Love her!

Locket
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Love her!

Post by Locket »

What I love about Allison is that she does everything. Vlogs, tutorials, reviews, favorites, hauls, everything! I have never seen her do a sponsored video (correct me if I'm wrong, though, because I just started her vids recently), and she seems to be very down-to-earth and honest. She has this humorous side to her that I absolutely adore, too. <3

Aaaaand one of the most important things to me is that she didn't gain her subscribers in some dishonest or stupid way. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like part of the reason a lot of young girls subscribe to gurus is to see all their cool stuff and how rich they are. Like, "Oh she's doing a room tour!! I can see all the cool stuff she buys with her money and how rich she is!" I know my ex-boyfriend's little sister used to be obsessed with Macbarbie07's videos because of how much money she appeared to have based on her material possessions. It was very weird and I didn't understand it AT ALL.

Back to the point, Allison is obviously well-off, but she doesn't flaunt it. She is very humble. I really appreciate that because I am kind of poor and I don't enjoy watching others brag about their money and their awesome lives (I'm looking at you, Blair Fowler!). I want to watch a beauty guru because of her talent for makeup and beauty, not because she has the money to pay for expensive products and a pretty bedroom.
:HK: :love2:

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Re: Love her!

Post by fantasy »

I love Allison. I think she is super sweet and more relatable than other gurus, too. I'm always happy to see a video from her pop up in my sub box. :)

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer

Post by DarthCassie »

I like her because she seems real on camera she doesn't act like a ditz on camera or put on a phony voice.

OhhNoo!
Talker
Talker

Post by OhhNoo! »

I first found Allison's channel a few months ago and I've never been disappointed by one of her videos. She seems very well-rounded

cupcake
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcake »

Locket wrote:I have never seen her do a sponsored video (correct me if I'm wrong, though, because I just started her vids recently)
I'm not sure if she's done any sponsored videos, but I do know she has received free products, tried to pass them off as her own purchases, and was incredibly vague about it in her FTC disclaimer.
I know this is pretty tame in comparison to most gurus, but I think the reason why it doesn't sit well with most is because she was the "different" one out of the bunch and now it just seems like she's becoming more and more like the rest of them. I hope I'm wrong, though, because I do think she's a nice girl.

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CountessOfPerth »

Allison is probably my favorite guru, if I had to choose one. I don't find her tutorials boring at all, which says a lot because in general I find tutorials very tedious & dull. Like, I know how to apply makeup, obviously, we all do for the most part. But she is fairly creative with her looks (like in her older videos she used a lot of bright colors but actually made them look flattering) & I like how she has a good balance of high end & drugstore makeup. I feel like she is quite genuine & if I met her, I could imagine her being really friendly & kind. I really admire her intelligence too, she is not a bimbo at all, like a lot of other "gurus".

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

On the old forum someone pointed this out before me but...the way she says "particular"...I'm watching her latest video & she said it AGAIN. Okay, Allison, I like you, I like you a whole lot, but the way you emphasize the "par" makes me want to give you a good smack. Geez. It makes me cringe every time.

Post by Guest »

Way to sneak the sponsored product (lotion) into a video by showing one's medicine cabinet. Riiiggghhtttt. *wink*wink*

lalatraveler
Informer
Informer

Post by lalatraveler »

One thing I do like about Allison is that she doesn't talk in a baby voice or pretend to be dumb. Hope that doesn't change!

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

abbbygril wrote:Way to sneak the sponsored product (lotion) into a video by showing one's medicine cabinet. Riiiggghhtttt. *wink*wink*
RIGHT lol. It's a shame when people start to get commercial. I know making beauty videos is Allison's thing, but...can't you make money another way?

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

abbbygril wrote:Way to sneak the sponsored product (lotion) into a video by showing one's medicine cabinet. Riiiggghhtttt. *wink*wink*
Eleventhgorgeous did the same thing. It annoyed me (I clicked out of the video) because I don't think she actually uses that stuff, and put it in there for the giveaway/sponsorship.

Other than that I like Allison. I like how calm she is, and it seems like she talks to the camera like she would a friend. Does that make sense?

hiiiiii
Learner
Learner

Post by hiiiiii »

I agree, I like her a lot also! She seems genuinely sweet, doesn't seem fake at all and still comes off as a fairly normal, relatable girl (unlike some of the other "gurus" nowadays :( ). Like someone already said, I love that she doesn't try to act dumb or talk in a baby/sickly sweet voice! And I really like how every single video of hers is not sponsored. I don't mind the occasional sponsored video as long as it's done right but I hate when like 80% of a youtuber's videos are sponsored (*cough*the#1thingIhateaboutBlair*cough*).
The only negative thing I have to say about her is occasionally I find her to be a bit dull/boring! But if that's the worst I can say, then I think she's doing pretty well :P
~Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.~

Foreigner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Foreigner »

hiiiiii wrote:I agree, I like her a lot also! She seems genuinely sweet, doesn't seem fake at all and still comes off as a fairly normal, relatable girl (unlike some of the other "gurus" nowadays :( ). Like someone already said, I love that she doesn't try to act dumb or talk in a baby/sickly sweet voice! And I really like how every single video of hers is not sponsored. I don't mind the occasional sponsored video as long as it's done right but I hate when like 80% of a youtuber's videos are sponsored (*cough*the#1thingIhateaboutBlair*cough*).
The only negative thing I have to say about her is occasionally I find her to be a bit dull/boring! But if that's the worst I can say, then I think she's doing pretty well :P

She should do a vlog about her new life in LA, her future projects, etc...
She talked a lot about university/internship but what's next beside YouTube?

Odyssey03

Post by Odyssey03 »

Allison is by far my favorite guru of the moment. Even though she's a few years older than me, I feel like I can relate to her a lot. She's doesn't act like an eight-year-old (or talk like one) while she's filming and although she takes a more serious approach to her YouTube channel, you can see she's very into it. I love that she's dedicated. It doesn't seem like she's in it for the money or the "fame" like some other people are. *cough* Elle & Blair *cough*

Her blog is fantastic too! When I want to see swatches of new products, regardless of whether it's a drugstore or high end product, I always check her blog before anyone else's.

I'm a supporter of Allison 100% and I hope she never changes! <3

ShortOne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ShortOne »

What was her major?

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Odyssey03 wrote:Allison is by far my favorite guru of the moment. Even though she's a few years older than me, I feel like I can relate to her a lot. She's doesn't act like an eight-year-old (or talk like one) while she's filming and although she takes a more serious approach to her YouTube channel, you can see she's very into it. I love that she's dedicated. It doesn't seem like she's in it for the money or the "fame" like some other people are. *cough* Elle & Blair *cough*

Her blog is fantastic too! When I want to see swatches of new products, regardless of whether it's a drugstore or high end product, I always check her blog before anyone else's.

I'm a supporter of Allison 100% and I hope she never changes! <3
Her blog is GREAT, really informative compared to others & she always does a good job with photographing.

The Vain Geezer
Learner
Learner

Post by The Vain Geezer »

ShortOne wrote:What was her major?
Communications, if I'm not mistaken.

candycane34
Learner
Learner

Post by candycane34 »

She's my favorite guru, I love her!!

infortheskrill
Lurker
Lurker

Post by infortheskrill »

I agree with everyone on this thread. I absolutely love her videos and her blog and she is one of the few gurus that are REALLY honest about sponsored videos and whatnot.

therakel749
Learner
Learner

Post by therakel749 »

I'm proud of her for suggesting the newsroom. Tweens in this country don't need to hear about how OMFG pretty little liars or vampire diaries.... I know that Allison watches those shows, and I do too, but there are way more important things out there than smut and trash and this could be a good step in getting younger viewers into something a little more substantial.

Return to “Allison Anderson”