HeyClaire/Claire Marshall - Part 3

lolomgstop
Gossiper
Gossiper

HeyClaire/Claire Marshall - Part 3

Post by lolomgstop »

Continue here :love2:

Let's start the new thread off with some cliffs...
losiento wrote:wow i never follow this person but that tweet is so sad and pathetic. so needy and insecure but wants to project this cool girl, badass image. lol! this woman seems so self-important too, for no facking reason. she is a nobody . and i distictively remember watching her TMI Tag video where she talks about how a lot of people used to ship HER and her boyfriend as the OTP (one true pairing), like she spoke like she used to be sooo famous and COOL! even before her youtube gig. and also once , she talked about how worried she was about people making "GIFs" of her dancing. like girl thinks she has huge stans of crazy dedicated fans that would make GIFs of her every move or some shite. the fuck? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and also when she and her ugly white ex were still together, she was like, omg you guys are just such good detectives~~you guys saw the brief frame of my bf and i when we weren't officialll~ .. she always sounds like she has this superiourity complex over her "fans" and address them condescendingly.

the reason why i distinctly remember all this is because, i was new to her, didn't even know her and i watched a few videos of her back then and was surprised at how full of herself she sounded for so facking reason, like you were a nobody even back then, but talks big game but the try-hard-ness was just oozing out of her pores, you could see right through what a bullshite image she was trying to project. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Apparently gifs of her dancing actually exist :?

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: HeyClaire/Claire Marshall - Part 3

Post by dissolved »

Yeah, back in the day when she used to upload regularly. Her tumblr is (or was, haven't checked in ages) full of little pictures, gifs and collages of herself. :roll:

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by allsaints »

allsaints wrote:She probably only made a Marrakech video because YSL sent her and probably told her to or indirectly told her to , to avoid the sponsored tag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lolomgstop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lolomgstop »

^ this is true. I saw another YouTuber mention that vlogs about their bribery trips have to be approved before they can upload it. Which goes back to Claire's tweet asking her viewers/followers if they fancied a video and then acting like she didn't expect that type of response.

She knows damn well people want content from her. I swear, some of these people lack self awareness and live in an echo chamber where any form of criticism is taken as hate and attacks on their fragile egos.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

^^ approved by who? The viewers or the brand?

lolomgstop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lolomgstop »

^ The brand lol. Nicole G mentioned that before she could post her vlog about the Benefit trip to Necker Island, it had to be approved. Not sure how true that is, but I'd imagine the brand would be the ones deciding what/what not to put in a video to show their audience. Makes no sense to me just like how it makes no sense for brands to send these people on free bribery trips thinking it'll make the average person want to go out and buy their crap products.

Claire's Marrakech vlog may very well have just been a pre-approved sponsored video under the disguise of "just another vlog showing you where I've been since I've been gone so long" video, instead of actually doing some lame makeup tutorial with YSL products with "AD" in the title.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

How prententious is her newest "documentary" dear god I can only predict how self righteous she'll sound when she makes the video about her school in Ghana. She'll have reached a new level in her superiority god complex

sqm
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by sqm »

allsaints wrote:She probably only made a Marrakech video because YSL sent her and probably told her to or indirectly told her to , to avoid the sponsored tag
Saint Laurent probably had to shower her in cash before Claire was willing to upload anything on her channel.

brashme
Learner
Learner

Post by brashme »

The voiceover was so fucking annoying? Who does she think she is? A movie director? Morgan Freeman?

No sis.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

So i don't think the vlog itself was sponsored bc Claire is very transparent about when she is paid to post. It's one of the things I actually do appreacite and like about her. HOWEVER, notice how fast she can get content uploaded if it's associated with money, free trip, etc. in this case she got a free trip and paid bc she posted the ads on IG. Claire's fans acting all happy bc she uploaded when it only got uploaded bc she felt obligated more or less to get it up as a thank you for the paid trip. Her channel is basically an infomercial

catbutts
Informer
Informer

Post by catbutts »

lolomgstop wrote:^ The brand lol. Nicole G mentioned that before she could post her vlog about the Benefit trip to Necker Island, it had to be approved. Not sure how true that is, but I'd imagine the brand would be the ones deciding what/what not to put in a video to show their audience. Makes no sense to me just like how it makes no sense for brands to send these people on free bribery trips thinking it'll make the average person want to go out and buy their crap products.

Claire's Marrakech vlog may very well have just been a pre-approved sponsored video under the disguise of "just another vlog showing you where I've been since I've been gone so long" video, instead of actually doing some lame makeup tutorial with YSL products with "AD" in the title.
yeah, I don't understand that either. What kind of advertisement is sending someone already rich on a free trip? What does Marrakech have to do with makeup products? I would understand sending someone to a conference or a meet and greet or something like that, but otherwise I just don't get it. It doesn't make me want to buy any products. It's not like it's an ad for a travel company.

lolomgstop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lolomgstop »

Lolokwow wrote:How prententious is her newest "documentary" dear god I can only predict how self righteous she'll sound when she makes the video about her school in Ghana. She'll have reached a new level in her superiority god complex
I always got the impression that her school in Ghana was being built as a collaborative effort with Pencils of Promise. Idk how much bragging she can really do if all she did was draw the artwork for those t-shirts while they are actually on the ground in Ghana doing all of the leg work. Lol, I actually saw some people selling her shirts on Poshmark and eBay a few weeks ago. It would be kind of cool if Claire could show the A-Z behind that, but I don't think she's that involved.
catbutts wrote:yeah, I don't understand that either. What kind of advertisement is sending someone already rich on a free trip? What does Marrakech have to do with makeup products? I would understand sending someone to a conference or a meet and greet or something like that, but otherwise I just don't get it. It doesn't make me want to buy any products. It's not like it's an ad for a travel company.
The one cool thing I saw about her Marrakech trip was that they got to visit and take a tour of the Majorelle Garden where Yves Saint Laurent and his partner lived. You kind of get to see a little bit of the history behind the man behind the YSL brand. Now, these other trips these people go on? Absolutely nothing to do with makeup or the brand - just a bunch of lavish A-list faux celeb treatment because they have a following of stans and minions who worship them and will buy whatever they tell them to.

catbutts
Informer
Informer

Post by catbutts »

I still don't get why send her though lol. It's like "oh look at this rich spoiled girl be able to tour history, now buy our shit!" Uuuuuhm okay, whatever. It would be one thing to make a video with the brand, talking about the culture of the brand and the founding while touring that place. But this is just so dumb. This way it's like... Yeah congratulations Claire, you're even more unrelatable now than before.

EffyStonem
Informer
Informer

Post by EffyStonem »

Seconding a bunch of the previous comments... what's up w the new wave of sending "social media influencers" on lavish trips??? I think 90% of the viewers can not afford the products, let alone the trips so like .. what's the point of "oh so we were shown the new Gucci perfume in PARIS, in a 5 star hotel, for FREE" like?? That just annoys people more. They get the same damn publicity with just sending the shit to youtubers etc and making them post a video or picture on YouTube/Instagram pretending they love it. I understand if it was maybe real celebs that they want to impress/have friendly connections with, but these "social media influencers" sell their souls for anything and would rave about actual dog shit if they got paid.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

Lolokwow wrote:So i don't think the vlog itself was sponsored bc Claire is very transparent about when she is paid to post. It's one of the things I actually do appreacite and like about her. HOWEVER, notice how fast she can get content uploaded if it's associated with money, free trip, etc. in this case she got a free trip and paid bc she posted the ads on IG. Claire's fans acting all happy bc she uploaded when it only got uploaded bc she felt obligated more or less to get it up as a thank you for the paid trip. Her channel is basically an infomercial
This is what gave it away. Telling us the history of Yves Saint Laurent through out the video .

lotus
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lotus »

brashme wrote:The voiceover was so fucking annoying? Who does she think she is? A movie director? Morgan Freeman?

No sis.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Re Fuckin Tweet

Lmao Morgan Freeman is exactly it. I was like WTF why is she talking all wierd almost changing her voice

inmensidad
Informer
Informer

Post by inmensidad »

As much as I used to love her videos, I didn't like the latest Marrakech one. It really does feel like she's over Youtube because it seemed to me that she didn't even try. She keeps adding snapchat videos or instagram pictures (of poor quality) in her youtube video, what's up with that?

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

inmensidad wrote:As much as I used to love her videos, I didn't like the latest Marrakech one. It really does feel like she's over Youtube because it seemed to me that she didn't even try. She keeps adding snapchat videos or instagram pictures (of poor quality) in her youtube video, what's up with that?
Soon as I saw the first Snapchat video inserted I exited out. You'd think the almighty filmmaker Claire would know to film sideways on her phone's camera by now or to at least flip and adjust the image when editing. She never has enough clips and has to recycle the mess out of clips on her iPhone

babydoe
Learner
Learner

Post by babydoe »

I clicked out of the Marrakech vlog so fast. She's trying to be like thatschic except way older and... less chic lmao.

asap_celine
Informer
Informer

Post by asap_celine »

I didn't really like the whole "documentary" feel to the video either. All she really did was insert more pictures than videos and talk. I'm sure she's decided to talk a lot in her videos because her cult-followers LIVE for it. :roll:

Also, I don't get why brands have to "approve" of youtube videos when these youtubers are already snapchatting EVERYTHING that goes on. So we already get a gist of what they're doing...?

It's funny how FAST she edited and uploaded that Marrakech video, like within a week of coming back. She must've been offered a lot of money.

Return to “Claire Marshall”