Tanya Burr, the copycat!

bloodcoffee
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tanya Burr, the copycat!

Post by bloodcoffee »

I know we aren't allowed to diagnose.. but single white female syndrome much?

ThirdElvira
Learner
Learner

Post by ThirdElvira »

Haha, this thread is my new favourite thing! :rofl:

lolita_blah
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lolita_blah »

Ladies and gentlemen, the moment we have all been waiting for: the infamous Zoella's disco pants!!! :rofl: :rofl:

... voilĂ :

:love2:

kirrrrsty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kirrrrsty »

Zoe says it outright in Tanya's most recent vlog. (dont usually watch them but anything to procrastinate essay writing!)
When Tanya wants to do her nails and says the Essie colour looks like her "penguin chick" and Zoe compares them. They're almost exact and she calls Tanya a copycat before Tanya claims it's "a dupe".

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Tanya Burr, the copycat!

Post by bits »

It's not just that polish that's exactly like other brands', it's all of them. The colors in her nail range are the most basic of the basic and their names don't help things either. That's what drives me bananas... She's supposed to be a guru, yet her polishes are the most overdone shades all smushed into one collection. Not that you can't have some classics like red or whatnot but why not put your own spin on them?

I'm curious how much control she actually has over the color/formula though, and how much of it is just her manufacturer slapping her name on generic products...
@zoella shove ya gingerbread cutter up ya arse xoxo

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

bits wrote:It's not just that polish that's exactly like other brands', it's all of them. The colors in her nail range are the most basic of the basic and their names don't help things either. That's what drives me bananas... She's supposed to be a guru, yet her polishes are the most overdone shades all smushed into one collection. Not that you can't have some classics like red or whatnot but why not put your own spin on them?

I'm curious how much control she actually has over the color/formula though, and how much of it is just her manufacturer slapping her name on generic products...
^Yes! I doubt she had much say in terms of colours, but at the same time, I wouldn't say that Tanya is the most creative youtuber out there, so maybe she did (and picked the most basic, boring ones that all other brands already do).
I get it if you're 12 and barely own any polishes and want some basic ones, Tanya's line might be a good choice, but I had a look at the polishes that I own, and I already own all the shades that Tanyas line got, but from brands like Essie or OPI.
Maybe that's why you never see any other 'gurus' talking about them? Because she just made a line made out of boring dupes that everyone has seen before?

English is not my first language

Post by Guest »

vanillakid wrote:
bits wrote:It's not just that polish that's exactly like other brands', it's all of them. The colors in her nail range are the most basic of the basic and their names don't help things either. That's what drives me bananas... She's supposed to be a guru, yet her polishes are the most overdone shades all smushed into one collection. Not that you can't have some classics like red or whatnot but why not put your own spin on them?

^Yes! I doubt she had much say in terms of colours, but at the same time, I wouldn't say that Tanya is the most creative youtuber out there, so maybe she did (and picked the most basic, boring ones that all other brands already do).
I get it if you're 12 and barely own any polishes and want some basic ones, Tanya's line might be a good choice, but I had a look at the polishes that I own, and I already own all the shades that Tanyas line got, but from brands like Essie or OPI.
Maybe that's why you never see any other 'gurus' talking about them? Because she just made a line made out of boring dupes that everyone has seen before?
Speaking of her polishes and other brands, it's a crying shame when high end brands for nail polishes (back in the days when dior etc wasnt in the market for actual polish) are cheaper than hers. Like for real? Essie is cheaper here than hers ,that said id be buying hers internationally and then adding conversion rates it comes out more expensive ..but for crappy polishes that streak that is amazing. It would be like if poundland decided to create their own line and instead of selling in their shops went else where so they could charge more.

I will never purchase her goods as long as theyre more expensive than bigger better brands both nails and lips lines!!

littlej
Lurker
Lurker

Post by littlej »

Zoe has written a book... Fleur announced she is writing a book... and now, surprise, surprise: Tanya is writing a book!

mascaramadam
Learner
Learner

Post by mascaramadam »

greeny wrote:Is it just me or are her feet super small in the very pictures? It's weird.
I reckon the next thing will be a book because she looves reading... It will probably be a style book I think.
^^greeny called it, two months ago! Have you considered a career as a psychic, greeny? :D

Sweetylein27
Debater
Debater

Post by Sweetylein27 »

Well lets just think about the title... The Book 'Love Rosie' is very popular plus it is in the movies now and guess what tanyas book is called Love Tanya..! What a copycat
English is not my first language.

Post by Guest »

I can imagine her avidly following and dreaming of Rosie's lifestyle :P

[instagram][/instagram]

[instagram][/instagram]

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

She recently purchased a pair of Stuart Weitzman boots in suede; Niomi also owns a pair but in leather.

Image Image

http://www.selfridges.com/en/Womens/Sho ... nee-boots/

amber202
Talker
Talker

Post by amber202 »

Now watching her 'wedding dress' vlog and in it she referrs to Jim as "Jimbob" and I couldn't believe it....really? How to you copy someone's pet name for their loved one?!!! Is nothing sacred with that girl!!!

bundy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bundy »

LadyBugB wrote:She recently purchased a pair of Stuart Weitzman boots in suede; Niomi also owns a pair but in leather.

Image Image

http://www.selfridges.com/en/Womens/Sho ... nee-boots/
Yeah when im watching the vlog earlier, i noticed hey isnt that knee high boots same as niomi but im surprised even the brand is the same

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

amber202 wrote:Now watching her 'wedding dress' vlog and in it she referrs to Jim as "Jimbob" and I couldn't believe it....really? How to you copy someone's pet name for their loved one?!!! Is nothing sacred with that girl!!!
To be fair, I actually remember Tanya calling him this all the time ago many years ago. In fact I think Jims username even used to be jimmybobba01 or something along those lines. Jim isn't even his real name is it? I think it's actually James.

Post by Guest »

Nin wrote:
amber202 wrote:Now watching her 'wedding dress' vlog and in it she referrs to Jim as "Jimbob" and I couldn't believe it....really? How to you copy someone's pet name for their loved one?!!! Is nothing sacred with that girl!!!
To be fair, I actually remember Tanya calling him this all the time ago many years ago. In fact I think Jims username even used to be jimmybobba01 or something along those lines. Jim isn't even his real name is it? I think it's actually James.
Yeah Nin is right, tanya has actually been calling him jimbobs and bobs for quite some time. If I recall correctly as far back as 2011. His username was jimmybobo1 i think? Awe but Jim is just short for james. The variations of that name is unreal. James, Jay, Jamie, Jim, Jimmy, i've even heard/seen Jams/jamz being used!!

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

It was j1mmyb0bba. That username still leads to his youtube channel

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

QurikyDuck wrote:
Nin wrote:
Yeah Nin is right, tanya has actually been calling him jimbobs and bobs for quite some time. If I recall correctly as far back as 2011. His username was jimmybobo1 i think? Awe but Jim is just short for james. The variations of that name is unreal. James, Jay, Jamie, Jim, Jimmy, i've even heard/seen Jams/jamz being used!!
Even though she didn't actually copy anyone with "Jimbob", I wouldn't really put it past her, though, to do something like that.

English is not my first language

greeny
Learner
Learner

Post by greeny »

mascaramadam wrote:
greeny wrote:Is it just me or are her feet super small in the very pictures? It's weird.
I reckon the next thing will be a book because she looves reading... It will probably be a style book I think.
^^greeny called it, two months ago! Have you considered a career as a psychic, greeny? :D
Haha, not psychic - I just know what Tan Tan is like as a copy cat! I like that her book is going to be more creative. If I'm honest it seems like the book deal for Tan probably went hand in hand with Zoe's deal through Gleam - like one does a lifestyle book, the other does a novel.

lark1234
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lark1234 »

Is it just me or does her book cover look like the movie If I Stay book cover?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tanya Burr”