EUROPEAN GURUS

Barna1984
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EUROPEAN GURUS

Post by Barna1984 »

I've just got into watching beauty gurus, KathleenLights is one of my favorites, even though we aren't really similar, she just seems down to earth and is easy to watch, not too loud/fake, and her looks are fairly minimal which is the style that I like. I have some problems with her reviews though, 1 she is based in the US and I live in Europe so many of the products she uses/likes, I can't find, unless it's in Sephora or available online. 2, her eyes are a different shape than mine, and while I can go off her color recommendations, I have ever so slightly hooded eyes, and can not do some of her looks. And 3, her skin type is so different to mine that I really can't take her advice on foundations. She is dry while I am combo/acne prone. SOOOOO, while I still love watching Kathleen because she seems so genuine and I think her personality is just so charming, though a tad goody-goody for me sometimes lol, I am looking for a more practical guru for myself. 3 criteria: based in Europe/UK, smaller lids than Kathleen (haha if that makes sense...???), and problematic skin. as a bonus::: And it'd be even better if she/he were pale warm toned and if she were more minimalistic, like Kathleen.

yteri
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: EUROPEAN GURUS

Post by yteri »

I'm no fairy godmother so can't give requirements 2 and 3 since they're so specific but some European youtubers I like that don't fall into the category of 'the British Crowd' (Zoella, Tanya Burr etc) and speak English are easyNeon who's Moldovan, TheLineUp who're Swedish (they mainly do fashion but feature some beauty videos) and CutiePieMarzia (although I haven't been too fond of her newer videos) is Italian and lives in England. It depends where in Europe you live too because its an entire continent haha so there's going to be people who make videos only in their native language that I wouldn't know of.

Barna1984
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Barna1984 »

wow thanks! and yeah, I know my criteria was quite specific, but ya never know, right!? I watched a bit of CutiePieMarzia and while she seems nice, I can't really get past her voice. I'm not trashing her, just not my thing. The other 3 you mentioned seem good though! I am situated in Spain, so spanish speaking gurus are fine as well. I just can't seem to find any from here.... strangely. Anyway, Thanks again, and to anyone elese reading, more suggestions, please! =)

BeautyBeastA
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by BeautyBeastA »

Barna1984 wrote:wow thanks! and yeah, I know my criteria was quite specific, but ya never know, right!? I watched a bit of CutiePieMarzia and while she seems nice, I can't really get past her voice. I'm not trashing her, just not my thing. The other 3 you mentioned seem good though! I am situated in Spain, so spanish speaking gurus are fine as well. I just can't seem to find any from here.... strangely. Anyway, Thanks again, and to anyone elese reading, more suggestions, please! =)
Stephanie Lange does a lot of hooded eyes tutorials (some say the best on YT) and she's got oily/combo skin (cool undertone).
However, I wouldn't call her minimalist (she over draws her lips AND her eyebrows and does often/sometimes go overboard in general).
Regardless of this, I love her - she's the sweetest YouTuber imo and the first one I ever watched.
She used to post 3 vids a week but I have a feeling that she's been too busy with her day job/life as she only posts one a week now, if we're lucky! She might have grown tired the whole YT thing, who knows.

She's not European unfortunately but Australian. She is a professional make up artist though which is a plus.

Hope this helps :tu:

BeautyBeastA
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by BeautyBeastA »

And, following my previous post, I remembered Wayne Goss and Beauty and the Boutique.
They are both in the UK. Oh, and Lisa Eldridge (the Queen of make up and a celebrity make up artist)

LaDolceVita
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LaDolceVita »

I actually have a beauty channel on YT. You can find me under Bambou Leila Joy :) I'm pale, have problematic skin (acne prone and a lot of acne scarring bc of it), I'm European (Belgian, to be specific) and even though my eyes aren't hooded or anything, they're definitely smaller than Kathleens lol. My skin also has a warm undertone (yellow). And i look absolutely crazy bc my face is a lot paler than my body haha

I hope you find some great beauty gurus! :D xo

LaDolceVita
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LaDolceVita »

I actually have a beauty channel on YT. You can find me under Bambou Leila Joy :) I'm pale, have problematic skin (acne prone and a lot of acne scarring bc of it), I'm European (Belgian, to be specific) and even though my eyes aren't hooded or anything, they're definitely smaller than Kathleens lol. My skin also has a warm undertone (yellow). And i look absolutely crazy bc my face is a lot paler than my body haha

I hope you find some great beauty gurus! :D xo

addicted2gossip

Post by addicted2gossip »

I don't think you'll find the exact kind of youtuber that you're looking for, because European youtubers who speak English in their videos (apart from the British and Irish crew, obviously) are hard to find. The only one I can think of now which is closest to your criteria is Linda Hallberg.

Katten_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Katten_ »

glamwiz wrote:I don't think you'll find the exact kind of youtuber that you're looking for, because European youtubers who speak English in their videos (apart from the British and Irish crew, obviously) are hard to find. The only one I can think of now which is closest to your criteria is Linda Hallberg.
Linda Hallberg doesn't really seem to have oily / acne prone skin and I think she's more of a cool undertone as well. Also her looks usually aren't that wearable / minimalistic.

But I can't think of anyone matching the criteria either to be honest.

addicted2gossip

Post by addicted2gossip »

Katten_ wrote:
glamwiz wrote:I don't think you'll find the exact kind of youtuber that you're looking for, because European youtubers who speak English in their videos (apart from the British and Irish crew, obviously) are hard to find. The only one I can think of now which is closest to your criteria is Linda Hallberg.
Linda Hallberg doesn't really seem to have oily / acne prone skin and I think she's more of a cool undertone as well. Also her looks usually aren't that wearable / minimalistic.

But I can't think of anyone matching the criteria either to be honest.
in one of her videos she said she had acne when she was a teen and her skin is damaged from it, probably because of the harsh medications.

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”