Colleen Ballinger - The One & Only Lactating Super Sugar Mama On Broadway - Part 7

fobbeh
Learner
Learner

Re: Colleen Ballinger - The One & Only Lactating Super Sugar Mama On Broadway - Part 7

Post by fobbeh » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:33 pm

The screaming....yikes. I hope it wasn’t like that every time she walked on stage.

YouslessTube
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Colleen Ballinger - The One & Only Lactating Super Sugar Mama On Broadway - Part 7

Post by YouslessTube » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Holy shit dude. Her fans are actually dangerously insane. Like I literally bet the all the mental institutions are empty on the day she has a show since they’re all in attendance. They treat her like Jesus. I hope karma screws her over one day.

p8oonya
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by p8oonya » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Just listened to an audio download of her performance of “When He Sees Me” from tonight’s performance. I’m going to be totally honest (as a theatre kid and waitress fan) it was... not good. Her performance was both too cartoony but also bland. She sounded like Miranda with a REALLY bad southern accent. She could have spent way more on her accent and timing... instead of complaining about how big her boobs are and telling everyone how great her husband is. Maybe I’m just being salty, but it’s sad what Broadway is becoming. Instead of putting GOOD actors on stage, it’s all about selling the most tickets by casting people with bigger fan bases (ex. They casted joe sugg in the west end version of waitress??? Shocking!)
but I mean, I love waitress and all, but it’s unable to run that long and make bank without some celebrity being in it. Well, I guess if that’s what pays the bills...

frizzzx86
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by frizzzx86 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:27 pm

i know youtubers are popular...but is she THAT popular? really??

longsalamander
Stalker
Stalker

Post by longsalamander » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:50 pm

manhattanite and long time lurker of all things GG, I went to see the show tonight because I was really curious to see her debut and the house was pa-a-a-acked with tween girls. they screamed everytime a brunette in a waitress outfit came onstage until Colleen finally did...and then they lost their shit when she did, obviously. objectively, she was noticeably timid the first few scenes but recovered quick. 100% sounded like miranda with a southern accent, i can see why they picked her for this. i know this isn't the standard commentary but i thought y'all might be curious about how it went. hard not to be a little moved seeing someone's broadway debut, much like watching her birth video. it's such a big deal, but the obvious miranda voice kinda ruined it for me after awhile. ride that one trick pony to the top, i guess.

Raiden Louise
Learner
Learner

Post by Raiden Louise » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Woah. Did you guys see Erik's Instagram Story? How SKINNY is she? That's not normal skinny...

I was genuinely shocked at her weight.

Raiden Louise
Learner
Learner

Post by Raiden Louise » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:38 pm

longsalamander wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:50 pm
manhattanite and long time lurker of all things GG, I went to see the show tonight because I was really curious to see her debut and the house was pa-a-a-acked with tween girls. they screamed everytime a brunette in a waitress outfit came onstage until Colleen finally did...and then they lost their shit when she did, obviously. objectively, she was noticeably timid the first few scenes but recovered quick. 100% sounded like miranda with a southern accent, i can see why they picked her for this. i know this isn't the standard commentary but i thought y'all might be curious about how it went. hard not to be a little moved seeing someone's broadway debut, much like watching her birth video. it's such a big deal, but the obvious miranda voice kinda ruined it for me after awhile. ride that one trick pony to the top, i guess.
Well there you go. I can't stand her as a person, but that aside. Nobody wants anybody to fail at anything that's their dream, so good on her.

pious
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pious » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:59 am

frizzzx86 wrote:i know youtubers are popular...but is she THAT popular? really??
YouTuber fan bases are really... intense. It’s because the medium gives a feeling of personal connection that’s never been possible before with traditional celebrities. These girls feel like they are friends with Colleen.

frasiercrane
Learner
Learner

Post by frasiercrane » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:17 am

jennarose wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:25 am
I don’t get how she doesn’t understand how so many people are asking why she didn’t take his surname. It’s a very common thing to do and it’s more uncommon to keep your surname.

She’s like oH My gOD GUys reLAx
I wouldn’t understand either as it’s something so insignificant people shouldn’t care. Everyone has a problem with everything these days. If she did take his last name she’d be given shit for that. Maybe she doesn’t like his last name with her first, or because she feels she worked hard to get where she is now as colleen ballinger and doesn’t want to change it. Possibly just doesn’t want to take her husband’s last name for no reason at all. The fact that people care (if she’s not lying) is more of a concern than her name.

fobbeh
Learner
Learner

Post by fobbeh » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:12 am

p8oonya wrote:Just listened to an audio download of her performance of “When He Sees Me” from tonight’s performance. I’m going to be totally honest (as a theatre kid and waitress fan) it was... not good. Her performance was both too cartoony but also bland. She sounded like Miranda with a REALLY bad southern accent. She could have spent way more on her accent and timing... instead of complaining about how big her boobs are and telling everyone how great her husband is. Maybe I’m just being salty, but it’s sad what Broadway is becoming. Instead of putting GOOD actors on stage, it’s all about selling the most tickets by casting people with bigger fan bases (ex. They casted joe sugg in the west end version of waitress??? Shocking!)
but I mean, I love waitress and all, but it’s unable to run that long and make bank without some celebrity being in it. Well, I guess if that’s what pays the bills...
Please share with the class!

Kristenberry
Learner
Learner

Post by Kristenberry » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:26 am

longsalamander wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:50 pm
Thanks for sharing. I really strongly dislike Colleen as a human being but hope she finds growth in this experience somehow. It's funny. I found her absolutely intolerable while pregnant and after but her birth video was moving. It's a beautiful experience to have a baby and she did a really good job with that one vlog lol.

But....she still sucks. I'm cringing that her fans shrieked and carried on like that. I'm sure she was embarrassed by that. I also find it sad that she hasn't taken one second to thank her family for sacrificing all they have to support her. She's not even contatulating ber costars. It's all about Colleen all the time and it's gross. Her fans fuel her giant ego.

p8oonya
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by p8oonya » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:14 am

I’ve gotten a lot of PMs asking for the audio, so I just made a unlisted video for it. AUDIO IS NOT MINE.

[[/

Zomgshields
Debater
Debater

Post by Zomgshields » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:22 am

I really wonder if other then her fans if people just happened to go to see the show if they thought she was good like imagine how embarrassing that would be if she found out she’s not as good as she though she was 😂
Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light

SlippyClark
Learner
Learner

Post by SlippyClark » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:25 am

p8oonya wrote:I’ve gotten a lot of PMs asking for the audio, so I just made a unlisted video for it. AUDIO IS NOT MINE.

[[/
Even in her singing, you can hear a lot of miranda sneak through.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

souplady
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by souplady » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:06 am

omg that accent is offensive ---- thank you for sharing... wow Shes not Horrible but Not very good and not good in terms of Broadway level talent.. This is basically Miranda as Dawn..

HungryHypocrite
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by HungryHypocrite » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:07 pm

souplady wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:06 am
omg that accent is offensive ---- thank you for sharing... wow Shes not Horrible but Not very good and not good in terms of Broadway level talent.. This is basically Miranda as Dawn..
Agreed. As a singer she has talent. Like if she didn't need to attempt an accent, she would sound good. But for Broadway you need to have it all. I'm curious about her acting though. I'd love to hear an honest review of her overall performance from someone who doesn't know her from YouTube.

I told you so 485
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by I told you so 485 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:47 pm

I am actually livid. I could not imagine going to a Broadway show with Colleen’s stan’s in the audience, leaving during the final number or during bows. People didn’t even do that for Jason Maraz. At least those people knew how to act in a broadway show. Also her saying “she gets they are excited” as an excuse for people to take pictures is unacceptable. Learn how to act in a broadway theater before going to see a show. Please. And also imagine paying good money to see waitress and seeing and hearing Maranda Sings up on that stage with an awful southern accent. I’m sorry. I am just so livid. Because I’ve been saying from the beginning her stint casting was a mistake. And hearing her sing the songs makes me sad that other talented actress got passed up for her to play the part for three weeks. I’m sorry but i’m super passionate about broadway and theater and her stan’s and just her make me livid.

Lis2
Learner
Learner

Post by Lis2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:51 am

I told you so 485 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:47 pm
I am actually livid. I could not imagine going to a Broadway show with Colleen’s stan’s in the audience, leaving during the final number or during bows. People didn’t even do that for Jason Maraz. At least those people knew how to act in a broadway show. Also her saying “she gets they are excited” as an excuse for people to take pictures is unacceptable. Learn how to act in a broadway theater before going to see a show. Please. And also imagine paying good money to see waitress and seeing and hearing Maranda Sings up on that stage with an awful southern accent. I’m sorry. I am just so livid. Because I’ve been saying from the beginning her stint casting was a mistake. And hearing her sing the songs makes me sad that other talented actress got passed up for her to play the part for three weeks. I’m sorry but i’m super passionate about broadway and theater and her stan’s and just her make me livid.
I am a born and bred Manhattanite and I grew up going to the theater 1-2 times a month. Don't even get me started on the sad state of the sell-out, overpriced, hiring mediocre DList celebs for ticket sales Broadway scene of today. 9/10 times I am disappointed and full of regrets when I bother to see a show. The last great thing I saw was Urinetown, and that was 10+ years ago! After hearing the audio clips, I can unreservedly say that Collen absolutely sucks as Dawn. She is obviously playing a version of Miranda, yet Miranda is supposed to be a joke/parody. This was Colleen's chance to break away and just be herself acting and singing in a role. When she sings without that awful Miranda affect she is good, but what she is doing to Waitress is criminal. Side note, Jordin Sparks is supposed to start in Waitress the day after Colleen finishes. I think Colleen was a three week filler Todrick pulled strings to get in the show with him as a publicity stunt. He is a good friend and extremely talented. They will do well for 3 weeks, but Colleen probably wouldn't sell out a full year on Broadway if this is her max performance level. The reviews wouldn't be so kind. Patti Lupone and Sutton Foster she ain't! Side note-I saw a clip of her curtain call on yt. Colleen is now emaciated, as in 12 yr old thin. Pretty disturbing to see a 33 year old woman look like that. That is probably part of her fixation with her own breasts. She needs help, this is not a good look in terms of influencing her innocent teenage fans. Another side note- when Fiona Apple finally scores and co-writes a musical I will bother to see it!

bangtaen
Informer
Informer

Post by bangtaen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Damn, I actually thought Colleen was going to do muuuuuuch better than what we hear in that audio. I'm a big Waitress fan so me knowing that song so well probably doesn't help but she just........she slipped into Miranda so much and even when she wasn't Miranda, none of her tones or accents or pitches were consistent at all? Like it was all over the place in my opinion, and she could get better throughout her run in the show but I just can't believe for someone who loves broadway and Waitress she let herself go on like that :/ Super rough

Whatimwondering
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Whatimwondering » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:36 pm

If you need a summary of her latest apartment tour video, it’s however many minutes long pretending her son is only content when she’s holding him aaaaand *really* laying it on thick that “all she eats is cookies 24/7” and neeeever works out. All in her croptop, flat ass denim uniform.

fobbeh
Learner
Learner

Post by fobbeh » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:33 pm

bangtaen wrote:Damn, I actually thought Colleen was going to do muuuuuuch better than what we hear in that audio. I'm a big Waitress fan so me knowing that song so well probably doesn't help but she just........she slipped into Miranda so much and even when she wasn't Miranda, none of her tones or accents or pitches were consistent at all? Like it was all over the place in my opinion, and she could get better throughout her run in the show but I just can't believe for someone who loves broadway and Waitress she let herself go on like that :/ Super rough

More audio, this time from her second show, the matinee after her opening night. When she sings alongside Todrick it’s even more painfully evident that she’s not as strong of a performer. Maybe it can still be chalked up to nerves and being “new”?

As someone who loves the show (and Dawn), it’s disappointing to see the character portrayed the way Ballinger is choosing to do so. Dawn is eccentric, neurotic, and her own special brand of weird. She’s not “slow” and she’s not a social pariah like Miranda....and yet, from the bits of audio that I’ve heard, that’s the direction she’s being taken in. I thought it may be fun to see Colleen take on a new role, but it really just seems like she’s playing Miranda with glasses and access to Tinder.

pinetreegal20
Learner
Learner

Post by pinetreegal20 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:46 pm

SlippyClark wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:25 am
p8oonya wrote:I’ve gotten a lot of PMs asking for the audio, so I just made a unlisted video for it. AUDIO IS NOT MINE.

[[/
Even in her singing, you can hear a lot of miranda sneak through.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This is terrible. I'm a huge Waitress fan and I can't bear to listen to her. It almost sounds like this is a fucking joke to her

skimbleshanks2
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skimbleshanks2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:43 pm

p8oonya wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:14 am
I’ve gotten a lot of PMs asking for the audio, so I just made a unlisted video for it. AUDIO IS NOT MINE.

[[/
What the hell is happening at 3:39? I'm not a trained vocalist, but even I can hit those damn notes. Yikes.

theantiblair
Informer
Informer

Post by theantiblair » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:07 pm

She is a decent singer, but not someone with the chops to sustain the vocal demands and strain of 8 shows a week. She just sounds like she’s floundering up there. Her voice has never sounded worse imo.

Also I don’t know if anyone caught her insta stories correcting her fans for filming/running out to the stage door before the show is over, but I wonder if production suggested she talk to her fans about it or if it was her own idea.

kems
Debater
Debater

Post by kems » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:24 pm

Can any New Yorkers out there identify her building? I'm thinking it must be some type of corporate rental, but it's pretty large for a Manhattan apartment. Curious how much a 2 month stay is running her.

Return to “Colleen Ballinger”