Chris and his family's thread...

tuskvegas
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chris Ballinger / The Ballinger Family

Post by tuskvegas »

Chris seems to be pretty insensitive to Jessica and her pregnancy. You'd think he'd be a little bit more respectful and not open up a vlog filming her in a super unflattering position, where she's clearly having a shit pregnancy day, then compare her to jabba the hutt? Yikes man, i'd have lost my cool i think. It's not the first time he's done it as well.

lrd123456789
Learner
Learner

Post by lrd123456789 »

I don't in anyway think his comments are okay, but I think his annoyance with having to tend and pretty much entertain the three kids all day every day is getting to him. They clearly aren't doing any homeschooling atm because Jessica doesn't leave the couch, (which I get she is pregnant, but come on, if you are going to homeschool your kids, they need to be learning stuff). I used to be a huge fan of this family, and I still think they have raised the kids to be very polite and mature for their ages, but it also seems like they are doing less and less, and adding more and more to the crew. Also, I really want one of them to stop Parker from hamming it up all the time, that isn't going to fly in the real world.. to me its clear he gets away with whatever, and they just laugh it off. I also understand that their children's allergies are important and need to be followed, but i've never seen this family go to the doctors office when one is sick.. its always the emergency room, even when Jessica busted her lip open and didn't even need stitches.

nan1217
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by nan1217 »

Their vlogs are the only Ballinger family thing I still watch. Maybe some of Chris's sanity can rub off on Colleen. :?

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

I wonder if Chris and Jessica felt the pressure to explain the kids' homeschooling. I found it odd how random it was that Jessica "explained" how it works for them.

kenncampbell
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kenncampbell »

I've been watching their channel for a little while now and I'm not going to lie I do enjoy them and I think they are pretty down to earth compared to Colleen and the rest of the group.
There are a few things that bother me though. In the last few months it seems like Chris has been wanting to be more serious about YouTube and really up their popularity (they were uploading more, more brand deals, challenges, click bait titles, etc.) and they know Parker is the money maker, out of the three kids he's obviously the cutest and by far the least annoying. I've noticed most of the camera time is on Parker when possible and even if Bailey or Jacob is saying/doing something Chris will put the camera on Parker. I don't know if its really a conscious behaviour but I think the kids are going to start picking up on it eventually. I'm interested to see what happens when the new baby comes and especially when its old enough to be grabbing the attention in vlogs.
I also agree with what was said about Parker being able to do whatever he wants and I'd say its that with all three kids. I've seen so many videos where they're running around while they're supposed to be eating, or if they're in a public space they'll be loud or dancing in the middle of a room/hallway so other people have to move out of the way. Like the Hawaii vlog when Parker was screaming bloody murder because he saw Mikey and you can see all the people in the background turn to look, I'm surprised Chris or Jessica didn't tell him to quiet down.
I believe that they're good parents and I hate to nitpick but it's just because I watch them fairly regularly that I've noticed all this stuff. It seems like anything goes when it's time to make a vlog - I know they're not going to discipline the kids on camera but maybe shut it off and stop filming if it's distracting them from eating, learning, etc.
I'm glad this forum is finally up hopefully more people are into it so we can all discuss!

tuskvegas
Informer
Informer

Post by tuskvegas »

kenncampbell wrote:hey know Parker is the money maker, out of the three kids he's obviously the cutest and by far the least annoying. I've noticed most of the camera time is on Parker when possible and even if Bailey or Jacob is saying/doing something Chris will put the camera on Parker. I don't know if its really a conscious behaviour but I think the kids are going to start picking up on it eventually. I'm interested to see what happens when the new baby comes and especially when its old enough to be grabbing the attention in vlogs.
I also agree with what was said about Parker being able to do whatever he wants and I'd say its that with all three kids. I've seen so many videos where they're running around while they're supposed to be eating, or if they're in a public space they'll be loud or dancing in the middle of a room/hallway so other people have to move out of the way. Like the Hawaii vlog when Parker was screaming bloody murder because he saw Mikey and you can see all the people in the background turn to look, I'm surprised Chris or Jessica didn't tell him to quiet down.
I don't think Parker is going to handle the baby too well once he actually arrives. He's always been seriously doted over cause he looks like a freakin cherub baby, and when this new kid comes, he'll be pushed aside pretty quickly, especially by Colleen who has always given him the most attention. I think he's gonna have a good few melt downs because there's been nobody to put their foot down with him.

I do think they are good parents, and the kids are pretty amazing when out, but i guess we don't see the freak outs

o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by o_O »

I realize YT is having issues for a lot of creators with lower views, subs not showing up. But, it seemed quite desperate of Chris to talk as in depth about "what you can do" to help. It shocked me that he views himself as a "Youtber first and then I list other things". One day YT is going to fail miserably. Will you still be a YTuber then?

lrd123456789
Learner
Learner

Post by lrd123456789 »

It seems Jessica is planning on moving the entire herd back up to Canada again when the filming starts... including a new baby.. To me it seems that every time Jessica is left to parent alone, things go wrong often. Not saying she isn't fully attentive, but I think anyone with 3 (soon to be 4 kids) has a lot to focus on, plus when you are supposed to be homeschooling them, and watching their weird dietary habits. Everytime Christopher gets busy, she gets overwhelmed, and stressed, and it seems like the kids just get toted around places so she can get out and have a day to herself, or they are left to go to the backyard and play all day (which isnt a problem) but she lays on the couch. I already have commented on their homeschooling and I just know its going to fall farther to the wayside when the baby is born. I knew some people who used to homeschool and they never learned anything.. their "gym time" (aka playing on a trampoline any day mom wanted the day off) seemed to occur every day. Someone needs to be looking out for these kids, because with Chris working every day, and Jessica tending to a new baby, it seems like the other 3 will only be around to provide some likes and subscribers..

izzythecat2
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by izzythecat2 »

I dont watch this family regularly, but I checked out a few of their videos and OMG, there is NO way Chris is not gay. Is there a more active thread for them?

oioi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by oioi »

Why do you think he is gay?

SBC1990
Informer
Informer

Post by SBC1990 »

Theirs something about these kids that drive me crazy. I feel Like they are free range kids, allowed to do whatever they want. In yesterday's vlog Parker was yelling really loud in the restaurant which should of been stopped. All the kids go around doing what they want. No shoes outside, I also feel they are too kitchen friendly, I was never allowed to be in the kitchen that young doing what they are doing. I don't see the homeschooling at all, I don't think they do as much as they say. Bailey is too much like an adult than a child. When this new baby comes they won't be doing anything.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
You Got It Dude :tu:

whatamievendoing
Talker
Talker

Post by whatamievendoing »

Is it just me or do their kids get sick like, all the time? It feels like one of them is sick every week, and in yesterday's vlog "Puking Kid & A Very Pregnant Mommy" Jacob is puking again (so I guess none of the kids will be doing any schooling, especially bc of Jessica on the verge of giving birth)

Also it looks like Chris edited the thumbnail to make Jacob look deathly pale bc he doesn't look that bad in the actual vlog, lol - also, if J is as sick as Chris said he is, why did he make him pose for a thumbnail?! :roll:

SBC1990
Informer
Informer

Post by SBC1990 »

whatamievendoing wrote:Is it just me or do their kids get sick like, all the time? It feels like one of them is sick every week, and in yesterday's vlog "Puking Kid & A Very Pregnant Mommy" Jacob is puking again (so I guess none of the kids will be doing any schooling, especially bc of Jessica on the verge of giving birth)

Also it looks like Chris edited the thumbnail to make Jacob look deathly pale bc he doesn't look that bad in the actual vlog, lol - also, if J is as sick as Chris said he is, why did he make him pose for a thumbnail?! :roll:
I think it's where they are all in the house all the time. They allow the kids to be too free when going places and when they go outside they don't wear shoes, they are like free range children.

I don't like how they allow the kids to be all over the new baby either. They treat him like a doll, they need to be more careful. Bailey is a bit to young, she acts like the second mommy.

Canobilistivrainbows
Learner
Learner

Post by Canobilistivrainbows »

it could be just me but, I get this vibe from Jessica that she's the type of parent that can't let go of her kids. She doesn't like the fact that her kids won't need her anymore. And because of that she tries to baby them and have it that they need her. I don't watch anymore but when I did, that's the vibe I got from her. idk it could be me. Also, her voice is nasally.

SBC1990
Informer
Informer

Post by SBC1990 »

Did any of you ever notice that Parker has to be the center of attention in every family functions? The ballinger kids will be sort of like that all the time.

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

Are they trying for baby #5? Jessica looks a lot thinner lately and showing off pre natal vitamins?

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

sororitygirl123 wrote:Are they trying for baby #5? Jessica looks a lot thinner lately and showing off pre natal vitamins?
Yeah it said in the picture that they were trying.
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

Lurkdatass
Talker
Talker

Post by Lurkdatass »

As much as Jessica annoys me this last vlog broke my heart. They found out they were miscarriaging the day that Colleen told them about her being pregnant.

zum
Learner
Learner

Post by zum »

Something that bothered me was their sense of entitlement. When Lego Land wouldn’t give them a free birthday party, they zoomed into all the kid’s faces and had them cry and complain on camera. And said that the birthday was completely ruined. Then they kept crying and I think it was Disney who did an obvious PR move and gave them a free birthday party. You are not entitled to free things because you’re YouTubers! Pay for your kids birthday parties. Geez.

Return to “Ballinger Family”