Chris Ballinger / The Ballinger Family

Re: Chris Ballinger / The Ballinger Family

Post by Guest »

mikibble wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:21 pm
Bailey and Jacob are getting to the age of certain “discoveries” and I’m curious how they’ll handle that as parents. Obviously they’d never talk about it nor would I want them to, but it’s an interesting thought. On one hand they’re religious, self proclaimed strict and sheltering parents. On the other, they seem to be fairly open minded toward some things that you’d think they wouldn’t be based just on those traits.
Yeah how will they deal with this Strict or open minded i think we never gonna know..

mikibble
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mikibble »

This may be reading more into something than is reasonable, but the plot thickens with Jacob’s ‘good girl’ joke in the video at Colleen’s house. There are a million places that the joke could’ve come from, but now it has me further wondering. Did he pick it up from friends? Do they discipline in a way where he might be speaking out of experience? Is he being exposed to risqué things? This is the kind of peek behind the curtains that I like.

I should also say that this isn’t any kind of condemnation, he’s a ten year old boy, he could and probably does make much worse jokes.

GossipMomma
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by GossipMomma »

I just assumed he said "good girl" like you'd say to a pet.. but sicko Auntie Panties and his own mother cackled and exchanged looks making it perverted. It seemed like he was oblivious to the reason, but noticed it got a laugh so he kept the joke going.

arachne
Learner
Learner

Post by arachne »

Tothebottomofit wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:37 pm
I'm surprised this thread doesn't get more traction. The Ballinger family is so.. intriguing. I've started watching a few of their videos and the way Chris and Jessica parent leaves much to be desired. I feel bad for the kids, I think traditional schooling would fix a lot of the social issues we see. It's your prerogative to teach your kids how you wish to, but it's almost criminal to deprive 5 children of that experience, especially since they all range in age and there is no way that they are getting individual lessons on things that excite them (since reading other comments and seeing they are unschooling.. which is super weird and probably is only used in cases where the parent isn't smart enough to actually teach their children a full curriculum but I digress). Jacob and Bailey are absolutely not enriched by whatever they're teaching Parker and Duncan. Say what you want about their personalities, but you can see in Bailey and Jacob that the children are gifted to some degree in capability to learn. A shame they aren't getting their full potential in schooling.

Chrie legitimately irks me for no reason other than his mannerisms. He gives me such a creeper vibe. Jessica seems like her kind act is just that, an act, and watching that Lego video from a few years ago genuinely made me want to hurl my phone across the room. What an entitled, detrimental outlook to have and to show to your children. Bailey's letter was... weird as hell.

What an odd, odd family dynamic.
also I don't understand why they homeschool their kids when they have FIVE children. why do they need to be around all their kids 24/7? I dont believe its possible to have the energy to make sure all the children get their needs met when there are five of them. I feel bad for the kids.

what is the lego video you mention?

LimeGreenRanger
Talker
Talker

Post by LimeGreenRanger »

arachne wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:49 pm
Tothebottomofit wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:37 pm
I'm surprised this thread doesn't get more traction. The Ballinger family is so.. intriguing. I've started watching a few of their videos and the way Chris and Jessica parent leaves much to be desired. I feel bad for the kids, I think traditional schooling would fix a lot of the social issues we see. It's your prerogative to teach your kids how you wish to, but it's almost criminal to deprive 5 children of that experience, especially since they all range in age and there is no way that they are getting individual lessons on things that excite them (since reading other comments and seeing they are unschooling.. which is super weird and probably is only used in cases where the parent isn't smart enough to actually teach their children a full curriculum but I digress). Jacob and Bailey are absolutely not enriched by whatever they're teaching Parker and Duncan. Say what you want about their personalities, but you can see in Bailey and Jacob that the children are gifted to some degree in capability to learn. A shame they aren't getting their full potential in schooling.

Chrie legitimately irks me for no reason other than his mannerisms. He gives me such a creeper vibe. Jessica seems like her kind act is just that, an act, and watching that Lego video from a few years ago genuinely made me want to hurl my phone across the room. What an entitled, detrimental outlook to have and to show to your children. Bailey's letter was... weird as hell.

What an odd, odd family dynamic.
also I don't understand why they homeschool their kids when they have FIVE children. why do they need to be around all their kids 24/7? I dont believe its possible to have the energy to make sure all the children get their needs met when there are five of them. I feel bad for the kids.

what is the lego video you mention?

I am VERY curious to know how they'll pull this off when Luke is of school age. I know they don't know the severity of his situation yet, but I'm sure Luke will need some sort of special education services and something tells me Jessica isn't qualified to provide those...especially when she has to teach the other kids on top of him, as well as any other kids they might have.

malone7384
Informer
Informer

Post by malone7384 »

Ok - so watching the Christmas in August vlogs on both the family channel and Colleen's channel

Is anyone else picking up weird vibes from Jessica?

To me, she acted like she didn't really want to be there. She was overacting when she was on camera.

I know that she is more religious - can't help but wonder if she wasn't upset with Colleen for doing the Christmas in August thing.

upular
Lurker
Lurker

Post by upular »

mikibble wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:45 pm
This may be reading more into something than is reasonable, but the plot thickens with Jacob’s ‘good girl’ joke in the video at Colleen’s house. There are a million places that the joke could’ve come from, but now it has me further wondering. Did he pick it up from friends? Do they discipline in a way where he might be speaking out of experience? Is he being exposed to risqué things? This is the kind of peek behind the curtains that I like.

I should also say that this isn’t any kind of condemnation, he’s a ten year old boy, he could and probably does make much worse jokes.
Literally this moment made my boyfriend and I laugh so hard. At first I didn't get what he was meaning, but it's definitely him insinuating that only bad girls get spanked lol omg and then he started blushing. What is going on here?! :rofl:

arachne
Learner
Learner

Post by arachne »

so they're gonna record their podcast in their bedroom because then they can hear the children if there is any problem at night. but didnt they think of how its going to disturb their kids when there trying to sleep?

Post by Guest »

Chris and Jessica will start a podcast and which they will also publish on their YouTube channel. We do not recognize this idea from anywhere else. "Rachel Ballinger." This feels like a rip off of their podcast idea

loblolly
Informer
Informer

Post by loblolly »

malone7384 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:14 am
Ok - so watching the Christmas in August vlogs on both the family channel and Colleen's channel

Is anyone else picking up weird vibes from Jessica?

To me, she acted like she didn't really want to be there. She was overacting when she was on camera.

I know that she is more religious - can't help but wonder if she wasn't upset with Colleen for doing the Christmas in August thing.
Chris's whole family acts weird around Colleen. I really, really, love how supportive they are of each other because I have some family members who are not BUT, somebody needs to tell Bailey to calm down. Why was she standing in the empty living room belting out the entire Hamilton play? Why?! That's got to be annoying AF, and very selfish of her, but at least everyone was ignoring her this time. Her behavior is the strangest of them all. :somad:

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FleekCucumber »

Oh look, Messica is trying to guilt viewers into donating so they can buy a new a/c system in their house on the before and after video. It’s always something. I think their “fans” have funded every repair and change in their house. She acts so pathetic about how they can’t afford a new ac.... sure!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loblolly
Informer
Informer

Post by loblolly »

Jessica's voice sounds like she has one of those boxes. That sounds horrible.

Post by Guest »

Wonder what's going on between Colleen and Jessica. It's obvious they do not seem to like each other. Could it be that Colleen takes all the attention from Jessica who annoyed her or is it something else because it is clearly noticeable in each video where both are involved in that Jessica whould like to run away. She's really uncomfortable near by Colleen

Frenchlurker
Debater
Debater

Post by Frenchlurker »

i was watching the halloween special... does Jessica have family on her side? Are they far? They're always with Chris's side , even on skype ( i don't really know their back story sorry)

LimeGreenRanger
Talker
Talker

Frenchlurker wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:22 pm
i was watching the halloween special... does Jessica have family on her side? Are they far? They're always with Chris's side , even on skype ( i don't really know their back story sorry)
Her dad has been in at least once video. I know her dad made gifts for the kids for Christmas, but I can't remember if it was last year or not, and she has a sister. Her two daughters are usually at Bailey and Jake's birthday parties. I think one is named Brooklyn? I can't remember the other girl's name. I'm thinking Jessica's family may not like the spotlight as much/want to be on YouTube?

Frenchlurker
Debater
Debater

Post by Frenchlurker »

LimeGreenRanger wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:52 am
Frenchlurker wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:22 pm
Her dad has been in at least once video. I know her dad made gifts for the kids for Christmas, but I can't remember if it was last year or not, and she has a sister. Her two daughters are usually at Bailey and Jake's birthday parties. I think one is named Brooklyn? I can't remember the other girl's name. I'm thinking Jessica's family may not like the spotlight as much/want to be on YouTube?
thanks!

mikibble
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mikibble »

In their latest video, Chris seemed uncomfortable about Parker finding spent casings on the ground. They’ve talked before about how they avoid exposing their kids to guns, don’t have nerf guns and all of that, I wonder how they handle the kids expressing interest in guns.

bunsterj
Learner
Learner

Post by bunsterj »

I don't follow this site much, but why do these kids call Colleen "Auntie Panties"?

LimeGreenRanger
Talker
Talker

bunsterj wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:53 pm
I don't follow this site much, but why do these kids call Colleen "Auntie Panties"?
I think Jessica said in a video that there is another Colleen in the family (Jessica's side? Her sister? I'm not sure about that part), so instead of calling them both Aunt Colleen, that's what they came up with to avoid confusion. Why "panties" specifically, I have no idea. Def. seems like something Colleen would come up with, but I'm surprised Chris and Jess allowed it because they seem very...I'm not sure of the right word for them. "Uptight" doesn't seem right, but that's all that comes to mind.

Slushiemachine
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Slushiemachine »

I haven't been keeping up with Rachel lately but I did watch a few of her recent vlogmas videos and noticed her boyfriend (was his name matt?) wasn't around/ didn't seem like he was living with her.
I could have sworn he used to? Granted I haven't really watched her videos since before quarantine so could anyone give me a little update on them?

Return to “Ballinger Family”