Pixiwoo Random Discussions

NitrousOxide
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vegans who use products that test on animals...

Post by NitrousOxide »

Rosewynn wrote:I have vegan and vegetarian friends who are so just because they don't like the way certain foods (IE meat) tastes. I also have a friend who is vegetarian for health reasons. I guess if you're vegan/vegetarian and you're doing so to negate animal cruelty it could be a hypocrisy but just keep in mind not every vegan/vegetarian is so based on beliefs. :)
No, if you don't eat animal products you are a vegetarian. Veganism encompasses all areas of life, not just food.

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

Not necessarily. There are vegan's who only practice the food aspect and there are others who also continue that practice in other area's as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

No, if you don't eat animal products you are a vegetarian. Veganism encompasses all areas of life, not just food.
Not necessarily. There are vegan's who only practice the food aspect and there are others who also continue that practice in other area's as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: MAC Fluidline in "Black Tracks"?

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

She always pluralizes things for no reason. She's like the opposite of Michelle Phan (who refuses to pluralize).

It also makes the hair on my arms stand up when she calls Collection 2000/Collection "Collections 2000".

Maybe I'm just a nitpicky person.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

A while ago (I can't remember which video now), I caught Nic calling the MAC paint pot in Bare Study 'Bare StudIES'.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Real Makeup Artists Don't Rely on YouTube to Make a Livi

Post by Alka »

right, 15 videos out of 483? good one :misch:

mythology
Talker
Talker

Post by mythology »

I don't know much about it but could it be her dyslexia? I remember her mentioning it in a few previous videos. Could that in any way have an affect on her pronunciation? I have to admit, it is something that doesn't really bother me.

daisylove72
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Sam Singing!

Post by daisylove72 »

i didn't this it was amazing but it wasn't absolutely awful, not sure why people were saying it was great! i found it quite awkward to watch...

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: DailyMixTvChannel..

Post by Alka »

wunderkind wrote:
lips wrote:Oh god not another channel...this family has like 10 different channels. Boring.
^^This !
I'm surprised there's isnt a kid's channel yet, of children fashion or something, with sam's daughter and nic's baby.
2 daughters, so they could make girls fashion and boy fashion channels

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: plastic surgery?

Post by loopyloo »

Alka wrote:didn't know botox could lift brows... must look into it :)
Haven't you seen when celebs have one brow higher than the other? Kylie Minogue was walking around with one surprised brow for a while.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: plastic surgery?

Post by Alka »

loopyloo wrote:
Alka wrote:didn't know botox could lift brows... must look into it :)
Haven't you seen when celebs have one brow higher than the other? Kylie Minogue was walking around with one surprised brow for a while.
thought it was brow lift ;)

Fluff
Informer
Informer

Post by Fluff »

Argh yes, her pluralization angers me deep down. Collections 2000. Grr. I mean one it's called 'Collection' now*, and Sam always says that. And two it's just Collection. No S on the end.

I guess it could be her dyslexia, but has she not heard it called 'collection 2000'? They're quite a well known brand, so I'd have thought she'd jut.. Know it.

*im still calling it Collection 2000 because everything I've bought from them since they've rebranded still says 'collection 2000' on it. So until they can be bothered to rebrand on their individual products, I'm sticking the old name.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

Clairee wrote:Lol I say it "chew-tour-rial" so I dunno!
Me too! I lived in America for a (short) while and found Americans were really confused by my working class London accent as they were used to hearing upper-class English accents in films. No one could work out where I was from.

tubhouse
Informer
Informer

Re: Real Makeup Artists Don't Rely on YouTube to Make a Livi

Post by tubhouse »

punchie
Lurker
Lurker

Smoky Makeup for Hooded Eyes

Post by punchie »

Smoky Look for Hooded Eyes. Copied the idea, copied the guest concept, copied the name(except for one word look vs makeup) and all within a space of 5 days. Their subscribers are pissed at them now.

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Constantly Copying Lisa Eldridge

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I could understand a little vlogger with about 100 subscribers copying Lisa's videos to try and get themselves a bigger audience or some attention, but pixiwoo really should be above stalking another channel. If they're out of ideas they should just take a break. I'm embarrassed for them.

Sugarmomma99
Learner
Learner

Re: Smoky Makeup for Hooded Eyes

Post by Sugarmomma99 »

punchie wrote:Smoky Look for Hooded Eyes. Copied the idea, copied the guest concept, copied the name(except for one word look vs makeup) and all within a space of 5 days. Their subscribers are pissed at them now.
You said it! I know there's no copyright on makeup. It's the timing and propriety of releasing their hoodedeyesvideosocloaeontheheels of LisaEldridge that gemstone. Especially since they've been previousy accused of copying LE. I don't know what the point of releasing this look is---combat? Defiance? Innocence? A virtual Eff you to naysayers? In any case it's in bad taste and reinforces my decision to unsub (which idid a couple of months ago)

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

This is hideous. I unsubscribed after this.

punchie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by punchie »

Sugarmomma99 wrote:
punchie wrote:Smoky Look for Hooded Eyes. Copied the idea, copied the guest concept, copied the name(except for one word look vs makeup) and all within a space of 5 days. Their subscribers are pissed at them now.
You said it! I know there's no copyright on makeup. It's the timing and propriety of releasing their hoodedeyesvideosocloaeontheheels of LisaEldridge that gemstone. Especially since they've been previousy accused of copying LE. I don't know what the point of releasing this look is---combat? Defiance? Innocence? A virtual Eff you to naysayers? In any case it's in bad taste and reinforces my decision to unsub (which idid a couple of months ago)
I unsubscribed yesterday. In fact discovered this forum yesterday after I saw this tutorial and realised on my own that it reminded me so much of Lisa's tutorial that i watched 2 days back. Something didnt seem quite right! Then i googled to check if i was loosing it or in fact, others felt the same way. When i reached here on this forum, realised this is not the first time they've done it - copied Lisa. a big disappointment that the people i thought were inspirational as a actually cheats who are so insecure of a fellow professional, i had to unsubscribe immediately.

Bee.*
Learner
Learner

Post by Bee.* »

tigerlily86 wrote:
syllabub wrote:She also says 'brulee' instead of 'brule' for a MAC eyeshadow...
I must admit, I thought it was pronounced that way too, cos I thought it was meant to be like a creme brulee cos it was that kind of colour. But then, I don't own that particular eyeshadow so I never saw how it was spelled.
Brulé and brulée is the same word but you don't pronounce it the same because crème is a femine word!
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,And live like it's heaven on earth.” - William W Purkey

Return to “Pixiwoo”