Meredith Foster Part 4 / Stilababe09 | Real & Recovering

TheMagicAndMegan
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Meredith Foster Part 4 / Stilababe09 | Real & Recovering

Post by TheMagicAndMegan »

One of the girls literally has a video called "is bethel a cult" talking about.... HOW ITS A CULT.

This is my actual nightmare. The second I saw her tag that business in my town, I should have messaged her.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

BSSM's branding and website are really well done. It seems Mere is EXACTLY the kind of person they want to recruit. Young, wealthy, pretty, white. She is sooo vulnerable in her current state and this is straight up preying on her.
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

TheMagicAndMegan
Talker
Talker

Post by TheMagicAndMegan »

LivingInElysium wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:54 pm
BSSM's branding and website are really well done. It seems Mere is EXACTLY the kind of person they want to recruit. Young, wealthy, pretty, white. She is sooo vulnerable in her current state and this is straight up preying on her.
My exact sentiments. Watching Meredith somewhat triggers my former ED, but i think im going to have to get over it and follow her again just to watch this cult business.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

How long before Mere deletes all the comments calling Bethel a cult?
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

hannz16
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by hannz16 »

Wait did Meredith join the school? I looked at their website and thought they’re just catholic’s but then I read about it and they like use the bible but it’s not the same as being a Catholic / Christian

Post by Guest »

Damn it's weird. In my country you couldn't even tell anyone that you're religious, it would mean you're cuckoo. Anyway in the "Is Bethel a cult" video, the girl doesn't really even come across as a Christian that much, she's talking like a young white girl who got excited about some nonsense and who knows for how long it's gonna go on. Also I don't mean this to sound like Mere couldn't take care of herself, but I really don't think she should be hanging out with these people. Especially in this situation. I mean I'm not a huge fan of Teala (didn't watch her much), but she seems like a good friend to Mere.

Nadia
Learner
Learner

Post by Nadia »

If you have some free time, listen to the 'Defecting from Bethel' series on the Cultish podcast. It's three parts about an hour each...super creepy stuff.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Damn, SO MANY more comments now about Bethel's culty nature. At this point, she'd have to turn off comments all together. Deleting manually would take forever. There are also some real idiots replying below nearly every comment asking how ppl know/please explain. Like, if you're typing a comment, how about you type into the Google search field instead?

ImageImage

dfcheesepls
Learner
Learner

Post by dfcheesepls »

ok i also thought the video with her roomies was weird too. It seems like they have an agenda to use meredith's channel to like recruit people. They kept talking about how they have lots of things planned and we'll be seeing the roomates a lot more.
I also tried to read up on the church a little and apparently they think they can use god to grant miracles or something like that, which would explain why meredith was taking pictures with the homeless people.

radishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by radishes »

I am really worried about Mere. I’m not religious so I always ignored her religious posts, but didn’t think anything of it. But this is really bad news. I watched the video and the other 2 girls genuinely seem so dumb (you’re from Ohio and you don’t know if that’s in the Midwest??). The fact that they’re both trying to do YouTube is also concerning because it’ seems like they are using her for her followers. And most of all the fact that Mere is using her influence to promote a cult to thousands of young girls is sickening. Thankfully the comments are mostly negative on this video, but I’m still worried some of her younger viewers could get influenced.

Also I scrolled through the instas of both of them, and captions are filled with the stereotypical god stuff, but this post from brianne worried me.

http://imgur.com/j8D5V7a

Basically she also had an eating disorder, but she didn’t seek medical help, she claims God cured her. Considering how newly recovered Mere is, this worries me that she’ll adopt this mindset of praying rather than getting medical help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

radishes wrote:I am really worried about Mere. I’m not religious so I always ignored her religious posts, but didn’t think anything of it. But this is really bad news. I watched the video and the other 2 girls genuinely seem so dumb (you’re from Ohio and you don’t know if that’s in the Midwest??). The fact that they’re both trying to do YouTube is also concerning because it’ seems like they are using her for her followers. And most of all the fact that Mere is using her influence to promote a cult to thousands of young girls is sickening. Thankfully the comments are mostly negative on this video, but I’m still worried some of her younger viewers could get influenced.

Also I scrolled through the instas of both of them, and captions are filled with the stereotypical god stuff, but this post from brianne worried me.

http://imgur.com/j8D5V7a

Basically she also had an eating disorder, but she didn’t seek medical help, she claims God cured her. Considering how newly recovered Mere is, this worries me that she’ll adopt this mindset of praying rather than getting medical help.

That is concerning. Also the doctor didn’t “falsely accuse” you of having an eating disorder. It’s a diagnosis. They could misdiagnose you, but it sounds as if she did have one and just didn’t realize it. But I digress. Anyways doesn’t sound like someone you want to look to as a recovery inspiration.

catmom89
Learner
Learner

Post by catmom89 »

I get a REALLY bad vibe from her roommates.

holaholitahola
Learner
Learner

Post by holaholitahola »

Comments have been disabled on the latest video!

catmom89
Learner
Learner

Post by catmom89 »

Omg I just realized something: that's why Meredith has been posting pictures of herself with homeless people. Bethel believes in praying over people to heal them. She's already caught up in it. This is scary.

wildwild94
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wildwild94 »

This is reeaaaally weird. I’m watching the video currently and the comments are off. And the homeless people pics etc this is scary

wildwild94
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wildwild94 »

Okay so diving a little deeper, it gets worse. I checked out the channels of her new roommates as you guys suggested and wow. The video that explains how bethel “isn’t a cult” is doing exactly the opposite as someone just said. I’m watching the other girls video too, and she said she was super inspired after hearing testimonies of people who had “literally gone to hell” and healing sick people, raising dead all of that.

So now I’m on their website watching the testimonials myself and I have to say, their site is well done and things are high quality. Probably why it’s so easy for people to fall into their trap. I’m seriously hoping she realizes where this is headed fast.

speechierecovery
Learner
Learner

Post by speechierecovery »

Gems from Brianne’s Facebook.
09685CA6-2C51-4BBF-B37C-F91A8007329F.png
C50F51C4-2C92-4E61-9631-3325AE241A84.png
It is very frightening to me that the Madison girl asked to live with Meredith, who does that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nadia
Learner
Learner

Post by Nadia »

If you have to disable comments on your youtube video because your subscribers are telling you, you accidentally joined a cult...you definitely accidentally joined a cult LOL

In all seriousness though, if I was an impressionable person looking to be a part of "something great" or delving into spirituality/religion and came across Bethel and their website, I would 100% get caught up in it. The website is very well put together and gives off that young, hip, super good looking, wannabe influencer vibe.

I hope more people call her out on the fact that they believe in conversion therapy. That should be an automatic dealbreaker for any decent human being.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

holaholitahola wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 pm
Comments have been disabled on the latest video!
Good thing I have screengrabs from last night. I wasn't able to get ones from new comments today though.

ImageImage

lawyerbarbie
Talker
Talker

Post by lawyerbarbie »

She replied saying it's not a cult in her latest Instagram post. I seriously hope some of these comments wake her up to what Bethel is and stands for.

Return to “Meredith Foster”