Love her!

jenn07
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Love her!

Post by jenn07 »

I love all her tutorials, She's the guru that really got me into makeup and her Smoldering Plum Tutorial was really nice. I also agree that she's very down to earth haha

smucker79
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by smucker79 »

She's my absolute favorite—unpretentious, authentic and super down to earth!

guruslammer
Talker
Talker

Post by guruslammer »

I agree with all of you. I love her. Though I do question her friendship with Ingrid. But then again they rarely do videos together even though they are in the same apartment complex. I think she's a homebody and likes to relax and spend time with her family and friends that actually matter. the fact that she doesn't do a lot of videos with Ingrid says that she doesn't care about youtube fame.

audrelizabethh
Debater
Debater

Post by audrelizabethh »

I think she's one of the only mature youtubers! i like her a lot. I subscribed to her because of her accutane video, actually.

pumpkinparade
Learner
Learner

Post by pumpkinparade »

I like her because she seems approachable and she isn't pretentious. In addition, I get the vibe that she has an ACTUAL LIFE outside of youtube. She seems genuinely intelligent and doesn't irrelevantly toss in smart-sounding words in videos for the sake of sounding smart. She also doesn't take herself too seriously which is a huge plus since I could name soo many gurus who do!

starryeyed01
Learner
Learner

Post by starryeyed01 »

One of my favourite youtube "guru's" :) :love2:

PradaPrincess
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PradaPrincess »

I really like her because she seems intelligent and she's herself. She's very mature and seems to have a life besides Youtube and works on eating healthy and sporting. That's something I like.

nowayjose546
Learner
Learner

Post by nowayjose546 »

I know there used to be videos up on youtube showing Allison when she anchored for her college news station but now I can't find those videos. Does anyone have links? <3

Elena
Debater
Debater

Post by Elena »

I really like Allison because she seems like a smart girl who acts her age! I'm so bored with all these "gurus" acting all childish and silly to attract teenage audiences!

CassieAnne
Informer
Informer

Post by CassieAnne »

I really enjoy her videos- she's avoided some of the guru cliches, which I appreciate.

Eika
Learner
Learner

Post by Eika »

I really like her too, she has a calm personality and a soft voice! I think she's one of the few youtubers that I think I could actually be good friends with :)

By the way, there's now a bunch of people saying she got her nose done? I don't care but since this is guru gossiper, what do you guys think? If she did it's very subtle.

nupersatural
Learner
Learner

Post by nupersatural »

Out of all of the beauty gurus, Allison is, hands down, my absolute favorite.

Everything about her is so real and sophisticated and classy. Imho, she's one of the few beauty gurus who actually knows what she's doing while putting on makeup. I've bought so many products she's recommended and none of them have let me down. I trust her opinion 100%, even when she's talking about sponsored products. She deserves WAY more subscribers than she has. How has she not broken 400k yet? That's shocking to me. Yet Nikki Phillippi has 500k+ subscribers and doesn't know a damn thing about makeup (or hygiene...) I feel like Allison is one of the only genuine beauty gurus left. I seriously adore her.

SpringDuck
Informer
Informer

Post by SpringDuck »

Allison is a breath of fresh air. Unlike many gurus she's so mature and classy :love2:
:toad:

classicsreader
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by classicsreader »

Love how real she is!

sosltice
Talker
Talker

Post by sosltice »

Locket wrote:What I love about Allison is that she does everything. Vlogs, tutorials, reviews, favorites, hauls, everything! I have never seen her do a sponsored video (correct me if I'm wrong, though, because I just started her vids recently), and she seems to be very down-to-earth and honest. She has this humorous side to her that I absolutely adore, too. <3

Aaaaand one of the most important things to me is that she didn't gain her subscribers in some dishonest or stupid way. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like part of the reason a lot of young girls subscribe to gurus is to see all their cool stuff and how rich they are. Like, "Oh she's doing a room tour!! I can see all the cool stuff she buys with her money and how rich she is!" I know my ex-boyfriend's little sister used to be obsessed with Macbarbie07's videos because of how much money she appeared to have based on her material possessions. It was very weird and I didn't understand it AT ALL.

You should totally check out her Michael Todd Organics and Nume range videos. ALL SPONSORED.
Back to the point, Allison is obviously well-off, but she doesn't flaunt it. She is very humble. I really appreciate that because I am kind of poor and I don't enjoy watching others brag about their money and their awesome lives (I'm looking at you, Blair Fowler!). I want to watch a beauty guru because of her talent for makeup and beauty, not because she has the money to pay for expensive products and a pretty bedroom.

sosltice
Talker
Talker

Post by sosltice »

Locket wrote:What I love about Allison is that she does everything. Vlogs, tutorials, reviews, favorites, hauls, everything! I have never seen her do a sponsored video (correct me if I'm wrong, though, because I just started her vids recently), and she seems to be very down-to-earth and honest. She has this humorous side to her that I absolutely adore, too. <3

Aaaaand one of the most important things to me is that she didn't gain her subscribers in some dishonest or stupid way. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like part of the reason a lot of young girls subscribe to gurus is to see all their cool stuff and how rich they are. Like, "Oh she's doing a room tour!! I can see all the cool stuff she buys with her money and how rich she is!" I know my ex-boyfriend's little sister used to be obsessed with Macbarbie07's videos because of how much money she appeared to have based on her material possessions. It was very weird and I didn't understand it AT ALL.

Back to the point, Allison is obviously well-off, but she doesn't flaunt it. She is very humble. I really appreciate that because I am kind of poor and I don't enjoy watching others brag about their money and their awesome lives (I'm looking at you, Blair Fowler!). I want to watch a beauty guru because of her talent for makeup and beauty, not because she has the money to pay for expensive products and a pretty bedroom.

She shilled a lot of sponsored stuff/freebies in the past.
Last edited by sosltice on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

sosltice
Talker
Talker

Post by sosltice »

Her earlier videos were mostly sponsored- Nume and Michael Todd Organics.

1loveyoutube
Learner
Learner

Post by 1loveyoutube »

I absolutely love her videos! I always click on her videos once i see them pop up in my subscription list. she comes across as warm and down to earth. I love with her Christmas gift ideas the most. Some of her recent videos are also different from the loads of other repetitive beauty videos out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Allison Anderson”