Re: Pixiwoo GENERAL THREAD Part 2

Post by Triple_Axel »

craftypudding wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:49 pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/ar ... apman.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C7E9C68D-630D-4A98-811D-78C6921910C8.jpeg
:rofl:

Got to love how quite a few people in the comments say they know the area and the view isn’t actually that great but it’s an overpriced flat above the shops.

Also...yawn. Nothing fascinating about that video and the same goes for her recent content that’s mostly her pouting at her front camera and mentioning the boyfriend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

I don't understand why she thinks this looks good? She looks like some random guy with makeup on.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bevflannery »

Dandelion wrote:I don't understand why she thinks this looks good? She looks like some random guy with makeup on.

I thought the same! Not being horrible but it totally looks like a man in drag. Too much Botox also!

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

bevflannery wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:57 am
Dandelion wrote:I don't understand why she thinks this looks good? She looks like some random guy with makeup on.

I thought the same! Not being horrible but it totally looks like a man in drag. Too much Botox also!

She is pretty harmless especially in comparison to her sister but sometimes I get so tired of her constant barrage of instagram stories and photos of her feeling herself with her open overlined lips. Her brows are way too much in that photo also, it’s what initially struck me. There’s nothing wrong with taking care of yourself or feeling good about your looks but she even said herself once that her husband comments on her looking “plastic”.

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

Nic has always looked like a man in drag to me. And lip fillers or not, they just don’t look good. With some people’s mouths, lip fillers just don’t help and they’re just a lost cause.

Sybil Vane
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sybil Vane »

Well...

Sybil Vane
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sybil Vane »

I might be terribly wrong but it seems Sam is suddenly using a lot of MAC products. Could her big secret release be a collab with them? I know MAC is a Canadian brand and the Chapman sisters are in New York, but I'm still wondering...

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

Sybil Vane wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:28 am
I might be terribly wrong but it seems Sam is suddenly using a lot of MAC products. Could her big secret release be a collab with them? I know MAC is a Canadian brand and the Chapman sisters are in New York, but I'm still wondering...
??? I could have sworn they live in England?

Sybil Vane
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sybil Vane »

Dandelion wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:00 am
Sybil Vane wrote:
They live in Norwich-England indeed but they are currently in New York for a big secret thing that shall be revealed tomorrow.

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery »

Dandelion wrote:
Sybil Vane wrote:
I think they’re in NY on business. They definitely live in UK.

Sybil Vane
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sybil Vane »

bevflannery wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:32 am
Dandelion wrote:
Sybil Vane wrote:
I think they’re in NY on business. They definitely live in UK.
Exactly!

craftypudding
Talker
Talker

Post by craftypudding »

Sybil Vane wrote:I might be terribly wrong but it seems Sam is suddenly using a lot of MAC products. Could her big secret release be a collab with them? I know MAC is a Canadian brand and the Chapman sisters are in New York, but I'm still wondering...
Is Mac considered cruelty free these days?

I could’ve sworn that I once saw (can’t remember when probably a few years ago) a pixiwoo video saying they weren’t going to use it anymore because of animal cruelty issues. I think there was a time when lots of people suddenly came out against Mac? Or maybe I am imagining, honestly not sure now.

Sybil Vane
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sybil Vane »

craftypudding wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:55 am
Sybil Vane wrote:I might be terribly wrong but it seems Sam is suddenly using a lot of MAC products. Could her big secret release be a collab with them? I know MAC is a Canadian brand and the Chapman sisters are in New York, but I'm still wondering...

I could’ve sworn that I once saw (can’t remember when probably a few years ago) a pixiwoo video saying they weren’t going to use it anymore because of animal cruelty issues. I think there was a time when lots of people suddenly came out against Mac? Or maybe I am imagining, honestly not sure now.
Again, I'm only speculating, based on what products she used during her live today: A LOT OF MAC. From day one, she's been using MAC but kind of stopped when her brushes were released. Today was this MAC palette then this other MAC palette topped by this MAC lipstick and so on. She also said her announcement wasn't Real Techniques related.
www.instagram.com/p/BtiyONdAczb/

craftypudding
Talker
Talker

Post by craftypudding »

Sybil Vane wrote:
craftypudding wrote:

Again, I'm only speculating, based on what products she used during her live today: A LOT OF MAC. From day one, she's been using MAC but kind of stopped when her brushes were released. Today was this MAC palette then this other MAC palette topped by this MAC lipstick and so on. She also said her announcement wasn't Real Techniques related.
You were right!!! :)

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

craftypudding wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:10 am
Sybil Vane wrote:
craftypudding wrote:

You were right!!! :)

She doesn't look great in that photo. But yes, I saw the announcement on Nic's Instagram earlier. Nothing special as Mac have been doing lipstick collaborations with beauty bloggers like Fleur, Patricia Bright and even some other European bloggers these past two years or so. But I'm sure it's a big deal for them since they used to work at Mac and it's a "dream big" and "look how far we've come" blah blah kind of a message.

Sybil Vane
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sybil Vane »

It's not that I guessed it correctly that stuns me.
It's the fact that they are THAT transparent...
As Triple_Axel said above, this is not the first collab between Youtube people and MAC. That being said, they were working there and possibly did dream of that day for a while, so good for them I suppose.

meandthemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by meandthemoon »

Here are my thoughts on Pixiwoo:

I don't dislike them like many people here apparently do. I actually really enjoy watching NIc--she's funny and laid back. I'm not a huge fan of watching Sam because I find that she can be abrasive and shallow. I do think, however, that Sam is more talented at makeup than Nic is. Sam seems to have a deeper understanding and passion for makeup and artistry than Nic does. Having said that, I do not think either of them are very good at doing makeup on other people. I honestly do root for them to succeed and would love to see them get high-profile gigs as celebrity make-up artists but I just don't see that happening given their skills.

I mostly like the fact that they both still come across as ordinary people. Yes, they have much more money now and have changed in many ways (more plastic surgery and better clothes), but I don't feel like they've become these Youtube personalities like other gurus.

Now, the MAC thing. I was very excited for them when I first heard and thought it to be a very big step forward in their careers, but now that I know that it is part of a line that MAC has with many internet personalities, it does kind of tamper the "bigness" of it.

Tearose
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Tearose »

Did anyone see Sam's live stream - I think she was more than slightly sozzled.

craftypudding
Talker
Talker

Post by craftypudding »

Tearose wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 am
Did anyone see Sam's live stream - I think she was more than slightly sozzled.
Missed that - what was she doing?!

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

She did a stream just to check the settings in her new studio. Proper video coming up tomorrow. Do you think she'll now film more? Probably not.

On a positive note, I liked the inetrview video with Josh Wood they did earlier in the week. It was to the point and they weren't talking over the interviewee as they have done in the past.

Return to “Pixiwoo”