MaryMakingIt - Part 15 - Definitely Not SuperMaryFace

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: MaryMakingIt - Part 15 - Definitely Not SuperMaryFace

Post by DaylightAmy »

Snowknight wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:33 pm
In kens new video he says they want to move to Australia cause guns are bad and Mary doesn’t want to put her kids in school in America. Why are they building a big ass house here then? Also you have to pay on patron to see anything about them cause pedophiles on YouTube ....does he not think they would pay patron to look at kids too he’s lost it. Maybe don’t put your kids on the internet at all? I thought before Mary said the vlogs would be mostly her and Ken still before she had babies but then the babies is the reason they quit?
I get the concept of the idea that a paywall would hold off SOME of the weirdos and backseat parents (notice how the backseat parenting comments were the first reason he mentioned, lol) but that would only really matter if they shared anything behind that paywall. There's literally hardly anything happening on their Patreon, and there are still pictures of the kids on Instagram (#ad) as well so...? None of that rant made sense?

Also Ken saying that the house they're having built has turned out to be a lot bigger than they thought... just proves how little they care. We built our house last year and we went over sizes, measurements, plans etc with diligence and care because we... cared? The tape-measure is worn from us measuring and re-measuring the dimensions of the house over and over to ensure the sizes of the rooms were right for us. It's not normal to take your opportunity to have your own house built for granted.

He mentions that Mary left her family for him so it's only fair if he does the same, as half of an international couple as well I personally don't understand that approach, but at least he's willing to try what will make her happy so that's a good thing. My husband and I never 'kept score' like that. We knew the distance meant sacrifice and we picked the easiest poison and made the best of it, not with the footnote of "this means somewhere down the line, you will have to give up everything as well". But hey. I guess our decision making process was very different from theirs.

She definitely gave up a lot for Ken but I didn't necessarily think "leaving her family behind" was the sacrifice... moreso the fact that she was far too young to be making huge life decisions and they probably should have stuck with LA as a compromise for her (she had friends there, could work there and it was closer to both the life she wanted and her home). At least he appears to love her enough to try and give up his comfort for her.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Chibi Mooncat
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chibi Mooncat »

How’s everyone going during quarantine? Anyone still on this thread? Haha. Anyway...

Maybe Mary should leave the hair cutting to the professionals... She ruined his hair. I know we’re in difficult times but... Yikes!

This was her explanation for her “assassination” of his hair lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:cuted:

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by GoldChocobo »

Lmao it's one bad decision after another in that house. Mary, you could have at least ordered clippers from amazon, LOL.

Check out his easter vlog and try not to yell at the screen as Ken ignores his children completely whike Mary over compensates by whispering "oh my goodness" every three seconds.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

Post by Guest »

Where does Mary post anymore? I never see anything. I figured she’d post about rs bday cause I saw ken post about it on twitter. I thought the Easter video was kinda sad he did seem to ignore the kids the whole time I hope he’s not like that all the time but you’d think for a video “Mary wanted to make for her family” he could at least be involved like wtf man?

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Snowknight wrote:Where does Mary post anymore? I never see anything. I figured she’d post about rs bday cause I saw ken post about it on twitter. I thought the Easter video was kinda sad he did seem to ignore the kids the whole time I hope he’s not like that all the time but you’d think for a video “Mary wanted to make for her family” he could at least be involved like wtf man?
She very rarely posts publicly and when she does it's on Instagram. She's slacking with patreon posts a lot of the time as well.

She made a cake the other day and posted it to her stories. A strawberry cake with strawberry and cotton candy buttercream. It sounded so sweet I wanted to scream. Im assuming that was L's cake.

I don't believe she made that video for her family. I believe she was testing the waters. Because if it was just for her family she could have made a private video with limited access.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

Post by Guest »

Yeah I thought it was weird how he said like she wanted to do it. It’s also weird when she posts nothing and then just posts random cakes. I’m guessing you pay for the patreon? And it’s not worth it? I was wondering if they just took money and didn’t post. I’m so bored now I kind of miss the family vlogs but I don’t miss all the snake neglect and dog neglect.

marysomething
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by marysomething »

(Long time lurker first time poster etc...) I think she is testing to waters to see if she could come back. Ken was streaming last night to show his new setup because he seemed to have moved it to the basement of the new house. He was just interacting with the chat and people on there started to mention and compliment Mary because she was in the chat as well. She then subbed to Ken and joined him downstairs. She was sitting behind him on her phone doing the occasional stare and accepting the chat's praise for a good hour. After that Ken left to go "pee in a bush" and she took over for over an hour interacting with the chat. She ended up closing out the stream. She seemed to enjoy herself, but it also looked like she was starved for attention. I wouldn't be surprised if she started appearing in ken's stuff more and more or started streaming again soon.

There was a lot of "pet updates" during Ken and Mary's portion of the stream: (I forgot some because my post was deleted after I typed it sorry)
-"Snakes are fine"
-Lunchbox is till fat
-The spider was apparently male all along and is now dying of old age because she he stopped eating.
-Biscuit ran away so many times that they ended up letting another family that found her keep her because she didn't get along with the other dogs.
-Betty hated Biscuit and it seemed like Ken and Mary did too. They are over puppies.
-"Boss is fine"
-They complained about owning pure breed dogs saying Betty was allergic to everything and was a pain in the ass because of it. (So let's keep her outside 24/7 why not...)
-They don't want anymore pets in the future. They have kids instead now.

BattleCookie
Learner
Learner

Post by BattleCookie »

They uploaded a House Tour on Kens Channel

Upside:
The new house is much lighter than the old one with a lot of space for the kids surrounded by nature. The furniture is quite pretty, but partly a little bit minimalistic, but that may be just my personal tasteand maybe the interior design is not finished yet.
The kids are adroable and their interactions with their parents are sweet and adorable. The kids rooms also have cute setups and Layla und Ralphie seem happy also Kens and Marys interactions with each other seemed much more chill and genuine.

Downside the Pets:
It is ,again, confirmed that Greta is the only surviving snake.
Lunchbox has grown a lot and is shown sleeping.
Doro has massively grown and ist held in the kitchen.
All enclosures look very small for the sizes of the animals who inhabit them , I hope they get upgraded cages soon
Betty and Boss were not allowed into the house during the video. Boss looked like he needed to be brushed . In the comments it is stated that they gave up biscuit for adoption because her habbit of running away.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Their new house is absolutely gorgeous - beautiful location, very nice design and layout - some very fancy stuff in there too (the high end range washer and dryer combo, the quality of the installed wood, the huge bathtub, the enclosed porch area - a future hot tub)... they are definitely livin' the life (but they're gonna need more than 400 people on Patreon to make going to a convention financially viable, of course! LOL). They do seem a lot more relaxed together than before and the kids are definitely adorable.

From what I've seen in two videos now, Boss is still locked outside... and I agree the enclosures for the spider, snake and lizard look very small. Definitely just Greta who survived. Very sad.

If she really is testing the waters to come back... not that she will, I sincerely doubt she has the backbone for it, but the best way to come back would be to just make a quick, brief, HONEST video about the snakes (they passed, we did make some mistakes, we have learned, etc) - maybe just own her own inconsistency with some confidence (i.e. professional cosplayer, serious gamer/streamer, wildlife expert, reptile breeding expert, mental health educator) and just be like "I'm just gonna do what I wanna do without branding myself this time" and I think she'll find there will be a lot less snipey questions, snide comments... and like maybe just stop responding to comments that annoy her. Just ignore them. The snapping is an open invitation for trolls.

Her streams on Twitch were at times very entertaining, I kind of enjoyed watching her. Much better than the family vlogs. Don't get me wrong... untangling the clues from those vlogs was entertaining in its own way, but the conclusions were never fun. If you're gonna lock out your dog and poorly house your reptiles no matter what we say, at least please do it out of our line of sight... because if you still can't own it you're clearly not gonna change.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

marysomething wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:24 am
(Long time lurker first time poster etc...) I think she is testing to waters to see if she could come back. Ken was streaming last night to show his new setup because he seemed to have moved it to the basement of the new house. He was just interacting with the chat and people on there started to mention and compliment Mary because she was in the chat as well. She then subbed to Ken and joined him downstairs. She was sitting behind him on her phone doing the occasional stare and accepting the chat's praise for a good hour. After that Ken left to go "pee in a bush" and she took over for over an hour interacting with the chat. She ended up closing out the stream. She seemed to enjoy herself, but it also looked like she was starved for attention. I wouldn't be surprised if she started appearing in ken's stuff more and more or started streaming again soon.

There was a lot of "pet updates" during Ken and Mary's portion of the stream: (I forgot some because my post was deleted after I typed it sorry)
-"Snakes are fine"
-Lunchbox is till fat
-The spider was apparently male all along and is now dying of old age because she he stopped eating.
-Biscuit ran away so many times that they ended up letting another family that found her keep her because she didn't get along with the other dogs.
-Betty hated Biscuit and it seemed like Ken and Mary did too. They are over puppies.
-"Boss is fine"
-They complained about owning pure breed dogs saying Betty was allergic to everything and was a pain in the ass because of it. (So let's keep her outside 24/7 why not...)
-They don't want anymore pets in the future. They have kids instead now.
I'm watching that stream now and Mary seems so relaxed and happy. Actually a breath of fresh air to see. And her hair looks incredibly healthy - her jokes are relaxed, she's not trying to seem perfect like she used to... it's kinda low key awesome. This makes me wish she would actually stream again. Might be good for her (she looks like she's having fun) and give her a fresh start.

missclaaire
Learner
Learner

Post by missclaaire »

I didn'T watch the whole thing but I have to agree. She seems more grown up and relaxed, and less.. try hard. I'd love to see more of her like that! :P

edit: I saw the bit where she admited she felt like she had let people down when she stopped making videos. I'm glad she said that, might sound weird, but I always felt like she stopped and didn't care one bit, it made her seem so cold. I'm sorta glad she's not like that

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

missclaaire wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:36 am
I didn'T watch the whole thing but I have to agree. She seems more grown up and relaxed, and less.. try hard. I'd love to see more of her like that! :P

edit: I saw the bit where she admited she felt like she had let people down when she stopped making videos. I'm glad she said that, might sound weird, but I always felt like she stopped and didn't care one bit, it made her seem so cold. I'm sorta glad she's not like that
Yeah when she said she's not going to stream again purely because when she stopped last time she felt like she was letting people down and she didn't want to feel that way again... fair enough, that's honest. It's a shame (you really don't need to stream on a schedule or even have pre-determined content, just do whatever you feel like 2 hours a week?) but at least it's more insightful than before. She also mentioned she'll never do YouTube again because she's too sensitive and never hardened up, and you have to harden up to be able to deal with YouTube - again more honest and insightful than she's been before. Kudos for that.

She also said about the snakes, that they all passed away... she cut herself off right in the middle of what I believe was her admitting it was their own fault. I'm not diving back into that 2 hours of stream to find the exact quote, but it was something along the lines of - "they all got bacterial infections, which came from..." and then she quickly jumped to it being too sad to talk about. We all know what the end of that sentence was supposed to be... that bacterial infection started when Ken flat out ignored the snakes for a week straight while Mary was in Australia. Pancake was dead in that drawer for god knows how long. That started it all. She said it was too painful to talk about. I get that, but it remains problematic that they continue to get views and adsense from preachy videos about her reptile husbandry.

But she seemed SO much less try hard. It was really nice actually. Time off and motherhood have clearly been doing her good. I cackled at her "I haven't shaved my legs in forever, why would I, we're stuck in the house" LOL.

missclaaire
Learner
Learner

Post by missclaaire »

so I went on her instagram to check if there's anything new from her and... I was a bit shocked that she's all into cottage core now. Not that it's bad or doesn't suit her but it such a big contrast to the style she had years ago! it's like she's a whole new person and I wonder if there was a specific reason for it other than "I got tired of youtube and couldn't handle the criticism" you know what I mean?

Also her boobs look smaller. maybe it's those dresses I'm not sure

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Yeah it's definitely a HUGE contrast that makes you wonder. She was so young, after all - 17,18, acted like she knew it all but nobody does at that age, even the best and smartest and most experienced 18 year olds. But to go from nude shoots and wearing small bikinis everywhere to dressing like an actual sister wife what, 5? years later... it's much. It's a lot.

missclaaire
Learner
Learner

Post by missclaaire »

Exactly! Like everyone changes their style during their life, but from one contrast to another that fast? Almost makes me think something happend that changed her opinion.

Chibi Mooncat
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Chibi Mooncat »

I know this thread is very dead lol but here’s some fresh news!

Mary is pregnant AGAIN! Ken uploaded a new video announcing it. She’s currently 13 weeks and has confirmed to having another boy.

Who’s next on the Ninja Turtle list? If they’re continuing with this theme.

Also later in the year they’re all moving to Australia, Ken will stay behind for a little bit but Mary and the kids will already be over there.
:cuted:

missclaaire
Learner
Learner

Post by missclaaire »

thanks for the update! I never liked Ken so I don't follow him at all.

Sounds like Mary gt what she wanted... good for her. I'm honestly kinda happy for her. I'm really curious to see how that will be. I kinda hope she'll start vlogging again.

But also, it's kinda... meh to have your parents build a house and then be like, thanks but we'll move far away like a year later. Poor ken's parents. Some are just ungrateful. Also I wonder if Ken will last, or just move back home without her after a while. It'S hard to say

missclaaire
Learner
Learner

Post by missclaaire »

also why is her instagram pirvate all of a sudden

Vonneeee
Learner
Learner

Post by Vonneeee »

I get such a sad/unhappy vibe from her. I hope I'm wrong but she seems so unhappy.

missclaaire
Learner
Learner

Post by missclaaire »

Vonneeee wrote:
> I get such a sad/unhappy vibe from her. I hope I'm wrong but she seems so
> unhappy.

I see that too. I just watched the video where they announce them moving and her pregnancy. I'm happy for her and maybe she seems like that ebcause her pregnancy, but since she said it's all so easy and happy I'm not sure what else it could be. she seems so unhappy.

Return to “MaryMakingIt”