AModelRecommends

naypips
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: AModelRecommends

Post by naypips » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Ruth is one of the gems in Youtube, along with Lisa Eldridge.

naypips
Lurker
Lurker

Post by naypips » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:32 pm

She's one of Youtube's gems.

___Violet___
Learner
Learner

Post by ___Violet___ » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:34 am

I find Ruth so hilarious and genuine. She is fab. Not sure why she's so close with Caroline Hirons as Caroline seems so bitter and Ruth so laidback, but who knows.

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:11 am

I still like her, but she's all over the place in videos nowadays. Seriously, it's a short video and you only make what, one a week? Try and not be stupidly disorganised. It's not cute... Also fed up of the baby just constantly being there. Can't she film when her husband has the child or is asleep or something? Also, I don't watch her tutorials (if you can even call them that) anymore because I don't know how many times I can watch her apply barely-there makeup with one hinting sweep of eyeshadow. Seriously, that is all she does. In every. Single. One.

Please. Sort yourself out Ruth.

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:30 am

Ruth was one of my favourites when she first started but she's a bit too 'Gleam' these days. She has always had quite expensive taste and products but it was obvious that she liked them and actually used them before and I got some good recommendations from her way back then. Now she is just trying to sell the same over priced, over hyped products as everyone else.

I like her personality and think she is funny but agree with the previous poster that the constant baby stuff is a bit annoying. I'm happy for her that she has her longed for baby and it's natural to show her in vlogs and stuff but having her next to her and stopping every two minutes to talk to her in beauty videos is a bit weird.

Also don't understand how she is always saying about having so much work to do. If it's behind the scenes stuff on Colab or something then fair enough but her youtube and blog output can't be taking a lot of effort (I know she has a baby to look after and am not saying she should be doing more, just that in her vlogs and stuff she is always saying 'i've got so much work to do/I've spent all day working' but she only does about one video per week)

EsmeAthena
Talker
Talker

Post by EsmeAthena » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:14 am

mp1416 wrote:I still like her, but she's all over the place in videos nowadays. Seriously, it's a short video and you only make what, one a week? Try and not be stupidly disorganised. It's not cute... Also fed up of the baby just constantly being there. Can't she film when her husband has the child or is asleep or something? Also, I don't watch her tutorials (if you can even call them that) anymore because I don't know how many times I can watch her apply barely-there makeup with one hinting sweep of eyeshadow. Seriously, that is all she does. In every. Single. One.

Please. Sort yourself out Ruth.
I agree on this one. She's all over the place and I find it difficult to follow what she's saying. It drive me nuts when she forgets what she's talking about. Very unprofessional.

AMS26Stunning
Informer
Informer

Post by AMS26Stunning » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:17 am

:roll:

Aqus
Debater
Debater

Post by Aqus » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:31 am

I just discovered her and she seems genuine :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

1loveyoutube
Learner
Learner

Post by 1loveyoutube » Sun May 15, 2016 2:34 pm

I love Ruth, i found many European skincare product through her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:23 pm

I was kind of turned off by her Chanel bag unboxing. It wasn't the fact that she bought it as much as she admitted to having a spending problem in the past, didn't keep the receipt, and cannot wear it with dark colors. :? You dropped thousands on a bag and you don't know the name... That's a impulse purchase.

craftypudding
Learner
Learner

Post by craftypudding » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:51 am

Edie wrote:I was kind of turned off by her Chanel bag unboxing. It wasn't the fact that she bought it as much as she admitted to having a spending problem in the past, didn't keep the receipt, and cannot wear it with dark colors. :? You dropped thousands on a bag and you don't know the name... That's a impulse purchase.
Yeah I just watched it and didn't like it either, her being flippant about something that costs thousands. Lots of people on Youtube are saying it is 'the best unboxing ever', although one of the top comments is: "You youtubers have definitely got more money than sense".  I don't begrudge her spending hard earned money on whatever she wants but knowing most people can't afford them, maybe the tone of it could have been different.

artheusa
Talker
Talker

Post by artheusa » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:58 pm

This thread is pretty abandoned. Anyway, Ruth is one of my all time favourite youtubers. She managed to stay interesting and fresh after many years, even after giving birth to 2 kids. Such a cool mum too! I'm not a kids person at all, but her vlogs with Angelica and Ted never bore me (see, I learned their names). I hope she stays this way :tu:

1loveyoutube
Learner
Learner

Post by 1loveyoutube » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:27 am

I’ve followed her for years, love how down to earth she is and humorous too!

Return to “A Model Recommends”