Hope this allows y'all to post now

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pixiwoo GENERAL THREAD

Post by Jerseybitch »

They deleted my comment "Get back to the factory!" lol I couldn't help myself, she should have known not to pick a foundation with bronze undertones to darken her skin. Lisa Eldridge says to pick a neutral base darker than your skintone then add bronze to the highpoints of your face. I love freckles but not fake ones....

Fuzzy Lego

Post by Fuzzy Lego »

I don't think I've ever seen Sam put this much personality into a video before.

[youtube][/youtube]

JuliaWinston

Post by JuliaWinston »

The question is; why the hell are they now taking credit for something Lisa Eldridge developed? I am so sick of that desperate family! Chapman sisters, if you're reading this (and I know you are), you will NEVER have Lisa's class or talent. You should be ashamed of yourselves for constantly ripping her off.

Fuzzy Lego

Post by Fuzzy Lego »

To be fair it's on the Boots channel so they are the ones that hired them to do it.

winky
Learner
Learner

Post by winky »

How ironic it is that she is doing a sponsored No 7 video for an innovative line headed by a person that they constantly rip off.

JuliaWinston

Post by JuliaWinston »

winky wrote:How ironic it is that she is doing a sponsored No 7 video for an innovative line headed by a person that they constantly rip off.
Exactly. I'm sure that Boots is completely unaware of this and Lisa is too kind to bring it up. Honestly though, the way they have been promoting this really makes people think they created it themselves. People are congratulating them on Facebook and they don't even have the decency to correct them. Disgusting really...

rachkelly
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rachkelly »

they sounded so fake in this video, talking about the foundation. couldn't take them seriously, they really seemed to only be there for the money, whatever. this is something new and revolutionary, they could act a little more realistic..

winky
Learner
Learner

Post by winky »

JWinston wrote:
winky wrote:How ironic it is that she is doing a sponsored No 7 video for an innovative line headed by a person that they constantly rip off.
Exactly. I'm sure that Boots is completely unaware of this and Lisa is too kind to bring it up. Honestly though, the way they have been promoting this really makes people think they created it themselves. People are congratulating them on Facebook and they don't even have the decency to correct them. Disgusting really...
Are you serious? I can't even...

BebeSwan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by BebeSwan »

I just can't believe Lisa worked on this for 3 years and pixiwoo sisters just jump in after the hard work is done and do the sponsored videos!

aussie_chick
Lurker
Lurker

Post by aussie_chick »

Videos were ridiculous. Never seen them so animated in a video. Seemed fake. Agree that they didn't step in to correct the person who congratulated them until after someone said "Didn't Lisa Eldridge develop this?"
Then they respond with:
"I believe the actual machine was developed by an outside company but Lisa worked on implementing it and figuring out the new shades of foundation. She did a fab job I think."
"worked on implementing it" and the machine was developed by an outside company... sounded catty to me. Like they were saying don't give her too much credit. Or maybe i'm just too cynical about them these days.

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

aussie_chick wrote:Videos were ridiculous. Never seen them so animated in a video. Seemed fake. Agree that they didn't step in to correct the person who congratulated them until after someone said "Didn't Lisa Eldridge develop this?"
Then they respond with:
"I believe the actual machine was developed by an outside company but Lisa worked on implementing it and figuring out the new shades of foundation. She did a fab job I think."
"worked on implementing it" and the machine was developed by an outside company... sounded catty to me. Like they were saying don't give her too much credit. Or maybe i'm just too cynical about them these days.
Well it is kind of obvious sam and nic that Lisa wouldn't have actually made the machine! She's a makeup artist not a scientist/engineer!! When you compare it to Lisa's video the difference is unbelievable! You can clearly see Lisa put her heart and soul into it. She didn't just 'implement' it, she worked alongside the scientists to create knowledge of different skin tones and the properties of the skin.I seriously wish pixiwoo had nothing to do with it.

JuliaWinston

Post by JuliaWinston »

I cannot handle the fact that there are naive girls congratulating them on their "accomplishment" and they can't be bothered to tell them the truth. And to the commenter above, they had NOTHING to do with this project with the exception of getting paid by Boots to promote it. I just bet they weren't expecting them to act like they actually had an input in development.

thinklips
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thinklips »

They should at least mention Lisa's name!! I think it's bloody cheeky.
I also think it's bad form from Boots to get Pixiwoo involved too. :raging:

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Ooooh, comments pending approval! Well that Lisa E comment of mine is going nowhere :raging:

rachkelly
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rachkelly »

well obviously they could mention lisa, as a fellow youtuber and as a make up artist in the business. they did after all talk so much crap about gossmakeupartist and some other make up artists in the industry.

again i repeat, the video with sam was fake fake fake

JuliaWinston

Post by JuliaWinston »

rachkelly wrote:well obviously they could mention lisa, as a fellow youtuber and as a make up artist in the business. they did after all talk so much crap about gossmakeupartist and some other make up artists in the industry.

again i repeat, the video with sam was fake fake fake
What did they say about gossmakeupartist? I feel bad cause he seems to really kiss their ass.

heyheyheynow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by heyheyheynow »

Fascinating ... that video is on the OFFICIAL BOOTS CHANNEL. If there was really a feud between Pixiwoo and Lisa Eldridge, they would NEVER have done a video. Lisa might be the creative director but obviously someone else is calling the shots re: marketing.

I myself was never convinced that Lisa Eldridge was talking about Pixiwoo when she imploded on Facebook. I know she said "they", but the way it was written doesn't necessarily mean two people. No one knows exactly how the foundation match tool was implemented, either.

It was HIGHlarious watching her use her fingers for foundation, never have I seen her use fingers on Pixiwoo but obviously couldn't use Real Techniques :lol: too bad she couldn't wrangle a deal out of them, I don't think Boots has a makeup brush range. Who carries RT in the UK?

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

heyheyheynow wrote:Fascinating ... that video is on the OFFICIAL BOOTS CHANNEL. If there was really a feud between Pixiwoo and Lisa Eldridge, they would NEVER have done a video. Lisa might be the creative director but obviously someone else is calling the shots re: marketing.

I myself was never convinced that Lisa Eldridge was talking about Pixiwoo when she imploded on Facebook. I know she said "they", but the way it was written doesn't necessarily mean two people. No one knows exactly how the foundation match tool was implemented, either.

It was HIGHlarious watching her use her fingers for foundation, never have I seen her use fingers on Pixiwoo but obviously couldn't use Real Techniques :lol: too bad she couldn't wrangle a deal out of them, I don't think Boots has a makeup brush range. Who carries RT in the UK?
Boots :lol: !!

Fuzzy Lego

Post by Fuzzy Lego »

Yep Boots carries RT. Sam's been on the official channel with RT brushes before. However since the new service at No7 came out more and more videos have popped up by Sam and Nic talking about the foundation service. What makes me laugh the most is that there's a video of each of them doing the makeup then there's one of Lisa doing makeup on an actual model.

Also in one of the discussion videos about it Sam harping on "oh I wish I had one for my kit!" Yeah like you need one for your kit when you only do makeup on yourself. :roll:

Return to “Pixiwoo”