everyone was against her from the very beginning simply because she's a YouTuber. She will not see anything wrong with her talent. She will keep pursuing this unrealistic goal of hers as long as her YouTube income allows her to do so.

And if anyone needs a reminder of how delusional Tanya may be about her own skills, just look at her baking video from a couple of years back. The cake looks like it was made by a 9 year old but Tanya is looking at in awe, obviously expecting praise from everyone.

[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “Tanya Burr”