Tanya Durrt: "Acting" dumb 24/7 - Part 21

vivaglam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tanya Durrt: "Acting" dumb 24/7 - Part 21

Post by vivaglam »

I can't stand the amount of times she says um in her videos. Everything she does comes across as unprofessional and unprepared because of it.
Tarn the fashion guru is always a great laugh though. She's so clueless, but thinks she has chic style. It's tragic. The worst outfit for me was the Gucci t-shirt and denim shorts. I know it's not always about dressing in a flattering way and if you like something you should wear it, but Tarn, please buy the right size if you want to wear these hideous clothes. Those shorts looked painful.
I saw Emma Roberts wearing that green dress with Converse recently and it hung effortlessly on her, not like how Tarn wears it and it looks as though the buttons are about to burst open. At least she said she finally got rid of the button up denim skirt that had the same strained look though. That's one step in the right direction.
The two outfits with the jeans, sandals and the orange frill top and white shirt were the best imo. It actually suited her body type and made her look somewhat sophisticated. The Converse/Vans with dresses/dungarees look does not suit her at all. Leave it to the teenagers Tarn and dress for your body type and age.

Can I suggest Tanyangles Tarn as the next thread name :rofl:

cynth94
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by cynth94 »

I rather look at someone with curves, looking healthy and glowing than a skinny person.
Like someone said before size 12 is considered normal yet society makes it sound disgusting. Sad. I bet men find her very attractive. Also her feet don't look bad to me either? There are much worse feet out there.

That being said I have a question. People always complain about Zoe doing shit all day but Tanya makes as many videos as Zoe does am I right? Like 2 a month of we are good? Why doesn't she get called out for it? She seems just as lazy. Or what else does she do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DollyMixture
Talker
Talker

Post by DollyMixture »

There's nothing really wrong with Tanya's size, she's curvy sure but a long old way from being fat. I think she looks bigger than she is because her clothes don't usually fit or flatter her

wwabbe
Stalker
Stalker

Post by wwabbe »

My first thought was "Is she pregnant?" but then thought that nah, the dress she is wearing is just so unflattering and she has gained some weight. Her bmi must be guite high, atleast 24 or so, because she is in no way healthy size anymore, she is very close to being over weight if she already isn't. One can be happy at that size and if she is, then alright, good for her. But she definitely should get clothes that fit her and are flattering on her figure. She should size up.

vivaglam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by vivaglam »

cynth94 wrote:That being said I have a question. People always complain about Zoe doing shit all day but Tanya makes as many videos as Zoe does am I right? Like 2 a month of we are good? Why doesn't she get called out for it? She seems just as lazy. Or what else does she do?
Plenty of people call her out on her laziness, but I think Tarn gets off easier because of what she does outside of youtube. She travels regularly, is involved with her makeup line, takes acting and piano lessons, reads new and challenging books, does baking and has genuine friendships. She just generally makes more out of life than Zoe and at least tries to expand her mind. Zoe just rots away on the couch week after week, and when she does go, out she'll only ever do the same things with the same people and go to the same places. Tarn is a dim as they come, and may not be good at the things she does but at least she tries.
DollyMixture wrote:There's nothing really wrong with Tanya's size, she's curvy sure but a long old way from being fat. I think she looks bigger than she is because her clothes don't usually fit or flatter her
I agree, and I think that's what a lot of people mean when they talk about what she wears and how she looks. Like I said about Emma Roberts wearing one of the same dresses, Tarn wears clothes for that body type and not her own. If she at least wore the right size she'd look much better, but she's more concerned with wearing 'it' items than wearing things that suit and flatter her.

okpeach
Informer
Informer

Post by okpeach »

i think it's more her not wearing the right clothes that flatter her shape and even her haircut being a tad too short than her "gaining weight". she works out quite often and eats pretty healthy. i think she looks relatively the same as she has the past couple years. plus her whole family isn't thin so it could be genes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WitchPlease
Debater
Debater

Post by WitchPlease »

okpeach wrote:she works out quite often and eats pretty healthy.
Um... does she?
okpeach wrote:plus her whole family isn't thin so it could be genes.
Her mum's thinner than her.

I'm totally fine with Tarn being whatever size, I just wish she'd stop dressing like a frumpy toddler.

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

I personally think she has a lovely figure. She could use that to her advantage, in order to promote that size 12 (which I assume she is) is not fat or even curvy. But, instead of that, Tan squeezes herself in clothing one or two sizes too small. It's such a shame, especially with her teenage audience.
With the resources she's got (and the money she's already spending on these horrendous clothes- £400 jumper anyone?) she could have her clothes professionally tailored that would hug her figure in all the right places, rather than showcasing the "chubbier" ones. :roll:

marakoojah_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by marakoojah_ »

she's fat to me maybe cause im asian and our beauty standards are different. what people in the US would call average is fat to us

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

Writing her baking book made her a bit plumper because after that I noticed her looking bigger. She must have eaten a lot of butter-laden recipes while putting it together and it's hard sometimes to come back down after weight gain because you're hooked on the sugar!
I guess that video (at the start of the year? Ive lost track) where she said she was making a new start eating healthily, was the beginning of her trying to shed what she gained maybe.

ClareKnowsNothing
Informer
Informer

Post by ClareKnowsNothing »

I think she overcompensates when she tries to eat "healthy". Her what I eat in a day videos seem to have very little calories in them, I wouldn't be surprised if she yoyos quite a bit because of it and has even gained a bit of weight in the process.

labenx
Informer
Informer

Post by labenx »

I think she just takes after her dad in terms of body structure. I think she's pretty, just not thin. She's going to keep gaining weight as she gets older or is she decides to get pregnant. As long as she's happy...
I don't think it translates well into a career in fashion/acting though as you need to be quite thin to pull it off...

Emmy25
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Emmy25 »

Nothing wrong with her size but she's got bigger and won't buy bigger clothes. A lot of people do this with the idea of losing a few pounds to fit into them but it genuinely seems like she doesn't realise she needs to go up a size.

yenshann
Lurker
Lurker

Post by yenshann »

I don't know what is the average size for westerners but as an Asian, she's considered quite fat. It's fine to have a bigger built with low body fat but you can obviously see her belly protruding out in every direction and that surely doesn't look healthy to me, be it Asian or western standards. I don't think her actual fat % will be considered healthy.

ItsMarie
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsMarie »

She looks like a 40+ year old lunch lady in this dress, and her hair doesn't help the situation.
Also, 2 jumpers and 2 pairs of boots are in her summer wardrobe, but she was wearing shorter jeans that showed her bare ankles with low converse and Adidas trainers in winter? I remember her wearing that in Vlogmas evenImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

ItsMarie wrote:She looks like a 40+ year old lunch lady in this dress, and her hair doesn't help the situation.
Also, 2 jumpers and 2 pairs of boots are in her summer wardrobe, but she was wearing shorter jeans that showed her bare ankles with low converse and Adidas trainers in winter? I remember her wearing that in Vlogmas evenImage

But you know she HAS TO boast about her new Acne boots and overpriced Coach jumper...

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

She looks sooooo bad in that dress and a lot of the outfits from the video. The fashion did not inspire me at all...she's so useless!

vivaglam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by vivaglam »

ItsMarie wrote:She looks like a 40+ year old lunch lady in this dress, and her hair doesn't help the situation.
Also, 2 jumpers and 2 pairs of boots are in her summer wardrobe, but she was wearing shorter jeans that showed her bare ankles with low converse and Adidas trainers in winter? I remember her wearing that in Vlogmas even[img]<a class="vglnk" href="//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 98326f.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20170526</span><span>/</span><span>c3cf04c3a825f9cc7976d3c8a898326f</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]
I'd say she looks more like a teacher in the white dress. The green floral one was more like lunch lady vibes. I agree with the middle aged part though :rofl:

blairwaldorf8
Talker
Talker

Post by blairwaldorf8 »

ChloeVFA wrote:
Also, 2 jumpers and 2 pairs of boots are in her summer wardrobe, but she was wearing shorter jeans that showed her bare ankles with low converse and Adidas trainers in winter? I remember her wearing that in Vlogmas even[img]<a class="vglnk" href="//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201705 ... 98326f.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20170526</span><span>/</span><span>c3cf04c3a825f9cc7976d3c8a898326f</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

But you know she HAS TO boast about her new Acne boots and overpriced Coach jumper...

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
I find it proper cringey that she brought a rail down and started talking about how she had put together this collection over a few weeks as if she is some professional stylist or something. All the while wearing an old grannies duvet cover....just can't take her seriously

kathrynnorton13
Learner
Learner

Post by kathrynnorton13 »

Her shout-out to Good Guys Don't Wear Leather was ridiculous. She showed off her massive leather jacket and several pairs of leather boots not moments before saying that...

Return to “Tanya Burr”