Amarixe

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Amarixe

Post by emmygues »

sgirl1 wrote: Really? I didn't think there was anything wrong with that. I'd really love to see what's inside that bag!
I'm curious too but posting up a picture and saying how it takes up half the bed is bragging. I already knew people get freebies but there are ways to be classy about showing people what they got. Allison was pretty much telling everyone "OMG look I got so many freebies and be jealous because it takes up some much of my bed. I'm letting you know there's SOOOOO much stuff in there so you can be jealous. Look at my free stuff!!"

I already knew Nikki would post up a video about it. At least we knew Nikki didn't have the class. There's something off-putting about Allison lately.

These girls are really strange. They seem like they feel so accomplished because they have been invited to these events and get free stuff. But they show up to these events underdressed and badly styled. Then they pose without the confidence of their fellow guests. They look awkward every step they take at these events especially Allison. That's how you know they won't make it very far even behind the scenes. It's nothing to brag about unless it's done right. None of them have done it right so far. Not even Elle and Blair even though they are supposedly professionally styled.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by ChanelMagic »

emmygues wrote:i thought it was pretty classless of her to post a picture of the free stuff she got. that's downright bragging. there's something weird about her outfit. i think her skirt is too high on her waist.
I want to honestly know what in the world is the definition of the word "bragging" to some people. I never think people are bragging. Maybe it's a cultural or personal preference thing? To me bragging would be someone actually saying or acting like I have this and I am better than you because I have this. They are beauty gurus. They will have collections of clothes or makeup because it's their "business".

I'm not insecure about other people having things I don't have. Maybe this is why I never think hauls, closet tours, or makeup collections or someone showing a bag full of swag from an Oscars party is bragging. Get inspired not envious or jealous- waste of time. I'm busy thinking about finding a similar item on sale or different brand same item or a new use for something I already have.

I'm glad she's going to show us what she got in her goodie bag. I love swag - it's the marketing nerd in me. I can't wait. :)

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

dsaurrr wrote:I don't think she has any business being in the beauty or clothing (double ha!) business. Her clothing and style is pretty awful most of the time. she does a decent smokey eye look or something similiar.. and thats where her "talent" ends.. her foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer, etc... it's all god awful. I wonder how she got this far on youtube.. mind boggling.
by kissing ingrid's tush

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I'm surprised people are mad at her posting a picture of her free bag of stuff. When nearly everything this girl and other beauty gurus do on youtube is nothing but showing and using free products in every video they do, they're just not disclosing it as free because their dishonest twits.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

clairebear wrote:I'm surprised people are mad at her posting a picture of her free bag of stuff. When nearly everything this girl and other beauty gurus do on youtube is nothing but showing and using free products in every video they do, they're just not disclosing it as free because their dishonest twits.
she's so boring that if it's not the lying about free products, then it's about the obvious display of free products.

Post by Guest »

ChanelMagic wrote:
emmygues wrote:i thought it was pretty classless of her to post a picture of the free stuff she got. that's downright bragging. there's something weird about her outfit. i think her skirt is too high on her waist.
I want to honestly know what in the world is the definition of the word "bragging" to some people. I never think people are bragging. Maybe it's a cultural or personal preference thing? To me bragging would be someone actually saying or acting like I have this and I am better than you because I have this. They are beauty gurus. They will have collections of clothes or makeup because it's their "business".

I'm not insecure about other people having things I don't have. Maybe this is why I never think hauls, closet tours, or makeup collections or someone showing a bag full of swag from an Oscars party is bragging. Get inspired not envious or jealous- waste of time. I'm busy thinking about finding a similar item on sale or different brand same item or a new use for something I already have.

I'm glad she's going to show us what she got in her goodie bag. I love swag - it's the marketing nerd in me. I can't wait. :)
I completely agree. There was nothing boastful about what she did or said and I think some people are just green with envy.

rmc123
Learner
Learner

Post by rmc123 »

HAHA i thought i was the only one who noticed that. i hate how she shows the products by holding them with two fingers. just annoys me.
emmygues wrote:i think allison is way too insecure with herself. she's subconsciously doing things that ingrid does. i know that her open smile thumbnail is a conscious effort but her mannerisms are not. in her latest video, she has that stupid "wet manicure" hands thing going on that is way too much like ingrid. i notice it because it's one of the biggest things i dislike about ingrid. now they are both holding up products like the product is too delicate to be held with more two fingers. allison is always moving a lot more than ingrid. at first, it was the wiggling toes for OOTD's but now even when she reacts as she speaks, it's eerily like ingrid.

people only start acting like other people when they admire them or when they think of themselves of a lesser comparison. therefore, they want to change themselves to be more like their admiration. hence, allison wanting to be more like ingrid.

i'm glad she hasn't made her entire apartment a mirror of ingrid's apartment. it's still like allison before she met ingrid. but now that i look at it, allison is just way too insecure. i'm almost certain she got her cat to act as her own nugget. it was too bad that the cat didn't work out for her. if she really wanted a cat, she would have gotten another one by now. i guess she saw how much trouble it would be.

Minnie1
Learner
Learner

Post by Minnie1 »

Her new Feb. Favorites... I actually liked this video and think she looked really pretty and fresh :)

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

She wasn't so fake in this.. but she did a CG and Tarte giveaway..hmm

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

you can definitely hear her normal voice at certain points in the video, but everytime she talks about a new product, it goes back to the fake high pitched voice :(

BeautyBlogger
Learner
Learner

Post by BeautyBlogger »

JDBgirl wrote:She wasn't so fake in this.. but she did a CG and Tarte giveaway..hmm

She's done giveaways before. Sometimes when a new MAC collection comes out she'll do a giveaway for one or two things. This isn't really anything new. Though it's hard to tell sometimes because she's so damn shady with the FTC disclaimer.

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

i do love her pretty little liar recap vlogs!

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

well wait idk wrote:i do love her pretty little liar recap vlogs!
Me too. I'm glad she does them since I love to hear everyone's thoughts & theories on PLL and the episodes just get crazier and crazier. Also, it's nice because it feels more like she's just talking with us, you know? These are by far my favorite videos that she does.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

I love her PLL recaps too. This recent one Allison was hilarious. I wish she would do a recap for The Vampire Diaries. Also I liked the film quality and background in this video. She understands how to use a camera and lighting a lot better than most beauty gurus. I wish she would go help out AllthatGlitter21 who is a pink blurry mess.

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

ChanelMagic wrote:
I love her PLL recaps too. This recent one Allison was hilarious. I wish she would do a recap for The Vampire Diaries. Also I liked the film quality and background in this video. She understands how to use a camera and lighting a lot better than most beauty gurus. I wish she would go help out AllthatGlitter21 who is a pink blurry mess.
agreed, i loled when she said something like "its about time someone ran over wilden with a car" and how she was talking about pushing the car in the shallow end of the swimming hole LOL

sgirl1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sgirl1 »

well wait idk wrote:
ChanelMagic wrote:
agreed, i loled when she said something like "its about time someone ran over wilden with a car" and how she was talking about pushing the car in the shallow end of the swimming hole LOL
Allison does have a good sense of humour (to me, at least)! I feel like I can relate to the jokes she makes when she tweets & in her vlogs!

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

sgirl1 wrote:Allison does have a good sense of humour (to me, at least)! I feel like I can relate to the jokes she makes when she tweets & in her vlogs!
i liked the old allison. the one who made the april fool's videos with the what's in my purse and her makeup tutorial. the new allison is annoying. i hate her fake voice. i hate how she changes her voice to seem more girly. i hate how she can't be true to herself and tries to replicate other girls.

ikeepitrealok
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ikeepitrealok »

She blocked me on her beauty video when she was editing like Ingrid and making those colorful words around each product but I'm still subscribed to her vlog channel because I LOVE her personality. Her PLL vlogs and tea vlogs and book vlogs are amazing I just CAN'T STAND her fake ness on her beauty channel

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

ikeepitrealok wrote:She blocked me on her beauty video when she was editing like Ingrid and making those colorful words around each product but I'm still subscribed to her vlog channel because I LOVE her personality. Her PLL vlogs and tea vlogs and book vlogs are amazing I just CAN'T STAND her fake ness on her beauty channel
i find her fake on her vlog channel also. her dumb bike video and her high pitched pretty little liars vlogs. argh!

Meow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Meow »

emmygues wrote: i liked the old allison. the one who made the april fool's videos with the what's in my purse and her makeup tutorial. the new allison is annoying. i hate her fake voice. i hate how she changes her voice to seem more girly. i hate how she can't be true to herself and tries to replicate other girls.
I loved that video. did she delete it or am I just overlooking it? I couldn't find it when I searched.

speaking of some of her older videos, I went back and watched this one and was surprised how much I loved her hair. I didn't think her current blonde color was bad, but after seeing that video I think she should go back to brunette. it really really suits her.

[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “Allison Anderson”