sylviaplath
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HeyClaire

Post by sylviaplath »

cheesecake134 wrote:
sylviaplath wrote:Hi guys - long time lurker etc. etc. Thought I'd add my two cents! I don't think that her videos are unique; the editing is slick, sure, but the actual content is hardly innovative. That being said, I like the fact that she comes across as mature and is actually able to articulate her opinion about a product. Nothing grates on me more than these so-called "gurus" (I hate that word) describing everything as 'so sO nice'.
YES! This is one of the things I really appreciate about her and Jenn Im. They can accurately describe a product and then really articulate what they like about it. I hate how all these teenyboppers don't even know basic fashion/makeup terms and just end up saying something is ~sew kayoot~. "It's got this, like, round neck thing. I don't know what that's called. But it's sooooo cuuuuute!" COME ON THIS IS YOUR JOB.
Exactly! I'm watching your video because I want to learn something about these products (although let's face it, these days we're just learning what's written in their contracts) but what do I learn from "omg guys so I just picked this up because... Well it's really cute isn't it? The packaging is so classy and the colour is just so winter/fall/day to night/glam/kylie Jenner you know?". It's obvious that they know nothing about the product or its purpose, so they just list some buzzwords and flick their hair a bit. Claire's ability to say something meaningful is why I'm still subscribed!
Could you not drink her gaze like wine?

Peachblush4eva
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peachblush4eva »

Claire's ability to say something meaningful is why I'm still subscribed!
That!!! (and I love her editing/filming when she does get around to doing it)

I just wish she would upload more regularly and/or more often because just about every video starts with apologising about not having done a video for a while/having lost her camera/footage whatever...

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

I see she's jet setting with Dylan again, when does she have time to work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seorika
Learner
Learner

Post by seorika »

Claire's been complaining on snapchat how her external hard drive keeps making her mac crash so she can't upload/edit vlogs. Between this and losing her camera in Disneyland, it seems like she has a bunch of ready to use excuses...

Post by Guest »

Jesus. She's gonna be in Italy with her boyfriend for TWO WEEKS.

Is Claire financially well-off? I know Dylan has Deux North, but all of these plane tickets and trips look super expensive.

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

SleepyGrump wrote:Jesus. She's gonna be in Italy with her boyfriend for TWO WEEKS.

Is Claire financially well-off? I know Dylan has Deux North, but all of these plane tickets and trips look super expensive.
We all pretty much assume Claire comes from a rich family. Her mother was an ambassador or foreign diplomat, so she probably made a hefty salary. And she was a young, single woman who adopted a baby from a foreign country all on her own. She's got to have money. And Claire grew up in DC, which is not cheap. She's specifically mentioned Georgetown(which is very affluent) a couple times, though I don't know if she specifically lived there. I feel like she must have some sort of trust. Plus she now has all her YouTube success. Basically, her life must be a fucking DREAM.

c0ffeebeans
Informer
Informer

Post by c0ffeebeans »

I think it's pretty obvious that Dylan's family is also wealthy. I like that he's not obnoxious other youtubers' boyfriends. He genuinely makes Claire laugh. His exasperated expressions when Claire secretly records him is pretty funny imo. I don't mind that Claire travels as long as she is consistent with her videos. I would much rather her travel and sight see than youtubers who party regularly and go to raves (nothing wrong with that, I just don't prefer it). If traveling + Dylan makes her happy, then I want her to pursue that. But all of her excuses are getting old and I'm not interested in hearing them anymore. Should we expect one video per month now?

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

...dat contour tho. I'm glad she noticed she was a lil heavy handed because at what point does it go from contouring to just painting a stripe on your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

What I got from the new vlog is girlfriend went to Disneyland AND caught at 5am flight in full hair and makeup. Like damn, what's even the point? I know she loves makeup and has talked about how insecure she is without it. But why do your hair and a full smokey eye for a day at an amusement park? It's going to be hot as balls, your hair is going to get blown every which way. Just throw it in a ponytail and slap on some mascara and be done with it.

But what I really couldn't believe was that she was so done up for a flight at the ass crack of dawn. Full blow out, full face of makeup, even a ~cool~ outfit. Like is she so obsessed with looking a certain way that she can't bum around in sweatpants? Girl, no one is checking for you at the airport. It's totally fine to just have your hair in a bun and some leggings on.

ssujung
Talker
Talker

Post by ssujung »

cheesecake134 wrote:What I got from the new vlog is girlfriend went to Disneyland AND caught at 5am flight in full hair and makeup. Like damn, what's even the point? I know she loves makeup and has talked about how insecure she is without it. But why do your hair and a full smokey eye for a day at an amusement park? It's going to be hot as balls, your hair is going to get blown every which way. Just throw it in a ponytail and slap on some mascara and be done with it.

But what I really couldn't believe was that she was so done up for a flight at the ass crack of dawn. Full blow out, full face of makeup, even a ~cool~ outfit. Like is she so obsessed with looking a certain way that she can't bum around in sweatpants? Girl, no one is checking for you at the airport. It's totally fine to just have your hair in a bun and some leggings on.
I've noticed this too. In almost every documented thing she uploads, she always has a full face on. It's never a minimal makeup look, it's always that look she does: eyebrows, cat eyes, contouring/highlighting, hair blowout. She snapchats regularly and when she goes on hikes as well, she has a full makeup face on. That's dedication right there.

And I totally agree with you on the airplane/airport thing. Personally, I would be waaay too tired to wake up earlier than I would have to just so that I could put a full face make up on. Her flight was at 5 AM! No one's going to be looking at you in the airport or on the plane if you don't have makeup on. That's why people wear like comfy sweatshirts and sunglasses on in the airport/plane.
ImageImage

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

ssujung wrote:
cheesecake134 wrote:What I got from the new vlog is girlfriend went to Disneyland AND caught at 5am flight in full hair and makeup. Like damn, what's even the point? I know she loves makeup and has talked about how insecure she is without it. But why do your hair and a full smokey eye for a day at an amusement park? It's going to be hot as balls, your hair is going to get blown every which way. Just throw it in a ponytail and slap on some mascara and be done with it.

I've noticed this too. In almost every documented thing she uploads, she always has a full face on. It's never a minimal makeup look, it's always that look she does: eyebrows, cat eyes, contouring/highlighting, hair blowout. She snapchats regularly and when she goes on hikes as well, she has a full makeup face on. That's dedication right there.

And I totally agree with you on the airplane/airport thing. Personally, I would be waaay too tired to wake up earlier than I would have to just so that I could put a full face make up on. Her flight was at 5 AM! No one's going to be looking at you in the airport or on the plane if you don't have makeup on. That's why people wear like comfy sweatshirts and sunglasses on in the airport/plane.
Exactly! And doing a full face of makeup is whatever. You know, if that's your thing it's absolutely fine. But when you're doing it to the point it becomes inconvenient, that's when it's clear you're more just obsessed with projecting a certain image. I definitely really like Claire, but it's clear she's very invested in her image and looking "cool" all the time. She wouldn't be caught dead bumming around in some sweatpants, hair in a bun on top of her head. And I find that kind of sad honestly.

And really, she has problematic skin and wears full cake face out to hike and go to Disney in 100+ degree heat? She has to know that's only aiding in making her skin worse, right? Does her face ever get a breather? Does she ever go completely without makeup for a whole day? My face feels suffocated just thinking about all that crap being slopped on day in and day out. :?

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

she even goes to Pilates with a full face of foundation and too dramatic brows, she has said that her skin has improved and she feels more confident about it but i guess not to the point where she doesn't cake it on. i hope she does one day because i do think she pretty.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

SleepyGrump wrote:Jesus. She's gonna be in Italy with her boyfriend for TWO WEEKS.

I know someone who isn't as well off who went to Italy for two weeks. And she went by herself with barely any planning such as learning basic Italian phrases or checking if there would be wifi where she's staying.

currywiththeshot
Talker
Talker

Post by currywiththeshot »

Her contour looks like when David spade hit Chris Farley with the 2x4 in tommy boy...it's so bad

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

I liked her breakfast with Essie buttons. But she is def living the good life. She's not a makeup artist anymore, barely does her youtube job and just travels every week. Very nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

likefrylikefry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by likefrylikefry »

And she went by herself with barely any planning such as learning basic Italian phrases or checking if there would be wifi where she's staying
I cannot believe she bought that. Most hotels have wifi. Italy isn't like third world country girl. I barely use my data on my phone because I am cheap. I would worry more about having international minutes.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

likefrylikefry wrote:I cannot believe she bought that. Most hotels have wifi. Italy isn't like third world country girl. I barely use my data on my phone because I am cheap. I would worry more about having international minutes.
I was just rehashing the conversation. No one thinks that Italy is like a third world country. Way to jump to conclusions. This girl doesn't have data on her phone or had planned on calling back home. She just needed wifi on her ipad to contact her sister to let her know she arrived. She's not up to date with technology. Her ipad isn't even her ipad. So wifi was sort of her main concern. Aside from that, she was so chill about really having no real plans on how to explore. Anyway! The point of that example is to say that going to Italy for two weeks is not that out of reach even for normal people with conventional jobs.

NopeYep
Talker
Talker

Post by NopeYep »

allsaints wrote:I liked her breakfast with Essie buttons. But she is def living the good life. She's not a makeup artist anymore, barely does her youtube job and just travels every week. Very nice
I just saw that video totally by accident. In one of the top comments someone mentioned that Claire was moving and that she mentioned it on Periscope. I don't get Periscope but did she say she was moving AGAIN?

Chocolate
Learner
Learner

Post by Chocolate »

Dylans brother is also in Italy so it might buisness trip and she joined them?
I'm suprised she still have her cat.

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

Chocolate wrote:Dylans brother is also in Italy so it might buisness trip and she joined them?
I'm suprised she still have her cat.
I'm not surprised. As much as she's away from Bruce, I think it's obvious she really loves and is very attached to him. I don't think he's just a cute accessory like a lot of YouTuber pets seem to be.

Return to “Claire Marshall”