SuperMaryFace - Part 14 - Yoko Ono Gets Her Groove Back

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: SuperMaryFace - Part 14 - Yoko Ono Gets Her Groove Back

Post by DaylightAmy »

And now looking back it was so obvious she was a child trying to sound like an adult. I was almost a little sad watching this back.

[youtube][/youtube]
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

oliver
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by oliver »

Wow I'm surprised Ken's channel actually grew to 3mil by making dr. Phil videos and reacting to memes. Impressive.
I think Ken looks pretty decent in the new video. Getting rid of that beard and getting a haircut helped a lot. I like his glasses.

I wonder what Mary thinks about Ken admitting they are married? I mean it was kinda obviously for visa stuff wasn't it? But they were always pretty shady about it. Idk.

Ken is reflecting on his channel and worried people won't watch him when he'll be 40. I don't know how long these meme videos will be popular. He doesn't want to worry about the numbers and he just wants to do what he likes. But very few people are that privileged. If he remains succesful good on him but in the end Youtube as a career is all about the numbers and how you can keep people interested in your stuff. It's just how it is. If I were him I'd start looking into making connections. Getting sponsorships and doing collabs with other people. He literally only has Felix and nobody knows if Felix will help him if everything goes to shit.

womp_womp
Learner
Learner

Post by womp_womp »

They will ride whatever trend is in. Memes and Dr. Phil stuff is getting clicks right now, so that's what he's doing. I don't fault him, it's not my cup of tea and I doubt it's what he really wants to do but his gameplay videos were garbage because he's critical to viewers and overall not fun to watch. So I don't blame him for trying to make it work with something, anything else. Mary, however, it's kind of sad that she disappeared. I always forget how young she actually is, but she had the most potential out of the two of them to bring home the bacon tbh once Ken's channel started to go downhill. Maybe she'll change her mind. Motherhood changes you for sure but it's so important to still hold on to some pieces of "yourself" and I don't know that she has, since we never see her anymore. #Debbiedowner lol

missclaaire
Learner
Learner

Post by missclaaire »

DaylightAmy wrote:And now looking back it was so obvious she was a child trying to sound like an adult. I was almost a little sad watching this back.
I watched it once again and I can only agree. I really don't want to compare other people's lifes with mine because everyone is different. But saying "my boyfriend is so sweet he buys me t-shirts I like and he of course likes" and how moving to America was all she ever wanted.. sounds so immature, I'm sorry, that can't be right. It's also sad because I really think that's not the case anymore. I bet that "it's all I ever wanted" is now a "I could have decided for something better".
I also agree so much on the thing you said before that. Those people weren't just supid haters Ken. They just pointed at what was wrong and as always he just blames everyone instead of explaining the whole thing. I mean age gaps aren't a big deal now, why not just be honest..? (My guess is that the answer to this is, that Ken was just lucky such a pretty girl was interested in him. Not saying the whole relationship is fake but there are enough signs that Ken is just not that loving nice guy. E.g. Mary has confessed that when she wrote Ken an E-Mail he just answered because he saw her photos, or let's not forget he called Layla "it" and what about all the times he just smacked her butt or put her boobs on the thumbnail or has been annoyed.)
womp_womp wrote:They will ride whatever trend is in. Memes and Dr. Phil stuff is getting clicks right now, so that's what he's doing. I don't fault him, it's not my cup of tea and I doubt it's what he really wants to do but his gameplay videos were garbage because he's critical to viewers and overall not fun to watch. So I don't blame him for trying to make it work with something, anything else. Mary, however, it's kind of sad that she disappeared. I always forget how young she actually is, but she had the most potential out of the two of them to bring home the bacon tbh once Ken's channel started to go downhill. Maybe she'll change her mind. Motherhood changes you for sure but it's so important to still hold on to some pieces of "yourself" and I don't know that she has, since we never see her anymore. #Debbiedowner lol
Exactly. People can tell if someone does something because he has to or because he like it. Ken isn't really passionate about anything and that why I don't get the amount of views either... he's just lazy. And about Mary I can only agree - she's pretty and has experience with modeling. I really don't understand why she gave it up. If she gives all of ther 87992347257 hobbies up, I would understand but this could have been her thing. Or if she continued with gaming so Ken could do other kinds of videos.

frootjoos
Learner
Learner

Post by frootjoos »

every time i think they couldn't get more boring, they prove me wrong

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

No vlog for a month now - no Twitter since May, Instagram is averaging once a month, Patreon once a week.

I'm 99.9% sure it's the snakes (and possibly moodiness from this particular pregnancy) that is keeping her offline. Ken saying she's "over it" is such horseshit - just a year ago she uploaded that video rambling about her nudes to clear it up for new work opportunities. This was when they were making a metric fuckton of money on Patreon still, so they clearly didn't need the money from her working; she clearly wanted to work. They were still vlogging near daily until the snakes started dying in December.

If I am to believe Twitch stats and a recent revelation from Twitch streamer "DisguisedToast" Ken makes at least $7500 a month on Twitch - not sure why they need that Patreon.

Post by Guest »

Does ken have an actual job? He posted something about leaving work or something on Twitter.

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

DaylightAmy wrote:No vlog for a month now - no Twitter since May, Instagram is averaging once a month, Patreon once a week.

I'm 99.9% sure it's the snakes (and possibly moodiness from this particular pregnancy) that is keeping her offline. Ken saying she's "over it" is such horseshit - just a year ago she uploaded that video rambling about her nudes to clear it up for new work opportunities. This was when they were making a metric fuckton of money on Patreon still, so they clearly didn't need the money from her working; she clearly wanted to work. They were still vlogging near daily until the snakes started dying in December.

If I am to believe Twitch stats and a recent revelation from Twitch streamer "DisguisedToast" Ken makes at least $7500 a month on Twitch - not sure why they need that Patreon.
How do you know how much he makes? I'm curious what that revelation is. It does seem like Ken has decent views and followers, but there's no stats about subs and cheers and stuff.

And I don't think it's the snakes necessarily (but could be, as we had no updates on them in a long time now), I think it's the pregnancy. She suddenly posted a video on her instastory of her dancing and showing off her belly though. Which really came out of nowhere. It makes me think they need money for the baby and building their house so they might become more active soon.

Also Snowknight, Ken doesn't have an actual job. But he seems to post "relatable" tweets sometimes so this is just him trying to be relatable with the kids.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

oliver wrote: How do you know how much he makes? I'm curious what that revelation is. It does seem like Ken has decent views and followers, but there's no stats about subs and cheers and stuff.

And I don't think it's the snakes necessarily (but could be, as we had no updates on them in a long time now), I think it's the pregnancy. She suddenly posted a video on her instastory of her dancing and showing off her belly though. Which really came out of nowhere. It makes me think they need money for the baby and building their house so they might become more active soon.

Also Snowknight, Ken doesn't have an actual job. But he seems to post "relatable" tweets sometimes so this is just him trying to be relatable with the kids.
DisguisedToast explains streamers get at least $2.50 per month per subscriber:

[youtube][/youtube]

This is what I used to estimate Ken's amount of subscribers:

https://twitchstats.net/sub-count

I've heard Ken refer to going to the shed to stream as "going to work" so I'm pretty sure that's what he would have meant on Twitter!

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

Ah thanks! That's interesting.
I think right now Ken would have between 2000-3000 subs then.
That's a lot of money even if it's 2000 subs. And this doesn't take into account the donations. :?
I'm guessing they don't really need patreon, but hey, it's extra money!

Post by Guest »

Remember patron was for their kids futures cause they are so poor and bills are expensive boo how hoo and YouTube isn’t enough. Meanwhile they’re building a huge house have huge cars, etc. laughing at how dumb people give them money.

Post by Guest »

I think it's because they admire their fav YouTuber, I wouldn't mind giving 5$ to my fav twitch streamers since I enjoy using the emotes ( & other features depending on the streamers) because it's not that much...
I once saw an awesome gamer streaming on Twitch and I remember he wrote in his bio he uses the donation to pay for medical school, I bet his fans don't care about emotes since they help thier fav streamers pay for college ( and I bet there are other examples where people know where their money is going so they won't care that much as well )
But when you look at ken and Mary and how much they earn from everyone else people should question it and at least think if it would've changed anything if they didn't donate 5$? The snakes are dying and their current house is big enough for the babies and dogs AND it doesn't seem like they need the money
But I guess at the end of the day it always comes down to "it's just 5$" to the fans

PermaLurker
Learner
Learner

Post by PermaLurker »

I lost interest in Ken and Mary so I haven't been watching Ken's streams, but I got curious and checked in on the stream that's live now. Ken has a number in the corner I'm assuming is his sub count: 890. So that's at least $2,225 + donations from twitch alone, a bit more depending on how many of those are higher tier and twitch prime subs since I think streamers get more from those. I think the highest number of subs he ever had when I actually watched him was just over 1,000.

Post by Guest »

I hate to admit it but I wish Mary would come back to YouTube. She could of done so many Halloween videos. I guess being a stay at home mom is what she wanted?

missclaaire
Learner
Learner

Post by missclaaire »

Snowknight wrote:I hate to admit it but I wish Mary would come back to YouTube. She could of done so many Halloween videos. I guess being a stay at home mom is what she wanted?
I get that. I kinda wish that too. But more I wish she would have the guts to make a "goodbye youtube" video like Marzia, and for once be honest that she just won't make videos anymore. Because I think there are quite some fans who really wish and think she'll be back. Also being clear about her intentions would also be good for her you know. I just guess that she doesn't have a plan what to do instead. I just can't imagine being a housewife is really her dream? I mean what's left, she probably won't be modeling during her pregnancy, she stopped YouTube for no good reason but "it's not her thing anymore" and she stopped doing all of her 100 hobbies anyway, so...

Post by Guest »

Yeah maybe a goodbye YouTube would be good. Only if she was genuinely happy. Not fake happy while you’re almost in tears from lying to yourself like she’s done. Also if she’d stop lying about everything like she’s better than everyone else, no ones perfect and I think if she said what she was really feeling it would be nice. So I wonder if they gave up on patron too?

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

Mary is pretty much only posting on patreon. Which I think is quite unfair to he rfans. She's locking her all her current content behind a paywall.
Which makes it obvious that she doesn't care about her fans. It's all for the money. If she could get away with making minimal content then she would. And that's exactly what she's doing lol. Imagine making 1.5k dollars a month with just making a photo every couple days and writing a few posts. Why would you put more effort if this is all it takes to keep having people donate to you? :roll: They're not even making vlogs anymore... It really baffles me so many people are still sticking around.

Post by Guest »

oliver wrote:Mary is pretty much only posting on patreon. Which I think is quite unfair to he rfans. She's locking her all her current content behind a paywall.
Which makes it obvious that she doesn't care about her fans. It's all for the money. If she could get away with making minimal content then she would. And that's exactly what she's doing lol. Imagine making 1.5k dollars a month with just making a photo every couple days and writing a few posts. Why would you put more effort if this is all it takes to keep having people donate to you? :roll: They're not even making vlogs anymore... It really baffles me so many people are still sticking around.
that is pretty shitty, since a bunch of people were posting how they miss her on her last Instagram they all must not pay for patreon. She probably just listens to Ken her whole life revolves around him,when he’s coming home,cooking for him,etc. pretty boring. I still remember when she was promising everyone patrons just see stuff earlier but everyone won’t be locked out their stuff. I wonder what they’ll do when people really tire of kens crappy content.

CyanideSilence
Talker
Talker

Post by CyanideSilence »

So wasn't Mary suppose to do a cosplay for Blizzcon that Zach Fischer drew up for her? Guess she gave up on that. I know she's pregnant but still.

oliver
Informer
Informer

Post by oliver »

I was surprised she actually joined that project since I'm pretty sure she was already planning that pregnancy, plus I just couldn't see Mary making a complicated armor cosplay lol. If you are interested, look at the twitter page, there were some AMAZING cosplayers!
twitter.com/projebonblade

Return to “MaryMakingIt”