Asian MUAs feedsback

KittyChris123
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Asian MUAs feedsback

Post by KittyChris123 »

Zoeva wrote:Saw this bride on shamalahairartist posted on her page. Love the hairdo but look at that makeup!!!! It’s done by dreaming dahlia, who charges 300-400 just for makeup. That makeup doesn’t look good to me at all, if you take the dress and hair out, it doesn’t look bridal or any special. I would never pay this amount of money for this makeup Image
I wouldn’t say the makeup doesn’t look bad. It just look filtered it looks *normal* to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KittyChris123
Talker
Talker

Post by KittyChris123 »

Would***

maxmarabh
Informer
Informer

Post by maxmarabh »

The makeup looks really basic to me.

preeinggg
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by preeinggg »

I find all of this so irritating! I'm an MUA and I know myself and so many other lesser known MUAs struggle so much to get noticed because we refuse to edit/facetune our clients. Not only this, but I've had so many people approach me and ask me about prices and availability but because I don't charge nearly as much as the well known insta MUAs, people are usually dismissive because they think when they are paying more, they're going to get something more.. I'm so glad accounts like sweetpeachesandco exist because all of these Facetune using MUAs need to get off their high horse and the people that are considering booking them need to realise that they really aint shidddd

Post by Guest »

preeinggg wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:30 am
I find all of this so irritating! I'm an MUA and I know myself and so many other lesser known MUAs struggle so much to get noticed because we refuse to edit/facetune our clients. Not only this, but I've had so many people approach me and ask me about prices and availability but because I don't charge nearly as much as the well known insta MUAs, people are usually dismissive because they think when they are paying more, they're going to get something more.. I'm so glad accounts like sweetpeachesandco exist because all of these Facetune using MUAs need to get off their high horse and the people that are considering booking them need to realise that they really aint shidddd
I know this is none of my business and you probably know how to run your own business as a MUA but have you considered offering interested/potentiel clients a free bridal makeup trial so they can see your work before deciding whether they want to book you or not. It’s a tough industry and the competition is real so just an idea of how to attract clients.

preeinggg
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by preeinggg »

Yes, I've tried this but people assume because you're offering this it's because you're not in high demand (if that makes sense) and as such you're not good. It's confusing how some peoples brains work tbh..

curiousme19
Debater
Debater

Post by curiousme19 »

Just a general question.. do these south Asian MUA’s on Instagram pay tax?

People like tanji.s, shanarabeauty, beautybyaisha,etc - so any of these pay tax on their bookings?

Surely once HMRC know about this they can start taxing these MUA’s???

pineapple_12345
Informer
Informer

Post by pineapple_12345 »

curiousme19 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:02 pm
Just a general question.. do these south Asian MUA’s on Instagram pay tax?

People like tanji.s, shanarabeauty, beautybyaisha,etc - so any of these pay tax on their bookings?

Surely once HMRC know about this they can start taxing these MUA’s???
lol u think if they get taxed they'd be in harrods all the time and buying tacky designer shit? no ma'am.
ofc its all tax free. cash in hand.
thats why we all need to take a stand and report them! we people work so fucking hard for our money its not fair they evade this.
most of them DO A SHITTY JOB AT IT TOO and photoshop their clients pics with 3853509 filters which is deception.
its beyond ridiculous how much they charge and for what? are they even certified make up artists with actual qualifications?

in-x
Talker
Talker

Post by in-x »

Hi! I’m getting married next year early summer and am looking for make up artist, I am very confused with who’s good and who’s just overpriced and overhyped ... I’m interested if anyone has had experience with Sophiamakeupartist ??

Lovenna
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lovenna »

in-x wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:57 am
Hi! I’m getting married next year early summer and am looking for make up artist, I am very confused with who’s good and who’s just overpriced and overhyped ... I’m interested if anyone has had experience with Sophiamakeupartist ??
I would 100% recommend @shamamalik I would 110% avoid sadiyah Rahman. She’s absolutely awful!

Zoeva
Learner
Learner

Post by Zoeva »

What’s everyone’ Opinion about soniazarine makeup artist? I find her brides look extra cakey and yellow? None of her brides have that beautiful glow or natural look? They all look same with tons of foundation and banana powder!!!

Post by Guest »

Dontcha wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:17 pm
What annoys me the most is when these MUAs rant about being a bride who pays for a party or bridesmaid look? I know some brides dont want to look like a bride with the OTT MAKEUP.. they shouldn't feel the need to request bridal if they want bridesmaid or party look.. If they choose that then thats fine party it is.. Of course if the client goes and says oh add extra blah blah then I understand the MUAS point of view.. However, if a bridal client asks for a party look and pays for a party look then GIVE THEM A PARTY look.. Its a joke ive seen MUAs say if you a bride then you will be charge bridal party? Hellooo client wants PARTY give her bridesmaid party.. How hard is it to understand..

Yes muas in UK are out here asking for £800+ and yes brides are paying it..
i remember tanji explaining how she refused and cancelled a booking for a bride after she found out that the bride bought the party package ON HER WEDDING DAY

if that doesn’t scream bitch i don’t know what does. she should have explained it clearly before better AFTER the incident like (for future reference guys i can only take brides for the bridal package. no other package)

i can’t stand her after knowing she did that. spiteful and greedy bitch probably ruined someone’s day who may have just been simply unaware

where is the professionalism

Post by Guest »

mahransmum wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:55 am
OMG GUYS! Anyone see those posts on twitter about Shanarabeauty?

How she missed her allocated time for a bride, came two hours late, turned up and did a shithouse of a job and then demanded full payment. The family offered half the money to which she started cussing and saying she’ll call the police!
Also she said she overslept and thus was late but her husband lied and said she was late back from bookings... I mean, if that was me, idgaf, I paid for you to be here at a certain time and you made me miss 2 hours of my wedding, and then made me look half done in 30 mins? DEMANDING THE FULL PAYMENT????

Artofliza did this to one of my cousins recently, she called on the day of her wedding to say that she can’t attend, will send her sister out instead. What she was left with was essentially a party makeup. These MUAs talk about deposits and contracts, but never hold up their end of the bargain.

i would suggest any client to also stand their ground and also be assertive too. Demand a written contract since they think their so good at contract law. Read the clauses one by one.

Ask questions on what happens on the event of (if it’s missing, ask why it’s missing)
- failure to arrive on the specified time
- substituting the make up artist for another make up artist than intended
- not fulfilling the allocated time in getting ready (of 1 hour, 2 hour etc whatever it may be)

they would get SHOOK because you’ve done your research and can hold it against them. as a consumer you should protect yourself - considering you’re paying anything between £200-800 for their service

if they say “find someone else” or “don’t waste my time” then it will say A LOT about them. client care should be everything

Post by Guest »

MissEye wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:20 am
Hi everyone, was interested in this feed and agree with a lot of the comments people have posted.
I agree that it is so frustrating that some of these MUA's don't publish their prices. I have been doing research to work out budgets etc. for the future and I pretty much gave up on putting a fixed budget on a bridal MUA for the future because most won't give you a price unless you give them a date!

I've heard really good feedback about Makeup By Mus- she's quite friendly and provided helpful suggestions when she worked on my friends bridal looks.

If anyone knows of any west midlands based artists that are worth checking out then let me know :)

if muas actually included their price lists integrily and honestly maybe they wouldn’t have to waste their money on a dumb ass PA and waste of time queries once they find out the actual price

Post by Guest »

mahransmum wrote:
maxmarabh wrote:Why do these MUAs book so many brides back to back? Do one morning and one evening bride, why do they squeeze 4 before 10.30 lol, that's asking for trouble..this is always the number one issue amongst brides, that they run late and it has a knock on effect.

I do feel that the brides family did behave disgustingly and do believe shanara as she almost relayed everything verbatim, however I do think she has omitted certain details.

For e.g she took a deposit right? So with her apology she should have offered a heavy discount before she started the makeup, but I'm sure she didn't and was cheeky hoping the bride wouldn't say anything.

How much deposit do they take, if its half the full amount, than half is what I would have said she deserves

Also didn’t mention how long she spent on doing the makeup. The bride quoted 30 mins. That is NOT enough to do a party makeup, let alone an intricate or well executed bridal!

I believe they take back to back appts wherever they can because their work is seasonal, so they must make their year’s money in this peak season or throughout the year by offering 1-1s, masterclasses etc, which obviously isn’t a stable or guaranteed salary.

Risky life!

exactly they take on 4 clients in such a short time frame, do they not account for traffic, finding parking, carrying kit to house and setting up? so so unprofessional.

I remember this whole drama that unfolded and interesting to see the other side.

I would be devestated if a MUA only spent 30 minutes on a full face of make up. that is a slap to the face 😂 i probably spend 30 minutes on my make up for work lmao

Post by Guest »

preeinggg wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:30 am
could you mention and suggest some artists please! getting bored of the same recylced artists and their heavily edited work...

s_b_x_9_6
Stalker
Stalker

Post by s_b_x_9_6 »

in-x wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:57 am
@sammiebeauty_ on insta. Prices are on website, none of that hidden stuff

nabilaahmad
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by nabilaahmad »

I am also looking for a MUA based in London for August 2020 and do not want to pay around 800-1000. Around 400 is fine for me. Any recommendations?

nabilaahmad
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by nabilaahmad »

preeinggg wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:53 am
Yes, I've tried this but people assume because you're offering this it's because you're not in high demand (if that makes sense) and as such you're not good. It's confusing how some peoples brains work tbh..

where are you based? If you are based in London or willing to travel to London then i would be happy to have a trial with you (also paying you for it)

nabilaahmad
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by nabilaahmad »

I found a really nice MUA named cakeup.makeup.by.annum and her quotes are well reasonable... Unfortunately she is unavailable for my date in August 2020... I contacted summayamua for make up and she has charged 170 for travel and I am based in London..... I cannot believe it

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”