Pixiwoo Random Discussions

kmd1005
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Real Makeup Artists Don't Rely on YouTube to Make a Livi

Post by kmd1005 »

Amidst all the negativity and their questionable credibility, I'd rather watch a Pixiwoo video tutorial any day of the week instead of anything Michelle Phan puts out (every Friday!)...

I agree with one of the previous posts though, that Pixiwoo and Lisa Eldridge (who I both subscribe to) are both from different spectrums of makeup artistry - they each have a different focus. At the same time, PW must give credit where credit is due when it comes to replicating work from the original artist.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.... have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." (Steve Jobs, 2005)

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

Lisa Eldridge doesn't get paid for showing ads on her videos. To me that's the biggest difference between her and everyone else out there, who claims to be a "professional makeup artist".

boybeauty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by boybeauty »

I used to be such big fans of theirs. They where responsible for pushing me into becoming more proactive in my makeup career. However I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a video of theirs. I was always fascinated with their time period looks and their beauty icon looks (bridget bardot etc) I felt like it taught me something. Most of all I enjoyed those free style makeup "art" looks Sam would do. That is the type of makeup I focus on mainly myself and it was always fun to see another artist operate in the same way I did.

Now I could give to shits about the things they post, I don't want to know how to do a Kristen Stewart look, or any other young hollywood makeup. Its all the same and its all simple and repetitive techniques.

I just find the makeup scene on youtube is basically only helpful for reviews (which you can take with a grain of salt) There is no one out there that I can find who is making art or teaching anything. Its soooo boring, just like the Woo sisters.

Sapphire
Learner
Learner

Post by Sapphire »

boybeauty wrote:I used to be such big fans of theirs. They where responsible for pushing me into becoming more proactive in my makeup career. However I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a video of theirs. I was always fascinated with their time period looks and their beauty icon looks (bridget bardot etc) I felt like it taught me something. Most of all I enjoyed those free style makeup "art" looks Sam would do. That is the type of makeup I focus on mainly myself and it was always fun to see another artist operate in the same way I did.

Now I could give to shits about the things they post, I don't want to know how to do a Kristen Stewart look, or any other young hollywood makeup. Its all the same and its all simple and repetitive techniques.
This! I am not a makeup artist, but I also first started watching them because of their beauty icon looks. Also, Sam used to explain why she was doing something and how it could be achieved and with what techniques. Now, all the looks are the same - trashy, vulgar, and useless - and Sam doesn't even bother to mention the shade of foundation, let alone give any sort of actual teaching or advice.

Tuned in last week to see, on their main channel, a cringeworthy meeting they had with Simon Cowell. WTF?? Who cares about this crap? I guess all they want now is some grain of pseudo-fame, like a reality tv star or something. I only ever watched them to see their makeup tutorials. What a waste.

milly
Talker
Talker

Re: Too Old for Youtube?

Post by milly »

Some people just won't listen to reason, will they? Oh well. I suspect someone like Lips who seems to adamantly want to hold on to the belief that people (or just women?) should purposely adopt Martha Stewart's style after 27 will probably deal with an identity crisis themselves with each passing decade. Criticize successful and talented women all you want, but the day will come when some narrow-minded tweenie will be saying you're "too old" for something too.

And I just want to add that I think it's funny that only Sam and Nic's style was being criticized here. At times, they're silly as most sisters are with one another but both are pretty mature and don't try to hold onto their teen years as some other older gurus do. They may be in their 30s, but there is nothing wrong with the way they are or with the fact that they are MUAs sharing their knowledge with the world - regardless of what non-existent demographics say!
:FU:

whoawhoawhoa

Re: Constantly Copying Lisa Eldridge

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

i would have never made the connection to charlotte tilbury lol i just thought "oh cool episode 29 of their 'brown smokey eye with mac quite natural paint pot' series"

Kit167
Informer
Informer

Post by Kit167 »

It doesn't really bother me that they are copying Lisa I like watching Lisa and of course she knows her stuff but Pixiwoo are more fun to watch I like both of them maybe they don't know as much as Lisa but I know who I'd rather go for a drink with in an alternate universe and its not Lisa she seems a bit stuck up

Kit167
Informer
Informer

Re: Too Old for Youtube?

Post by Kit167 »

I think when it comes to makeup expertise its about experience and talent not age I mean Lisa and goss are both in their 30s Lisa may even be in her 40s I'm not sure I'd rather watch people who know what they're doing than a bunch of stupid teenagers who don't

Kit167
Informer
Informer

Post by Kit167 »

So Nic has posed topless for lads mags, blimey never would have thought, I always preferred Sam anyway tho saying that now in this place I'll probably come across some Skelton in Sam closet haha this place is amazing for gossip detective work :D

Kit167
Informer
Informer

Re: plastic surgery?

Post by Kit167 »

Gotta say though I think Sam looks amazing when she's made up she looks like a super model literally, always thought her nose looked perfect wonder if she a had a job done on that, not that I'm bothered if she did or if she's had Botox she looks great

Kit167
Informer
Informer

Re: Sam Singing!

Post by Kit167 »

blueberrymuffin wrote:Did anyone see the video of Sam singing on their PixiwooMadness channel?

[youtube][/youtube]

Thoughts? I think she has a lovely voice!
I hate it when people suddenly burst into song on YT it always seems cringeworthy to me although I like watching Sam and her voice seems ok, it seems like a weird thing to do, unless you have an amazing voice it just comes across as a weird embarrassing thing to do

Kit167
Informer
Informer

Re: A Family of Shillers

Post by Kit167 »

I think John is the most common member of the family followed by Nic then Sam who seems quite nice then Jim who doesn't even seem like he's related to those people at all, never mind being a twin to John how did he manage that!!!! Did Jim deliberately work oh his accent i wonder, he also seems like he got all the brains in the family. i tell you who I can't stand though that guy who does the workout channel with John him and his gf are a real pair of thickos, you begin to wonder where Jim came from its like he was left by a stork :D

hannah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hannah »

I wonder what their teachers think, because I presume they all went to the same school and Tanya did too right? Are they used as their schools success stories like some schools talk about actors/singers who studied there. If Jim is as intelligent as people make out his teachers probably all discuss how he's wasting it.

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

I assumed their mom and dad's relationship ended badly, or he passed away. Does anyone know if he's even alive?

shitgurussay
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by shitgurussay »

I second the jim changing his accent. The whole family sound like cockneys and he sounds very prim and proper. Are they originally from Essex?

I reckon the dad left on very bad terms if none will talk about him. None the less they have turned out well

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Edie wrote:I assumed their mom and dad's relationship ended badly, or he passed away. Does anyone know if he's even alive?
I think it must have been a very messy end to the relationship. Jim mentioned him in his draw my life video, and I think he simply mentioned that things weren't good. He's also mentioned him in a couple of vlogs just before his draw my life video and I got the impression that it was a touchy subject. None of them see their Dad anymore as far as I know.

I find their accents quite interesting. My brother and I were brought up in the same way/place etc yet we have incredibly different accents. I have pretty much no accent at all and am more Rp than anything I suppose. My brother however adopted the local accent from a very young age, which in turn is quite different from our parents accent.
I have always put it down to the fact that he is very much an extrovert and follows the crowd whilst I am more introverted and stubborn. :D He adopted the way everyone around here speaks to fit in, whereas I just never felt the need to do that. I thought it might be the same with Jim?
I find Nic and John to be very harsh to listen to. Sam is certainly softer when she speaks and Jim more so.
I'm pretty sure their mum is from essex? :D

Post by Guest »

Nin wrote:
Edie wrote:I assumed their mom and dad's relationship ended badly, or he passed away. Does anyone know if he's even alive?
I think it must have been a very messy end to the relationship. Jim mentioned him in his draw my life video, and I think he simply mentioned that things weren't good. He's also mentioned him in a couple of vlogs just before his draw my life video and I got the impression that it was a touchy subject. None of them see their Dad anymore as far as I know.

I find their accents quite interesting. My brother and I were brought up in the same way/place etc yet we have incredibly different accents. I have pretty much no accent at all and am more Rp than anything I suppose. My brother however adopted the local accent from a very young age, which in turn is quite different from our parents accent.
I have always put it down to the fact that he is very much an extrovert and follows the crowd whilst I am more introverted and stubborn. :D He adopted the way everyone around here speaks to fit in, whereas I just never felt the need to do that. I thought it might be the same with Jim?
I find Nic and John to be very harsh to listen to. Sam is certainly softer when she speaks and Jim more so.
I'm pretty sure their mum is from essex? :D
I meant to quote you not thumb you up...damn - although i do agree with a bit of what you're saying. I was wondering what does Rp stand for?

I too have siblings with entirely different accents to mine. I don't notice these things though, not until someone mentions it haha - is jims mum really from essex? she doesn't have the strong accent of someone from there. I think Jim because he went to uni in a different area (correct me if im wrong) may have loosened his accent a bit, which happens to alot of people. Where as sam, nic and jon (and tanya) all have that strong norwhich accent!

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

I think Jim actually went to his local uni and lived at home whilst he was there. I always put that down as to one of the reasons he didn't make any friends at all whilst at uni and spent all his time with Tanya (who was living at his mums house with him when she was 17).
I know when he finished his degree and went on to do his Masters (which he gave up on and didn't finish) he was doing it part time at a uni in London but still living in a small village near Norwich at the time with just Tanya.
I think he just seems so much more polite and aware of others than the rest of his family?

RP= Received Pronunciation. :D

Post by Guest »

Sam and Nic are Essex born I remember they mentioned it in a video before they moved to Norwich.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: plastic surgery?

Post by liseppe »

kittycatcat wrote:
YouTubeAddict79 wrote:I think it´s crazy that at their age they already feel the need for Botox.

As long as websites and posters like on this site exist, women will always feel the need for plastic surgery or changing the way they look.
People here aren't criticising their looks but their work. Goodness me, there are even commentators saying how they felt they could relate to the pixiwoo's as they weren't all botox and white teeth like so many involved in the beauty industry.

Please actually read this website before making such claims.

Return to “Pixiwoo”