Pixiwoo GENERAL THREAD

YouTubeAddict79
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pixiwoo GENERAL THREAD

Post by YouTubeAddict79 »

The first bridal video in the serie by Nic was so painful to watch. It's like she had to check the tubes of every product to get the name right. I am not even a makeup artist and I know the name of all my products. lol

laurrxy
Talker
Talker

Post by laurrxy »

i find these two sisters to be THE MOST annooying and boring make up artists on youtube, i can't stand there faces. i'm currently watching one of them do make up before a "class" NOW WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD VOLUNTARILY GO TO A CLASS OF THEIRS??? the only "class" i seen was a bronzer "masterclass" and it was the most embarassing thing ive ever seen, with the pencilled on freckles, omg i cringed.
i'm not a bitch, i just don't give a fuck alot

sophiebops
Learner
Learner

Post by sophiebops »

Nic's hair looks much better when it's not paired with such massively filled in eyebrows, she looks so odd!
she could get away with the brows when she had dark hair but now it's just bleh.

gossip_girl
Informer
Informer

Post by gossip_girl »

I'm sad that I used to love their videos, but I don't even watch them anymore. I don't sub to anyone I just click their channels because I don't have or want a gmail account, but what happened to them? They were these refined semi stuck up sisters with talent to these try hard sell outs who look ridiculous in these new images. The old Sam would be way to professional to be among the Kandee Johnson, Zoe's etc. to now being worse than many gurus they used to look down on. They didn't want to be partners in the beginning and now look?

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

gossip_girl wrote:I'm sad that I used to love their videos, but I don't even watch them anymore. I don't sub to anyone I just click their channels because I don't have or want a gmail account, but what happened to them? They were these refined semi stuck up sisters with talent to these try hard sell outs who look ridiculous in these new images. The old Sam would be way to professional to be among the Kandee Johnson, Zoe's etc. to now being worse than many gurus they used to look down on. They didn't want to be partners in the beginning and now look?
I know what you mean, I used to love these sisters two years ago when they were still had passion for their channel and actually put effort. Nowadays I don't know what happened but their videos lack that fire in their belly and they started mixing the most wrong colors and what have you. It's not the same anymore...

maluca
Informer
Informer

Post by maluca »

I was just watching another youtuber's vlog from today at London IMATS. Pixiwoo was supposed to talk there today but cancelled cause of personal issues. Anyone know what happened?

Louis Vweeton
Informer
Informer

Post by Louis Vweeton »

maluca wrote:I was just watching another youtuber's vlog from today at London IMATS. Pixiwoo was supposed to talk there today but cancelled cause of personal issues. Anyone know what happened?
Personal issue and/or Nic was quite unwell. From their Twitter.
Formerly known as charmeleon1, now in tribute of OrganizedLikeJen/MyHousewifeLife

Grayditch
Talker
Talker

Post by Grayditch »

planetofzog wrote:Woah, not been following this pair for ages but when did Nic start dressing like a hooker and Sam turn into something from the Adams family? Their stuff bores me but i've always thought they were good looking women!!

Yuuuck. Nic always wears too much bronzer/contour/blush ... A bit draggish to me.
And man, the eyebrows !

- Moon of my life.
- My sun and stars.
<3

Shinichi
Talker
Talker

Post by Shinichi »

Nic's hair is horrible. It looks like a helmet.

oh,please
Talker
Talker

Post by oh,please »

@gossipgirl - yes. Exactly. They used to provide useful tutorials - especially Sam (I've always found Nic annoying and her denial of her skin condition makes me crazy). And they were honest about products, whereas now their blog posts particularly are just basically advertorials for expensive products they receive gratis (though to their credit, at least they admit it). As for Nic dressing like a hooker - she has always had a hooker streak to her style, with the way-too-much blusher and the pouty lips at the end of every tutorial. The new hair and short skirts just make it more obvious.

And oh, god, that Tanya... <shudder>

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

Well Nic was a glamour model so thats probably where her tacky style came from.. :lol:

bvajne
Talker
Talker

Post by bvajne »

^hahahahhahahahaa
:D
English is not my first language

amakeupaddict
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by amakeupaddict »

Her natural eyebrows suit her much better then trying to draw in massive brows.

I just watched Sam's newest tutorial (Kristin Stewart) and her skin looks great which is amazing because they both said in the video with Caroline Hirrons that they don't know a lot about skincare! They must have good genes.

Sapphire
Learner
Learner

Post by Sapphire »

Just saw the latest tutorial with Nic. She looks so awful. Between the cheap, brassy hair and the super arched drawn on brows she just looks like a cross between a much older woman streetwalker and a drag queen. I don't know why all their looks are the same. I don't know why they are "in the industry" but have no clue what really suits them or compliments them. This is the end result of calling any constructive criticism "hate" and only listening to the sycophants who say how beautiful you look. Do these women not own a mirror anymore?

SuperBeachKid
Talker
Talker

Post by SuperBeachKid »

I don't like the looks that Nic does when she further accentuates her socket.. To me it's not very flattering on her seeing as her eyelid sockets are already quite prominent :| maybe it's just a personal preference thing though. I have both hooded and deep set eyes so if I put a dark colour directly in the socket of my eye, my eyes look too sunken in and almost a little scary lol.

syllabub

Post by syllabub »

Whenever Nic puts lipstick or gloss on it ruins the look and makes her look like a drag queen. Her lips are not something she should draw attention to IMO...she does not have good lips.

Post by Guest »

I'm 30 seconds into the Daily Mix Bootcamp video and I cannot believe how bad Sam and Nic look.

Sam's face is orange and I hate her lipstick. Nics eyebrows are horrible and her hair and outfit are not doing her any favours either.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I haven't watched pixiwoo videos in almost a year, and the first thing I see when I come "back" is Nic's eyebrows.
Seriously, what the fuck? How can she look good to herself in the mirror with those overdrawn lines?

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

Does Nic have like a middle life crisis? The hair is just awful, she really looks like a mature woman trying to pull off a teenager look. :|

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

Sam and Nic are hosting Daily mix's beauty bootcamp, I have made a thread here for anyone who wants to discuss

Return to “Pixiwoo”