Pixiwoo GENERAL THREAD

melodymoon
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pixiwoo GENERAL THREAD

Post by melodymoon »

doggymayday wrote:Does Nic have like a middle life crisis? The hair is just awful, she really looks like a mature woman trying to pull off a teenager look. :|
I like the Pixiwoo sisters but recently their style seems a bit off - I can't help but think of Edina Monsoon when I see Nic now... :lol:

Maybe DailyMix 'stylists' are to blame?

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

Why did Nic of all people make How to wear bronzer and blush? :o

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

lips wrote:So Sam did a Kirsten Stewart look and someone told her the makeup artist was actually Charlotte Tillbury and Sam put that in the description bar but there was no link to Charlotte's YouTube channel. Strange. You'd think they would watch her channel. Morons.
I think she just felt like she HAD to give credit. Most of those youtube gurus appear rather intimidated/threatened/envious of real life makeup artists and never admit knowing about them or watching their channels.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

Biba girl wrote:
lips wrote:So Sam did a Kirsten Stewart look and someone told her the makeup artist was actually Charlotte Tillbury and Sam put that in the description bar but there was no link to Charlotte's YouTube channel. Strange. You'd think they would watch her channel. Morons.
I think she just felt like she HAD to give credit. Most of those youtube gurus appear rather intimidated/threatened/envious of real life makeup artists and never admit knowing about them or watching their channels.
I'm sure they watch her channel but they'll die before admitting to it. They are so threatened by real MUAs, it's laughable. They would only promote or acknowledge knowing people of their own calibre like Goss, Kandee Johnson and the like. The only reason she put the info in the description bar is because she got called out on it.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

I really liked them when I first started watching, but they've just gotten sooo sloppy over time. And the hate they have towards other MUAs, I just don't get it.

And the way they reply to comments, they are like mean girls, thinking they are above all.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

doggymayday wrote:I really liked them when I first started watching, but they've just gotten sooo sloppy over time. And the hate they have towards other MUAs, I just don't get it.

And the way they reply to comments, they are like mean girls, thinking they are above all.
That, combined with not having an interesting video in what seemed like months has really put me off them. I keep thinking they will do something that I will enjoy like a foundation series or something, but it never happens.

doggymayday
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by doggymayday »

Yep,... I've almost completely stopped watching them.

I also remember that week, when Nic posted a video everyday for the Saturdays looks, but I almost felt like she did them all in one day. She just rushed through all of them, I just couldn't stand them.

Lisa is pure perfection though. not only makeup wise, but the way she talks, and all, ... love her.

pixi2who?
Debater
Debater

Post by pixi2who? »

OMG I haven't watched them in ages! What has happended to them????
They both look so sloppy and drag. Like what is going on with nics hair...I always thought her hair was one of her better features.
By all the money they make you would assume that their style and outfit choises would improve (like imagine what lovely clothes they could afford) but they just got extremly downwards. yikes!
Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes - English is not my first language!

sleeplessnights
Learner
Learner

Post by sleeplessnights »

pixi2who? wrote:OMG I haven't watched them in ages! What has happended to them????
They both look so sloppy and drag. Like what is going on with nics hair...I always thought her hair was one of her better features.
By all the money they make you would assume that their style and outfit choises would improve (like imagine what lovely clothes they could afford) but they just got extremly downwards. yikes!
This!
Really, what happened to Nic? I always thought she was so cute. What a pity.
I apologize for any mistakes, English is not my first language!

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

Nic must be going through some kind of post partum crisis. What is with THE LOOK?! Where did it come from?!! She used to look so cute before and for the longest time, I used to think she was the prettier sister. Mind you, Sam has also gone downhill lately. The pair of them are just not aging gracefully at all and they're not even old!! I'm truly baffled.

sleeplessnights
Learner
Learner

Post by sleeplessnights »

I know it's not a new video, but I just saw the "Classic Lana del Rey" tutorial by Nic... I can see yellow foundation patches all over her forehead o_O has anyone else noticed it?
I apologize for any mistakes, English is not my first language!

Post by Guest »

I hate the way Sam always acts like she is so busy and doing everyone a big favor by slapping on some makeup in front of the camera. The sisters are interesting because Sam is soooo masculine looking and Nicola is so feminine looking. Sam can be beautiful when she is fixed up. Nic is never beautiful. She is always just pretty. Nic also acts like she is doing everyone a big favor when she decides to do some work. They will never be real makeup artists because that would take some actual work. These two just want to work when they feel like it.

ggxx

Post by ggxx »

It's disgusting that they don't bother to credit the makeup artist who created the original. Just more proof that they are cheap copies of the original. The sad thing is, I prefer Sam's videos when she just sits infront of the camera and creates something herself. She actually looks like a half decent MUA in some of those rather than a rip off merchant. Ah well, I'm sure Charlotte Tilbury hasn't exactly lost sleep over it. Sam and Nic can carry on with their Avon work and she'll do another Vogue cover of Tom Ford fashion show! 8-)

Hysteria
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Hysteria »

I think Nic's new image is horrific. Her hair is stuck in the 80's - I've never seen anyone's hair suit them less!

And Sam suddenly thinks she's a flipping style guru. Her outfit choices are AWFUL!! They both need to dress their age. Not 15 anymore ladies!

Sam's new attempts at connecting with her audience are pathetic too. Her chatty attitude is so fake I have to turn off. Nothing worse than watching someone be ridiculously false.

Post by Guest »

Tanya's numbers are going through the roof. Something tells me this will not end well. That's what Sam gets for being a good egg and helping out little Tanya Burr. No good dead goes unpunished as they say. LOL

moonlight77
Debater
Debater

Post by moonlight77 »

But then Sam might be enjoying that fact that her brushes are selling well and having lots of £££ in the bank, Tanya hasn't got her own "brand" yet of anything, she'll just turn up at events and have her photograph taken and pretend to be famous. The Pixiwoo sisters haven't done that yet (thank goodness for that).

arclightlux
Lurker
Lurker

Post by arclightlux »

lips wrote:Sam is so lazy. She's doing a look based on this black lady singer and can't find a black girl in all of Norwich or in all of England to recreate it? I mean she gave some tips on the eyeshadow colors but what about lips cheek foundation? I mean are black women not her viewers too or wear makeup? Why is everything based on Caucasian looks...even when the original look is on a woman of color! Stupid.

Oh time to head off to Ibiza or some other white trash vacation destination! Bye guys!
If you want to watch makeup done on a person of X ethnicity, there are Youtube gurus from nearly each and every ethnicity out there. It's not practical to do a look multiple ways in order to suit everyones skin color and features. I never see someone go onto an Asian or Black guru's page and say, "Why don't you ever do looks on a White person or Hispanic person?" It's not that hard to google "60s makeup hooded eyes" or "50s makeup dark skin."

Grayditch
Talker
Talker

Post by Grayditch »

"Green Smokey Eye Make Up Tutorial" today.
Really looks like a drag makeup ! Not that it is wrong but I highly doubt that this was what she was going for :P ... She looks so manly in the end , especially 'cause of the lips imo !

- Moon of my life.
- My sun and stars.
<3

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

That has to be the worst look ever done by them.. Something GossMakeupArtist would be proud of!

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

Nic always looks like a drag queen, and those pouty lips are distasteful.

Return to “Pixiwoo”