poodle poo
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PsychoSoprano (Colleen Ballinger) - Part 2

Post by poodle poo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:04 am

idontthinkso wrote:The part where he talks about braking up with Colleen:

I hope he looks back to that and realise that this divorce is a blessing in disguise.
Lol! I was just about to post this. IMO his draw my life explains a lot! The last 10 minutes. I feel it was the same thing all over again except Colleen didn't choose Josh this time around.

YouslessTube
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by YouslessTube » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:07 am

manuelcosta wrote:I follow colleen/miranda for years (way before they got engaged and josh created is own channel). I always thought they weren't right for each other!

She, alone, created a following for Miranda, Herself and all the other members of her family and some close friends! Can you imagine the pressure she has on her shoulders? If she goes down, everybody goes down!

When people say that she works/tours a lot, well, thats what she's being doing for the last 5 or more years, as long as i follow her, she always is on tour and running around, trying to build her career in LA. Her success isn't random, she worked a lot to get where she's now and, if she wants to maintain this level of success, she needs to work even harder.

Josh has always been jealous of Colleen success, he always wanted to reach higher but never put in the work to get there. His fanbase are colleen/miranda fans, he never built something of his own, thats why nobody took him seriously. Let's be honest, if he didn't have the Colleen connection, he would never reach 1million subscribers.

For me, this divorce was all about that, she wants to continue working hard while he wants to stay home and live off the YT money. Look at what happened to Glozell, she decided to slow down to start a family and her channel suffered (she has almost 4.5million subscribers and most of her videos barely made 100k views). But Glozell now has a baby and i bet she's happy with her decision, but is that what Colleen whants? Can you blame her for wanting to have a longer career? I bet she wants to have kids too, but come on, do you really expect that she would slow down on the most important moment of her career?

As for Josh, i don't feel sorry for him, i don't wish nothing bad for him, but i'm not sad! He's losing something that he never truly worked hard to have!
Are you f*king serious? WTF do you expect Josh to do exactly? Worship her & set up a shrine? Wash her feet & wipe her ass when she gets back after months of touring? I don't understand why you're blaming Josh. They aren't children to be worried about who's gonna win the fame & money race. They got married FFS. It's clear she chose work over him. I've seen a ton of career oriented people who are workaholics, successful & happily married. No one's bashing her for working her hard. Josh is definitely NOT jealous of her success, did you not watch his video? He was ready to work through the differences but she chose to divorce him, she dropped him cause she thought he was meddling with her work but didn't realize that he only wanted to spend time with her, but she worked on videos even when she was home instead of spending time with her hubby. Josh didn't want to sabotage her success, he was always proud even when he was hurting. She realized a bit too late that she wanted a career & wasn't making him happy by stringing him along & making him wait at home. If he was jealous of her success, fame & money, he would've picked fights constantly bout her being away, made her stay home & gotten her pregnant. Also, I'm sure he & his family have enough money in their banks & don't rely on Colleen's youtube money. That's just a really stupid assumption. Josh wasn't homeless or broke before he met Colleen.

EmmyRed
Learner
Learner

Post by EmmyRed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:13 am

kiki wrote:as a few of you have said, that oreo challenge video is painful to watch. after watching their anniversary vlog again, as someone mentioned, it also looks pretty bad. Colleen just seems like she could not care less.

she's obviously not a very emotional person, and they've both got an immature sense of humor but can she EVER be serious with him? that must have caused problems between them, and not sure how that part of her personality will work with any other guy either.

as for the lesion speculation... I'd be pretty surprised but not totally shocked. her sister definitely comes off (to me) as a little gay, and Colleen seems similar in some ways... but it'd be pretty unlikely for her to be this age, gay, and married to a man. not impossible, of course, but unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Also, with others saying she's a lesbian, what reason does she have to still be in the closet? She's very accepting of gay people, she talks about it on her channel, so if her fans don't have a problem with that I don't see why they'd have a problem with her being gay. Also, Kory is gay and no one around her has a problem with him. So if she's gay, I don't really see the point of her hiding it. I know some have said her family is "conservative" but I really just don't believe they're as conservative as some want to believe, because from what I know about them I can't get where they'd be conservative at all, I know they're Christians, but that doesn't mean conservative.

niko88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by niko88 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:14 am

As silly as it is to be so invested in an online couple, I think it's because they got married a month before I did that I was shocked by the divorce announcement. (My hubby and I are happy and expecting(!!) so we're in a much different boat.) If I had to spend the majority of my first year of marriage completely apart I know it would take a toll on our relationship but the point is after you make those vows, you try your hardest. I feel so bad for Josh ... Colleen's main priority is always her career and their relationship just fell to the wayside.

As much as they hated the house they were renting, I feel like they were so much happier then, and when they bought their huge mansion and never spent any time together in it ... that must have been so hard.

These are complete assumptions, but I have a feeling that during Playlist, Josh confided in Rebecca about his marital struggles and that set Colleen off when Rebecca brought it up to her and made Colleen realize that her career is #1 and she would never make Josh 100% happy ... he always seemed to have supported her, but I can't blame him for wanting to be able to spend more than few days here and there together.

Fruitcake
Learner
Learner

Post by Fruitcake » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:29 am

[youtube][/youtube]

He posted this in 2013. I'm assuming he's talking about his breakup with Colleen towards the end. He probably filmed this when he started feeling better after they broke up for the first time (?). Notice how he says 'my ex toyed with my heart during the breakup'. Ouch.

Well, at least he knows the steps... :(

I like his style in this video. He looks strong and confident. His content was interesting. It's completely different from his last videos. His self esteem seems to have gone downhill in the last few years, and so has his channel.

I think his relationship with Colleen got the best of him. The break up took a huge toll in his self-love. He spent 9 months chasing her without result... Then he went through the whole healing process, he got a lot better and she came back. He inmediately took her back, and she probably learned that she would always get her way. My guess is that he became very insecure about the posibility of losing her again while she became more and more self absorbed and full of herself. Their relationship revolved entirely around her. If you take a look at vids like the infamous 'Oreo Challenge'... he's a pale shadow of his former self. He's willing to let her disrespect him. It had to end.

Like you guys said, this will probably be a blessing for him in the long run.
English is my second language!

idontthinkso
Learner
Learner

Post by idontthinkso » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:34 am

EmmyRed wrote:
kiki wrote:as a few of you have said, that oreo challenge video is painful to watch. after watching their anniversary vlog again, as someone mentioned, it also looks pretty bad. Colleen just seems like she could not care less.

she's obviously not a very emotional person, and they've both got an immature sense of humor but can she EVER be serious with him? that must have caused problems between them, and not sure how that part of her personality will work with any other guy either.

as for the lesion speculation... I'd be pretty surprised but not totally shocked. her sister definitely comes off (to me) as a little gay, and Colleen seems similar in some ways... but it'd be pretty unlikely for her to be this age, gay, and married to a man. not impossible, of course, but unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Also, with others saying she's a lesbian, what reason does she have to still be in the closet? She's very accepting of gay people, she talks about it on her channel, so if her fans don't have a problem with that I don't see why they'd have a problem with her being gay. Also, Kory is gay and no one around her has a problem with him. So if she's gay, I don't really see the point of her hiding it. I know some have said her family is "conservative" but I really just don't believe they're as conservative as some want to believe, because from what I know about them I can't get where they'd be conservative at all, I know they're Christians, but that doesn't mean conservative.
Yeah, she literally has NO reason for having been in the closet all her life: no one around her would have cared if she just came out whenever she was ready to. She even says that coming out should be a no big deal for anyone who identifies as gay, as sexual orientation doesn't matter one bit. She is defo not a lesbian - she only confessed in a colleenscorner that she has girl crushes... but who doesn't!! Would have been a juicy piece of gossip, sure, but it just ain't real.

Tog4life
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Tog4life » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:47 am

You know what... Watching this in hindsight I really do believe her time in Canada was a trial separation...

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:11 am

Tog4life wrote:You know what... Watching this in hindsight I really do believe her time in Canada was a trial separation...
That's what I was thinking when I first watched it. I made a comment about it before the announcement that it seemed odd. When I first watched it I was like uhm .. there's planes? and it's still on the same continent, there's no reason to be this upset. Watching it after the announcement it made it clear that something deeper was going on. And how he dyed his hair when she was gone but as soon as he knew he was going to Canada to see her he dyed his hair back to brown "because that's what she likes best" it just seemed so final in a way, his farewell and then the vlog of him going to Canada it just seemed like this was a bigger deal than just "I'm going to Canada for work" or "I'm gonna go visit my wife" it seemed like the last time was a test to see if the separation was really working. I feel for him I really do. I have been in that position and have seen friends be in that position and it just sucks. You can do anything in your power to make your end of the relationship work but if the other side wants it to end then it feels like an avalanche and there's nothing you can do to stop it but watch and let it fall apart.

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:45 am

Fruitcake wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

He posted this in 2013. I'm assuming he's talking about his breakup with Colleen towards the end. He probably filmed this when he started feeling better after they broke up for the first time (?). Notice how he says 'my ex toyed with my heart during the breakup'. Ouch.

I like his style in this video. He looks strong and confident. His content was interesting. It's completely different from his last videos. His self esteem seems to have gone downhill in the last few years, and so has his channel.

I think his relationship with Colleen got the best of him. The break up took a huge toll in his self-love. He spent 9 months chasing her without result... Then he went through the whole healing process, he got a lot better and she came back. He inmediately took her back, and she probably learned that she would always get her way. My guess is that he became very insecure about the posibility of losing her again while she became more and more self absorbed and full of herself. Their relationship revolved entirely around her. If you take a look at vids like the infamous 'Oreo Challenge'... he's a pale shadow of his former self. He's willing to let her disrespect him. It had to end.

Wow, I've never seen this video but it does match up to what he said about the break up in the draw my life video. Pretty sure it's Colleen. I know most people don't take their own advice and the "situation is different" but I hope he at least glances at that video and does go back to therapy if needed. And as the poster said it is good he knows the steps but so sad he is going through this with the same person.

YouslessTube
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by YouslessTube » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:02 am

Fruitcake wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

THANK YOU. You took the words right outta my mouth. I 100% agree. I also watched his 'draw my life' vid & he's so nice, hard working & sweet, that video is a slap in the face for people who say he doesn't/didn't work hard :roll: In the vid he mentioned Colleen broke up with him when he went to Michigan cause he got the opportunity to work on music or a show, yet he tried getting back with her for 9 fucking months. If that's not true love then idk what it is. My 1st ex moved in with the girl he was cheating on me with the day we broke up & my 2nd ex moved on within a month :| Now the tables have turned & Colleen's getting big opportunities, traveling/staying in other countries for shows & she doesn't want Josh to come in b/w her career & got ready to divorce him for her career :roll: I feel so strongly for Josh is cause I've been in such a relationship where I would let the guy disrespect me, play with my emotions yet go back to him but thankfully for me I ended it within 1yr. It took a lot of healing, rebounds & self love but I'm still unsure of relationships & haven't been able to date since 5yrs. If there was a phobia for relationships, I'd have it. Hope Josh finds peace & love again cause boy is hurting real bad & would get back with Colleen in a jiffy.

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:25 am

I'm watching his old stuff now and I gotta say I find him actually really funny lol. I'm biting my lip trying not to laugh at work on my lunch break.
I think his music will come along. I think he's lost confidence and it's been wavering for the last few years but if you go back to his older songs I really like them. Current songs his Imagine video and the 7 Years cover I really enjoy.

I think when/if he comes back the channel will take after Matt Slays and Julien and I am so excited!!

I wanna see Erin's new video but I keep forgetting it's on California time lol ahhhh!

I miss shadow ):

idontthinkso
Learner
Learner

Post by idontthinkso » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:43 am

This might actually be Josh's ticket to being his own person and finding his creativity and his own way of expressing himself without subconsciously feeling in Colleen's shadow.

In that video he says that the girl he went to therapy for (Colleen of course) played with his heart... this makes me mad, and it matched with the theories according to which Colleen is an attention seeker and needs to know people are crazy about her. I hope he heals healthily during his time away, I really do.

On another note, do any of you understand what he says right before '...not involve me anymore' in his divorce video? It's towards the end and it's when he breaks down a little bit. I don't understand what that full sentence is. Help?

EmmyRed
Learner
Learner

Post by EmmyRed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:50 am

Going back and watching the wedding, I caught something that I didn't catch last year, when they're all around the fire that night a woman says "You two are proof that marriage can withstand anything" Now, I know Colleen said they've always been rocky and after MTV she said "Yes. Of course we have fights" But that woman's comment makes it obvious that there's been more than 'Oh, of course we fight sometimes"

I also caught that Josh's sister and sister in law made the comment about putting the past behind them and "Evans women are gonna stick together" or something of the sort.

That's an insight that no one paid attention to at the time. I don't expect to ever know the whole story, because of course that's their business. It's just after you know they're gonna end up divorced, you notice things you didn't before.

EmmyRed
Learner
Learner

Post by EmmyRed » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:51 am

Going back and watching the wedding, I caught something that I didn't catch last year, when they're all around the fire that night a woman says "You two are proof that marriage can withstand anything" Now, I know Colleen said they've always been rocky and after MTV she said "Yes. Of course we have fights" But that woman's comment makes it obvious that there's been more than 'Oh, of course we fight sometimes"

I also caught that Josh's sister and sister in law made the comment about putting the past behind them and "Evans women are gonna stick together" or something of the sort.

That's an insight that no one paid attention to at the time. I don't expect to ever know the whole story, because of course that's their business. It's just after you know they're gonna end up divorced, you notice things you didn't before.

niko88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by niko88 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:34 am

This is all speculation, but I feel like Josh confided in Rebecca during Playlist and when Rebecca not-so-subtly brought it up to Colleen, it all hit the fan so to speak.

The reasons for divorce didn't shock me but I was surprised, because I got into them as a couple and also because my husband and I got married a month after them and it's just weird to think about splitting up from my husband at all (we're expecting, too, so we're in a much different place than Colleen and Josh). For Colleen, her career came first always and forevermore and while Josh would always support her, I don't blame him for wanting her to stay home for more than a couple days every few months. Especially for a first year of marriage ... to spend basically most of it apart never helps if there's issues.

As much as they hated that house they were renting, I found they had their happiest moments there and when they bought that huge mansion, but barely spent any time in it together, it didn't help anything. I feel so bad for Josh, I feel like no matter what he was in it for the long haul but Colleen, realizing her priorities, knew she could never make him feel happy or secure.

astridonovan
Learner
Learner

Post by astridonovan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:42 am

I finally got around to watching the official haters back off trailer. It had me laughing. Hopefully it's that funny throughout the series, because dare I say it.... I might actually enjoy it.

Onyxmom90
Debater
Debater

Post by Onyxmom90 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:04 pm

idontthinkso wrote:This might actually be Josh's ticket to being his own person and finding his creativity and his own way of expressing himself without subconsciously feeling in Colleen's shadow.

In that video he says that the girl he went to therapy for (Colleen of course) played with his heart... this makes me mad, and it matched with the theories according to which Colleen is an attention seeker and needs to know people are crazy about her. I hope he heals healthily during his time away, I really do.

On another note, do any of you understand what he says right before '...not involve me anymore' in his divorce video? It's towards the end and it's when he breaks down a little bit. I don't understand what that full sentence is. Help?
He said I wish nothing but success and happiness for her, then he gets choked up and says "and that just doesn't involve me anymore" He's saying that he no longer brings her happiness. I cried so hard I felt so sorry for him cause it's clear she was the love of his life.

myloginname
Learner
Learner

Post by myloginname » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:13 pm

EmmyRed wrote:Going back and watching the wedding, I caught something that I didn't catch last year, when they're all around the fire that night a woman says "You two are proof that marriage can withstand anything" Now, I know Colleen said they've always been rocky and after MTV she said "Yes. Of course we have fights" But that woman's comment makes it obvious that there's been more than 'Oh, of course we fight sometimes"

I also noticed that Josh's friend Charlie (I think is his name) at 13:26 referring to when Josh met Colleen and Josh had told Charlie that Colleen was the one for him that Charlie was initially scared that Josh might get hurt.

lesmis4
Debater
Debater

Post by lesmis4 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:16 pm

I just can't get over the fact that they will still have to see each other regularly if Josh's sister and Colleen's cousin get married. That would be SO awkward! Their families will still be connected, just not in the way they originally were.

I also wonder how they were able to explain the situation to Bailey and Jacob and Parker. They all seemed to really love Josh, so it must be hard for them to hear he won't be around anymore. :(

idontthinkso
Learner
Learner

Post by idontthinkso » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:51 pm

Onyxmom90 wrote:
idontthinkso wrote:This might actually be Josh's ticket to being his own person and finding his creativity and his own way of expressing himself without subconsciously feeling in Colleen's shadow.

He said I wish nothing but success and happiness for her, then he gets choked up and says "and that just doesn't involve me anymore" He's saying that he no longer brings her happiness. I cried so hard I felt so sorry for him cause it's clear she was the love of his life.
Ouch :(

scgirl212
Informer
Informer

Post by scgirl212 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:02 pm

I think marriage can magnify problems in a relationship. I don't know either of them beyond their online personas, but I think that's what has happened here.

It's like thinking having a baby will solve your problems...getting married won't solve the foundation issues that are there...it makes them more pronounced. I'm not even 30 yet and I've already seen 2 couples in my circle that were together for years before, got married and then promptly got divorced a year or two later...it's more common than you think...It's just sad all the way around :(

klovada
Learner
Learner

Post by klovada » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:07 pm

I think I know when Colleen filmed her divorce video. You guys remember when Colleen tweeted out a sad face like a week ago? It's deleted now. I think she posted that right after filming the video.

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:15 pm

As douchey as Josh is, he clearly put his energy and love towards Colleen so much so that he put such a majority of his own interests aside. I did this in an 11 year relationship and though 7 years removed now from it, I feel for Josh. He was following his heart.

I find Colleen to be a business person who goes for that over the closer, whole aspects to life. She's a really good business person, but when it crosses the lines of her very long relationship to Josh, I find it so sad. There CAN be a balance and it doesn't have to wreck a relationship. Colleen may never learn that, but I have high hopes for Josh and I hope he will eventually find his way.

The Ballingers are kind of like a fungus. It starts of small, grows and then infects some damn shit. At least that's my take on it. I welcome anyone who happens to disagree because I am just that open.

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:26 pm

rj34 wrote:Erin posted this an hour ago. I'm curious to see this vid!

I'm sorry but I don't give a fuck about her. I know Josh probably thought it was a good idea to not let the channel die while he took time away but I can't help but think his sister is mooching off his following. I'm gonna unsub. I didn't subscribe to this channel to watch this Erin person (nice as she may be), I subbed for Josh and let's be real, I mostly cared about the stuff he did with Colleen.
XOXO

justaspark
Talker
Talker

Post by justaspark » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:13 pm

I ran into this in my recommended.

[youtube][/youtube]

You see... this is the kind of shit that makes me dislike this lady. I know this says boyfriend and they were already married, but who else are people going to think of first? She's clearly trying to make Josh look bad for click bait.

Return to “Colleen Ballinger”